[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the Doom Patrol keep trusting this lunatic? How many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Chief_Niles_Caulder.png (337KB, 421x570px) Image search: [Google]
Chief_Niles_Caulder.png
337KB, 421x570px
Why does the Doom Patrol keep trusting this lunatic? How many times has he done unconscionable things to them, only for the team to get over it and continue working with him?
>>
>>91784656
You can ask the same about the X-Men and Professor X.

It's because they want to write more comics.
>>
>>91785232

When has Xavier done anything even remotely as bad as what the Chief has done on a routine basis? For Christ's sakes, Caulder is directly responsible for the hell that is the Doom Patrol's everyday lives.
>>
>>91785302
I guess the closest thing would be Brubaker's Deadly Genesis bullshit, but that really doesn't compare to Caulder.
>>
>>91785302
Professor X sent an entire team of X-men (including one of Cyclops' brothers) to their deaths and then wiped out the fact that they ever existed from everyone's' minds.

He used to always manipulate peoples memories.

He faked his own death multiple times, which caused his students massive emotional distress.

He enslaved the Danger Room, which was sentient.
>>
Weird shit is going to find the members of the Doom Patrol. Best to have someone who can understand how to combat it on your side.
>>
>>91785531

Wait wait wait wait. The Danger Room is sentient? And it's been enslaved? What the fuck?
>>
>>91785635

Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. The DR has been running around as Danger, the fuck-a-bot.
>>
>>91785796

I don't like any of that. Literally. Any of it. That's...why would anyone? What is wrong with Joss Whedon? That's probably the most surprising thing about it. Like, the man's had some bad ideas, but that's straight up the sort of shit that Rob Liefeld would think was awesome. Or fucking Mark Millar.
>>
>>91784656
1) Stockholm syndrome, all DP people feel indebted to Niles
2) Niles has insane charisma and can talk them into almost anything
Combine the two and you can see how he gets away with everything, unless one of those breaks; he's basically an abusive parent
>>
>>91785928

>tfw you realize that Doom Patrol is about a family of deeply broken people, headed by an abusive monster, and how they learn to live with themselves and each other
>>
>>91785232
>You can ask the same about the X-Men and Professor X.
Esp. since Stan directly lifted the X-Men from DP
>>
>>91784656
They don't trust him. They just know he's a genius and feel too stupid to say no to him
>>
>>91785998
Wait...are you quoting something or are you just now realizing that's what they are?
>>
>>91786594

I am just now realizing that, yes.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.