[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Binge-reading comics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Trinity_1.jpg (55KB, 300x471px) Image search: [Google]
Trinity_1.jpg
55KB, 300x471px
I've read 52 (GOAT), and Countdown (entertainingly bad), and now looking for something new to binge-read. Should I bother?
Also, what are some comics that are good for binging?
>>
>>91744477
Any one you like? What kind of retarded question is that.
>>
>>91744508
My definition of 'bingable' comics:
-longer runs, at least dozens of issues
-mindless entertainment, nothing that requires concentration (eg Morrison)
-nothing too good or too bad
That's what I'm looking for
>>
>>91744570
Some examples: 52, almost every Geoff Johns series, the Knightfall and No Man's Land sagas, Jason Aaron's Wolverine, Slott's Spider-Man, The Walking Dead...
>>
>>91744570
Injustice is literally that
>>
>>91744477
Preacher has perfect pacing for marathon reads.
>>
>>91744754
Thanks, I've been meaning to check it out

>>91744768
That's also a good example
>>
>>91744570
Early Marvel (1940's-70's). Seriously, aside from Spider-Man and FF, you can skim most of it without worry and get along just fine. Marvel Mystery Comics in particular, along with Human Torch and Submariner and Captain America, is just a shitload of good to okay comics you can breeze through.
>>
Vertigo era Hellblazer all the way through
>>
File: Cade_Skywalker006.jpg (136KB, 769x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cade_Skywalker006.jpg
136KB, 769x600px
>>91744570
Star Wars: Legacy meets these criteria well
>>
>>91744833
Truth.
Werewolf by Night is an excellent read. I liked Ditko ASM so much I read the omni, and then turned back to the first page and read it again.
Tales of Suspense era Captain America is a great long read as well, and Kirby's 70's run too.
FF 1-103; Master of Kung Fu, UXM- shit the list goes on forever. Forever.
60-70's marvel is awesome.
>>
>>91745530
>70's Kirby Captain America, UXM, FF 1 - 103
truth.

>>91744477
Invincible is almost done (~a year left) and it's the perfect binge-read comic.
Justice League International and JLA.
>>
injustice definitely fits the bill here

i'm currently going through it myself... started year 2 a couple minutes ago
>>
>>91745063
It will always be better than TFA and sequels

Just this panel alone makes more sense than anything in that shitshow
>>
>>91744477
Green Lantern from Green Lantern: Rebirth to... well, the current Rebirth series.
It's essentially one big, continuous story of about 400 issues, a space opera of epic proportions. Most of it is well-written and well-drawn, and while there are some mediocre parts, I wouldn't call anything straight up bad (except Milligan's Red Lanterns).
Here is a good reading order:
http://comicbookreadingorders.com/dc/characters/green-lantern-reading-order/
>>
>>91744477
Frank Miller's Daredevil and Daredevil vol. 2, yes, the whole thing besides Shadowland.

Invincible literally reads like a shonen manga.

Mignolaverse starting with Hellboy Seed of Destruction.

I wanna say Thunderbolts, but personally I found Busiek's and Nicieza's writing way too text heavy. But it's a lot of fun stacked to the brim with references to obscurest Marvel shit, read with Busiek's Avengers.

Waid's original run on Wally West.

And I think most fun would be Spider-man by JMS starting with Amazing Spider-man #471, holy shit it's a wild ride (of legitimately good quality until JRJR fucks off and from "that's pretty good" to "wtf are you doing, Quesada" after he fucks off). Alternatively you can read Ultimate Spider-man and just stop after getting to the Death of Spider-man.
>>
>>91748421
I wouldn't put Miller's Daredevil and Hellboy into this category
They are quality series which don't 'deserve' burning through them on a rainy afternoon
But Thunderbolts is a good idea, gonna check it out, thanks
The others I've read and liked
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.