[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of the Comedian?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

What do you think of the Comedian?
>>
He's a defeatist or fatalist or something. But has fun anyways.
>>
>>91788426

He was right
>>
his jokes suck
>>
>>91788426
>Is a rapist and a murderer
>live his young years happy with that
>someday he wakes up, he is almost 60, too old for this edgy things
>cries and get depressed, his only friend is the crazy man that was his arch-enemy.
>dies fucked and alone

Don't be edgy.
>>
>>91788540
>>91788540
Attempted rapist. Then he had consensual sex with her.
>>
File: latest.jpg (221KB, 506x683px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
221KB, 506x683px
Oh I love him /co/!

Especially when he hits the watermelon with a giant mallet
>>
>>91788562
>Attempted rapist. Then he had consensual sex with her.
women ammirite?
>>
>>91788493
he was, it's time to shit
>>
>>91788426
Probably one of the best written characters in fiction.

Everything he does in Watchmen has a purpose to his character, the characters around him, and the plot.

An added benefit is it's all very good.
>>
File: fozzy bear comedian.jpg (69KB, 389x488px) Image search: [Google]
fozzy bear comedian.jpg
69KB, 389x488px
>>91789066

It really is amazing how alive they made the character who gets killed on page one feel.

>>91788426

I really love Ozy's dissection of his personality at the end. And I think his character is a gripping exploration of someone who is disappointed in the lack of any kind of real, authentic judgement on his actions. He foils Rorschach well in this regard. Rorschach starts out as a good guy, sees the worst thing ever and loses hope of any concept of external, supernatural justice, so he decides to become his own brand of harsh justice.
The comedian also seems to have come to the conclusion that there is no external, authentic morality. But rather than try to correct this, like Kovacs, he comes to the conclusion that such an effort would be futile and objectively ridiculous. So he leans in. If the world is a fucked up place, be part of the fuckery, and you can live well and on your own terms. But it doesn't work. He thinks he's detached, and he thinks he's seem all of the horrors of man. And then Ozymandias shows him a whole literal new dimension of human horror. And by the time he dies he can no longer reject his suppressed sense of a great wrong being done.
>>
>>91788426
Wonder if he'll be the third Joker
>>
Intelligent, nihilistic, wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>91789592
>If the world is a fucked up place, be part of the fuckery, and you can live well and on your own terms.

I don't think this is quite it. The Comedian isn't just out to get his slice of pie in a meaningless world, it's explicitly stated that rather he saw a cruel, meaningless world and decided to become a parody of it. That's the whole theme of his character: a good comedian's jokes make you realize something, the whole world is a joke, etc. etc.

My take is the Comedian thinks the world fucking sucks and his entire schtick is him trying to express that. In order to express that he decided to magnify the flaws of the world through his own character, in order to "parody" the world. In reality the Comedian hates the world and the state of things, as evidenced in his talk with Dr. Manhattan in Vietnam.
>>
>>91790452

All true, I completely agree with what you said about him becoming a parody of the world.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.