[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point does self loathing humor start to get dull in a cartoon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1449289578147.png (1016KB, 1010x767px) Image search: [Google]
1449289578147.png
1016KB, 1010x767px
At what point does self loathing humor start to get dull in a cartoon?
>>
>>91741491
whenever you decide to become a better person or an hero. sometimes both
>>
You did not post a good example because golden age plankton is top 3 spongebob characters
>>
>>91741491
Season 4, I guess
>>
>>91741526
Yeah plankton USED to be great, especially when his actor helped write his episodes
>>
Around the point that it starts to get dull.
>>
>>91741491
When you relate to it too much.
>>
>>91741526
Who are the other two?
>>
>>91741491
It's kinda like when you complain about things too much. Sure you can make a joke about how shitty your day is going at first and get a laugh out of it. But talking about how shitty your life is all of the time can start to sound like complaining.
>>
>>91741556
/thread
Around 3 years or 60-70 episodes in, you feel a lot less fresh when it comes to the same type of characters and their humour. That's why Season 3-5 of South Park were all about introducing new 4th graders for the boys to interact with and employ new kinds of comedy to the show.
>>
>>91741491
When the meatloaf stops being holographic
>>
>>91741491
Even though they called it meatloaf in the show, I thought it was a sandwich with a really big slice of bread on top.
>>
>>91742606
Meatloaf sandwich isn't bad
>>
>>91742606
Same, all the meatloaf i've seen is usually darker than that
>>
I WENT TO COLLEGE
>>
>>91741491
When my life becomes better
>>
It gets dull when it's the only thing the character does, making them a one dimensional character.

Most people have some problem that's good in humor, bet gets stale in the same way that gets annoying in real life and boring in fiction.

If a character starts out with a lot of self loathing, goes on a binge of self help and appreciation, but then realizes that self loathing has both negative an positive qualities and lives their lives focusing on their natural way of life while using what they've learned to move their life in a progressive way, that both creates many opportunities for humor while adding character development. Either way that makes the character likable and more fleshed out.

Either that or quit worrying about it faggot
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.