[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really want to get into the Garfield comics, but I have no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: garfield_cat.jpg (348KB, 712x643px) Image search: [Google]
garfield_cat.jpg
348KB, 712x643px
I really want to get into the Garfield comics, but I have no idea where to start and I don't think I have the patience to start from the very beginning.
What's a good place to start?
>>
File: 1488136682771.gif (43KB, 600x174px) Image search: [Google]
1488136682771.gif
43KB, 600x174px
>>
>>91790722
>What's a good place to start?

From the beginning, you gotta know the lore
>>
>>91790798
I did give it a shot but it's kind of a drag. How long does it take until Odie gets introduced?
>>
>>91790722
The thing about Garfield that changes it from most other comic strips is that it follows a chronological order and things that happen in previous strips follow over to the next one. My favorite example of this is the classic 1989 Oct 23-28th nightmare arch which has Garfield waking up in a post apocalyptic world. It shows how Garfield has evolved as a character and beautify sets up for several future events. There really is no jump-on points as each new strip is just as important as the last. It's all worth the read
>>
>>91790868
Odie is introduced within the first year of the series, being strip 51 just after the introduction of Lyman
>>
>>91790722
Honestly the very beginning was the best part of the run. Just read the first year and let it go after that.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 640x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 640x398px
had this book when I was a kid, probably not a bad place to start. I don't think I Odie had been introduced yet but I think it was a good time for the art style. I don't really like the way it has looked since this era as much, and it's a bit more pleasant looking than this period: >>91790788
>>
>>91791074
Oh, that's not so bad. I do wanna see the first time Garfield kicks Odie off the table, sort of as a milestone of the series.
What's /co/'s favorite year for the comic, by the way?
>>
>>91790868
Are you ADHD by any chance? Go through the comics one by one and you should get to Odie within 10 minutes. He appeared within like the first three months of the strip.
>>
>>91790788
>starting with the best Garfield strip
Way to ruin it for OP
>>
>>91791273
Like I said, I really did check out only a little bit and felt a bit intimidated by the sheer mass of it. I didn't know Odie was introduced so early, I guess I figured he showed a bit further down the road since the movie made it seem that way.

>>91791298
I have seen that one and I really wanted to check out the who arc. Is the rest of it as strong?
>>
>>91791273
There was a lot of foreshadowing before his introduction though, which made his reveal all the more powerful

>>91791381
>Is the rest of it as strong?
Lyman's ultimate motive for inciting the Reverse-Impact Apocalypse was lame, but the final fight it really hype. I'd even say watch the Garfield & Friends adaptation because the OST is so great.
>>
File: 1978_paws_incorporated.jpg (187KB, 1254x706px) Image search: [Google]
1978_paws_incorporated.jpg
187KB, 1254x706px
>>91790788
How could there have been that copyright notice in his newspaper cut-out when Paws, Inc. was founded in 1981?
>>
File: IMG_0575.gif (2MB, 392x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0575.gif
2MB, 392x409px
Lasagna Cat
>>
>>91791708
Because it's a reprint taken from the website.
>>
File: Socks.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Socks.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>91790722
>>
>>91791745
No, he cut out the strip from the original in 1978
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.