[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do writers hate Gambit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: Newgambit.jpg (72KB, 325x560px) Image search: [Google]
Newgambit.jpg
72KB, 325x560px
Do writers hate Gambit?
>>
>>91757372
Fans hate Gambit.
>>
>>91757372
A lot do, but more are just uninterested in him. So he has become irrelevant unless someone wants to use him to support Rogue.
>>
>>91757372
I forgot Gambit existed. Damn, where is the ragin' Cajun?
>>
>>91757372
He was cool with x -23
>>
>tfw you're the only Gambit fan you know
>>
>>91757372
He's just popular enough to not kill off without causing a riot, but not popular enough to carry a series.
Meanwhile Rogue is the closest thing Marvel has to Wonder Woman, but has too much history with Gambit to just ignore.
They can't kill him and they can never truly free Rogue from him, and they hate him for that.
>>
>>91757372
Writers hates anything French.
>>
>>91757372
They didn't start out hating him, they probably would say they don't, after all - they chose to write about him when they didn't have to.
Characters that really are hated (Adam-X) are never seen or heard from again because nobody gives a fuck about them.
The problem is the zeitgeist.
( That's a fancy term just for what everyone thinks about and expects of something. )
And everyone has been slowly but surely convinced little by little that Gambit SHOULD be a complete sleazebag who deserves what's coming to him, all without any one writer deciding that this is where his story should end up.
It all started with an intentionally mysterious and dark unrevealed past designed to invite fan interest that was slowly built upon by various writers into something overwhelmingly evil and treacherous. And of course Gambit had to be characterized as untrustworthy enough to deserve this dark secret, so his behavior became more and more sleazy and traitorous over the years.
When he was first created he was just a thief and con-man.
Today he's a Horseman of Apocalypse, minion of Sinister, and I think leader of a guild of thieves or assassins or something...
And all without gaining an ounce of respectability.
None of that was planned.
>>
>>91757372
Gambit is the worst.
>>
File: no-sin-situation-gambit.jpg (40KB, 278x458px) Image search: [Google]
no-sin-situation-gambit.jpg
40KB, 278x458px
>>91757372
This is probably right
>>
>>91761549
He's going to be in a book that should be X-Force but is being called Astonishing X-Men instead.
>>
>>91757372
I FUCKING HATE GAMBIT
>>
> my mutant power is to generate playing cards with concussive force
> no, only playing cards
> yes, it's genetic
>>
File: p23_7 copy.jpg (284KB, 1000x1539px) Image search: [Google]
p23_7 copy.jpg
284KB, 1000x1539px
>>91761620
He was, have they interracted recently?
>>
>>91770717
Yes in all new Wolverine #17.
>>
File: jCaqXom.jpg (16KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
jCaqXom.jpg
16KB, 480x318px
>>91761737
>Meanwhile Rogue is the closest thing Marvel has to Wonder Woman
>>
>>91770660
That's not his power at all. He can charge anything with kinetic energy, he just keeps several decks of card on hand because they're easy to carry around and throw.
>>
>>91770836
>>91770660
Seems like he's limiting himself.

Why cant he charge the air around him, unleash explosions from the very air?

How about using martial arts? He could literally touch someone and go "You're already dead.", and they'd blow up.

The ability to charge matter with explosive energy seems INTENSE.
>>
>>91770965
I don't think he can charge gas, and the larger something is the longer it takes for him to charge it. Sometimes he can't charge organic substances either.
There's also the fact that he had a part of his brain cut out so that he wouldn't get too powerful.
>>
In the past 20 years I can only name ONE writer that can do him good, that is why.

He is a relic of the 90s. Take him out to the shed and let him go.
>>
>>91770965
He IS limiting himself. He uses cards because he can carry a ton of them and they lack the mass to hold a serious charge. Gambit generally isn't out to kill people.
>>
>>91770965
There is a horrible mini arc in which they fanwank him into being the most powerful mutant who ever lived in some alternate reality, and having some part of his brain removed so that it doesn't happen in 616.
Trust me, making Gambit a powerful mutant makes him even worse.
>>
File: spdjitH8_0611161600121gpadd.jpg (262KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
spdjitH8_0611161600121gpadd.jpg
262KB, 600x800px
>>91770760
how can Diana even compete
>>
File: beans.jpg (3MB, 1984x4824px) Image search: [Google]
beans.jpg
3MB, 1984x4824px
>>
Writers tend to think he is a loser relic of the 90s and don't care for him. He is one of the biggest cucks in all of comics too.
>constantly pine and chase after Rogue
>she can't touch you
>be a dumb idiot and make her and the X-Men hate and not trust you time and again
>save her over and over and show her you can be trusted
>finally work yourself back in her good graces and redeem yourself
>Rogue finally gets control over her powers with your help and can touch people
>expect her to take you back and love you again
>decide to confess your undying love to her
>she rejects you and literally goes into the tent next door and fucks Magneto
>the guy that tried to have you killed in the past
>go in the court to play basketball and sulk while they fuck each others brains out a few yards away
>this actually happened
>>
>>91757372
Dunno anon, how many "Mon cheri" is too many mon cheri per page? you tell me.
>>
>>91774994
>of the biggest cucks in all of comics too
and must be dumb or catholic. Just wear a fucking condom you idiot frog
>>
>>91774994
What was /co/'s reaction like back when that happened? Those threads had to have been hilarious.
>>
>>91775124
>thrust hips
>die
>>
>>91770717
Whos the artist?
Why is Gambit so hot in this?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.