[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You Are Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: thanos.jpg (646KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
thanos.jpg
646KB, 1600x1200px
Youve been hired by Marvel to restore the prestige of the brand in the comic book market place. You can only do 3 things. The only other rule is synergy is out the door. The new mandate is ignore the movies and tv to focus on being what the comics originally were, the source material for movies and tv. You can adopt what you think works best from other media but your primary goal is to tell the stories that will be adapted in to movies and tv in the years to come.
3 things.
Go.
>>
Me:
1- replace every editor that can not leave his or her politics at home, same for the writers and other creators. marvel will be about fantasy escapism again. No politics.
2- restore the FF and X-Men as central franchises.
3- Require every creator and editor to delete their social media.
>>
Fire Bendis and his SJW friends
Delete every legacy shit
Retcon almost everything post 2010 and OMD
>>
>>91746336
A hard reboot wouldnt be a bad idea or at least a New52 style one. Ive always believed you reach a point where you fuck with your characters so much they become nearly unsalvagable. Like james hudson, puck, sasquatch, northstar and aurora were fucked up by bill mantlo in the 80s. In that case they seem to just ignore all that but the entire marvel line has lost the public image battle. the brand is damaged and untrustworthy now.
>>
Another thing, I knowthe Bendis/Miller stuff has been a huge influence and we basically watch movies adapting their ideas and tone but I think the SHIELD-centric marvel era needs to end. Ever since Civil War, SHIELD has been the focus of authority in the universe. Its been years and years now and I liked it but its time for a change. SHIELD would be de-emphasized. It wouldnt pop up every where all the time.
>>
>>91746422
Look at All New All Different Marvel. Is basically a reboot. The shit is so away from what Marvel used to be. Just.. don't look like Marvel.
>>
>>91746232
go full anti sjw.

only white male protagonists and attractive female protagonists in skimpy costumes

fewer but longer running comic runs that tell one, long continues story where less famous superheroes regularly appear and help out.
It would work similar to a mangas with different arcs but always the same team working on it.
It would retail the origin story, plus some of the most famous, popular super hero stories and some new stuff as well.
>>
>>91746232
team book made up of those sidekicks everyone forgot about when the writer moved to another book. label in young avengers or new new warriors or whatever you want. none of them have enough popularity to support a solo, but throw them all together and keep it character driven enough and yoou'll get a lot of people coming for one character and staying for all of them
new elseworld spider-man book like spider-girl or USM. this will be my personal sin bin where I inject all my fetishes and OTP's and really pretentious crap.
hmm...gimme iron man. lets see if I can't whip up a respectable rogues gallery that's more than just interchangeable douchebags with their own generic power armor. and try to explore some ideas outside of 'bad people want tony's toys for themselves'
>>
The X-Men die, Inhumans now live in the Xavier Mansion in order to honor them.

Steve Rogers step aside because it is time for other heroes to take the leadership. He gives his shield to Carol Danvers.

Miles Morales and Mary Jane fall in love. Peter blesses them before he dies tragically.

Through time-travel, America Chavez discovers that Kate Bishop is time-displaced. She is, in fact, the REAL Hawkeye, the hero that inspired Clint Barton. Clint becomes Purple Arrow.

Unworthy Thor isn't worthy even of the name "Odinson". Jane Foster is adopted by Odin and take that name, too. Thor goes by "Hammer Man".
>>
>>91746232
>The new mandate is ignore the movies and tv
then what's the point!
>>
>>91746287
>marvel will be about fantasy escapism again. No politics.
t. casual
>>
>>91746232
>Fire everyone
>kill Carol
>sell Marvel to DC.
>>
File: forty keks.jpg (3KB, 125x110px) Image search: [Google]
forty keks.jpg
3KB, 125x110px
>>91746667
>Thor goes by "Hammer Man".
>>
>>91746667

Too obvious
>>
1. Switch writers: Bendis and Waid can only do solo books, give Fraction some title he can mess with that isn't high stakes, sell and kidney's necessary to bring Brian K Vaughan back and put him on a cosmic book. Also, maybe hire Claremont and have him do an X-book. (I know his later stuff wasn't popular with /co/, but I still think it was better than the X-men we've been getting lately.)
2. No wide scale events for two years minimum, Allow the books to have some self-contained arcs.
3. Do a better job scouting and developing talent. The last time Marvel really developed talent well was the early 2000's. Lately they've just been hiring fucking webcomic and Tumblr writers. Actually put the work in: pick up indie comic writers, and regular book writers, etc.
>>
>>91746620
>try to explore some ideas outside of 'bad people want tony's toys for themselves'
If only if only
>>
Return to the rotating teams of writers and artists on the main flagship titles: Amazing Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, Avengers Fantastic 4.

Open up the doors to the other companies and allow for a yearly crossover mini between agreed apon characters

Develop a cartoon in the spirit of Earth's Mightiest Heroes called something like The Marvel Universe which will focus on adapting storylines from actual comics in 1 to 3 25 minute episodes ranging from characters from all sides of the Marvel universe, perhaps told from The Watcher's point of view. During the credits of each episode show the pages from the comics that the episode was based on.
>>
>>91746232
1 - Make every employee be publicly respectful of fans. They can call them tards in private but if I catch them lying to and trolling fans on the internet, its their ass.

2 - No line wide events for five years. Crossovers are limited to two titles per story arc.

3 - Focus on the iconic characters. There are too many shitty titles right now and not enough money and talent make them work. If I want new characters, let them develop in titles like Spiderman or X-Men. If they are popular enough, give them a mini. If the mini sells gang busters, give them an ongoing.
>>
>>91746674
Whats the point? In reality the movies and tv adapt classic comic storylines and concepts. NONE of the current era which I call the cinematic era, and it started with the debut of the MCU, is going to be adapted into movies or tve. None of it. Why? Because the comics now try to capture the movie audience instead of fans of the comic book medium. They need to go back to being the source material and not the complimentary material to the MCU.
>>
Handwave whatever bullshit that's gone on the past few years. Everyone the old fans want to read about is back.

Streamline. Bestselling titles are now one bi-weekly book with a single artist covering a complete arc and rotating cast on team books. Solo titles may get funneled into Avengers Spotlight or Marvel Team-Up type book.

Events are limited to a single miniseries or better yet a single trade that comes out in a fifth week with any fallout picking up the next weeks books.

Pander-verse continues as an imprint like Marvel Knights but for SJWs.
>>
I want another alternate universe but NOT another Ultimate Marvel. Preferably with good writers and artists utilizing the B/C-Listers from 616 and giving them a chance to shine in another continuity.

Like Action Hank Pym is a renown scientist and explorer who leads the Micronauts on all sorts of excellent adventures in the sub-atomic realms. Or Sunfire is the commander of Earth Force; a UN-sanction corps of heroes from around the globe (Darkstar, Sasquatch, etc.) to deal with alien, magical, and extra-dimensional threats and they all pilot transformable vehicles that can combine into Red Ronin.
>>
>>91746287
I only have issue with #2. I think X-Men and Avengers could be two main tiers with sub-titles to each and start a third tier of titles to bring up to full power. Maybe focus it on Cosmic with FF as one of the premier titles of the Cosmic tier. Rebuild the FF love with space, science, and adventure.
>>
>>91748029
Bendis' Guardians stories and Hickman's Avengers run were adapted in video games and cartoons.

You'd know that if any of them were worth playing or watching, so I'll forgive you for not knowing.
>>
Marvel with Jim Shooter returning as EiC.

-X-Men
--Blue Team (OG5 style basics with the dream of Prof X)
--Gold Team (Expanded team, more world/galactic type adventures)
--Children of X (your Gen X, New X-Men starter pack of the next generation. Phase out the ones that don't work, promote the others upwards as leaders before spinning off to Blue/Gold or adding a 3rd team if the sales support it)

-Avengers (Classic team setup, Mansion/Tower, etc. World events)
-West Coast Avengers (more focused, more humor, sticks to mainly Western US storylines which can feed into the main Avengers world events)
--New Avengers (Younger up and coming heroes mixed veterans to learn from. A proper Avengers Academy type thing. Grads move up, those that aren't popular are let go)

-Cosmic
--Guardians of the Galaxy
--FF
--Inhumans (Royal Family)

-Solos
--IM (Back to Basics Tony trying to bring up Stark Industries as a whole. WM, Pepper, and Ironheart included. WM as a more Might answer, Ironheart as a starry eyed dreamer of Science being the answer, and Pepper as the business mind to keep Tony grounded)
--B.Panther (Wakanda rebuilt and reborn, returning to true isolationism while trying to push away the negative forces who wish to do it harm)
--Hulk (more science banner with the hulk as an end solution as needed. Include Maria Hill again)
--Hawkeye & Hawkeye (Moving beyond NY, a road adventure of hijinks)
--Marvels (Captain Marvel Carol scaled back to a more sane personality along with Ms Marvel Kamala heroing learning from Carol while learns to be a more secure person while helping Kamala.)
--Howard the Duck
--Deadpool
--Silver Surfer

-Spider-man (Parker, MJ)
--Legacy of Spider-Man (Miles and Silk, something more fire and ice of personalities. Miles is young, Silk is more mature, Silk is headstrong, Miles is more thoughtful)
--Spider-Girls (May Day Parker, SpiderGwen, and Anya. Three heroes living together in early college facing life, love, and heroics)
--Sinister (villain comic)
>>
File: Moon Knight Rebirth.jpg (126KB, 520x800px) Image search: [Google]
Moon Knight Rebirth.jpg
126KB, 520x800px
>>91746232
>>
File: aa19.jpg (62KB, 1161x353px) Image search: [Google]
aa19.jpg
62KB, 1161x353px
>>91751238
>--Inhumans (Royal Family)
>>
>>91746232
Fire Brevoort and Alonso. Put the editors to work, start improving on the legacy characters, and limiting events to one every two years
>>
>>91746232
Let Bendis and his posse of awful writers go and kill Ike Pearlmutter. Literally kill him.
Cease using crossovers, allowe writers to develop their storylines.
Enforce House Style art again (because giving artists free reign has caused wild inconsistencies in art that allows shit like AvX to be published) and actually enforce editors that do their jobs editing a comic for art problems and continuity. Those who do not will be fired and replaced with editors who CAN do their job.
>>
Bring back editors
Fire all SJWs
Fire anyone who is a dick online
>>
>>91753131
Fuck off xfag. The Inhumans were actually interesting before they were turned into discount xmen.
>>
>>91746232

1. Apologize for the shit-fest that Marvel has become.

2. Clean house.

3. Back to basics.
>>
>>91753457
That franchise is tainted forever, shithumanfag. Not even Shooter could revitalize it.
>>
>>91746616
Nigga your plan is worst than their current one
>>
>>91746667
you silly-billy
>>
>>91746232
1. Fire Amanat, Bendis, etc. Basically clean house.
2. Court unique writers and artists from the indie scene and let them (mostly) have creative freedom without binding them to events or autistically rigid canon
3. Make it a contractual rule that employees must clear social media posts with editorial.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.