[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the wait between Season 4 and 5 make the story of Jack better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 50 Years have passed.gif (513KB, 540x232px) Image search: [Google]
50 Years have passed.gif
513KB, 540x232px
Did the wait between Season 4 and 5 make the story of Jack better?
>>
>>91778978
No.
>>
>>91778978
Yes
>>
>>91778978
Maybe
>>
I dont know
>>
can you repeat the question?
>>
>>91778978
Samurai Jack is, always has been, and always will be garbage.
>>
>>91779106
contrarian shitposting should be bannable.
>>
>>91779106
You're not the boss of me now.
>>
>>91779121
Contrarian accusation shitposting should be bannable.
>>
>>91779212
prove it
>>
>>91779212
you're a contrarian since /co/ loves this show you autist. being against the status quo isn't an argument.
>>
>>91779221
I know you are, but what am I?
>>
>>91779244
Didn't realize you were all of /co/. My mistake. You speak for everyone.

But just cause you like it, doesn't make it not shit.
>>
>>91779279
the show is widely liked by /co/ you newfag, the hype and approval should have been obvious. explain why it's shit rather than being against it for it's popularity,
>>
>>91778978
No it's the same old Genndy, now equipped with more options thanks to Adult Swim policy for adults.
>>
>>91779448
>same old

That's why I can't get into it. It had the chance to fix a lot of things from the original show (art style, sound effects) but just kept it identical while deciding it needed blood and guts.
>>
>>91779353
The original series was faux-story driven. Aside from the first episode which set the stage, every other episode was a "filler" episode. The only thing that gave it continuity were occasional repeat characters like the scotsman. I can think of maybe 3 episodes that were memorable because they weren't "Jack walks into a strange new place, helps some people, and continues on his wandering to find Aku". It was basically watered down Lone Wolf and Cub without the payoff of an actual ending because they milked it dry and let it get cancelled. This rivival to give it an ending is just to milk the last drops out of the fandom.

And also the animation for action sequences were always choppy and stiff.
>>
>>91779454
The original show was heavier on guts (robot guts, mind you) than the new season though. S5 so far only has human blood and that's about it as far as gory violence is concerned.
>>
>>91778978
Not really.
>>
>>91779460
wtf I hate Samurai Jack now
>>
>>91779460
complaining about filler even though everything could be resolved within a couple episodes?comparison to a manga is misplaced because samurai jack like most cartoons aren't a drama with long, complicated stories, it's about the adventures where a overarching plot is there just as a reminder. this is the total opposite for manga/anime where story is prioritized. in other words, it's just another episodic cartoon where the destination not the journey is important. the reason why people like jack is because of it's well done action sequences, humor, and animation.
>>
>>91778978
Not the story, but it did make the hype better.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.