[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why didn't he just become a firefighter or some shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 44

File: 1492820408115.jpg (62KB, 875x585px) Image search: [Google]
1492820408115.jpg
62KB, 875x585px
why didn't he just become a firefighter or some shit
>>
that job was probably the last place you'd expect to find a super in hiding, being a fire fighter would probably make his super strength a bit obvious on more than one occasion
>>
Not low-key enough.
>>
File: 1491367099417.jpg (28KB, 600x629px) Image search: [Google]
1491367099417.jpg
28KB, 600x629px
nigga it was part of the hero relocation program
they gave him a job purposefully that would keep him out of the view
>>
>>91740072
Why didn't he become an Olympic weightlifting champion?
Why didn't he become a cop?
Why he didn't become A NFL player?
why didn't he become a human cannonball?
>>
>>91740135
Fucking normies need to get red pilled.
>>
>>91740072
Too easy to display too much power. In a job like firefighting, its too tempting for him to just lift a two ton gurter off someone to save their lives instead of doing it like a man with normal strength would.
>>
so.. ar those superheroes Mutants or Inhumans?
>>
>>91740227
>>91740099
More to the point, it would put him in a situation where he'd feel compelled to be a hero. It's like hiring a recovering addict to sort opioid based pills.
>>
I never got why superheroism had to be a secret. I get that they had secret identities but it seems like they want people to forget that powers ever existed (and it seems they were successful) and I never got how and why when they were so popular for a time.
>>
>>91740186
>Why didn't he become an Olympic weightlifting champion?
Definitely not allowed.
>Why didn't he become a cop?
Recipe for disaster
>Why he didn't become A NFL player?
Not allowed and he would probably kill someone
>Why didn't he become a human cannonball?
What?
>>
>>91740551
They had Doctor Manhattan, they needed no other supers.
>>
>>91740551
Plot. it was for sake of plot.
>>
File: 10a.jpg~original.jpg (44KB, 1024x757px)
10a.jpg~original.jpg
44KB, 1024x757px
>>91740579
>Why didn't he become a human cannonball?
>What?
It's a circus thing.
>>
>>91740594
Which hero was Doctor Manhattan?
>>91740602
Laying low was the plot but they didn't have to make it so that powers were a secret. It seems impossible that that would happen.
>>
>>91740551
No one forgot it was just irrelevant. And it seems like it was pretty rare in the first place.
>>
>>91740638
>Which hero was Doctor Manhattan?
The big blue naked one they couldn't show due to the censors.
>>
>>91740551
The gov't wanted people to forget about supers so that the lawsuits would go away because the supers worked for them so they were the ones who had to pay out.
>>
File: 1335421474430.jpg (40KB, 318x269px)
1335421474430.jpg
40KB, 318x269px
>>91740652
Are we talking about the same movie? Cause I've seen and read Watchmen and I'm pretty sure it's not The Incredibles.
>>
>>91740636
I doubt he wanted to be a circus freak. He wanted to be a hero.
>>
For real though. He hospitalized a guy with little provocation. Could have easily killed him. And the provocation was that he was getting dressed down for being terrible at his job, not exactly uncalled-for.

The people who pushed for the removal of supers were pretty justified if you think about it. Loose cannons who go around hospitalizing people over nothing shouldn't be protected by the law.
>>
I really hope Incredibles 2 will be good. Pixar is really going to shit lately and I hope they can find the spark they had when they made the original.
>>
>>91740697
Haven't you heard? Doctor Manhattan is everywhere!
>>
If heroes were banned then who was out there fighting villains?
>>
>>91740710
>not wanting to be the hero to every kid who sees you stick your head in a lion's mouth or juggle sexy ladies or stick your head in a lion's mouth while juggling sexy ladies as you're all fired from a cannon

You sicken me.
>>
>>91740729
Well they were vigilantes. It's not exactly no reason, they were going after criminals and supervillains. The problem came up when they save people who don't want to save and put them in a position to sue them for big money. That doesn't really have to do with people having abilities. Aside from the monetary losses of getting sued the heroes were probably doing more good than harm. I don't think the movie touched on any other reasons that the heroes would be disliked.
Also I just realized a plot hole. They didn't talk about what happened to the super villains after the heroes went away. The villains wouldn't go away too. Did the government find a way to counter them and keep them under wraps? Maybe something to talk about in the sequel.
>>
>>91740780
Seal Team Six? No jail, just the justice of bullets. MURDER bullets. TO THE FACE!
>>
>>91740780
Villains all retired as well. If there's no superhero to stop your super-crime as a supervillain, whats the point?
>>
>>91740732
So will the sequel be set in the 80's?
>>
>>91740837
Money? Power? Women? 40 cakes?
>>
>>91740810
>>91740780
>>91740837
It's just implied that the supers neutered the villain threat sufficiently that heroes weren't needed to battle them anymore. That's just the only way the narrative makes sense. If heroes were still needed then the lawsuit business couldn't've occurred.
>>
>>91740837
Syndrome didn't stop so why would others? I get that it doesn't really matter to the movie but it's just stuff they didn't think about or didn't think about and left out on purpose. It's just one movie.
>>
Over time supers would be more and more common. Powers are hereditary in this universe and supers coupling with other supers and having kids or coupling with regulars and having kids would lead to a big population of supers down the road. Maybe not in the timeframe of the movie since it seems like the Pars were in the first generation of supers, or the first to use their powers publicly, but in Three or four generations there'd be a lot.
>>
>>91740732
Bird doing the whole thing again is very promising.
>>
>>91740780
Government agencies I would assume.
All (or a very large percentage) of the villains in The Incredibles universe were gadget based. No powers. Because the government scooped up anyone and everyone with powers and had them be "heroes," looking at you Gamma Jack,
so they could in order to keep an eye on them.
>>
>>91740697
They had a hero that could control his atomic structure and was essentially indestructible. He supposedly died or phased himself away from Earth.
>>
>>91740910
Children of supers with supers didn't necessarily have powers, supers didn't necessarily only marry supers, children of supers and normals were probably less likely to have powers, supers tended to die to cape-related mishaps anyway. This can be explained in a bunch of ways.
>>
>>91740884
>>91740885
It easily can be inferred that they were all killed. They got a powerful hero with the balls to do it and gave them the resources to do it efficiently. Probably converted a lot of them to government employees too.
>>
>>91740837
Becoming the king of all evil? Exploiting the innocent? Making those girls who rejected you in high school sorry?
>>
File: GJ.jpg (15KB, 340x285px)
GJ.jpg
15KB, 340x285px
He didn't die.

>Max intelligence

>Max power type

get ready
>>
>>91740910
>yfw the incredibles is in the same universe as BnHa
>>
>>91740885
People forget that Mr. Incredible was unique in NOT killing villains. Other A list heroes like Gamma Jack just outright obliterated people's DNA with megadoses of high intensity radiation. The hero that could make his density that of a black hole probably infinite mass punched a few people.
>>
>>91740947
Offspring of supers and nonsupers probably had around a 50/50 chance of having powers. It could be though that you need two supers to create more supers so that would keep the population sufficiently small. Until they came out in public and made names for themselves.
>>
>>91740988
Jesus fuck, I'm remembering back to that chart /co/ made of the different supers. There's some crazy powers in there. This universe has so much potential.
>>
File: black spiderman.gif (1MB, 254x191px)
black spiderman.gif
1MB, 254x191px
>>91740975
Or Worm.
>>
>>91740988
Wouldnt an infinite mass punch make a vacuum so strong that it would become a black hole?
>>
>>91740780
Either
>>91740884
in this world revolving door Prisons are less common or the villains get killed.

That or the Government didn't fucking play. Superheroes could effectively answer the villain's threats with a modicum of finesse/tact as to not destroy them because they were superpowerful. But when you're dealing with a bunch of normal people their only response is lethal.
In the old days you have your super mech stomping down the street, so Mr. Incredible fist fights it and then pulls you out by the scruff of your neck with a few bruises.
Now you pull that shit and a police sniper shoots you through the cockpit.
>>
>>91740971
This is definitely the easiest to do, but it just seems like the opposite of Syndrome, in a way that's too similar if that makes sense. Too, POTTERY for me I guess
>Syndrome wants to make a world devoid of capes by making everyone cape tier, and make himself the only actual "hero" in the process
>Gamma Jack wants to make the world devoid of humans and only capes, because humans are inferior.
>>
>>91741054
>baby jack jack is named after Gamma Jack

I just realized this
>>
>>91741054
Would probably be too Magneto. We already have enough of that type of thing. Incredibles will want to do something not well tread.
>>
>>91740910
There was originally a plot point that supers fucking supers was seen as a big no no by the government. They dropped it, but there's still a little bit of it in the movie when Syndrome has them all in his zero point energy beam and he's shocked that Mr. Incredible hooked up with Elastigirl.
>>
>>91741045
Fucking badass
>>
>>91740135
Why does this imag exist.? It's udmb. Fuck I' shouldnt have dranked
>>
>>91741097
It's implied Gamma Jack probably had a few kids if he didn't irradiate women's wombs before fucking them. He's on records as hating when he has to kill a hot villainess
>>
File: 1420347154016.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1420347154016.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>91741135
>>
>>91741045
Probably yeah. Now that I think about it supers did have a very high mortality rate and Syndrome added to that by killing a bunch as well. None of the supers were really all that powerful and could be killed easily by accidents. So that does explain how the population stayed down.
>>
>>91740099
>>91740227
Just say "adrenaline" whenever you use your powers.
>>
>>91741135
>doesn't know tails gets trolled
lel
>>
File: too late.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
too late.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>If Incredibles 2 gets delayed to 2019 this will be applicable.
>>
>>91741142
made my night thanks you beautiful light crystal
>>
File: 1406435359879.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px)
1406435359879.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>91741138
>But I tell you once in a while I get these dames, man these dame villains and they got the curves and the hair and the big eyes and boy... Those are really hard to kill
>>
>>91741168
>None of the supers were really all that powerful and could be killed easily by accidents.
It's been awhile but I think one of Mr. Incredible's powers that's listed on the DVD was "indestructibility". Elastigirl could take a beating too, although not nearly to the extent that Mr. Incredible could. Most heroes would not have fared half as well against a giant robot that was throwing 500+ pound boulders at them, or grabbing them from opposite ends and trying to rip them in half, which for most squishy supers it would have easily succeeded at.
>>
>>91741168
>>91740975
I can see it now
>>
>>91740072
Not Randian enough
>>
>>91741232
I think most supers could be killed by a bullet or some sort of laser weapon if you need something fast. So any villains who came up could be dealt with somewhat easily. That was also probably incentive for heroes to not say fuck the government as well.
>>
>>91740265
Mutants, seeing as how they're technically born with it and they don't need cocoons.
>>
>>91740971
yep for sure the villain in the next movie.

Comes back after years of secluded,horrible, mundane mind-numbing office work and wants revenge on the world for forcing him out of retirement.

Wants to get rid of all the humans and make supers the true super-race!
>>
This is probably the only family movie that actually took advantage of the "DVD extras not rated" thing.
>>
>>91740971
He didn't have max intelligence. He was equal with Frozone. They're like two pips away from max
>>
>>91740971
She could be a match for him in ability.
>>
>>91740964
>Making those girls who rejected you in high school sorry?
He said villain, not hero.
>>
>>91740885
just turn off your brain bro
>>
>>91740072
Because of the merry hell that would come of a flaming roof crashing down on his head.

He'd survive, which is impossible, which would lead to people investigating and wham! cat's outta the bag.
>>
What would the Incredibles universe been like if Syndrome actually got accepted as Incrediboy?
Possibly a scandal with his mother freaking out probably
>>
File: feelbar.jpg (104KB, 1280x842px)
feelbar.jpg
104KB, 1280x842px
>tfw Thunderhead's widowed boyfriend and 5 kids now raised by one parent
>>
>>91740885
Syndrome literally started because the end of the superage
>>
>>91741031
One of his weaknesses is the high density causing gravity to go haywire so he probably doesn't do it much.
>>
>>91740988
>>91740971
Where the fuck are you nigger getting this info? I only watched the movie in theaters years ago.

Was this info released when the Vidya came out?
>>
>>91741265
>implying it wouldn't be a Private Fire Prevention Squad
>implying you wouldn't have to pay top dollar for their services
>>
>>91740227
>Firefighter with super-strength
>But you can't use your power
>Have to just stand there and let someone die under a pile of rubble, since you can't rescue them without exposing your family to the public/gov't/villains
>>
>>91741614
Stop typing like a retard. It's all info on the bonus DVD.
>>
>>91741630
Oh.

Well I guess I'll pick it up.
>>
>>91740710
>Bob wants to be assigned an identity where he can do some good
>Can't be a cop, fireman, or anything that involves physically saving people
>Doesn't have the degrees/training to be a doctor or EMT
>The best they could do is make him an insurance salesman
>The most security he could offer people is a flimsy policy that his higher-ups would immediately try to skimp out on
Goddamn this movie is brilliant in the way it establishes contrast.
>>
>>91741509
They'd be pretty sorry when you're killing, honestly.
>>
>>91741630
Isn't it weird that there are resources for information other than the source material? Like, whoa, man.
>>
>>91740780
I like to think that the villains all retired since they understood that the police/government wouldn't pull their punches the way supers might have.

>Cops leave villains to superheroes
>Superheroes always bring them in alive when they can help it
>As a result, lots of escapes and jailbreaks and collateral damage
>Government puts their foot down, outlaws superheroes
>As a result, cops and military now get called in to deal with supervillains
>Guys like Bomb Voyage are treated like legit terrorists, just get taken out if they refuse to surrender
>Everyone collectively says "fuck that" and retires to Florida/their volcano lair now that there's no "game" to it anymore
>>
>>91740729
He was told off and told to ignore a guy getting mugged. And he hated his boss.
>>
>>91740971
>According to his NSA file, he was formerly known as "Handsome Jack"; he's a favorite among the ladies, a picky eater, tends to have "tyrannical/megalomaniac tendencies"; NSA recommended close monitoring
Holy shit, that'd be pretty cool.
>>
>>91741230
Source?
The idea of hidden dark Incredibles lore sounds fucking baller
>>
>>91741785
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d73WtJlko9E
>>
>>91741740
Imagine in real life if you hated your boss and he threatened to fire you. Would you then pick your boss up by the throat and throw him through four walls?

Not a proportionate response.
>>
>>91741611
>Low self esteem
>Whenever possible - keep busy
Holy shit, are they implying he might an hero?
>>
>>91741611
Oh thats a clever way to do it
>infinite mass punch
>reduce mass so your arm doesnt fly off
>infinite mass so blackhole doesnt suck everything into eternity
>enemy is torn to peices between two black holes
>uncontrollable gravity nexus until the black hole stops forming
>>
>>91741808
If you had the ability to and he stopped you from preventing a mugging then most people probably would.
>>
>>91741808
>Try to help someone who's being mugged
>Boss screams at you to not help or else you're fired
>Turns smug as he realizes he's got power over you
>Guy who was getting mugged is now lying in an alleyway, not moving
>When you mention the crook got away, your boss literally says "good"
>A man might be dead and your boss is still smugly gloating about how he's your boss
I'd say that warrants an emotional outburst, I could totally see a normal person decking someone over something that shitty.
Scale that up to a superhero level and going through a few walls seems about right.

Not saying it's justified, but it's certainly understandable.
>>
>>91741872
It says right there that the density only goes to NEAR black hole.
>>
>>91741812
No dude he hates his normy life they gave him, and if he cant be a hero he can only be a villain. Like imagine the years of resent that hes got building up working at a job he hates when he could rip the earth apart.
>>
>>91740265
As far as we know, nobody has an "origin story" and everyone is just born with powers.
>>
>>91741905
>Superhero where the only thing keeping him on the right side of the law is the fact that being a hero gives him a sense of purpose
>The same as an addict who only stays on the wagon because he volunteers at a hospital and it gives him a sense of purpose
>If they lost that purpose they'd just go off the deep end
There's so much fucking potential in the Incredibles universe. I'd honestly love an expanded universe by way of comics or novels or something.
>>
>>91741611
Now him teamed up with Gamma Jack I would like.
>>
>>91741883
Once matter becomes too dense it collapses on itself, if hes getting near black hole density im assume its close enough to warrant even bringing black holes he would be able to form natural black holes from the surrounding matter in the wake of his punch.
>>
>>91740072
He was probably forbidden from joining career fields that involved saving people or law enforcement.
>>
>>91741916
On one of their descriptions it says he discovered his powers while working a food stand.
>>
>>91741984
It's probably not a good idea to create black holes. He can only control his own density, once a black hole is started it will probably destroy the world. There's another hero who can control gravity though and if they teamed up it maybe could work but there's not much you need to fight that the only way is to make a black hole.
>>
there's no reason a few of the select supers with proper powers and intelligence couldn't have lived
iirc there was one guy and one girl super who reasonably could still be alive
>>
File: anime sadness.jpg (114KB, 610x848px) Image search: [Google]
anime sadness.jpg
114KB, 610x848px
>>91741611
>Low self esteem
>Team affiliation: Beta Force
>>
>>91741611
>tfw can create black holes so powerful they can suck up anything except your self-esteem problems
>forever Beta Force
>>
>>91741964
There were comics. I think people liked them at least on here they did but I think it ended in a cliffhanger? There's definitely enough material to sustain at least one comic but I wouldn't want it unless the guys who wrote the movie were writing it.
>>
I do find it weird that they just plopped all these super powered people in dead end jobs.

I mean I get that collateral damage was a big problem when they were vigilantes, but why not use them as part of a controlled group? Don't just let them run around doing what they want, but give them tasks and guidelines to deal with major crises.
>>
>>91742088
Some of them lived. They weren't all killed.
>>
>>91741964
>Anthology series
>Every issue follows a different super
>Every issue has a Bad End
>>
>>91740971
I thought he died fighting an improved Omnidroid after he destroyed like two of them?
>>
>>91742117
what? and risk losing the next election due to low approval ratings?
>>
>>91742117
I think they did. When they were active they mostly worked for the NSA and they would give them tasks though they had a lot of autonomy.
>>
Imagine a show that follows the daily life of Stratogale as she juggles superheroing and high school life until one day she gets randomly sucked into a jet turbine and fucking dies.
>>
>>91742169
The whole reason they were hated is because they'd run in to help people but destroy a bunch of shit in the process. But what if you sent them into situations where that's a non issue? No one gives a shit if you break some stuff on a ship that's sinking anyways if you save everyone on board. Or say, have the guy who controls radiation clean up Chernobyl.

>>91742170
I have trouble believing that if just because of what Mr Incredible was stuck doing. The guy clearly wanted to do good but the whole reason he quit his job was because it forced him to look the other way.
>>
>>91742185
Stratogale always reminded me of that one /co/ oc with the big tits.
Just a regular school girl in 50's america that also happened to be a superhero. But stratogal fucking dies.
I'd love to see the aftermath of it all.
>>
>>91741232
I think people forget that Mr. Incredible was Brad Bird's ubermensch self-insert. A lot of the weird plot inconsistencies make more sense when you realize that the dude's movies tend to have more than a little Atlas Shrugged in them.
>>
File: 1482451380901[1].png (308KB, 620x428px)
1482451380901[1].png
308KB, 620x428px
Plasmabolt is definitely in hiding and alive
>only non-movie / non-cape malfunction super missing from Syndrome's kill files
>audio file inadvertently deleted by her electromagnetic aura; hard to track electronically
>obsessed with the outdoors. Secret Identity: Forest Ranger
>adamant about separating hero and civilian identities
waste if they don't use her

Gamma Jack could come back (recton?) as a villian
>>
>>91742197
I mean when they were active. When they were super heroes they worked for the NSA. It's not clear what the NSA did other than monitor them though but it says to keep Universal Man busy so they may have had tasks for them.

Plus if you're going to let them do disaster mitigation then they're going to have a lot of free time to sit around wanting to do other stuff in the meantime. You can't have both.
>>
File: BATGIRLMODEL2.jpg (332KB, 1200x1697px)
BATGIRLMODEL2.jpg
332KB, 1200x1697px
>>91742185
If only she had emergency snaps, dammit! IF ONLY THAT TECHNOLOGY HAD EXISTED!!
>>
>>91742210
>The prom is coming up tonight and Stratogale finally worked up the courage to ask her crush and he said yes
>She has a dress and everything
>Suddenly a distress beacon somewhere and she goes off to save the day, on the way back she sees a passing plane and wants to wave hello because Stratogale loves her fans
>Just gets sucked into the turbine and spit out the other end in chunks
>Later at prom her date feels stood up
>Her two friends from school wonder where she is when they see on the news of Stratogale's death, since they're her close friends and sidekicks they know her identity
>>
>>91742252
>Plus if you're going to let them do disaster mitigation then they're going to have a lot of free time to sit around wanting to do other stuff in the meantime.
Sure but I'm pretty sure he'd rather have that free time for his hobbies or something rather than trying to sell shitty insurance policies. I'm certain he'd prefer that existence to the one he had.
>>
>YFW The Incredibles and Boku No Hero Academia take place in the same world and we get a crossover
>>
>>91741794
>NSA considers reassigning recovered gadgets of dead heroes to new heroes
>Hero who has microscopic vision is an obsessive-compulsive germaphobe
>Gamma Jack is a philandering racial supremacist
>Implies he fucks female villains before killing them
>Gazerbeam is literally Cyclops crossed with Matt Murdock, might be autistic
>Hypershock is a mean drunk, shows up to his interview hungover
>Not!Robin is androgynous, implied to have died on a mission while still a kid
>Meta Man was basically the strongest, coolest, nicest guy ever, died because of an accident with his cape (just like Dollar Bill in Watchmen)
>Phylange is a lovable loser except he's not lovable, he's actually just a loser
>Psycwave used her powers to whore around highschool
>Stratogale was a highschool student despite her death being a slapstick cape gag in the movie
>Thunderhead, another hero who was just a genuinely wonderful guy, died on accident because of his fucking cape, left behind 5 adopted kids, may have been gay
>Universal Man's recording is a parody of that bit in Pumping Iron where Schwarzenegger (Mr. Universe) compares lifting to having sex with a woman and cumming
Holy shit I remember poking around in these as a kid but I definitely don't remember them being this amazing.
>>
>>91742295
Yeah but if you send Mr. Incredible to the site of an earthquake and he's saving people from rubble he's going to see people looting and then he's going to go fight them. Then he's going to want to keep going back because looting is still an issue there and you'll have the same problem. He's just an active superhero. You can't let him do it at all or else he's going to use the latitude to do more. Plus there aren't enough disasters to pay a bunch of superheroes. A lot of their powers won't even be useful for that.
>>
>>91742137
>A novel that's got no action in it, it's just the court case where Mr. Incredible gets sued by that guy who was trying to kill himself
>>
>>91742318
Woah. No that was never implied. He just has trouble killing them because they're pretty.
>>
>>91742345
Whaaat? No man, you clearly didn't hear the part where he has sex with them after he kills them. Dark days, my friend. Dark days indeed.
>>
>>91741808
If he kept me from stopping a crime via threat and gloated about it? Yes. Fuck that asshole
>>
>>91742318
One of the female heroes literally had metaconciousness and existed in multiple dimensions/universes simultaneously. She has to focus to keep agency in any particular reality
>>
Incredibles is the one kids movie I think that you could actually say was "dark and mature". Yes there are plenty of other animated movies that are dark or have dark themes or mature themes but Incredibles could have easily been marketed to adults if we lived in a country that valued animation. You wouldn't even have to change a thing.
>>
>>91742345
>I get these dames, man, these dame villains
>And they got the curves and the hair and the big eyes, and boy...
>those ones are really, really hard to kill.
>Especially the ones, uh, they come up and you know, they're lookin at you and you're lookin at them, and you feel that... that sympatico, you know?
>Like, she's diggin you and you're diggin HER diggin you, and boy...
>you really gotta take a jog around the block real quick!
>You know, sorta get your concentration back, compose yourself
>Cause, you know, you can't get DISTRACTED by these sorta thoughts when you're going up against a supervillain!
>That's one of the hard parts of the jobs, you know, when you come across a dame who's really something to look at
>and you just gotta let her have it
>cause... cause she's a villain

Translation: "When I go up against a hot lady villain who's into me, I gotta tend to my boner before I off her."

Maybe I'm looking too deep into things, but the particular emphasis and stutters he puts on certain words and phrases give me pause.
>>
Man, imagine being Buddy's mom and finding out your son was a homicidal criminal genius who got turned into hamburger by a jet engine.
>>
>>91742392
>You wouldn't even have to change a thing.
I feel like they might have left in that scene where Helen confronts Bob about the hair.
>She outright asks "are you having an affair?"
>He points out the hair is silver
>"YEAH, I SAW AN OLD GRANNY AND JUST HAD TO HAVE HER."
>>
>>91740910
would be the case if not for Syndrome killing 99% of the Supers population that hadn't died from other causes

>>91742159
true, but since it's only mentioned and not something 100% proven like Gazerbeam, it'd be easy for his death to be retconned

>>91741232
yeah it's notable that very few Supers have any form of superhuman durability, which is one reason why they both had a really high mortality rate when they were active, and why Syndrome was able to kill most of them so easily

>>91741017
one idea I had was for a What If, where due to his jet boots malfunctioning, Buddy doesn't interfere with Mr Incredible taking down Bomb Voyage, thus with the lawsuit only being instigated by a single guy who attempted suicide it quickly gets buried before it can cause a cascade effect like it did in canon, thus the Age of Supers never ends
>>
>>91742408
Sounds like he needs to jerk off before fighting them.
You could write a fanfiction about him being a rapist or something like that or amassing a harem of supervillain women trying to propagate the super race.
>>
>>91742304
The Incredibles is what led to the creation of the super hero academy.
People actually trained to deal with a crisis.
>>
>>91742437
>yeah it's notable that very few Supers have any form of superhuman durability
I like that The Incredibles lore has the balls to not give everyone "Enhanced Durability" by default. Imagine how much more compelling cape comics would be if everyone but a few could just straight-up break their arm from falling like 15 feet.

They'd also be a lot harder to write, I bet.
>>
>>91742449
See I didn't read him as a rapist, but more of a black widower/serial user.
>Goes in to fight female villain
>Seduces her because he's confident and good-looking
>Maybe he feeds her some bullshit about how she's tempting him to the dark side/he can see the good and beauty in her
>Makes them feel like they're his Black Cat/Elektra/Catwoman
>The next morning he tosses em out of bed and either vaporizes them or hauls them to jail
>Calls up the NSA and reports another successful mission
>>
>>91740072
Stupid question

How does a firefighter's salary compare to your typical desk job?
>>
>>91742468
Comics have plenty of heroes and villains with enhanced durability, but just like most serialized fiction what they make up for it in plot armor.
>>
>>91742468
It wouldn't be hard to write it would just be a different mindset. Cape comics got to the point there at now because people built up their fanboy fanfiction over times and now all the characters are OP as fuck and it takes a nuke to kill them or else they'll regenerate from a cell or bullshit like that. There are a good amount of non Marvel and DC superhero media that factor in the characters being human.
>>
>>91742468
Sure but we already have people in mainstream movies and shit who walk away from similar falls, when they're just supposed to be ordinary humans.

Even the squishy people are far more durable than in the real world if just because it would be fucking boring otherwise. Even if you can kill anyone you glance at, odds are eventually there will be some gangbanger with a gun that catches you from behind a corner.
>>
>>91742504
I didn't say he was a rapist but you could write him that way easily. And what you came up with is much worse in my opinion.
>>
>Work in aircraft heavy maintenance for about 15 years now.
>Actually seen a man commit suicide by fucking jet engine.

You don't just get sucked in. You get spat out in a chunky, burning cloud of flesh and jet fuel over a 200 foot cone behind the fucker.
>>
>>91742598
Did the force of the wind pick him up? How did he do it? Didn't it break the engine?
>>
>>91742529
Shit, now I really want an old, angry, past-his-prime Gamma Jack in the sequel, clinging desperately to his ideal that he's the ubermensch.

>Gamma Jack just grows up to be a cross between Magneto and The Comedian
>>
>>91742598
It's fine, I'm sure she'll develop a secondary mutation at the last moment.
>>
>>91741020
>black spiderman

so spiderman?
>>
>>91742640
Spiderblack
>>
>>91740697
Anya is cute. Cute!
>>
>>91742629
It's doable. Syndrome is just some mundane asshole who took out a bunch of supers while wanting to elevate all the other normal dickholes on the planet? That shit shall not stand, never again! Time to purge the normies!
>>
>>91742629
>His looks have rapidly faded
>He's covered in radiation burns and other symptoms of radiation overdose
>>
>>91742657
I think it's kinda dumb that Syndrome wasn't considered a super just because he didn't have any tangible power. Someone of that level intelligence should be labeled a super. If that kind of intelligence is supposed to be normal then the world would be a lot more advanced. In the web serial Worm super smart people like that are considered to have powers and they fall under either a Thinker class if they have powers based off of mental thought or a Tinker class if they make gadgets.
>>
File: 1335398102541.jpg (49KB, 450x663px)
1335398102541.jpg
49KB, 450x663px
>>91742652
Yes she is. And thicc.
>>
>>91742664
the rad burns don't make sense (they pretty much shatter his ubermensch thing his powers making him ugly and no it's not ironi), but I'm all for him being old and uglier/barely holding on to a younger aesthetic
>>
>>91742726
>Got deformed while fighting the Omnidroid
>Starting to show symptoms of radiation sickness
>He's getting older and his powers aren't as stable as they once were (same thing with Mr. Incredible's metabolism slowing down/Elastigirl's flexibility becoming more of a chore)
>Pulls the whole "masked/hooded puppet master" thing
>Like Two-Face as The Judge or the Phantom of the Opera
>Tries to eradicate everyone but supers just to justify his denial that he's getting older
And then you could tie it into a sub-plot where Mr and Mrs Incredible are trying to deal with the fact that their kids are now adult heroes and that it might be time for them to willingly retire with dignity and that there's no shame in passing the torch to a younger generation.

>Parents are struggling with the reality that their children are now their own, independent people
>Fearful of that "old, sick lion is replaced by the virile young male" dynamic
>Gamma Jack, all old and scarred and violently in denial is the representation of these fears taken to their extreme
>Movie speaks to adults and parents who feel increasingly inadequate next to their children as they get older

Pottery.
>>
>>91742700
He might have been but Bob was more annoyed with him than anything else, and it WAS a bad time after all.

If only Buddy had tried to be his own hero he might have been accepted but he tried to attach himself to someone else who clearly wasn't into him ... then sort of helped with the shit that got Supers forcibly retired.
>>
>>91742625
storytime gents

>Finish heavy check on 757-200
>Pylon drop, entirely new zero time, Rolls Royce turbines installed.
>Plane just had a flat panel mod done too.
>We're out in front of the blast fence doing engine runs and assorted checks.
>Rather relaxing because you just sit there in the AC and shuffle paperwork, don't have to get dirty.
>See guy walking across the tarmac towards plane.
>Get awfully close, about to call over radio as to what he wants.
>Goes straight for number 1 engine.
>Fuck, he's gonna...
>Every single alert and warning bell that plane can make goes off, along with an enormous pair of bangs.
>Engine 1 is on fire, radio is screaming at us, we're still at max throttle and fuel settings.
>Fuck fuck fuck.
>Pop the bottles, kill fuel, emergency shut down.
>Motherfucker had walked into an engine at max thrust.
>45k RPM with 8 foot titanium turbine blades.
>Wife was leaving him and he was all sad or something.
>engine exhaust spat him all over the floor and blast fence like a fucking shart that gets forced out when you sneeze.
>smell was horrendous
>engine was a total write off
>Had to clean the fucking thing up and reinstall another engine and redo all the fucking checks.
>>
>>91740072
He tried. Every time he got a job that somehow involved saving people, he ended up blowing his cover for the sake of saving people.

Relocation guys got fed up with this eventually, and forced him into an office cab, away from any temptation to help someone. Or so they thought.
>>
File: ah.png (220KB, 557x411px)
ah.png
220KB, 557x411px
>>91742872
You had to clean the viscera yourself?
>>
>>91742872
Yea if geese fuck engines then I can't imagine what a human being does.
>>
Why didn't the military make a secret special forces team of meta-humans?
>>
>>91742899
Even cleaning (especially around the engine and assorted components) has an accepted procedure and chemicals on aircraft and is considered a maintenance task. You don't just hose it down. But, most of his goo was inside the engine anyway so we just dropped the thing and cleaned off what ended up on the wing and housing. Got paid triple that day.
>>
>>91742931
Maybe they did. It would be a secret.
>>
>>91742931
Maybe they did, but they won't tell you about it.
>>
>>91742949
>>91742943
>all those cape related deaths were just covering up for the creation of a new super secret hero team
>>
File: Gazerbeam.jpg (9KB, 282x216px) Image search: [Google]
Gazerbeam.jpg
9KB, 282x216px
>>91740265
Gazerbeam was right.
>>
>>91742943
>>91742949
If they did I'm sure mr incredible would have been asked to join and they would have been dispatched at the end of the movie when the giant robot attacked the city.
>>
>>91741614
>>91741681
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d73WtJlko9E
>>
File: Nic Cage as Norman Osborn.jpg (25KB, 379x355px) Image search: [Google]
Nic Cage as Norman Osborn.jpg
25KB, 379x355px
>>91742872
Is it wrong that I lose a tremendous amount of sympathy for people who kill themselves in ways that inconvenience/traumatize others?

>Can't just do it quietly at home, notifying the authorities beforehand so no one has to "find" you
>Have to step into a jet engine, forcing a bunch of working joes to clean your guts off the tarmac and costing everyone a new jet engine
>Or park your car on the train tracks, injuring the passengers, traumatizing the conductors, and damaging the train
>Or orchestrating a scenario where you get shot by the police, forcing an officer of the law to take your life for you against their will (in addition to whatever shit you pulled to have the police shoot you in the first place)
>Jumping off a roof where any bystander (including children) can see you get turned inside-out when you hit the pavement at terminal velocity

Like, it's horrible that anyone would feel so trapped that suicide seems like the only solution, but people who are too attention-hungry/cowardly to take responsibility for that choice can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>91742990
Mr. Incredible was responsible for the end of the Age of Supers, he wasn't getting asked to join any super secret teams. Besides, poor bastard just got married and was starting a family. Bad time to ask someone to join a team beyond the secrets heroes already live.

Also it's not like there was a whole lot of time after the robot attacked the city. They could also be covert ops for situations where the government needs supers but can't let the world know it has anymore active supers. That was just too public, better to nuke the city and blame it on the Chinese.
>>
>>91743012
Yeah. Those who chose to go out with a fuck you to innocent people are terrible.
>>
>>91743012
Or the cost of a brand new Rolls Royce RB211 757 engine. That's a 15 million dollar exit, and a whole lot of people getting fucked in the process, I didn't have much sympathy for him either.
>>
>>91742962
>Every hero in the "cape" montage is still alive and fighting supervillains in secret as part of an NSA shadow team
>Stratogale had to give up her life and friends at school
>Thunderhead left his children in the care of his "roommate"
>Meta Man was recruited to lead the whole thing
>Meanwhile Splashdown is just off on his own looking for Atlantis
>Dyna-Guy actually did die by accident though
>>
>>91741183

>>TFW you realize this whole situation with the deaths of several of his peers was directly Mr Incredible's fault as a result of being such an ass to young Syndrome.
>>
>>91743117
no it was still syndrome's fault.
>>
>>91743077
Better if they had one of the telepath Supers mindwipe them all. Old identities are just GONE. No attachments, no regrets, just the next mission.
>>
>>91743117
>If you're short-tempered with a kid who keeps disrupting a hostage situation, you're responsible for when they grow up and murder dozens of superheroes with a giant robot on a remote island
>>
>>91743117
But if he'd been an actual dick to Syndrome, he would have let him get blown up and none of it would have happened

So I think the real problem is that he wasn't ENOUGH of a dick to Buddy.
>>
>>91743159
"You didn't really think a bunch of lawsuits brought down the Supers, did you Bob? You thought the government was going to just roll over like that? No, that was just the cover. See, Bob, the truth is that it was the Cold War and the super heroic arms race was itching to be a bigger threat to the world than The Bomb. You know why that is, Bob? It's because The Bomb doesn't think. It doesn't have morals. It doesn't do what it thinks is right. It just does what we tell it to do when we push the button. That's why you all had to go, Bob."
>>
>>91740551
The real plothole is why supervillains stopped existing for so long. You'd think crime would have been a lot more rampant after superheroes were literally outlawed. Say what you will about people set up as a hero's nemesis, but normal supercrime should still have been everywhere.
>>
File: I know kids, I'm scared too.gif (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
I know kids, I'm scared too.gif
1MB, 480x360px
>>91743159
>Mr. Incredible was just a scapegoat used by the government to outlaw superheroes so no one in the super community would get wise to them mind-wiping and weaponizing various high-level superheroes
>With the exception of Splashdown and Dynaguy (who is definitely dead, since they recovered his gauntlets), all the other heroes who died in cape incidents were highly altruistic, eager to help, and generally just loved doing the right thing
>Being polite and trusting, they were prime candidates for re-education
>Supers who didn't work well with others, exhibited instability, or constantly blew their cover were passed over and deemed more trouble than they were worth
>>
>>91743159
>>91743203
>>91743209
It's 5 AM and I'm sitting here wanting to write dark and edgy Incredibles fanfiction.
>>
>>91740810
>The problem came up when they save people who don't want to save and put them in a position to sue them for big money.

Attempted suicide is illegal, so the whole lawsuit is hilariously bullshit.
>>
>>91742411
If I had a son I could only dream of him being that cool.
>>
>>91743232
Do it, anon, I believe in you!
>>
>>91743245
>the whole lawsuit is hilariously bullshit.
That's kinda the point though, innit?
Like, you can get jailtime if you shoot/kill/beat the shit out of someone breaking into your house, so long as they're unarmed.

He tackled the dude through a window and fucked up his neck in the process, so while he DID save him, it was hardly a clean success. Now the dude's suicidal AND in chronic pain. Mr. Incredible did the right thing, obviously, but it's easy to see how he came out of it looking like a meddling jackass when the entire situation kinda sums up the attitude of "these superheroes are showing up when we don't want them to and causing collateral damage without us asking".
>>
>>91743307
The lawsuit being bullshit is the point, yes. But When I say bullshit, I mean "literally could never fly because he would be under forced psychiatric care for attempted suicide".
>>
>>91743321
When he gets out?
>>
You know, I always though that the whole law suit plan was some villainous scheme that just went out of control. Some evil mastermind was pulling the strings so he could get rid of all the superheroes in the world, except when they retired the government stopped playing softball and just took him out. And because of that, all the other villains just sort of gave up over the years, because not only were things not as fun anymore, but the government was now willing to actually deal with them permanently, so they just said fuck it and retired themselves.

I mean, I guess it was because the lawsuits being so successful rubbed me the wrong way, but that's just what I figured, that someone was pulling the strings and making the heroes lose the cases for some evil plan, but they got offed before they could actually go through with it.
>>
>>91743245
>>91743307
>>91743321
>>91743362
personally I figure it only went anywhere because of the bad press Mr Incredible got from the train wreck(and the lawsuit it caused as well), otherwise it would have probably gotten thrown out

>>91743209
>said conspiracy was completely aware of Syndrome's plans, they fed him info on all the Supers they didn't integrate in their plans and let him get rid of them, indeed had the Incredibles and Frozone not stopped the Omni-Droid the conspiracy(we need a name for them) would have deployed their team to stop both it and Syndrome
>>
>>91743012
That's why I'm just going to buy a boat and go out into the gulf of Mexico and blow my brains out. Any records of me owning the boat is '''lost'' so no one wasting their time in a search party and no one knows that I ended it. No muss, no fuss.
>>
Hot damn, there's actually some pretty awesome shit in this thread. I'm impressed.
>>
>>91743577

Don't do it Anon. You could save the money on the boat and leave it to someone important to you. Just wander into the mountains.
>>
>>91743654
What have the mountains ever done to deserve that? At least still go to Mexico.
>>
>>91742505

Their retirement benefits are way better though.
>>
File: badtaxidermy1.png (703KB, 499x613px)
badtaxidermy1.png
703KB, 499x613px
>>91743577
>Leaving a derelict boat floating in the Gulf of Mexico with a dead body inside it
>Not attaching yourself to a dozen weather balloons, floating into the upper atmosphere, asphyxiating, then gracefully descending back to Earth once the helium starts to leak out, your blue and frozen corpse shattering against a port-a-john during a suburban little league game
>>
File: 1457772383062.jpg (163KB, 1280x1207px) Image search: [Google]
1457772383062.jpg
163KB, 1280x1207px
>>91741183

it IS too late. Pixar's glory days are gone.
>>
>>91743654
No, you go to Mexico, spend the money on hookers and blow, then realize life is worth living.

>based on a true story
>>
>>91743208
Without superheroes fighting them on an equal footing, the police and government most likely went the lethal route. Why fight a supervillain when you can just snipe them?
>>
>>91742812
Worried the themes are too similar to Toy Story 3, because this does sound great
>>
>>91742318
>Missing that Gazerbeam caused the Thrilling Three to break up after he was kicked out of the Phantasmics.
>>
>>91744145
Phylange quit he Thrilling Three because he was jealous. His file flat out states that he demands respect he doesn't earn and is selfish, plus the public didn't like him.
>>
>>91744219
>Phylange rigged all those cape deaths because he was jealous
>>
>>91741611
>on Beta force
>low self-esteem
Pottery
>>
>>91743208
Heroes get a relocation Villains get put in the ground
>>
SYNDROME DID NOTHING WRONG HE CLEARLY CARED ABOUT THE AVARAGE PERSON AND WERE NOT PLANNING ON BECOMING SOME SORT OF GODKING.

HE'S A GOOD GUY CAUSE DOWN THE LINE OF HIS PLANS HE'LL MAYBE HELP A FEW PEOPLE.
>>
>>91740072
Bad screenplay and lousy story writer.
That´s why.
>>
>>91744366
>Heroes get a shitty retirement Villains become major campaign contributors and rewarded with jobs in the government

I mean if we're being honest here...
>>
>>91741785
https://youtu.be/d73WtJlko9E

Gamma Jack's at 11:34
>>
>>91742185
That's really dark.
>>
>>91746256
>prone to tyrannical and megalomaniacal impulses
>believes supers to be a superior race
>makes conscious decisions on who is more important to save based on their subjective worth to him
>wants to bone female super villains
>and only feels bad about killing them because they're hot
Gamma Jack sounds like super villain in the making.
>>
>>91740186
>>91740072
Wasn't he in the witness protection program by the government?
>>
>>91742304
>>91742461
Boku no Hero, the Incredibles and.... bare with me.... Sky High handled the superhero society really well.

I'm only hoping Incredibles 2 features some new heroes or maybe some retired ones coming back
>>
>>91740072
Because he can't.

>>91746795
Yes, top secret and if he revealed his secret they wiped the minds of everyone who knew him and paid the company to pretend he never existed.
>>
>>91743012
Think about it this way, if you don't care about your life anymore, why would you give a fuck about anyone else's?
>>
>>91741175
"How are you standing in mid-air?"
"Adrenaline."
>>
>>91742185
>Her parents invite Violet and Dash to warn them about what happened to their daughter
>>
>>91740072
>having super strength, a power that lets you smash through walls
>becoming a firefighter, a profession where you probably wouldn't want to smash through walls most of the time
>>
>>91740186
>Why didn't he become an Olympic weightlifting champion?

I can think of at least five things that make this a bad idea.
>>
File: 1488460637911.jpg (70KB, 530x530px)
1488460637911.jpg
70KB, 530x530px
>>91749007
>Sky High
oh lord
>>
>>91740551
To be fair, Syndrome killed a good portion of the superhero population.
>>
>>91749007
Sky High was pretty good. Another Disney movie that handled Super Societies well was Up, Up and Away in my honest opinion.
>>
>>91740780
The Suicide Squad.
>>
>>91740971
>radiation powers
>megalomaniac tendencies
>second strongest after Mr. Incredible
>believes supers to be a superior race

wew lad how is it even possible to be this evil
>>
>>91742318
No it doesn't, you just like to add your own disgusting deviancy to everything, like how you get people who are obsessed with trying to add rape into everything.
>>
>>91749947
What's wrong with Sky High?
>>
>>91741611
>near black hole density

Either he remains at the same mass while shrinking and growing or he can increase his mass to just under 1.68e26 kg which is about 28 earth masses.

>tests limits of power
>"falls" to the center of the earth and pull the moon out of orbit
>>
File: loleando.png (944B, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
loleando.png
944B, 500x438px
Daily reminder that Syndrome is actually a Super, his power being Super Intellect

>be a kid
>be able to build rocket boots and other shit
>he was so stupid he didn't realize he was a Super

I find the whole thing very ironic
>>
>>91751055
>Super Intellect
>is still pretty stupid
>>
>>91751134
He lacked common sense. You know a villain is going to fail when they treat their own people like shit, that's just begging to be betrayed.
>>
>>91751134
Yes, it happens
>>
>>91751134
High INT, low WIS
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (8KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
8KB, 320x180px
>>91743000
>Elastigirl
>Smallest indestructibility
>>
>>91744402
>we need to re-locate this indestructible super strength guy so he can't be found, mind wiping all the witnesses and giving him a new identity is fucking expensive
>he's already blown his cover several times because he can't stop using his powers to save people
>lol I know let's put him in a job that involves saving people where he'll be found out in less than a year
>the exact same thing he did in the movie that got his wife pissed because it would mean another re-location

are you baiting or genuinely that retarded
>>
>>91743012
I get where you're coming from, but a lot of the time, suicide is just a cry for help. You'll hear all these stories from people who survived jumping off a bridge who admit that they regretted it immediately. Like, the moment they lost contact with whatever they were standing on, they realized they fucked up.

Mind you, it's not because they're narcissists who just want attention. They just desperately want to matter. Whether they realize it or not, they want someone to run up and pull them to safety.

Don't know how many of them sue the people who save them, though. The guy Mr Incredible saved seemed kind of like a douche
>>
>>91751489
I mean, dude could just ask Mr Incredible to punch his head off or something
>>
>>91751134
being intelligent does not mean "makes all the best decisions ever and never fucks up", it just means you can learn things a little easier than most. CAN, not always DO. None of that precludes you doing some seriously stupid shit.

It's like thinking a fucking tech startup CEO is somehow more qualified than most to weigh in on some hot-button topic that has fuckall to do with his field of expertise.
>>
>>91743232
Is this gonna be one of those times where the fans write a better sequel than the actual writers?

Brad Bird are you lurking
>>
>>91751511
Would a superhero be down with assisted suicide? What would be the best power for that?
>>
>>91743208
>>91744021
>>91743384
The superheroes in >>91743000
were talking about straight up murdering any supervillains they encountered, so I assume most supervillains were already in the ground. It doesn't help that most of the supers seems to be highly amoral.
>>
>>91751055
The issue is that Mr.Incredible should have fucking taken him to the NSA or at least talked to his parents. The kid was developing High-grade shit at a young age and just leaving him to his devices was terrible.
>>
>>91751728
Whoever the fuck can do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a2oMKrnslw
>>
File: 1389891261673.png (3MB, 1920x808px)
1389891261673.png
3MB, 1920x808px
>>91752029
The whole thing could have been diffused if Mr Incredible just told him to develop his skills until he's old enough. How hard is it to say that he can't risk a child's safety and that hero work isn't the fantasy Buddy thought it was? Buddy obviously thought being a hero was just some kind of game where nothing bad ever happens.
>>
File: incredible.jpg (68KB, 1061x762px) Image search: [Google]
incredible.jpg
68KB, 1061x762px
>>91740072
What if the fire department sends us someplace where there's not a fire? What if we see a fire starting and the department won't send us to fight it? We may not be perfect, but the safest hands are still our own.
>>
>>91752222
Thanks to the convenient YouTube comp of all Incediboy scenes in the movie, it's clear that Bob thought that Buddy was just a fan and didn't take him seriously at all. He didn't actually see Buddy use the boots until Bomb Voyage or whoever threw a bomb on his cape as Buddy flew away.

Then after that, supers were outlawed.
>>
File: beautiful.png (308KB, 512x512px)
beautiful.png
308KB, 512x512px
>>91742304
>Incredibles, Boku No Hero and Sky High all take place in the same universe
>>
>>91740551
It was a metaphor, probably.
>>
>>91751728
A telepath; he just shuts off your brain without pain. It's clean, it's efficient, it's painless; it's perfect.
The only other one I can think of would be disintegration so you don't even have to deal with a body.
>>
>>91751134
He literally could kill every super in the planet with his zero point shit, he was too OP, his autism is what stopped him from becoming a world leader.
>>
File: 1491732240012.gif (3MB, 440x318px) Image search: [Google]
1491732240012.gif
3MB, 440x318px
>>91740072
His govt most likely chose the job that most likely wouldn't have need for such powers to be used in public.

>Now more importantly, lets discuss the mum.
>>
>>91752971
he was in his way to become world leader tough, he was just going to work behind scenes controlling the entire humanity at will and watching the world burning.
>>
>>91751055
being a child prodigy =/= having superpowers
>>
Haven't seen a thread with this much substance since that thread when someone brought up the fact that Stratogale's death probably contributed to resentment of Superheroes and probably had her funeral picketed.
>>
>>91749007
Sky High is one of Disney's most underrated movies.
It's a 10/10 parody of 80's highschool movies, a damn good superhero movie on its own, and has fucking Kurt Russell.
>>
>>91753191
Child prodigies don't build rocket boots bro. He created technology that defeated multiple supers, that should be enough to show he isn't just regular smart.
>>
>>91750510
>Not reading between the lines
Yes, and Elastigirl DEFINITELY didn't think Bob was having an affair when she found that hair on his uniform.
>>
>>91753439
>Child prodigies don't build rocket boots bro
Apparently they do in this universe.
>>
>>91743012
Suicide isn't committed with a sober mind or in a clear consciousness. You're treating choosing the way of suicide as a deliberate choice while talking about people that are off the deep end to the point where they can realistically take their own life. Having ill feelings towards them is about as meaningful as hating the wild animals that jump under cars.

If anything it should provoke pity.
>>
>>91753427
I keep confusing this movie with that other Disney film that had a similar plot. I think it was called Up,Up, and away.
>>
>>91753497
I feel like there has to be some element of planning to it though, you know?
It'd be one thing if someone just decided "fuck it" and stepped in front of a bus, but parking your car on some train tracks or committing suicide by cop requires some deliberation.

It's a tragedy that some people would ever even see that as an option, but you lose massive amounts of brownie points if you involve innocent bystanders in a massive decision that is all your own.

It's like if an addict shoots up a convenience store because they need money; it's a damn shame they're in such a low place and that they can't get the help they need, but they spent their last moments doing a deliberately awful thing to people who had no stakes in the situation whatsoever. Like that Facebook killer guy. He just wanted to end it because he was sad about his ex and his mom, so he decided to murder that old man on Easter. It sucks that dude was in so much pain, but I've got zero sympathy for someone who uses their own pain as justification to inflict pain on others.
>>
>>91753427
It also had one of the most underrated villains of all time with easily the most badass villain plan ever conceived which was to turn all of the greatest heroes in the world into babies and raise them to become super villains so she can rule the world with an army of evil metahumans
>>
File: AHAHAHAHA GOOD SHOW.jpg (9KB, 206x251px) Image search: [Google]
AHAHAHAHA GOOD SHOW.jpg
9KB, 206x251px
>Incredibles Thread
>It isn't just Shadman art and hypno-shit
>>
>>91753496
That's a bit tautological. The Incredibles universe is very much set in the real world, depressingly so at times, with the exception of supers and even they are treated much more realistically than they are often portrayed in other comic book universes. See all the previous talk about the deaths of so many supers to relatively mundane things in this very thread.

Child prodigies in the real world can't make the technology Buddy demonstrated, the only difference between the real world and the Incredibles world is the existence of supers in the latter. More advanced technology exists in the Incredibles universe than in ours, it is a much simpler explanation to say that the previously brought up difference, the existence of supers, is responsible for this difference in technology levels than to introduce another source of difference especially when that source amounts to "the tech is better just because" with no underlying explanation why.

Therefore I think it's a much more reasonable explanation that Buddy was in fact a super, one with super intelligence or super engineering.
>>
>>91743577
>No muss, no fuss.
Except any loved ones you may have would never get any closure with the situation, as you just vanished into nowhere if things go as you plan.

In fact it would probably just traumatize them more, an unexplained disappearance haunting them for the rest of their lives. You might even end up on one of those paranormal investigation shows.

On both of my attempts to kill myself I just went out into the woods with a gun, figuring that it would be better for a search party to find me there than it would for my family to come home to a blood and gore splattered bathroom.

I didn't go through with it, obviously, being a massive pussy.
>>
>>91753706
>The villain got turned into a baby before the main character was even born, raised by her henchman, attends high school and tries to fuck her nemesis' kid for revenge
>Bruce Campbell was the coach, Lynda Carter was the principal
>Kids are segregated into different classes based on how cool their powerset is
>Glow in the dark wigger, goth girl who can turn into a guinea pig, and nerd who can melt
>Modestly hot best friend who wears a lot of green and has a plant motif
This movie was fucking rad.
>>
File: 1456572401448.png (166KB, 268x355px) Image search: [Google]
1456572401448.png
166KB, 268x355px
>>91742270
>SJW hipster batgirl
>>
>>91740926
Tomorrowland was garbage though. Even he couldn't save it.
>>
>>91753746

I've always thought this. Dude was totally super smart, but that didnt register with their culture, which focused on more outwardly apparent supers.
>>
>>91754216
You'd rather she face the jet engine? You sick bastard.
>>
>>91740729
>And the provocation was that he was getting dressed down for being terrible at his job

Actually he was being dressed down for being very very good at his job.
>>
>>91740910
The Incredibles parents thought the baby didn't have powers so it's possible for super-super to not pass down the gene.
>>
>>91754529
Not from the point of view of the boss. And that's, I think, the point. This was the straw the broke the camel's back after years of dissatisfaction and having to repress his heroic urges, despite some recent outlets. But this moment represented everything that was eating away at him and ultimately being asked to choose a profit hungry soulless corporation over helping people. It was the antithesis of everything he was as a hero. It was, in Bob's world, asking him to behave like a villain.

Does this justify what he did? Hell no, he could have easily killed that man. However it does, I think, explain why he snapped.
>>
>>91754567
It could be said to be rarer in this instance, one out of three "failure" to be Super, but honestly we don't have enough datapoints to extrapolate anything meaningful from this other than that it's possible for Supers to produce non-Supers.
>>
>>91754647
Especially since in this case they were three for three, but may have been extremely lucky. It's like the percentage of babies a couple has that are a particular gender. 50/50, right, one or the other? But that's not the way it works in real life. Just ask Henry the 8th's wives. Especially since it was his fault.
>>
>>91751424

She may stretch nad bounce back, which would probably prevent blunt force trauma, but she can still be torn or burned. Being stretchy ain't gonna do jack shit against knives, guns, or explosives. As soon as the bad guys do anything else but hit her, she's no harder to kill then a regular joe smoe.
>>
>>91743706
You'll float into the ocean and cause big polution
>>
>>91743853
But have to live with a shortened and less fun life because of all the STDs you got.
>>
>>91754961
>Being stretchy ain't gonna do jack shit against knives, guns, or explosives.
That depends, right? Stab someone and you just shove their body. Same with bullets. Imagine a Wile E. Coyote trap using a rubber sheet to stop the Road Runner. It can somehow get through but everything he tries including a missile just stretches the sheet to a certain extent and then gets reflected back at him.

Not saying she does, but elasticity power could have that, sure. Jake the Dog is probably one of the more extreme examples. Mister Fantastic, though he can be damaged, has a fairly good track record against knives and bullets. As for Helen her suit is, I would imagine, rather resistant as most of what was made for them. It wouldn't be HER powers, sure, but definitely complimentary.
>>
>>91743012
Well, being depressed enough to be suicidal and also being resentful towards life and the world to the core if your being aren't mutually exclusive. They tend to feed into each other.

I see what you're saying, but at least those people aren't shooting up or stabbing other people before they take their own life, because that's what truly evil people do.
>>
>>91744367
You think he would have given that shit away for free? No waty.
>>
>>91743117
Do you not know what personal responsibility is?
>>
>>91755382
I want morally reversed Tony Stark to leave and never return.
>>
>>91754567
Speaking of Jack-Jack. I have a theory surrounding that fucker. Hear me out.

What if Jack-Jack's power is to steal or adapt to the powers of other supers like Rogue from X-Men? and all the powers he demonstrated were powers from supers who were friends with Bob and Helen that held him during get-togethers?

>The eye beam power Jack-Jack showed in Jack-Jack attack belonged to Gazer Beam
>Jack-Jack most likely has the powers of his parents, siblings and Frozone
>Jack-Jack learns how to combine powers like flaming up while using his mother's stretching abilities
>Jack-Jack grows up to becoming one of the most powerful supers in existence
> Then he becomes a power hungry super villain bent on becoming the most powerful by taking everyone's powers
>>
>>91752285
The hobo suit is so much better than Edna's redesign. I wish she could see that.
>>
>>91753191
I bet you think Iron Man doesn't have superpowers
>>
>>91755617

I personally don't agree with your explanation for his power set, because it doesn't explain several of the abilities he is shown to posses, and because in the instance of say gazerbeam, he never actually met the guy so he couldn't have gotten his powers. Bob said he hadn't seen Gazerbean in years, and Jacks an infant. No way in hell.

Him being the villain, i can see though.
Actually I've seen that theory bandied about here on /co/ before.
>>
>>91754567
I doubt they knew how it worked.
>>
>>91755261

Mr. Fantastic has bullshit plot armor. Ditto the dog. Incredible universe operates on a lot less plot armor, we can't necessarily apply feats from other characters to characters in this universe. Though by that token I cannot entirely disregard your argument either. Never the less I stand by what I say, stretching does not change the fact that a knife has a sharp edge. You are correct that if the surface stretches out of the way it could perhaps prevent their from being enough pressure exerted by the knife to cut, but that would require it to move out of the way very rapidly, and i just see it as far more likely that the knife would slice before she would stretch.
>>
>>91755617
He could just come up with powers/had every power. Maybe if supers get together there is a chance that a super super like Jack Jack can be made which would explain why the government didn't want that. Or maybe he just hadn't settled on a power.
>>
>>91753484
>established cliche of a mid-life crisis affair
>vs autistic headcanon based on a fucking MEGALOMANIAC lamenting that he has to murder female villains "digging him"

You realize that he has radiation powers based on proximity and they know he's trying to kill them? He's popular with the ladies but not fucking suicidally retarded popular.
>>
>>91740971

>white supervillain wanting to make superheroes great again
>Trump haircut

NO
>>
>>91752988
That tit jiggle always gets me.
>>
>>91755825
>Incredible universe operates on a lot less plot armor, we can't necessarily apply feats from other characters to characters in this universe.
Do you REALLY believe that? For lesser characters sure, but for the main characters? You seriously think they don't have massive plot armor?
>>
File: 1469312847023.jpg (26KB, 480x853px) Image search: [Google]
1469312847023.jpg
26KB, 480x853px
>>91752988
her tits bounce, Jesus they didnt NEED to animate that. but they did god bless them
>>
>>91756558
A woman animated that s
>>
>>91756558
>>91756773
They/she has good tastes
>>
>>91756273

Shhhh, don't poke holes in my bullshit argument about pseudo science in a children's cartoon with surprisingly mature undertones.
>>
>>91740971
how exactly did this guy kill two omnidroids with... what, radiation powers? you can't give robots radiation poisoning
>>
>>91758411

Ain't you never seen no ray beams before? Radiation is just energy, if the dude could put out enough radiation he'd be able to melt the damn things and leave behind glowing slag..
>>
>>91758411
Gamma Radiation can fry electronics really easily(even before we get into what >>91758629 mentions regarding Gamma Jack amping it up high enough to melt the bastard), Syndrome probably had to spend a lot of time and money coming up with radiation shielding strong enough to both protect the electronics and be heat resistant enough to not melt into slag from Gamma Jack's abilities(which is probably why the Omnidroid Mr Incredible fights is able to take a dip in lava with no damage)
>>
>>91752988
What would you like to discuss?
>>
>>91758411
>you can't give robots radiation poisoning
Electronics have to be hardened to operate in environments with radiation. If nothing else he could burn out the cameras and other sensors, which can only be shielded so much and still work.
>>
>>91740072
because he missed being a superhero so much. If he got a firefighter job, he will miss his superhero job too much.
>>
>>91741738
The super heroes didn't pull their punches though. All four family members murder a ton of Syndrome's goons throughout the movie, and in the audio logs people like Gamma Jack and Stormicide casually talk about how they kill people, pretty horrifically too.
>>
>>91759795
to be fair that was a different sort of situation, the kids didn't have near enough experience to be realistically able to pull their punches (especially Dash would have no idea that the guy he punched at mach 2 isn't just knocked out, but instead dying of massive internal trauma) and the parents were protecting their children, which would make them significantly less likely to be considerate of their opposition

and even then Bob couldn't a helpless but not innocent woman, though if he had gotten his hands on Syndrome himself I'm pretty sure his head would've gone pop
>>
>tfw kids born the year this came out are now teenagers.

Fuck I feel old.
>>
>>91760737

Don't remind me.
>>
>>91741175
>>91749748
I'd just say I ate a lot of vegetables.
>>
File: Kneecaps.jpg (46KB, 855x813px)
Kneecaps.jpg
46KB, 855x813px
>>91760737
>>91760767
The only thing worse than being reminded you're aging is being reminded you've gotten nowhere. Scratch that; it's being reminded you've gotten somewhere then got knocked down a few pegs.
>>
>>91760827
>tfw i can't even remember what year you left college
>I sometimes can't even remember doing anything between then and now
I'm worried
>>
>>91753515
Up, Up, and Away was arguably better in that the main character has to deal with the fact that he's not just a late bloomer and is legit never getting powers. Ever. So he actually has to grow emotionally.

YFW the two situations each main character had to face are, together, a metaphor for the expectations of young white and black males.
>>
>>91742461
It would be cool as fuck if it were just the two different ways America/Japan dealt with the issue. Japan came together and built a robust registration/training system whereas America let individuals succeed/fail on their own merits (by way of Congressional gridlock precluding any sort of formal system until lawmakers couldn't ignore the effects of vigilantism).

There's a line in the MHA spinoff about how America is a lot looser with power-enhancing drugs, too.
>>
I'd like to see some kind of mini-series about a retired villain in a post-supers world.
>>
>>91761520
I really wish they made a comic focusing on the Golden Age of Superheroes.
>>
>>91740099
This. It's much harder to hide when you have to be physical all the time. Let's say the situation arrives where he needs to lift an entire car, is he going to just not do it? "Adrenaline" only goes so far.
>>
Hey, wait a minute. So Mr. Incredible was able to defeat the Omnidroid first time, so Syndrome fixed the design. But then they just did the same thing at the climax of the movie, so what, did Syndrome just not do the right modifications?
>>
>>91751134
If he wasn't there'd be no movie. Syndrome was extremely tech savvy, but his ego got in the way of his own success.
>>
>>91762106
What's the time period between the first and second seen in the movie? Wonder if he could have actually
>>
Only semi-related, I downloaded the score to this recently cause it got stuck in my head after watching it for the first time in several years. I didn't remember half the dialogue, especially anything said by Mirage. Got a new appreciation for it by rewatching after all this time.
>>
Reading this thread reminds I should get around to watching The Incredibles
>>
>>91762106
MAybe he fixed the AI so it wouldn't be so stupid as to do what it did to itself the first time which is why it was also smart enough to recognize that Syndrome's remote gauntlet was dismantling it.
So the idea it's the only thing that can penetrate its own armor wasn't undone but the tactic of forcing it to tear itself to bits wass.
>>
>>91762106
Well I assume the changes he made involved it being programmed to not blindly stab itself with it's own claws. It also seemed to be faster and more intelligent.

Mr. Incredible ultimately defeated the omnidroid by being too fast for it to track, and then outsmarting it. The final omnidroid was considerably faster, and seemed a lot more intelligent, even recognizing Syndrome's remote as it's own weakness.

Also Mr. Incredible was able to rip off it's head, the upgraded one's head was substantially larger and more difficult to rip off.
>>
>>91740072
Ask that the dipshits in the government, who assign him these shit jobs.
I assume initially they were jealous and took their frustrations out on him, but after years passed, it's basically: They have a shitty deadend job, so why should they get him a good one.
>>
>>91740072

I don't get why the boss was so adamant against HELPING people like that little old lady who really needed it.

Kinda the whole point of insurance.
>>
>>91755400

Do you not know what treating someone like shit is?
>>
>>91743156

Syndrome wasn't the one who shat on a little boy who only wanted to help the one man he most admired in the world.

Kick a dog, expect to get bit.
>>
>>91762353
Something somthing Jews
>>
>>91743164

>>Someone on 4Chan lacks empathy

No shock there
>>
>>91743117
>>91762475
being rude to a kid who is getting in the way of serious work > murdering a ton of people
um i hope this is bait and you arent really this dumb
>>
>>91762353
........... Damn, son. That is not the way it works in the real world. I'm not mocking you but insurance companies lose money when they pay on a claim so they tend to be extremely hesitant. It can be an exceptionally scummy business.
>>
>>91762552
Never underestimate /co/'s retardation.
>>
>>91752988

I dont get why the entire family has to conform to Mr Incredible's style of costume, instead of being allowed to have their own individual ones
>>
>>91762732
>why the entire family has to conform to Mr Incredible's style of costume
cause edna made them without their permission or knowing? its not like she called and asked for color ideas, she made them as a set
>>
>>91762353
Insurance companies make money by fucking you over. The idea was that Bob, someone who wants to help the little guy, was in a job where you are rewarded for stitching people.
>>
>>91762353
>I don't get why
Anon, you do know you're supposed to be 18 or older to use this site? >>91740072
There are a lot of ethical shit that comes up in this movie, but is never fully addressed because kids movie and shit.
>>
I figured if there was going to be an Incredible's sequel, the villain would be the Underminer. Like the end of the first movie set up.
>>
>>91762842
pretty sure i read the game deals with that, so really the sequel would be some time in the future and not actually deal with him at all
>>
>>91740072
That would defeat the purpose of blending in you idiot.
>>
why did they even bother putting supers into jobs?

they could have just given them money every year to live in some small town in Kansas and keep out of trouble.
>>
>>91763122
So they can still contribute to society.
>>
>>91762755
Edna was my favorite character. She was such a perfect blend of professional businesswoman and enthusiastic superhero culturist.

I'd love to hear her backstory. She's obviously well connected in the super community, and likely knew many of them on a first name basis. She probably even had a costume of her own when she was younger and in the thick of dealing with outfitting bombastic crimefighters. She wasn't going out and fighting, but if you're that heavily involved with the people who are, you might as well look like you fit in, right? She probably loved having the excuse to dress up.

That plus the rather impressive technology she apparently has access to implies that Edna's seen and probably done some serious shit.
>>
>>91763495
this is something i didnt know i wanted till you said it
>>
>>91749748
Hey man, adrenaline can do some super shit
A fatty lifted a crashed helicopter up to save his friend that was underneath, all thanks to adrenaline
>>
>>91762580

Or their lack of empathy.
>>
File: uughhh.png (513KB, 626x478px)
uughhh.png
513KB, 626x478px
>>91746256
It's always been a little sad to me that most of these supers are dead. They all sound so wacky, fun and charismatic I would watch a movie with every single one of them in the lead. Or at least a single movie with just a few of them to avoid another cinematic universe.
>>
>>91764840
you can empathize and still not agree
kid was a nuisance and nearly got himself killed because he butt into a situation he was not suited for. He could have approached Bob at the end of some kinda super hero stunt or something instead of getting involved mid battle.
>>
>>91751551
Intelligence is just raw processing (theoretically). It doesn't have anything to do with what's called intuition, i.e., the ability to use that processing power for productive means. I've heard it analogized as a flashlight: if the brightness is intelligence and intuition is the spread, then you can have the brightest flashlight around, and it's still useless unless the light has a wide enough spread and you know where to point it.

This is part of why a lot of the people in MENSA live fairly unremarkable lives: they're good at processing/remembering information, but they're not so good at applying it.
>>
>>91742197
Isn't that the plot of civil war?
>>
>>91762755
Plus I'm sure it made sense for her since they shared his last name. Makes sense as a team theme from a design perspective.

Plus yeah without any other input she was just experimenting, getting into her groove to see what she could come up with for their powerset. The red and ! was just an aesthetic, not the meat of her creation, the true challenge she craved.
>>
>>91766810
mhmm
i am nodding in agreement but have nothing more to say
>>
>>91763122
A number of reasons. Oh sure they could have trusted them to take on secret identities on their own, that was part of their business, but they wanted to both keep track of the heroes and, in a way, make them rely on the government. So, yeah, basically control.

>Anon, you do know you're supposed to be 18 or older to use this site?
In anon's defense maybe he's never had to deal with insurance, which makes him damn lucky. But yeah anyone who has seen the government struggle over just medical insurance should detect a trend, then there's all the commercials for, "Insurance companies want someone who will settle so our lawfirm, they know we'll fight in court for you!" But who deals with commercials these days, right?

Tempting to bring up the struggle over the ACA, but yeah it's very possible there are 18+ who don't remember what it was like when insurance companies could deny you for pre-existing conditions and now much leverage they had in denying coverage. Hardly perfect but it won't get better by giving the profit driven corporations free reign again that's fro damn sure.
>>
>>91767438
I'm imagining someone like Mister Fantastic stuck working for Big Pharma shouting, "I just invented a single pill that can cure any cancer!" and they keep saying, "No no no, we don't want CURES, we want expensive palliatives! If you want to cure it at least stretch it out over years of expensive treatments! Say 10,000 a pill?"
>>
>>91767662
THis is how heroes get pushed off the edge and turn into villains
>>
>>91762288
I would agree, the upgrades, beyond just size, were likely self-preservation AI rather than just blind pursuit.
>>
>>91762411
Telling a child that he can't fight terrorists is treating them like shit.
>>
That was a nice thread.
>>
>>91771726
These threads will be better when the sequel drops.
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.