[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forget all talk about acting, fight scenes, or general quality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: ironfist.jpg (50KB, 350x517px) Image search: [Google]
ironfist.jpg
50KB, 350x517px
Forget all talk about acting, fight scenes, or general quality of the show, because I know it will come up. Was this racist?
>>
>>91792066
>>>/pol/
>>
Unintentionally, when he would try and talk down to asian martial artists about not focusing enough on certain things. I get they wanted to portray him as a master martial artist that knew everything, but it didn't come off good at all.
>>
>>91792126
With how Iron Fist is a title, similar to the Ancient One, how there could be Asian Iron Fists in the past, and how the made K'un-Lun and the Hand(s) mixed raced, again, similar to Kamar-Taj, they seemed to at least tried to cover themselves. That Danny, through work to succeed, became the newest Iron Fist
They did misstep, but at least they tried to lessen it
>>
It wasn't meta enough to be racist. It even had Danny laugh at the idea of people perceiving he and some homeless dude are the same.

And if you don't want to talk about all those tenants of the show and all you want to talk about is racism then fuck off to /pol/ or /int/ faggot.
>>
No.

Now piss off.
>>
>>91792066
It wasn't racist to cast a white guy to play a white character.

What WAS kinda racist was making all asian cultures interchangeable. They seriously had a Chinese character being a member of a Japanese organization that dealt in South Korea... Keep in mind that the Chinese and South Koreans hate the Japanese...

It boggles the mind that they decided to have Iron Fist be enemies with The Hand when he doesn't have anything to do with them in the comics besides beating the crap out of them occasionally with his friends.
>>
>>91792532
>And if you don't want to talk about all those tenants of the show and all you want to talk about is racism then fuck off to /pol/ or /int/ faggot.
Wanted to discuss whether the main complaint that this is show is racist is valid or not. Said that because I felt like otherwise the thread would diverge into talks about how Finn Jones shouldn't of been casted anyway, that he can't fight. Wanted to keep it on the main topic and away from shitposting
>>
>>91792066
>forget all the reasons to talk about this show
>another race thread
>>
>>91792745

It's also pretty racist to assume that ALL Chinese and South Koreans hate the Japanese.
>>
>>91792126
>White martial artist aren't allowed to know more than Asian ones

Wow, that assumption is way more racist.
>>
>>91792066

No. The whole point of Danny was the fact that it was unusual he was Asian AND the Iron Fist; there should have been others before him, he's merely the latest to take up the mantle.

What was racist was how whenever anything Asian comes up, the country of origin was completely interchangeable. Japan, China and South Korea don't like their characters and cultures being confused just like how Scotland, England and Ireland don't; what's more, the former list has a lot more reasons to dislike the interchangeability, while the latter is basically 'muh God's green earth'.
>>
>>91792883
I am not talking about individuals, I am talking about on a cultural level and the fact that a Japanese organization has a strong foothold in both China and South Korea when there are organizations both in Marvel and in the real world that could fill those roles better.
>>
>>91792066
No.
>>
No. If people really cared for asian actors they should suport them in roles that don't involve martial arts.
>>
>>91793717
Every complaint from SJWs I see is how Danny Rand should be Asian-American. I even got slightly pissed off once because of how much of a broken record it's become, especially because that time they were leading up to that as the final complaint. Don't they realize that casting an Asian in a role where martial arts and mystical magical shit, being one of the few Asians in Marvel, would be racist in of itself. And if they did make Danny racist, they'd be like "Oh, of course you make the martial artist Asian, racist Marvel!"
At least request to make him Black or Hispanic
>>
>>91792066
No.
>>
>>91793873
Tumblr has always been racist to East Asians.
>>
>>91793873
>did make Danny racist
meant to say Asian
>>
>>91792883
It's not racist so much as a general consensus. Many if not most Chinese and Koreans loathe Japanese for what they did from 1894 to 1945.
>>
Kek did a mod remove my post talking about how Asians dont give a fuck about representation?
>>
>acting
wooden and basically not directed at all
>fight scenes
worse than Daredevil
>general quality
boring except for the Meachums but their respective plots went basically no where
>racist
why would you even bring that up you dumb cunt
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.