[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are Batman's thoughts on marijuana usage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: pot.jpg (75KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pot.jpg
75KB, 1024x1024px
What are Batman's thoughts on marijuana usage?
>>
>>91791211
It's illegal so he doesn't approve, but he probably prioritizes catching rapists and thieves.

If it becomes legal in his state he won't care.
>>
>>91791211
He's probably more concerned with the gangsters that sell it and how they use it to fund other crimes and violence. Wouldn't doubt that he's been used as an anti-drug mouthpiece by War on Drugs shills, but I don't think the actual character would care about teenagers getting stoned and eating shitloads of pizza bagels.
>>
>>91791352
Agreed. Imagine one of the Robins becoming a recreational user.
>>
Why is it that marijuana is the only thing potheads think about? You never see anyone come in asking what Batman's thoughts about public drunkenness is.
>>
>>91791398
It's hip to be a pothead.

If you walk around acting like an idiot while drunk, you're a jackass. But if you walk around acting like an idiot while high, you're cool.
>>
He probably doesn't care about the drug itself, but he'd probably be worried about the people dealing it as they tend to be engaged I'm more illegal activities related to gangs too.

Batman would probably be pro-legalisation as Gotham would be more chill if NJ legalised it
>>
>>91791456
When you're drunk you're more likely to act on your impulses and be loud and annoying, pot just calms you down, but you'll probably be annoying too
>>
>>91791211
I wouldnt be surprised if Batman ambushes teens out after dark, stealing their joints and stepping on it before telling them to stay in school
>>
>>91791456
>you're cool
maybe to high schoolers. Once you enter the real world, you're a burnout.
>>
Depends on the version of the character
>Millerbats
Wouldn't go out of his way to stop potheads but would gleefully take their drugs and paraphernalia and destroy it in front of them while taunting them if he happened to run accross them
>Morrison
Would be opposed to drug use as it's illegal but would never actually stop anyone from doing it besides violent drug dealers, saying something like "we have much bigger things to worry about"
>O'Neil
Would never even be brought up, maybe Batman would make an offhanded comment about how it slows the mind or something.
>Snyder
Batman has a mental breakdown after Robin smokes a joint.
>>
>>91791758
I would imagine that the Adam West Batman does that, which only speaks volumes about his ability to fight crime since he winds up being able to have the time to deal with piss ant crap like that.
>>
File: Weed - Shadow of the Bat 056-012.jpg (493KB, 1074x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Weed - Shadow of the Bat 056-012.jpg
493KB, 1074x1650px
>>91791398
I hate to be all "not ALL potheads", but I'll admit there are a lot of annoying ones. But in this case I think the question is fair, because it's one of degree - I assume Batman notices people stumbling drunkenly home from the bars in Gotham all the time, but as long as they're not driving or otherwise endangering themselves or others, I don't think he'd care... if anything, he'd be more worried about somebody sober robbing or killing THEM. But if he DID put somebody in the drunk tank, they'd probably be released the next day, with their bail paid and a phone number for a Wayne-funded AA analog.

But drug charges can really fuck up someone's life, so the question is really "Would Batman be okay with putting somebody in juvie or worse, Blackgate because he saw them smoking weed on their stoop?" I don't think he would. He didn't master the fucking martial arts for almost 20 years to beat up potheads.

>>91791352
>Wouldn't doubt that he's been used as an anti-drug mouthpiece by War on Drugs shills, but I don't think the actual character would care about teenagers getting stoned and eating shitloads of pizza bagels.
Alan Grant wrote a very D.A.R.E. story in Shadow of the Bat, about Floronic Man distributing uber-weed. Grant's an anarchist so, I assume the anti-weed rhetoric was intentionally ridiculous, but the only reason Batman gives a shit in-story is because its causing people to hallucinate and gangs are killing dealers over it.

And he basically responds to Tim asking him OP's question with "Well old chum, what do YOU think?"
>>
>>91791777
Being a burnout is an objectively measured thing, no one considers Michael Phelps, Ted Turner or Bill Gates burnouts even though they are adult users.
>>
>>91791877
Maaan, I'd be more ashamed if I was caught smoking by WestBats than if I was caught by my own dad.

Adam West the actor probably smokes the most bomb ass shit, being a 60s super-celebrity who's now a rich, aging Californian.
>>
File: A_Bat_Divided!.jpg (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
A_Bat_Divided!.jpg
133KB, 1920x1080px
>>91791211
Only acceptable when accompanied by nachos.
>>
>>91792113
Batman DOES NOT eat nachos!
>>
File: yKBpC02E2iiQg.gif (475KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
yKBpC02E2iiQg.gif
475KB, 500x437px
>>91792130
>>
File: nachos.jpg (62KB, 1371x769px) Image search: [Google]
nachos.jpg
62KB, 1371x769px
>>91792130
>>
>>91791398
Still bitter about those parties you didn't get invited to, huh?
>>
>>91791211
I think he has better things to do than track down and arrest potheads like going after human traffickers and serial killers
>>
>>91791986
Because they've accomplished things in their lives.

When you think of Michael Phelps you think of that athletic guy who is really fast at swimming who has fucked up teeth.

When you think of Bill Gates you think of the guy who created Microsoft.

They aren't stoners/potheads. The anon I was replying to said it was "hip to be a pothead". Micheal phelps and Bill gates aren't potheads.
>>
>>91792213
And Kite-Man.
>>
>>91792233
Hell Yeah
>>
>>91792224
Pretty sure Bill Gates was a stoner while developing microsoft
>>
>>91792224
>Michael Phelps
> not a pothead

Pick one
>>
The real question is: Does Batman follow federal marijuana laws or state marijuana laws?
>>
What Gotham villains probably smoke weed?

I can imagine Harley having a Joker-themed purple bong that she uses before her Joker-themed purple dildo.
>>
File: 1342749287890.jpg (43KB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
1342749287890.jpg
43KB, 1278x720px
>>91792130
>>
File: alfred batbong.jpg (104KB, 500x725px) Image search: [Google]
alfred batbong.jpg
104KB, 500x725px
>>91791211
>What are Batman's thoughts on marijuana usage?
Only sativa strains, and only on the weekends.
>>
>>91791299
He'll crack down hard on illegal distributors. If there's weed there's the cartels and he won't have that in gotham. Bruce would probably release batweed to combat them.
>>
>>91791211
Batman don't play that shit. He electrocuted, then decapitated the last sucka looking to spread cheap weed in Gotham City.
>>
>>91797361
>He'll crack down hard on illegal distributors. If there's weed there's the cartels and he won't have that in gotham.
My headcanon is that after so many years, Batman's driven all the major cartels out of Gotham - but people still wanna get high, so there's a booming business for DIY drug dealers, from guys growing weed in their closets to cooking meth in their bathroom. And a shit ton of designer drugs by guys like Dr. jackstraw or Poison Ivy to fund their operations.

>insert the plot of Half-Baked, only instead of Samson, they piss off the Joker by selling bags of purple nurple with his face on them
>>
>>91791211
the worst
>>
>>91791211

He won't actively stop it unless it's part of some greater crime ring. At most he'll lecture someone he was interrogating. But really Batman already knows all the shit about marijuana being bad is bullshit. He doesn't care.
>>
>>91797612
I thought you were joking, then I remember that's how
>>91791975
that arc actually ended.

In all fairness, Floro survived that.

I wonder, has anybody brought up that story to Grant in an interview or Q&A?
>>
>>91791870
It would be pretty fucking hypocritical of Morrison bats to be against weed considering all the hallucinogens he did to expand his mind in training.
>>
>>91791211
He literally doesn't care. This was a major plot point in the New 52 relaunch of Suicide Squad: Batman prioritized other stuff over drug rings so much that it pissed-off Black Spider into busting them until he got taken down for vigilantism.
>>
who cares
>>
The way I figure, it's probably not a high priority. If he sees a minor lighting one up, he'll probably spook him a bit and reprimand him for his usage.

I wanna see Batman reprimand kids more.

>that one comic where Plastic Man introduced Batman to his kid
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.