[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Woya thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 13

File: 1315250432682.jpg (100KB, 780x786px) Image search: [Google]
1315250432682.jpg
100KB, 780x786px
>>
File: im woirkin on it.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
im woirkin on it.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>91743011
I'm workin' on it!
>>
>>91743011
>Work on your writing
Fuck. You're right. But I wanna draw also. What should I do?
>>
>>91743471
Art is, by technical skill alone, easier to practice. Writing takes a bit more flourishing and you can't always spot the mistakes right away. I'd say draw some, then do a bit of reading.
>>
bawmp
>>
File: IMG_20170422_111735.jpg (2MB, 3328x2952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170422_111735.jpg
2MB, 3328x2952px
>>91743011
I did this yesterday does that count?

As for my writing, I currently have an idea for a story and yesterday I started writing some character bio's.
>>
How do I improve my skill at writing subtle insults/threats?
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 960x720px
>>91743011
Rate my Captain Carol concept friendos
>>
>>91750558
Your work looks exactly like the stuff made by this obnoxious fucking painting major at my art college.

Do you live in Alberta?
>>
>>91751176
LOOMIS
>>
>>91751176
Props on patience and control re: armor details, but that cranium (or lack there of) is concerning.
>>
>>91751467
Lol, I live in California. Currently not even going to school, I just paint a little after my job.

I am interested in what that guy's work looks like. Also I hope I'm not obnoxious.
>>
>>91751663
You don't seem obnoxious! You guys just have a similar aesthetic.
>>
File: dr goodlove.png (295KB, 579x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dr goodlove.png
295KB, 579x1200px
I'm trying to strike a good balance between personal work, studies and practice, and assigned work, but I always end up pushing assignments to the backburner ;-;
>>
Still working on how to draw the shoulders and arms

Now neck too
>>
>>91743471
Nice detail on that guitar. Personally Guitars have been kicking my ass a lot so I can really appreciate a well drawn guitar.
>>
File: Latte_Barista_and_cappachino.png (1MB, 1851x1701px) Image search: [Google]
Latte_Barista_and_cappachino.png
1MB, 1851x1701px
Old characters I kinda wanna bring back.
I'm really trying to find a good way to get their designs to "flow" more.
>>
>>91751875
Have you studied the underlying musculature first?
>>
>>91752732
>shortstacks
>cute shortstacks
You have my attention.

As for the designs, the things that don't jive to me are the poofy hairdos, the wild flower, and the dress the middle one (Barista?) has.The wacy and rounded lines don't go well with the angular and slightly curved lines you're using for the rest of their bodies.

Noses, lips, ears, eyes, those are okay as rounder shapes, since it's only natural, but I'd recommend using less half-circles all around for things like clothing and hair.
>>
>>91752899
Well I did sorta wanna make their afros look incredibly "poofy"
Latte in particular stores all of her weapons in her fro like sort of a hammer space, and uses it to break her falls.
>>
File: afro.png (119KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
afro.png
119KB, 600x600px
>>91753512
If I could make a suggestion, have their outline be thin, but perfectly smooth. But have the inside be a poofy jet-black to serve as a highlight and a contrast. Maybe the image will make more sense than my words.
>>
>>91753767
That's actually not a bad idea. I'll have to try that when I get home.
>>
>>91754435
Where's you blog located, by the by? If it's alright with you, I'd like to ink and colour your sketch, but also give credit and link back to your blog.
>>
>>91754750
Yotomoe is my main blog on tumblr
But Yotomore is where I usually post sketches and stuff.

Either one should be fine.I will say that this is more concept stuff than anything so I may still fiddle with her design but I'd totally love to see you line and color this.
>>
File: selection screen wip 2.png (656KB, 864x486px) Image search: [Google]
selection screen wip 2.png
656KB, 864x486px
I've been working on some assets for some 90s game reviews with animated segments for a while. Today I did an upload test to judge if my animations would appear at a decent quality on youtube with my current render settings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg9TS2wtKJQ

I also photobashed together a rough layout for a selection screen that would appear at the end of each review to direct to other videos and social media accounts. I'm worried it's too cluttered though.

>>91752732
I really like these, but as the other anon stated I think having more defined, simpler shapes to the hair and clothing would help with the flow a lot.
>>
>>91752773
What do you mean but Study? Because this all self-"study"
>>
>>91757283
Art studies just means practicing drawing something from references to better understand how it works. Have been reading anatomy books or done any figure drawings?
If you haven't, Hampton's Figure Drawing, Design and Invention is a great book to read through. Look through it's descriptions and drawings of muscles and try to use that knowledge as you practice drawing people from life/photos, and once you feel comfortable with that you can draw anatomy better from imagination.
>>
File: zombies_colourv3.png (969KB, 3428x1471px) Image search: [Google]
zombies_colourv3.png
969KB, 3428x1471px
Colored this one from the last thread
>>
File: Miche.png (4MB, 2241x2998px) Image search: [Google]
Miche.png
4MB, 2241x2998px
>>91757887
>Think you're doing a study
>Actually you're just wasting time
>>
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12339620/1/Underbelly

I've been working on my writing as best I can by trying to buckle down and publish one chapter per week. Yes, I realize it is literal fan fiction but it was the only way I could get in any practice. I'm just looking for some criticism I wouldn't otherwise be able to find from my peers.
>>
Could anyone suggest some possible fight scenes I could write about ?
Any character is fine just so long as it's Cartoon related, i'm not to familiar with most of the works of the major /co/ publishers.

Hit me up, I'm bored :^)
>>
I try to have fun, while practicing the fundamentals right now, not sure if that would be detrimental in the long run though.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.