[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Collection books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I'm new to collecting comics, I've bought a few random trades in the past but i'm thinking of buying some collection type books. I saw these epic collections by Marvel, and heard DC has something similar. But judging by the covers, it looks like these are based on the older comics and not so much the modern stuff. Do they have collection type books for modern comics? Whats availible to people who want to get a whole bunch of stories of there favorite hero in one package?
>>
So what the Epic Collections are is just classic stories from a particular run together in one book.

DC doesn't exactly have an equivalent to this. Instead, they collect runs and title them by artist/writer. For example, Tales of the Batman by Archie Goodwin is Goodwin's run of Detective Comics with his Batman issues.

Collections of modern comics are just straight up trades/TPBs. What characters are you looking for? We can recommend some trades for you to get.

If this is still confusing to you, trust me, once you've read two you'll totally understand.
>>
>>91741102
DC has their Greatest Stories Ever Told which has modern stuff in them.
>>
>>91741102
Both Marvel and DC collect stories in trade paperbacks. If you let us know what heroes you're interested in, we can give you some recommended reading.
>>
Recently I've been into the Flash and Arrow cause of the tv shows, but I also want to get some Blue Beatle stories. I have a few random powergirl and Spiderman trades. Some suicide squad stuff. And a few classic deadpool trades. My collection is kind of a mish mash of stuff right now.
>>
>>91741370
Blue Beetle's solo series from the mid-2000s is really good. It starts with Volume 1: Shellshocked.

Power Girl's solo series by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti is also good. Starts with the book A New Beginning.

The Joe Kelly run on Deadpool is great, and the current series Spider-Man & Deadpool is great too.
>>
For more explanation on how a lot of these Epic Collections are compiled also check our Crushing Krisis, he writes a blog and does a pretty good organized list of how comics are compiled into the Epic Collections, Omnibuses (huge story arc collections), and traded paperback collections including purchase links.

I think he only does Marvel though.
>>
>>91741474

I have the Amanda conner run, love her artwork, also have the Harley quin and powergirl Amanda conner stuff as well.
>>
>>91741370
If you like the cinematic Deadpool, the Daniel Way collections are decent, there are 4 complete collection volumes of these.
>>
>>91741370
If you like the TV shows, you want:
>The Flash Vol. 1: The Dastardly Death of the Rogues!
>The Flash, Vol. 1: Move Forward (The New 52)
>The Flash Vol. 2: Rogues Revolution (The New 52)
>Green Arrow: Year One
>Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters
>Green Arrow Vol. 1: Hunters Moon
And so on

For Blue Beetle, I'm assuming you mean the Jaime version:
>Blue Beetle (Book 1): Shellshocked
>Blue Beetle (Book 2): Road Trip
And so on

Suicide Squad:
>Suicide Squad Vol. 1: Trial by Fire
>Suicide Squad Vol. 2: The Nightshade Odyssey
And so on
>Deadshot: Beginnings

Deadpool:
>Deadpool Classic, Vol. 1
>Deadpool Classic, Vol. 2
And so on
>Deadpool: World's Greatest Vol. 1: Millionaire With A Mouth
>Deadpool: World's Greatest Vol. 2: End of an Error
And so on

Usually we recommend by runs, but I'm trying to make it a bit easier for you.
>>
>>91741537
On a related note, if you like Power Girl and want to know more about the previous Blue Beetle, the Justice League International books from the late 80s/early 90's were really good. Very funny, used a lot of underutilized heroes.
>>
>>91741474
>>91741554
>>91741578

This will help me out a ton, Thanks so much for the recomendations.
>>
>>91741543
Are you trying to make him quit deadpool forever?
>>
>>91742660

I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll check it out myself to see if I like it or not. Also I forgot to ask, any good Batman or Teen titan trades I can read? Or stuff by Kyle higgins? I've been reading his power rangers run and I enjoy it a lot.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.