[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bestseller List 4/23/17 - Nick Spencer On Suicide Watch Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 294
Thread images: 40

Batman and Superman outsell Secret Empire.

>1. Batman #21
>2. All Star Batman #9
>3. Superman #21
>4. Secret Empire #0
>5. Justice League #19
>6. Redneck #1
>7. Super Sons #3
>8. Nightwing #19
>9. Monstress #11
>10. Captain America: Steve Rogers #16
>>
>Batman #21 was such a big book this week that it outsold every other book on our Top Ten COMBINED! DC ended up taking eight of our store’s top ten slots this week, with Secret Empire #0 making it to fourth place and Redneck #1 in eighth place.

>No real trends this week–back issue sales seemed to be scattered across a wide range of titles, although Marvel back issues did take a little larger percentage than in weeks past.

—–

>Wow. I was expecting Batman #21 to outsell everything else by a mile. What I wasn’t expecting is that Redneck #1 would come in THIRD, and that even Dr Strange #19 would outsell the beginning of Secret Empire– which limped to 9th. We have a lot of copies left and this’ll inform how we proceed with ordering this “event.” Happy also to see Super Sons is maintaining its base, as it’s a really well-done book. I really hope Marvel figures out how to lift out of this downward spiral, because it’s officially taking a measurable chunk of dollars off the table.

>Lots of Silver and Bronze age Marvel sales out of the back issues, with several customers noting they missed reading & enjoying Marvel and grabbing old stuff was satisfying that itch more than the new stuff. Specifically Claremont/Byrne X-Men issues, Miller Daredevil, and Lee/Kirby FF issues.
>>
You need to put Bleeding Cool in the title m8, it gets confusing.
Not surprising though, Rebirth has much more hype while HydraCap is much more divisive.

>6. Redneck #1

What's this?
>>
>The Hype train has pulled out of the station and DC is riding the top like one of those kids from the internet as Batman absolutely dominated the Top 10 here at FFF. Marvel had a weaker week than usual with only three books in the Top 20. One of which was X-Men Blue still selling from last week.

>The Dark Knight has become death, destroyer of other titles. Flash has massive shoes to fill next week, but if it continues to be even a fraction as good, it’ll still be a top seller. With thirteen titles in the Top 20, DC has found it’s footing. They’ve found the perfect balance between quality and quantity by not flooding the market with as much as they can just to see what sticks. They’re taking chances and it’s paying off. Superwoman of all titles outsold Venom.

>Image’s cat has shredded open the bag and clawed its way up to being one of the top contenders at our store. With three titles in the Top 10 and one more in the Top 20, they’re starting to prove that they should be one of the Big Two over some of the other Major competition. As a store we’ve been pushing their (and other indie publishers) books over most of the traditional tights and capes comics. Donny Cates has become a store favorite. Redneck is definitely riding God Country’s wave, but if the quality of the first issue is any indication I see it staying a top seller. Plastic was also pushed by our staff and was received positively by customers. Doug Wagner seems like he’ll be one of the next writers to watch in the coming months. Invincible may be wrapping up soon, but it still sells well at #15 in our Top 20. A lot of our customers are going to be disappointed when it wraps up, but with all the other great titles coming out of Image, it won’t be hard to find a replacement.
>>
>Marvel is still limping along with only one title in the Top 10 and two more in the Top 20. Secret Empire had some hype backing it up, and it served it well as it was #8, but like all Marvel events, I don’t see it lasting. Maybe if they stay on schedule and keep the fans interested in the Post-Obama Marvel Universe. But that’s a lofty goal for the company that also put out Civil War II and Secret Wars (III). Venom and X-Men Blue were #17 and #20 respectively. Again, hype seems to be fueling Venom as we’ve been teased with the return of Eddie Brock for a few months now. X-Men Blue is still enjoying a nice boost as people are interested in the Merry Mutants again. Hopefully that holds true through the bi-monthly schedule.

>Early Rebirth issues are one of our top back issue sellers. People are still jumping on and staying interested in what DC is putting out. The Button also got a few people interested in old Flash back issues from his earlier runs as well as Flashpoint and it’s tie-ins. Batman back issues are a regular seller. X-Men, Walking Dead, Saga and Spider-Man also sold as usual.

—–

>This was our second Wednesday as a two store operation and wow, what a week. Batman (3D and otherwise) took the top 3 slots. The good thing about having a new store that nobody knows about (lol) is that we still had hot new books like Redneck, Plastic, Batman 21 lenticular and God Country in stock even after other shops sold out.

>Redneck was a bonafide hit and believe it or not, I think even more new people tried God Country starting with issue 4.

>The indie buzz from Image and the straight forward appeal of Batman 21 did a good job of shadowing Secret Empire #0 but that book was so gorgeous that I am certain second week sales will be in our top 20.
>>
>>91791979
good question

was there a storytime or anything?
>>
>The indie buzz from Image and the straight forward appeal of Batman 21 did a good job of shadowing Secret Empire #0 but that book was so gorgeous that I am certain second week sales will be in our top 20.

>With our second store, we have also entered a new back issue market and the response to new inventory has been very well received. Notable sales include a Giant Sized X-men #1, first appearances of Ant-Man, Cloak and Dagger, Starlord and a nice stack of higher grade Marvel/DC treasury editions. Special thanks to BCW for making treasury sized bags and boards!

—–

>Batman #21 was the clear winner for the week. Redneck however gave it a run for it’s money passing the century mark in sales. Secret Empire #0 was the best selling event book since Avengers vs X-Men and almost sold completely out day one.

>Wonder Woman back-issues are flying out of the store. Detective Comics is also n fire with new and old issues being sought after…
>>
>>91791983
>Superwoman of all titles outsold Venom.

I don't know who to root for here.
>>
>>91791979
>Redneck #1

Red Neck Vampires.
>>
>This week’s top 10 was Batman, and then Batman, followed by Batman, and Batman. And then All-Star Batman.

>Secret Empire did pretty well, though not even in the ballpark of what Marvel Events used to do, before they did events to death. Hardly anyone bought Nick Fury, and Royals has already died. With another $10 book on the horizon, everyone is jumping off Deadpool.

>Redneck sold really well, but with the way God Country sells, that’s no surprise. Monstress is up there with the best selling Image books. That’s how Art can “move the needle”.

>I wish I wasn’t right, but DC’s move to $3.99 has really started to take a bite out of their numbers, which had held amazingly steady since Rebirth launched. What I didn’t expect, was how much it would hurt the $2.99 books. It seems that many of my DC customers decided to take a long, hard look at what DC’s they are buying, and cut their lists down. In some cases, this has made them cut DC entirely. Not many, mind, but you know, a few is too many.

>Rebirth is still selling what I would call “well”, though. It’s just too bad they couldn’t keep holding the line.

>We sell tons of back issues, all the time, so I never quite know what to put here. Overall, my feeling is that mid-eighties are in, as the seventies stuff becomes harder to find for those cheaper prices. Past that it seems to be keys or nothing, with the obvious exception of recent back issues.
>>
>Secret Empire 0. What the heck happen? Captain America Steve Rogers sold more and sold out while Secret Empire sold less and not very well to put it mildly.

>Batman by far and away the number one seller this week. People did like the 3D cover. Harley Quinn 18 was robbed out of being in the top ten. I sadly am unable to sell a comic when I am badly shorted on it. Guardians of the Galaxy Dream 1 was a complete flop here in store. The movie is not giving it or the characters any boost this time. DC made up a majority of the top ten with Marvel taking two spots with Captain America Steve Rogers and Venom.

—–

>Batman #21 was our top seller this week, which isn’t at all surprising. We just don’t live in a world where a Batman/Watchmen crossover isn’t going to be a big deal. (And honestly, that lenticular variant cover was really pretty great.) What is a little surprising is that Sex Criminals #18 and Monstress #11, which tied for second place, were not far behind at all. Both titles always do well at our store, but it’s still nice to see two Image titles, especially two that couldn’t be more different from each other, can hold their own against Batman and Watchmen. Marvel’s new Secret Empire #0 and Nick Fury #1 also showed up a bit lower down the list.

—-

>Redneck takes the #1 spot, bringing in our biggest grouping of demographics since My little pony. Batman comes in a strong second. Overall Independents ruled the week , with almost every title selling out. World World Hulk took the #1 spot for back issues sales. the big surprise was Plastic with was a Huge success.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/23/bleeding-cool-bestseller-list-23rd-april-2017-batman-superman-beat-secret-empire-redneck-monstress-rocket-chart/
>>
>>91791920
>Didio_hope.jpg
>>
File: K Perkins.jpg (31KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
K Perkins.jpg
31KB, 512x512px
>>91792062
The one written by a hot lesbian who also did a fun Supergirl storyline.
>>
>>91792067
So, True Blood?
>>
just you wait you'll be making yours marvel soon enough!
>>
>>91792218
Sorta.
>>
>>91792070
>Hardly anyone bought Nick Fury, and Royals has already died. With another $10 book on the horizon, everyone is jumping off Deadpool.
Wait. They are making another $10 comic of Deadpool?
>>
File: didio hope.jpg (61KB, 463x450px) Image search: [Google]
didio hope.jpg
61KB, 463x450px
>>91791920
>>1. Batman #21
>>2. All Star Batman #9
>>3. Superman #21
>>5. Justice League #19
>>7. Super Sons #3
>>8. Nightwing #19
This way to excellence.
>>
>>91791945
>Happy also to see Super Sons is maintaining its base, as it’s a really well-done book
=3

Great news!
>>
Image is pushing Donny Cates a lot, huh? First God Country and now Redneck.
>>
Great to see Image do well too!
>>
>>91792067
How is it?
>>
File: 1477328097576.jpg (30KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
1477328097576.jpg
30KB, 300x351px
>>91791983
>thirteen titles in the Top 20
>>
>>91792070
>With another $10 book on the horizon, everyone is jumping off Deadpool.
'course they are, just like last time.
>>
>>91792365
Image doesn't push shit though. Image is basically just a curated avenue for self publishing.
>>
>>91792492
Then I wonder where did this interest in Cates come from? Paybacks, maybe?
>>
>>91791979
>>6. Redneck #1
>What's this?

deep south vampires by Donny Cates who apparently is the new comics wunderkind
>>
>>91792527

well God Country is great.
>>
>>91791920
>7. Super Sons #3
>10. Captain America: Steve Rogers #16

A book with Robin and Superboy as the main characters, two B listers at best outsold Marvel's A-lister who is getting his own event.

Marvel just getting smacked around.
>>
>>91792565
not really
>>
>>91792070
Royals is already dieing,even Ewing can't make people like inhumans
>>
>>91792101
>Harley Quinn 18 was robbed out of being in the top ten

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 720x344px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 720x344px
>>91792326
Enjoy it while you can
>>
>>91792662
Ewing is liked on /co/, but his sales have always been shit.
>>
>>91791920
>a literally what at #6 and a weaboo wankfest at #9 both outsell Cap
Well, at least his movies are doing good.
>>
File: eiEhPA9.gif (4MB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
eiEhPA9.gif
4MB, 298x224px
>>91792751
>Lemire leaving
>Waid leaving
>Aaron leaving
Best writer at Marvel is Bendis

>Expecting to outsell the powerhouse writers down at D.C.
>>
>>91792751

Because it worked so well the last 8 times Marvel did it the past 5 years.
>>
>>91792816
>Best writer at Marvel is Bendis
yeah if you don't count Ewing, Loveness, and Perez
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 303x166px
>>91792751
>>
>>91792816
>>Lemire leaving
>>Waid leaving
>>Aaron leaving
What?
>>
File: cool-story-bro.jpg (84KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
cool-story-bro.jpg
84KB, 500x499px
>>91791920
>Beyond polite
Translation from dronespeak: " .:crickets:. "
>>
>>91791983
>They’ve found the perfect balance between quality and quantity by not flooding the market with as much as they can just to see what sticks
Marvel BTFO
>>
>>91792909
>>Lemire leaving
Wants to go write about the struggles of white guilt and write about the first nations people
>>Waid leaving
In talks to write for D.C.
>>Aaron leaving
Ditching Dr. Strange, Male Thor coming back for the movies
>>
>>91791920
Do I even want to know what the WGA is?
>>
>>91793057
so Aaron's not leaving, he's just leaving one book
>>
>>91793057
Sauce pls? I wish Lemire was back at DC. Fuck Waid
>>
>>91793078
Writer's Guild of America
>>
>>91793078
Probably Writers Guild Association
>>
>>91793078
It's nothing bad. Writer's Guild of America, TV people. Another labor dispute going on.
>>
>>91792527
Good word of mouth.
>>
File: making theology great again.jpg (220KB, 1199x761px) Image search: [Google]
making theology great again.jpg
220KB, 1199x761px
>>91792565
>well God Country is great.
Can confirm. (Paybacks was pretty cool too.)
>>
>>91793110
>>91793112
>>91793139
Ah, OK. Thanks.
>>
>>91793103
>Lemire
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/06/jeff-lemire-quits-marvel/
>Waid
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/mark-waid-in-talks-with-dc-1871542/#7
>>91793083
Oh my bad. I honestly thought he was leaving both thor and Dr Strange
>>
>>91793197
This looks like fun.
>>
>>91793234
Aaron's already confirmed to be writing Legacy
>>
>>91792245
>Wait. They are making another $10 comic of Deadpool?

Yeah, in May.

DEADPOOL #30
GERRY DUGGAN (W) • MIKE HAWTHORNE (A/C)
SECRET COMICS VARIANT COVER BY SCOTT KOBLISH
VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
VARIANT COVER BY DAVID NAKAYAMA
VARIANT COVER BY TBA
DEADPOOL GOES TO SPACE!
• Things aren’t great in Deadpool’s life recently, but he thinks he might know a solution…one found in the inky blackness of deepest, darkest outer space!
• Man, when Deadpool gets away from it all, he doesn’t fool around!
• This issue features ONE MASSIVE 80-PAGE STORY by Gerry Duggan and Mike Hawthorne taking Deadpool to the edge of the Marvel Cosmos and back! It’s practically an OGN! WE MUST BE OUT OF OUR MINDS!
96 PGS./Parental Advisory …$9.99
>>
>>91793234
>jeff-lemire-quits-marvel/
I hope DC lets him in the Kamandi Challenge.
>mark-waid-in-talks-with-dc
Did he apologize to them yet?
>>
>>91793282
And they've also announced that they'll be reprinting the issue as a $15 TPB.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/13/marvel-reprint-9-99-deadpool-30-15-tpb/
>>
>>91793290
he's focusing on creator owned stuff now, like Brubaker and others. His new OGN just came out.
>>
>>91792816
>>Lemire leaving
Most of his Marble work was hot garbage (Hawkeye was so bad it actually made me angry; his x-men stuff was just relentlessly mediocre).
>>Waid leaving
His Daredevil was great; his Black Widow ... had nice artwork. His Avengers ... also has nice artwork. Champions ... Jesus wept.
>>Aaron leaving
Original Sin was hot garbage and everything that came after was weak sauce. Doctor Strange ... had nice artwork.

>Bendis
Uncle Fester and Slott won't leave of their own free will. They'll need to be exorcised. (I mean that literally: threaten those two fat fucks with a Personal Trainer like they do the DChads and watch them waddle away in horror!)
>>
>>91793282
>WE MUST BE OUT OF OUR MINDS!
Yes, Marvel. You are.

>>91793317
That's good too.
>>
>>91793290
Nope. Cuck Johns is bringing in all his buttbudies. Waid still sees himself in the right.
>>
>>91793309

they're adding one extra issue to it.
>>
Was there a digital sales thread this week?
>>
>>91793627
they literally had dinner together that one time and got everyone hyped.
>>
>>91793057
>>Waid leaving to DC
YEAH NO FUCKING WAY
>>
>>91793234
>Waid in talks with DC

No fuck him
He's Byrne levels of irredeemable at this point and I don't want his cuckery infecting the master universe
>>
>>91793234
why would DC want him
>>
>>91792410
Quite good, the vampires arent tye bas guys and they feed on cow blood, things get nasty when a vampire accidentally break the peace treaty between their family and the town priest family
>>
>>91793290
Kamandi Challenge writers/artists were already announced like a year ago. Someone would have to be bumped
>>
>>91793696
That thread's made Monday or Tuesday.
>>
>>91792597
Captain America has always been B-list as far as comic sales go. Although, yeah, this event isn't really giving it a boost compared to the last Steve Rogers run.
>>
>>91792597
> B listers at best outsold Marvel's A-lister

lol. You're underestimating how big of a name Robin is
>>
>>91793282

What kind of scum do you have to be to make a $10 be part of the main run? I hope sales drop below 20k
>>
>>91794576
They saw that the $9.99 Spiderman issue sold boatloads (#1 for the month), and have made decisions based on that
>>
>>91794576
Say what you about Marvel or DC, it's very clear who cares about their readers.
>>
>>91794289
>irredeemable
Heh.
>>
File: smug_batgod.png (345KB, 576x592px) Image search: [Google]
smug_batgod.png
345KB, 576x592px
One small thing, first.

I like Harley getting bitchlapped, because DC has been pushing her too much lately, but this is the Dini issues, I wanted those to do well, so we can have more dini harley and less nu 52 harley.

And to the main thing.

There's something amusing about batman hilariously dominating everything.

It's like when Saitama shows up in an one punch episode. Or when the T-Rex came for help in Jurassic World.
>Comics? You know who's turf this is? You know who runs this shit? The caped motherfucking crusader, BITCH.
>>
File: holla.png (277KB, 616x422px) Image search: [Google]
holla.png
277KB, 616x422px
>>91794289
>irredeemable
>>
>>91794674
>I wanted those to do well, so we can have more dini harley and less nu 52 harley.
I see harleyfags are still old cucks.
>>
>>91793337
I don't know what happened with Lemire and Soule at Marvel. When they were at DC, they did some good stuff (it wasn't all great, but Soule's Swamp Thing is Swampy's finest run in many years). Then they went to Marvel and turned out stuff that ranged from terrible to mediocre.

>>91794576
The $10 issues sell larger numbers than standard issues. It's probably because they're done-in-one stories, but rather than make the normal issues done-in-one, they just make more $10 issues.
>>
>>91794313
So Day Men?
>>
File: oh,_but_he_does.jpg (145KB, 711x467px) Image search: [Google]
oh,_but_he_does.jpg
145KB, 711x467px
>>91794701
I haven't touched nuharley because I hate her, but she spills on other stuff, like the jlss event.

I hoped this would give us a chance for more old harley stories.

Was it too much?
Were my hopes too demanding?
>>
>>91794773
>I just want my waifu to abandon me for Joker! Again!
Pure cuckery.
>>
>>91794763
Mah nigga.
>>
File: nothing,_I_say.NOTHING.jpg (23KB, 572x321px) Image search: [Google]
nothing,_I_say.NOTHING.jpg
23KB, 572x321px
>>91794830
I don't waifu Harley you projecting moron.

People are capable to enjoy one version of a female character and not another one without waifuing being involved.

Sheesh.
>>
>>91794674
Sacrifices must be made, anon. I'm sure that if DC sees that even with Dini Harley can't sell then they will do something drastic that could benefit the character in the end
>>
>>91794917
Too late, cuck. I can see your horns from here.
>>
File: me_too.jpg (31KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
me_too.jpg
31KB, 500x382px
>>91794951
But you don't see.

You don't see at all!

Harley in general has been selling well.

What do you think DC will think if Harley sells in general well, but sells worse when they publish dini!Harley?
They'll go full nuHarley!
>>
File: Captain Marvel v2 01.jpg (64KB, 606x391px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Marvel v2 01.jpg
64KB, 606x391px
>>91795019
Fucking time. Why won't it stop?
>>
>>91792662
The artist he got didn't even help.

Thaty said Ewing always sells pretty badly, Marvel needs to give him an event.
>>
>>91794995
You're being obtuse.
I had a big rant in the last harley thread yesterday about what my issue with current Harley is. It has nothing to do with waifuism.
>>
>>91795019
Mate, the Harley solo have been selling poorly for a long time, currently it at th 44k units, that's why they brought Dini on board, to see if his name could boost sales.
>>
>>91795066
>I had a big rant in the last harley thread yesterday about what my issue with current Harley is
So the cuck is also an autist. Oh boy.
>>
File: 1321431430909.jpg (34KB, 407x402px) Image search: [Google]
1321431430909.jpg
34KB, 407x402px
Can't wait to see the numbers this month and see all the articles how SE is tanking. Then the insuing Nick Spencer twitter meltdown.

Who will he blame next? DC again? Trump?
>>
>>91795063
Art problems are twofold: Jonboy's style doesn't really seem to work well with the Inhumans, and the second issue already had really bad fill-in pages
>>
File: it_was_the_raven.jpg (66KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
it_was_the_raven.jpg
66KB, 500x456px
>>91795092
Oh.
I recall in one sales thread harley being cited as doing great, even topping batman.

That's good news then.
Let her die.
>>
>>91795152
the fill-in was because Jonboy is slow. It should be fine moving forward since it'll be monthly
>>
>>91795092
>currently it at th 44k units
That's not bad for Harley DESU.
>>
>>91795165
>wanting a famous DC character dead
So the cuck is actually a DC hater. Good to know. DC doesn't need autistic cucks in its fanbase.
>>
>>91795122
he'll probably go off on a rant about how DC's marketing gimmick is a soulless hackjob, not like his marketing gimmick

maybe toss in some bizarre complaint about returnability again
>>
>>91795092
Jesus, selling poorly at 43,000 units still puts her above Captain America, Avengers, both Iron Mans, Doctor Strange, Aphra/Poe Dameron, Titans, and Teen Titans.

The market is in a weird place these days
>>
>>91795122
Secret Empire 0 is, sadly, Lootcrated. We'll have to wait for the awfully hilarious truth in later issues or commentary about how well Secret Empire is selling from retailers.
>>
>>91795092
>the Harley solo have been selling poorly for a long time, currently it at th 44k units

That isn't poorly for the current market. That's still #39th place in the sales chart. I fucking hate Harley but it's hilarious that you want to project the image that shes failing hard

>>91795165

That was her first issue and it had a massive variant push. That was fucking years ago
>>
>>91795165
That was her #1 issue that had 76'0966'0 variants

>>91795207
>>91795251
>>91795257

I don't know, Harley isn't a character that should be at the 44k range, and I mean that in the sense of populairy, she's popular enough that should be in the 50-60k range, not 44k
>>
>>91795251

Half of Marvels line is hovering just above or just below 20k
>>
>>91795257
>>91795214
>>
>>91795283
>I don't know, Harley isn't a character that should be at the 44k range

Why not, faggot? Why are you holding Harley to a higher standard than heroes in the MCU?
>>
File: shitposting_like_a_pro.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shitposting_like_a_pro.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>91795214
>>91795093
>>91794995
>>91794830
>>
>>91795318
Because waifuism, anon.
>>
>>91795318
I already said because she's popular, she's at the peak of her popularity and that means that selling below the 50k range is selling poorly. I am not putting Harley in a pedastal or higher standard
>>
File: sb13.jpg (33KB, 169x396px) Image search: [Google]
sb13.jpg
33KB, 169x396px
>>91795359
>the autistic cuck is also a weeaboo
You're too much.
>>
>>91795379
>I am not putting Harley in a pedestal or higher standard
No backpedaling. It's too late for that.
>>
>>91795379
You clearly are, you gigantic faggot.
>>
File: 1492371557611.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1492371557611.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>91795234
He's already self conciously tweeting how his panel has a full crowd because apparently people were trolling him saying there's noone showing up to his panel
>>91795252
>Lootcrated
Damnit, we'll have to wait a bit longer till it tanks fucking gimmicks.

I want to see this tank so badly lol
>>
>>91795283
>>91795379

Bro, in the March numbers, only the top 24 titles were in the greater than 50K range.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017/2017-03.html

Batman, Justice League, Star Wars, #1's, and Superman
>>
>>91795425
>>91795431
When? How?. You retarded faggots. If you can't accept that Harley is popular then that's your problem, not mine
>>
>>91795379
>I already said because she's popular, she's at the peak of her popularity and that means that selling below the 50k range is selling poorly.

You can apply this to ANY of the MCU heroes right now. The mental gymnastics here are mind boggling
>>
>>91795379
Look at Spooderman he's the most popular merchandising character.

He doesn't get Batman numbers.
>>
>>91795471

Oh no we know Harley is popular. You just have a retarded grasp on the current market.
>>
>>91795487
And who the fuck is talking about Marvel?. I'm talking in the context of DC itself, I never brought Marvel into the argument

>>91795522
>>91795523

Point taken
>>
>>91795522

Let's compare February's ASM numbers to Harley's (Because March had that $10 issue) and see what we get

Amazing Spider-Man 24 61,953
Harley Quinn 13 45,400

So Spider-Man, fucking SPIDER-MAN was only able to sell 16553 more copies than Harley and that retard wants you all to think shes failing. I would just stop responding to him
>>
>>91795574
keep in mind that even Amazing Spider-Man was going to slip into the 50ks before the $10 issue, sales are absolutely dire across the board right now
>>
>>91795679
I got ninja'd >>91795641

But yeah, you can't overreact here.
>>
>>91793057
>Waid in talks to DC.
I call bullshit on that one, he manbabied the fuck out of DC last year and burned his bridges by what I heard.
>Champions is doing so badly that Waid wants to get back with DC.
I want this to be true and I hope he learned his lesson.
>>
>>91795777
He's still friends with Johns and Johns is in charge of Rebirth.
>>
>>91795777
He and Johns both tweeted about eating dinner together a few months ago, but there hasn't been anything else.
>>
>>91795821
Fair point. Still, I think this'll be a good lesson in brevity for the dude. Then again, I really don't doubt that Marvel writers are just spoonfed the shill reviews that Marvel pays for.
>>
>>91794758
There's a reason why your writing is better at DC than Marvel.
>>
>>91792751
Sureeee
>>
>>91796175
Actual Editorial staff?
>>
>>91796275
That would explain Green Lanterns and Detective Comics for sure.
>>
>>91795879
One of the reddit mods (the deadman guy who ia autistic about image limits) says that he saw Waid at a recent con, and that he seemed interested in writing something for DC (maybe Captain Marvel?).

I don't know if people would actually be interested in that
>>
>>91796275
Correct and possibly a greater affinity for their characters. That was certainly the case for Lemire.
>>
>>91796319
Another one of Marvels top writers gone, although he didn't do much good at Marvel.

But still, they want to reboot with garbage writers. But DESU I'd kill for a Gabby Rivera to be put on multiple books. Because those books are ironically funny.
>>
>>91796319
That would really suck. Last thing we need is Waid on another kid book (however old Billy is, I got in with Power of Shazam so I don't want him a literal child again).
>>
>>91796452
anon no

one new Storytime of Pain is enough
>>
>>91796319
https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/62r29v/news_mark_waid_in_talks_to_return_to_dc_comics/

>Figured I'd share this firsthand before I forget.

>I'm doing WonderCon this weekend. Went to Mark Waid's Q&A panel. I asked him, since Rebirth saw DC extending olive branches to folks like Rucka, if he'd been in contact with them since Rebirth. He said he has been in talks, but they haven't found the right project for him yet, but he'd be surprised if something doesn't go down "before the end of the decade".
Some additional details: He would not be leaving his work at Marvel to do this. He's said that with as much as he has on his plate, he wants his return to DC to be something big. No names were named, no details given, but he did express a general desire to do Captain Marvel, returning to the Golden Age standard of Billy and Captain Marvel being two separate people that trade places (again, this was not hinted as being in development, just him saying a thing he'd like to do).
>>
>>91796495
There's something for everyone and America is too funny ironically for me to pass up.
>>
i'll be pissed if the give Legion of Superheroes to Waid
>>
>>91796506
>returning to the Golden Age standard of Billy and Captain Marvel being two separate people that trade places

Unless it's Earth One, into the trash it goes
>>
>>91796616
That baby already as a father, don't worry anon.

>>91796626
am I the only one that likes New52 Captain Marvel?
>>
>>91796649
no, Curse of Shazam is pretty well-liked around these parts
>>
File: why is waid like this.jpg (266KB, 1024x1578px) Image search: [Google]
why is waid like this.jpg
266KB, 1024x1578px
>>91796616
Rebirth would be a failure if they did it again
>>
>>91796649
>That baby already as a father, don't worry anon.
do we know who it is
>>
>>91796704
Have you bowed to your King today anon?
>>
>>91792062
The last issue of Superwoman was decent.
>>
>>91796770
yes
>>
>>91796649
>am I the only one that likes New52 Captain Marvel?

I didn't hate it like some did, but ehh. He was still a good kid obviously but I didn't like that his life experiences had hardened him some. I really did want more of the Darkseid War powerset with him though.

But I do prefer Billy to be older, early to mid teens, rather than prepubescent.
>>
>>91793282
Next step for marvel is monthly $30 dollar anthologies after every one of their comics goes under cancellation numbers.
>>
>>91795359
>people still knew what memes were as recently as the Overlord anime
Truly sad.
>>
>>91796175
Because DC has editorial and writers who aren't actively trying to push some shitty hollow liberal agenda for virtue signaling. DC actually gives a shit about telling a good story and doesn't shit on the people who buy their comics. It also helps that the one sales/editorial director is some racist 20 something muslim girl.

Marvel's always been my prefered world, but I would never wish the shit on dc that marvel's got. I'm glad you guys have good comics still coming out, Joker and Harley ones not withstanding.
>>
>>91795122
Sadly Marvel probably pulled all their tricks to make it look like the best seller
>free overships
>incentive variants
>store exclusive variants
>lootcrate
>>
>>91796847
Now you made me sad... I wish but I was talking about Tom King
>>
>>91796275
Guaranteed work probably made them try less at Marvel too.
>>
>>91797726
>Because DC has editorial and writers who aren't actively trying to push some shitty hollow liberal agenda for virtue signaling.
Manapul and Hitch did try to do it, but they got slapped down by higher-ups who have the business sense not to follow Marvel down the hole.
>>
>>91798207
what? How did they try to do it?
>>
>>91792751
This! Based Bendis and Guggenheim!
>>
>Superman at #3
Is he back?
>>
>>91798249
Trinity #7's original solicitation
>“DIVIDED WE FALL” prelude! America is divided! And now a hero has fallen and it may split the country even more. Can Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman stand against riots while defending a bigoted enemy? Don’t miss the beginning of an epic adventure that will test the ideals of our three heroes!
But that became
>Darkness looms on the horizon as the unholy trinity of Ra’s al Ghul, Circe and Lex Luthor gather! The deadly and mystical Pandora pits are bubbling over, as Circe’s dark prophecy is foretold – but which side will Lex, the so-called “Superman of Metropolis,” fall on? And who will be able to stand in the way of the monstrous…COMPOSITE TRINITY?!
Then in Justice League 22 and 23
>“ONLY HUMAN” part one! Aliens live among us. Sometimes they’re refugees from war-torn planets. Sometimes they’re hidden. Sometimes they’re our world’s greatest heroes. But fear and prejudice threaten their lives when an anti-extra-terrestrial group closes the borders around Earth itself. What is the One Earth movement? And how can the Justice League exist when all aliens are outlaws?
>“ONLY HUMAN” part two! The One Earth movement spills first blood! Green Lanterns Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz are forbidden from using their power rings while Superman himself is imprisoned in an aliens-only gulag! A planet rages as Batman and the remaining Justice Leaguers race to unravel the conspiracy behind the One Earth movement before the world tears itself apart.
However issue 24 is
>“AFTERLIVES” part three! Our heroes’ mission into the afterlife goes horribly wrong when the Demons Three trap the Justice League in a hellish realm where they’re haunted and tortured by the ghosts of fallen heroes, dead villains and innocent civilians whose lives they failed to save.
I imagine they'll fix the first two eventually.
>>
>>91798095
I heard King is a big fan of Legion so it will probably be a good run
>>
>>91798411
I'm pretty sure manapul had some personal issues going on that forced him to step down for a few issues.
>>
>>91795882
The guy spent the last couple of years trashing DC every chance he got, if they really do hire him again they're the biggest cucks. The only lesson he learns is that some retards actually believe he is a living legend.
>>
>>91799455
Yeah, but they won't be revisiting that particular story. Rich said his DC sources specifically used the phrase "political fatigue."
>>
>>91791920
>Redneck in the top 10

Holy shit thats pretty awesome but how? Was it part of a lootcrate thing or something?
>>
File: 1487890788469.png (330KB, 1000x981px) Image search: [Google]
1487890788469.png
330KB, 1000x981px
>Everybody droning on with their console war bullshit
>I'm just happy Monstress is doing really well
>mfw
>>
>>91799516
Why would anyone look at DC badly if they brought Waid back? Waid is a massive DCFag and his twitter rants are all because he's a love scorned and will likely never write the characters he adores again. His fucking twitter image and avatar while working for Marvel is Superman and Flash. He would probably give a testicle for the chance to even get back through the door at DC and would openly grovel at everyone's feet if he got to work there again. You can say that Waid is past his prime and no longer a good pickup, but DC's holding all the cards here.
>>
>>91799619

It's not even that, the point is that everyone is already super pissed off about everything all the time and are literally fighting each other in the streets over politics, so comics should be offering us an escape, a few pages of bliss to take our minds off of how fucking divided we are right now.
>>
File: 1304591967347.png (15KB, 497x501px) Image search: [Google]
1304591967347.png
15KB, 497x501px
>>91796506
>Waid on Captain Marvel
>Captain Marvel Rebirth
>Captain Marvel, not Shazam

Blue rings on, lads
>>
>>91799659

Maybe but that doesn't matter to this list since this is what retailers are selling
>>
Is Flash #21 going to be lenticular as well? Those things sell like hotcakes regardless of what it's about according to the owner of my local store.
>>
>>91791979
It's a really good book and everyone should check it out. Premise is a family of vampires living in a redneck part of the country who have had a long standing issue with a family in the town for generations but neither is willing to throw the first punch. This book follows what happens when the first punch gets thrown and it's a fucking big punch.
>>
>>91792027
Image does get storytimed outside of invincible and walking dead sadly. I could storytimed it now if people want
>>
>>91800325
>Redneck
>About vampires in a redneck town
This is one of those things where you're pretty sure they came up with the title first and everything else afterwards
>>
File: 479955._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (573KB, 1280x1968px) Image search: [Google]
479955._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
573KB, 1280x1968px
>>91800235

No but they released the real cover for it.
>>
File: 97529720750725.gif (817KB, 400x644px) Image search: [Google]
97529720750725.gif
817KB, 400x644px
>>91800576

No wait it is lenticular. With this cover
>>
>>91800576
Can the flash issue coming up just be what happened to thawne for those couple seconds he wasn't in the bat cave before Barry showed up. Imagine if the button is written in a way that the whole 4 part story takes place in five minutes.
>>
>>91800651
That's a cool looking cover.

The fact that it's only 4 books and the story comes out in a month is a really smart move by DC. Especially considering that this will probably take all the eyes off secret empire.
>>
>>91793057
>Lemire stepping away from capeshit to write his own stories again
Good.
>>
>>91794313
>feed on cow blood
Fucking shitty cop-out premise
>>
>>91800651
>>91800576

I can't believe DC kept the Lenticular at $3.99. If this were Marvel it would be $4.99 at least
>>
File: 20170423_222113.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170423_222113.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>91800986
It's still a $1 price increase from the normal cost of this run of batman.
>>
>>91801312

So? You can get an issue without the lenticular for $2.99
>>
>>91801382
I assumed he was praising DC for keeping the lenticular version the same price as the normal version.
>>
>>91792662
Who cares about the "literally Hitlers" book? fuck the Inhumans
>>
>>91800325
>>91800479
Will the comic show the author's disdain for poor white people, or is that just a Nick Spencer thing?
>>
>>91796649
Curse of Marvel was okay but I'm totally fine with them Rebirthing it.
>>
>>91800369
If it's not too late I would love a storytime for this book. I'm a sucker for anything set in the south.
>>
>>91801822
So far no, I'll storytimed it later I'm just about to make myself lunch and then I'll do it so check back here in an hour or two.
>>
>>91801885
Refer to >>91802340 I'll do it in a little bit anon.
>>
>>91791920
Frankly, I'm impressed by Monstress' high placement... Good for Liu...
>>
Eh fuck it I'm storytiming redneck now if anyone's interested.
>>
>>91802500
>>91799685
Keep in mind though that this is a handful of retailers. But it's a pretty good sign for Monstress.
>>
>>91801422
>>91801312
No I think his point is that $3.99 would be the price of a regular monthly comic at DC (the $2.99 is for bi-weekly)
>>
>>91802599
Liu has just got to be sitting there and laughing her ass off at Marvel.
>>
Top selling new comics on Comixology this week:

https://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers

1. Batman #21
2. Superman #21
3. Secret Empire #0
4. Justice League #19
5. Trinity #8
6. All Star Batman #9
7. Super Sons #3
8. Invincible #135
9. Injustice 2 #2
10. Sex Criminals #18
>>
File: 43b85b5d26b3820928bfa1d2c8697541.jpg (171KB, 1080x1265px) Image search: [Google]
43b85b5d26b3820928bfa1d2c8697541.jpg
171KB, 1080x1265px
>>91802728
I'm happy at the fact that Supersons is still and probably will continue to be in the top 10. I was a bit worried because the drop was so significant from issue 1 to 2.
>>
>>91801885
>>91802534
Storytime of redneck is up for anyone who wants to see what all the fuss is about
>>
>>91802995
It's easily the best teen and young adult cape book out there right now. Best part is that they actually act their age.
>>
I want to believe that all of this is just a bad illusion caused by Mysterio and there's still a chance to break through it to reality and good comics. Seriously, somebody go see if Mysterio got a hold of the Reality Gem
>>
>>91802995

I'm betting it will settle around the 30k's. If it does we will have Supersons for years
>>
>>91803138
It's not better than New Super-Man

>>91803597
I would guess about this. Maybe a little lower judging by Supergirl and Damian's ongoing sales before, but probably a safe 25k or so book.
>>
>>91803597
>>91803777
25k and 30k are rather conservative predictions, no?

20k is canceling wise range right? So I think it'll do around 35k, it'll get a bump when the trades come out and there is a cross over with the TT. It'll also sell well in trades.
>>
>>91793234
Anybody think

Action Comic #1000 by Mark Waid is possible?
>>
>>91791920
>Superman in its 20s beat Secret Empire

Fucking lel
>>
>>91804227
>25k and 30k are rather conservative predictions, no?

No they're just accurate. That's the market these days.

>20k is canceling wise range right?

And that's outdated. Cancellation is closer to 15k and DC is more lenient in some cases.

35k seems too high going by most of the current books. The only real argument is that TT is around there, but the fringe Batbooks and Superbooks are in the 20ks (or lower).
>>
>>91804384
That's still a year away and I don't think they give the #1000 to one guy. What has Waid done to deserve it over a guy like Morrison or Johns?

He could write something for it but he would not be the only one.
>>
>>91804227
>25k and 30k are rather conservative predictions, no?

I prefer realistic. The current market isn't great. 15k is the new cancellation zone
>>
>>91804384

How do you even decide who writes such a landmark title? I could see Johns doing it just because of the clout he has.

If i were DC I would be in talks with Morrison
>>
File: Action_900_Legion_CPS_000.jpg (640KB, 1280x1986px) Image search: [Google]
Action_900_Legion_CPS_000.jpg
640KB, 1280x1986px
>>91804662
They got a bunch of different people for parts of #900 (also the Black Ring finale). I could see it happening again.

800 was just Kelly iirc but very touching with an origin recap.
>>
>>91804725

Well hopefully #1000 sells better than this. I can't believe it only did 60k
>>
>>91804478
>No they're just accurate. That's the market these days.
>>91804637
>I prefer realistic. The current market isn't great. 15k is the new cancellation zone

That sucks, maybe I'm just too optimistic. >>91804478 is probably right. I was just looking at Champions as a comparable. Which last I checked was hovering around 35k
>>
>>91791979
>>6. Redneck #1
>What's this?
>>91802575
>>
>>91805121
It's probably a similar audience, but I don't know if anyone reaches across the aisle like that. And Waid has more clout than Tomasi, stuff like that does play into the final numbers. We will see though. Always good to overperform if that ends up happening.
>>
>>91792062
Last venom run sucks, even Eddie (already ruined by bad writing) can't save it
>>
>>91792751
>Enjoy it while you can
I'm enjoying your delusion
>>
>NOW online fans don't matter
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>91795821
So? He hates Didio. As long as he's there he's never going back.
>>
>>91802680
Is there history between Liu and Marvel?
>>
>>91805201
Thanks for linking the Storytime I had never done a Storytime before and I didn't know how to link it on other threads.
>>
>>91805060
Well Superman and DC are in a much better place than they were back then, so I imagine it will if the momentum holds up.
>>
File: B U E N O.jpg (80KB, 580x350px) Image search: [Google]
B U E N O.jpg
80KB, 580x350px
>Haven't bought a comic since Flashpoint ended / Court of Owls
>Buy Batman #21 today with Secret Empire #0
>Somehow Batman's 20 pages beat Secret Empire hands down

Jesus Christ. Is all of Rebirth this good? Are there any good torrent links which have all of Rebirth? Definitely going to be buying the news ones from now on.
>>
>>91796506
He'd probably make Billy a little white boi who turns into a big black man.
>>
File: Damian and Alfred...and Jon.jpg (193KB, 1094x767px) Image search: [Google]
Damian and Alfred...and Jon.jpg
193KB, 1094x767px
>>91791920
>Super Sons that low

Why do people love Rebirth Justice League so much?
>>
File: wut.jpg (151KB, 362x450px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
151KB, 362x450px
>>91791920

The people who do not buy comic books that Marvel continues to pander to continue to not buy comic books.

Wow what a scoop.
>>
>>91806076
It's important to know that this is larger than just SJW pandering. That's just the last sheen on how Marvel has been acting for over a decade now. Secret Empire is the latest "annoying event where heroes fight each other meant to generate OUTRAGE and passion over the storyline" event. Except it's not working any more. Civil War 2 was a gigantic fucking dud and it doesn't look like Secret Empire's going to do much better.
>>
>>91806004
>Jesus Christ. Is all of Rebirth this good?
No, its pretty good on the whole but there a few stinkers like Superwoman. Then there are outright awful books like Batgirl and Harley Quinn.
>>
>>91806076
But those people aren't the audience for Secret Empire. They like Ms Marvel, not some Marvel 'event'.
>>
File: Batman #661 pg23.jpg (43KB, 349x485px) Image search: [Google]
Batman #661 pg23.jpg
43KB, 349x485px
>>91802728
>1. Batman #21
>2. Superman #21
>4. Justice League #19
>5. Trinity #8
>6. All Star Batman #9
>7. Super Sons #3
>9. Injustice 2 #2
Good morning again.
>>
>>91806004
Batman, Superman, Green Arrow and Wonder Woman, and Flash are the standouts (art on Flash is hit or miss though).
Your mileage may vary with the rest, but they're pretty good overall (Supersons is showing promise)

Justice League, Superwoman, Batgirl and Harley Quinn are to be avoided, they're pretty bad
>>
>>91805060
I'm curious what DC has planned for #1000, should be coming early 2018 if they keep it bi-monthly
>>
>>91806199
Probably multiple Superman writers over the years writing small stories.
>>
>>91806184
Justice League isn't bad as much as it's an incredibly bland version of Morrison's League Concepts with John's JL Roster.
>>
>>91805392

I think you mean Bob Harras.
>>
>>91791920
Wait, i thought secret empire 0 was just a reprint book of what lead up to it.?
>>
>>91806177
> if you live long enough, you live to see yourself become the hero
What did I mean by this
>>
>>91804384
I'm sure both Action and Tec 1000 will be a supersized issue with multiple writers and artists.
>>
>>91800794
Not to mention their Metal event starts right after this. DC might overshadow Marvel this whole summer.
>>
>>91800986
> If this were Marvel it would be $4.99 at least
You misspelled $10.
>>
>>91806243
>>91809123
Do you think we will see Morrison return to write a short story for batman and superman when they hit their respective 1000 issue if it's a compilation issue
>>
>>91791920
>Politically correct industry frets over gender pronouns.

>Has a book called rednecks.

These people deserve Trump.
>>
>>91791920
>It's DC everywhere
Holy Fuck, just fire Alonso and Scott Marvel.
>>
>>91791920
This is a surprise. Batman co-written by Geoff Johns with art by Fabok, Superman by Tomasi and Gleason, and Batman by Snyder and Jock, beats a second in a year company wide cross over by Nick 'muh Hillary' Spencer?
>>
>>91791945
>Missed Marvel so they grab Fantastic Four and X-men

top kek
>>
>>91791983
Yeah, Marvel shills in 5, 4,3,2, 1.....
>>
>>91801312
>Another Sale buyer

Muh lad, we are few of a kind I think. I've got the Sale covers bagged and kept safe. Treasures, those Tim Sale batmen. Absolute treasures.
>>
>>91803777
I love NSM but Super Sons is fucking leagues better.

Just cause Kenan was mean to a fat kid doesn't mean his book is automatically the best. It's a cool take on the character though.
>>
>>91806050
I think it's a marketing misfire
Super Sons sounds like something that should compete against the likes of Moon Girl
>>
>>91796649
>>91796702
>>91801843
I'd be fine if Curse of Shazam become the new canon as long as we had an Earth-5 Thunderworld Adventures ongoing alongside it
>>
>>91792816
Only Lemire is leaving. Why are making shit up?
>>
File: hahahahaha.jpg (172KB, 1528x422px) Image search: [Google]
hahahahaha.jpg
172KB, 1528x422px
>>91791920
How long until Spencer finally offs himself?
>>
File: alex de campi on nick spencer.jpg (232KB, 1499x867px) Image search: [Google]
alex de campi on nick spencer.jpg
232KB, 1499x867px
De Campi's prediction is coming true.
>>
>>91812659
Is this real?

>Checks

Holy crap it is. And I can totally see it being true. Especially since they want to do something for Legacy.
>>
>>91812629
Fucker still owes me more Bedlam. Then he's free to shuffle off this mortal coil however he sees fit.
>>
>>91812659
That's pretty screwed up but it explains things.
>>
>>91812659
Huh. I could see it. Although there are a few people like Bendis for whom I don't think that applies. But Spencer is a prick who has zero self control so I can see them throwing him under the bus.
>>
>>91812629
If Marvel cuts him he's finished. He's got nowhere to go.
>>
>>91815574
Pretty much, Nick Spencer just committed suicide. All because he tried to appease the SJWs, then had a few jabs at the SJWs and they all turned on him.

It's really a hilarious situation, no wonder Nick Spencer failed being a politician. He's too stupid to play both sides.
>>
>>91791920
Secret Empire 0 was the worst event comic i read since the later issues of the weekly Countdown.
>>
>>91815510
The thing about Bendis is that while he does some bad stories I've never seen him go batshit crazy online in the way Spencer or Slott do. He may make snarky comments or occasionally be an asshole but doesn't go into crazy debates like they do.
>>
Non DC Comics reader here, when did Superman become so big again
>>
File: 1492446610185.jpg (37KB, 655x655px) Image search: [Google]
1492446610185.jpg
37KB, 655x655px
>>91792751
>>
>>91812659
So one can assume that Nick Spencer isn't gonna be around too long?
>>
>>91815913
Good word of mouth, great stories, good writers.

Superman has become a must read.
>>
>>91815659
Every day he just digs his own grave further and further. Its sad but I can't look away. Like a train wreck in slow motion.
>>
>>91796616
Please, no.
>>
>>91816181
You think editorial will let him write a story like that?
>>
>>91792189
Is Jimenez gone?!

I might catch up then...the book under him had good ideas but the execution was shit.
>>
>>91816255
I think he would be allowed to write it as an Elseworlds. In theory as its own thing, a story where Kal-El landed in the city could be an interesting setup since it wouldn't really be low key. It shouldn't really be done for the reason Waid says since Clark living in Smallville doesn't preclude him from having non-white friends.
>>
>>91792189
>a fun Supergirl storyline.
That one where she has a pimple, bursts it, and floods the bathroom with pus?
>>
>>91816368
Her first issue came out last week.
>>
>>91816402
How many Superman origin stories should one person be allowed to write?

I think the ceiling should be one.
>>
>>91816368
He's gone. The new writer has at least 3 more issues left (10,11,12), until it is maybe cancelled. #12 is the last one solicited so far (July)

>>91816419
No, she wrote The Crucible, the last arc of N52 Supergirl. I think that's the story with Maxima lusting over Kara
>>
>>91816419
no
>>
>>91815913
Man of Steel believe or not gave him a big boost in the public eye. Tomasi and Gleason have done a good job writing the Clark-Jon relationship. Jurgens has done a good job with Lex and Lois. Overall it's been really good to meh at worst.
>>
>>91816255
If they're such cucks as to actually take him back sure. But I think he'll be on Shazam.
>>
>>91816502
Either him or Johns.
>>
File: Captain_Marvel_Kingdom_Come_001.jpg (191KB, 661x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Captain_Marvel_Kingdom_Come_001.jpg
191KB, 661x1024px
>>91816402
Yeah I agree, it shouldn't be done.

It would be interesting to see Waid write an in continuity superman story, IIRC he hasn't written one yet. But I currently like the team on both superman and action, so that'll be hard.

I would be interested in a Captain Marvel story from Waid.

Maybe, All-Star Shazam, with Waid and Alex Ross :O
>>
>>91816531
Johns already said he isn't writing it. And he doesn't want to write comics anymore, he just wants to be a consultant for tv/movie stuff and plot some stories that he passes on to other people.
>>
>>91816502
He won't come back.Even if we ignore his spectacular bridge burning variety show, he would never go back as long as Bob is still there.
>>
>>91816570
He already said he's in talks to do something at DC and he's buttbuddies with Johns and Geoffrey is running the show.
>>
>Monstress in the top 10
Oh god yes
>>
>>91816613
Who's the cuck then?
>>
>>91816630
DC.
>>
File: enlightment.jpg (61KB, 659x926px) Image search: [Google]
enlightment.jpg
61KB, 659x926px
>>91815913
You know when
>>
>>91816711
We should use better nails next time.
>>
>>91816471
>The Crucible, the last arc of N52 Supergirl. I think that's the story with Maxima lusting over Kara
It had Lupa's art too...
>>
>>91816501
>Man of Steel believe or not gave him a big boost in the public eye
I told you it was worth the effort, /co/.
>>
>>91816741

I know, it was great.
>>
>>91792816
>Waid leaving

But that's a good thing.
>>
>>91816711
(You).
>>
>>91793197
>God Country
Burned right through all 4 issues out already, this is really good.
>>
>>91815913
New 52 brought some new readers.

Then Man of Steel made enough people (mainly young) interested in the character.

And the current run has an excellent reputation and brought some old readers (the ones that abandoned when the New 52 started).

Now Superman is just behind Batman, Spider-Man and fights against Flash for the third spot.
>>
>>91815913
The book is pretty good
Movie hype
Iconic status never dies
Supes as a character is in a really good place right now. With a well directed solo movie I think he'll definitely cement it.
Thread posts: 294
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.