[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Image Comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

What are your thoughts on image comics
1) Best current comics
2) Best comic they've ever published
3) Books that have outstayed their welcome
4) What new titles are you most interested in?
>>
I'll start
1) my personal favourites are black science, deadly class and rumble. I also have a soft spot for I hate fairyland and sex criminals
2) even though I know it has its flaws my favourite image book of all time is easily invincible and it's gonna be a sad day on /co/ when the final issue gets storytimed just because of how different it is to every other cape comic out there
3) although it's had its moments saga really has begun to drag its feet the past two arcs and it goes without saying that walking dead has been going on long enough
4) as for new stuff god country has been really good and I hope the response to it makes them reconsider only going for six issues and last wednesdays first issue of redneck also seems very promising and I'm interested to see where it goes.
>>
>>91746084
>1) Best current comics
Mirror
Head Lopper
Rumble
Underwinter started off well

>2) Best comic they've ever published
Wagner's Mage but mirror is getting up the for me

>3) Books that have outstayed their welcome
Southern Bastards, nothing about the book warrants the huge delays
Nowhere Men too for the same reason

>4) What new titles are you most interested in?
Paklis
More mage
the family tree
>>
>>91746261
What's mirror about I've never heard of it before? Also being a rumble fan is suffering. It's been six months now without a new issue I'm worried it's going to reach sex criminals tier delays where it takes over a year
>>
>Best Current
Head Lopper
Stray Bullets
Manifest Destiny
Extremity is promising but too soon to really praise.

>Best Ever
eh

>Overstayed
All of the "big hit"/vanity-project books. Bitch Planet, Southern Bastards, etc.

>New Titles
Bulletproof Coffin one-shot

>>91746261
I dropped out of the Mirror/8House thing during the initial push and haven't looked back, though it seemed interesting at the time. Otherwise, we obviously share some taste. (I also haven't caught up with Rumble though intend to)
>>
File: Mirror.jpg (3MB, 2650x4075px) Image search: [Google]
Mirror.jpg
3MB, 2650x4075px
>>91746344
harren is doing 2 issues of seven to eternity so it'll take more time till it starts again I guess

mirror is a sci-fi with sentient animals waging civil war on an astroid with all kinds of crazy shit happening, the current arc is the how it all how life started on the astroid
the art is absolutely amazing
>>
>>91746464
8house was fucked by the dumb titling
what the fuck was graham thinking
should've just put some logo on the cover, now the books that are part of it don't even mention 8house
>>
>>91746465
That looks interesting I'll have to check it out. Thanks anon
>>
>>91746523
I can't understand why it wasn't just part of Island. It's tough enough to get ONE anthology going, but then to try and run a magazine anthology alongside a singles anthology.....and then to fill Island with the most contradictory "Is it tumblr, Heavy Metal or deviantart?" range of titles is just......I dunno man.
>>
>>91746464
Bitch Planet overstayed its welcome by the first issue, I think Southern Bastards is pretty good though. Coach Boss is a great villain
>>
>>91746587
My problem with Southern Bastards is the pacing. I'm surprised we didn't spend an entire arc waiting for Roberta to finish her coffee at the airport, and then another arc waiting for the cab to pick her up, and then another arc inter-cutting between her opening the front door of her dad's house and Coach boss snarling at a bag of deflated footballs.

The following 5 issues would then follow a completely different character each issue and then the six issue is actually just a leftover script from Scalped that has nothing to do with Southern Bastards.....In their defense, I haven't read any of the most recent few issues.
>>
>>91746587
Bitch planet is awful I have no idea how that book and pretty deadly have the same writer because they are of completely different quality
>>
>>91746587
the problem is they get out an issue every 3 months and the plot barely progresses, sure the characters are good and their interactions too but it keeps meandering
>>
>>91746660
I can't tell how much of Bitch Planet is "supposed to be bad" since it's meant to be a send-up of exploitation/bad-girl movies and comics, and how much of it is just typical feminist hyperbole and snark.
>>
File: 960.jpg (62KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
62KB, 960x540px
>>91746580
Island was literally just Graham and Rios giving their friends and dudes they liked a platform to put their comics out there. The charm of island was also it's weakness in that it didn't give a fuck about a singular theme and just wanted to showcase a large cast of artists that just excited Brandon and Emma.

Comparing to heavy metal is kind of unfair because Heavy metal is kind of tied to the weird science and weird fantasy genre. 2000AD is in the same boat. Island didn't give a fuck and was closer to something like Shonen Jump which was kind of refreshing.

I think the real killer was the price and that it didn't include the 8house stuff.
>>
>>91746084
>1) Best current comics
She Wolf (although it's over now)
Head Lopper
>2) Best comic they've ever published
Jack Staff
>3) Books that have outstayed their welcome
No idea, I guess Invincible since that's the only real long running comic put out through them I've read and I stopped reading like 50+ issues ago
>4) What new titles are you most interested in?
new Kane comics (apparently an OGN according to Grist)
Spy Seal (which is why She Wolf is ending)
>>
Not much of an Image reader but I'm reading Seven to Eternity. Good if only because it's like re-living the glory days of Uncanny X-Force.
>>
>>91749525
I still need to get around to reading seven to eternity, I've got the trade I've just been busy reading through old flash stories
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.