[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

She is all the bad things that people accuse Damian Wayne of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

She is all the bad things that people accuse Damian Wayne of being, but without the good catalog that he has
>>
Kate is cute that all.
>>
>>91763521
Fraction's Hawkeye is better than any Batman comic since Denny O'Neil.
>>
>>Remember getting hate for shitting on her back during Fraction Hawkeye.
>>Now everyone hates her.
VINDICATED!
>>
>>91763521
Damian gets flack for being worst example of legacy mary sue
> blood related to batman and one of his enemies
> talented by nature/genetics
> trained by assassins then Batman
> mean at best of times, cruel at the worst
> frequently breaks code but is instantly forgiven- because his dad is batman

I think /co/ hates Damian because they want their dad to be Batman
>>
File: steal comics off the internet.png (79KB, 327x250px) Image search: [Google]
steal comics off the internet.png
79KB, 327x250px
>>91763521
I find Kate's complete inability to use computers endearing.
>>
>>91771692
To be honest, if your preferred pages vanish, you've not got a lot to go on. Pirate Bay? Google searches?
>>
>>91763521
I wouldn't mind her if her development didn't often come at the detriment of Clint. Like, how am I, someone who's favorite Avenger has been Hawkeye since he was 10, suppose to feel about Kate when he gets shit on, just so they can prop up THE REAL HAWKEYE?
>>
>>91770726
t. Kelly Sue
>>
>>91772019
I didn't read any of the Hawkeye series between Fraction's and the current one, but I feel like they do a pretty good job of showing that Kate isn't nearly as perfect or as clever as she thinks she is.
>>
>>91771692
That's when Kate is at her worst, too. At her best, she and Clint complement each other and balance out one another's flaws. Kate is at her most boring when writers take the "better Hawkeye" thing seriously. She's supposed to be talented but inexperienced and with a lot to learn, and it drives me fucking nuts when people act like she's legitimately more skilled than Clint.
>>
File: An4p3.jpg (592KB, 400x4064px) Image search: [Google]
An4p3.jpg
592KB, 400x4064px
>>91763521
Damian's an autistic genius, with a lot of hand to hand training.

Damian has as many flaws as he has strengths. He's brash, quick to anger, entitled, rude, he's emotionally irresponsible even for his age. I think Damian is more of a tragic character, one meant to be a Mary Sue but personally trying to be a better person. His mother is training him to be the perfect Mary Sue like Batman but Damian often rejects this path without even knowing it.

In many ways Damian is a critique of Batman, they were both trained by assassins to fill a certain hole, but both rejected that path and went their own ways. But unlike Batman, Damian kills, which is supposed to be the question of "what if batman killed his villains", the answer is: it makes things worse.

Not many writers can get Damian right, he's a difficult character to understand/write for. Which isn't uncommon for brilliant writers to write a character that others just can't write for. Look at Alan Moore's Watchmen, then look at before watchmen.

I think the only writers that have done Damian well are Tomasi and Morrison. The rest have just bungled it, to the point where writers like King won't touch the character.
>>
>>91771621
>mean at best of times, cruel at the worst
That's not a bad thing. Then again, this board is full of sensitive manbabies who need only "likable" characters.
>>
>>91776675
Christopher Priest wrote an 11/10 Damian
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.