[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this seriously the worst cartoon ever made?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: famguytrap08.jpg (480KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
famguytrap08.jpg
480KB, 1920x1080px
Is this seriously the worst cartoon ever made?
>>
No that'd be The Cleveland Show
>>
>>91775842
That's not the Nutshack op
>>
>>91775842
Have you ever seen Mega Babies?
>>
>>91775842
It wasn't always.
But at this point... yeah kinda.
>>
>>91775924
IT'S
>>
>>91775842
That's not Samurai Jack.
>>
>>91775944
THE
>>
>>91775954
>expected bait/10
>>
So I hear through the grapevine that the writers hate Meg because they never originally planned to include her in the show, but that Fox suits forced them to.
>>
>>91775989
NUTSHACK
>>
>>91775989
MAN SHOW!
>>
>>91776166
Why would they do that?
>>
>>91775842
It's just always the most easily-digestable, lowest-hanging fruit possible. Its episodes are built entirely on creating the optimal number of times a character can say "THIS REMINDS ME OF THAT TIME"
>>
>>91776003
>He thinks season 5 is good.
LMAO kill yourself pleb.

Am I doing it right?
>>
>>91775842
No you dumb cuck, that's Rick and Morty
>>
>>91776396
Fuck off Dan. Your ironic shittalking isn't funny.
>>
>>91775941

At this point? It's actually not bad now. Been decent for a few years now.
>>
>>91775842
Family Guy pre-cancellation (seasons 1-3) were amazing.

Post-revival is absolute garbage though, i don't know if its the worst cartoon ever because i stopped watching years ago but it very well may be, especially with seth mcfarlane injecting so much libshit political views into it.
>>
>>91775842
>Is this seriously the worst cartoon ever made?
Get some actual knowledge on cartoons, boyo
>>
>>91776233
Either they thought a teenage sister would add additional marketability or they were just adamant on following the Simpsons format (three kids including female middle child) down with the Titanic.
>>
>>91776425
Don't make me rape you
>>
Any of those bootleg cartoons that you find at CVS and Rite Aid
>>
>>91775842

It is not even a leading candidate for that title.

"Family Guy" may be awful as a whole, but its first three seasons and a smattering of moments in every post-revival season make it slightly tolerable to digest. For all its faults, it is still remotely watchable.

For a cartoon to earn the title of "the worst ever made" (which is always going to be a subjective opinion anyway), it has to be completely unwatchable and contain no redeeming value whatsoever. In my experience, I have only ever seen one cartoon that has ever qualified for that title.

And that cartoon is "Stunt Dawgs".
>>
>>91775944
TIME
>>
>>91776524
But Meg is the oldest child.
>>
>>91775842
The cartoon that pisses its audience off the most? Yes! The cartoon that gets everything wrong and unintentionally makes you want to vomit? No!

Family Guy is a special kind of awful, in that it's competently made, but only to annoy and insult anyone who cares about it.
>>
>>91775954
Truth.
>>
>>91776468
>muh libs

There's honestly 100 worst things about FG than that, & I'm not even defending Seth putting his views in the show.
>>
>>91779303
worse*
>>
Seasons 1-3 are rather decent and i'm not just saying this to jump on a bandwagon
>>
>>91775922
>being this wrong
try again friend, that ain't Reddit and Memey
>>
>>91775842
No. It's a pile of shit, but it's just a pile of shit. It's not a nuclear abomination that needs to be removed ASAP before it turns sapient.

For stupid anons out there:
It's 3/10, not 1/10.
>>
>>91775842
Nope, Allen Gregory.
>>
>>91780823
2tru4me
>>
I always heard that the staff hated Meg because she was the hardest to animate/draw.

My takeaway from early FG was that unlike Pre-Zombie Simpsons, its goal was only focusing on delivering dumb jokes and lambasting the family sitcom as hard as possible by showing how stupid its tropes are. Simpsons lampooned the genre too, and was better about it but Simpsons always had more social commentary on top of this. Family guy, on paper, just wanted to make jokes about how sitcoms are fucking dumb with horrible stereotypes of the genre.

But even that's giving the show *alot* of undeserved credit. It stopped being about that and became dumb jokes, rape jokes, dumber jokes and whatever the biggest shock value content the writers would come up with and shock-value based entertainment is unsustainable. It's just a big pile of shit and people are going to be less stunned/horrified by a big pile of shit the more it tries to push itself onto you.
>>
no, its not from Canada
>>
>>91780823
How bad was Allen Gregory?
>>
>>91776166
It seems to me that most of the people who whine about writers hating Meg have been doing it for several years already while not watching the show and have no idea that at this point, the writers just don't give a shit about Meg and she's barely ever there to begin with.
>>
>>91775842
Every post-revival episode that isnt a Stewie and Brian episode is complete shit and even the Stewie and Brian episodes are just about watchable
>>
>>91775842
It may be dumb, retarded and have terrible humor and animation. But the worst?

That's debatable.
>>
>>91781020
Am episode was about the seven year old protagonist of the show trying to sollict and have sex with an elderly member of the school staff, a plight we're supposed to symphasize with.
>>
>>91781665
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>91775842
If we're willing to not count some fucking terrible amateur cartoons made by furfags then probably, though there's most likely some shit from the 80s/early 90s that was probably worse. Family Guy's only saving grace is that at one point before it was first canceled was that it was watchable before it turned into the mess it is now.
>>
>>91775842
Season 1-3 and the star wars parody were good.
The rest is garbage.
>>
>>91779349
it's the same shit
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.