[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any comics or cartoons where Hades/Pluto is not evil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 25

File: 1997-hades-01.jpg (106KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
1997-hades-01.jpg
106KB, 500x299px
Are there any comics or cartoons where Hades/Pluto is not evil?
>>
Azzarello's Wonder Woman... sort of.
>>
>>91729791
Thanks, it's on the looooong likes of comics I want t read when I'll have time.
(I was afraid first reply would be Mickey's Dog)
>>
>>91729775
Its weird that for all the nice guy death gods/pshycopomps in modern works (Prattchett and Gaiman's Deaths for example) Hades doesn't get any love. You'd think the people on Tumblr who can get off on anything would be all over how 'misunderstood' he is.
>>
>>91729791
>Azzarello Hades
>not evil
An Azz-fag being retarded. What a surprise.
>>
>>91729775

Well there is a shitload of recent works that portray almost all of the Greek gods, especially Zeus, as tyrannical assholes.
>>
>>91729952
So it's accurate?
>>
>>91729775
Class of the Titans
>>
The Percy Jackson cartoon that exists in my mind.
>>
>>91729775

Not that I can think of. Which is a shame really. Persephone aside, Hades was actually one of the nicest greek dieties, and even then he treated her better than most of the other gods treated their conquests.
>>
>>91732594
He's the sperg brother who was given the shittiest cut of the conquest of titans. Isn't he also the most faithful of the main gods?
>>
>>91729775
Not animated, but I remember him being a chill dude in Xena and Hercules: The Legendary Journeys back in the day.
>>
>>91732594
>Nicest
It's more a tallest midget kind of deal
>>91732712
He's pretty much the cold businessman cliche. He was the most honorable of the Gods though. He was interested in doing his job and wouldn't just dick you over for a petty slight thanks to his lack of emotion.
>>
>>91732712
he got the largest cut, it honestly looks like Zeus wound up screwed over compared to the other two
>>
>>91732851
All realms had their perks. Being Skyfather makes you god of gods and gives you the ultimate high ground. God of the Sea is the limitless bounty of the sea. God of the Underworld is all the riches of the Earth.
The guy with the biggest beef seemed to be Poseidon though. Zeus had the capability to be cool, Poseidon was Dick of the Sea all the time.
>>
>>91729775
When Meggan of Excalibur was trapped in Hell, Pluto helped her stage her revolt against Blackheart and the other Hell Lords

She carved her own little piece of paradise in Hell and when she left she gave it Pluto to become Elysium
>>
>>91732851

Got the shit job, he just made the most of it, as compared to his brothers who got better jobs, but just fucked around all the time.

>>91732804

Nice is relative. He didn't just go around fucking people over like most of the others did. As far as polytheistic dieties fo he was pretty damn good.

>>91732712

If by faithful you mean he didn't cheat on his wife as much and pop out demigods? Yes. If by faithful you mean faithfull in his dealings and possessed of integrity ? Yes.
>>
>>91729775
does this count?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ije2WDJttrc
>>
File: greek-gods-vector.jpg (82KB, 700x490px) Image search: [Google]
greek-gods-vector.jpg
82KB, 700x490px
So, who was the biggest asshole?
>>
>>91732998
>but just fucked around all the time.
Icy what you did there.
>>
>>91733197
Hera.
>>
>>91733197

Zues. Is this even a question? What's next , you'll tell me how Odin was a nice guy?
>>
>>91733285
There was still Poseidon and Ares
>>
>>91733319

Alright you have a point. Though I don't know if I think Ares could compete with Posiedon or Zues for title of biggest asshole. Those two got featured in the myths a lot more frequently, and they fucked up a lot.
>>
>>91733279

She was a bitch, this is true, but at least she had her reasons and wasn't just fucking with people for no reason.
>>
>>91733197
>Hefesto
>>
Mine.
>>
>>91733197
Zeus duh

Hephaestus was bro
>>
>>91733545
>Beta god of Betas
Nah
>>
>>91733197
Hera. Zeus was a womanizer, but she was a bitch that blamed it on the women and children.
>>
>>91733567
I don't recall Hephaestus being a dick and fucking with people for no reason all the time

All he wanted to do was make neat stuff all day
>>
>>91732594
>Hades was actually one of the nicest greek dieties

Actually, most people didn't liked him or even pronounced his name.

He was seeing as a creepy killjoy.
>>
File: hades.png (243KB, 472x671px) Image search: [Google]
hades.png
243KB, 472x671px
>>91729775
why all the writers gotta be hatin' on hades
>>
>>91733616
He wasn't a dick, he was a meekling with a limp who spent all his time making things because he wasn't allowed to leave his hole underground.
>>
>>91733319
At least Poseidon was a dick to people of the surface who pranced into his oceans, acting like they belonged there rather than being a dick to his own subjects like Zeus was.
>>
>>91733197
Hermes was definitely the most annoying. Smug little shit.
>>
>>91732398
The way that sentenced turned bruised my soul.
>>
>>91734050

I wonder why the Lord of the Underworld makes a natural villain for an audience from a Christian culture.
>>
>>91734061
Who fucked a lot of bitches and was married to Aphrodite.

>But anon he was a cuck because Ares

Aprhodite cheated on him with Ares and he made a net and caught them fucking and dragged them naked up to Olympus and had everyone laugh at them. Then Ares had to pay for cheating.
>>
I want a comic about Hades life in the Underworld with his wife Persephone and their daily lives.
>>
It's not strictly /co, but the Hades from Hercules the Legendary Journeys was by and large a fair and semi Impartial Judge of the Dead. He offered Herc boons for helping matters that affected both the mortal realms and afterlife, same with Xena, and while he DID kidnap Persephone, it was played up as a moment of passion after he'd been moderating souls alone for some and he did offer her a chance to go back...I think.
>>
>>91736330
*for eons. Damn my autocorrect
>>
>>91729888
If he was not so incredibly obscure, Finland's death god and his extended family are almost perfectly out of a Tim Burton claymation film.
>>
>>91732712
His cut includes all the wealth within the earth, he is the richest of the gods.
>>
>>91732929
Yea Poseidon was the one who was most likely to just outright kill off his own followers because bored, or sink while islands and civilizations because one person in it pissed him off.
>>
Guys list some ancient greek /co/ stuff. i.. I'm just a /his/-anon desperate for some relevant entertainment.
>>
Area wasn't all bad. Was in the first trial ever, for killing one of Poseidon's son for raping or attempting to rape his daughter.

He was acquitted.
>>
DC made a God of War comic.

And surprisingly, Hades wasn't that bad.
>>
>>91737013
There's not really anything out there that's particularly accurate. I like Azz's Wonder Woman run. Recent Hercules stuff.
>>
>>91733197
Athena.
>How dare you get raped! Enjoy being a snake monster, bitch!
>How dare you weave better than me?! Now you're a spider! Fuck you!
>>
>>91738812
...Yeaaaaaahhh... Athena had some of her dad's dickery when it came to ruining lives, but apart from these two situations, the only thing else you can really only get her on charges for is her part is causing the Trojan war. ...Which is still a HUGE fucking responsibility to bear but compared to Zeus raping every other lady in existence and being a tyrant at times, Poseidon drowning everybody and hounding Odysseus for not paying homage to the gods for helping the Greeks win a war *they* started in the first fuck place, she only has a few moments of God-dickery.

Putting aside the Persephone situation, at worst, Hades got mad when two assholes showed up to re-kidnap his wife, came up with ironic punishments for a handful of evil men (including Sisyphus who personally screwed over and humiliated Hades himself) and didn't just give Orpheus back his bride after the dude walked into the Underworld armed with only a lyre and an epic musical number.

He's a freaking saint compared to the rest of the pantheon.
>>
Has Pan ever fucked over mortals? I think the worst he ever did was get a bit too touchy feely while drunk with human men and woman.
>>
>>91739301
>hounding Odysseus for not paying homage to the gods for helping the Greeks win a war *they* started in the first fuck place
Poseidon hounded Odysseus because Odysseus blinded Poseidon's cyclopean son and bragged abut it. Now the cyclops was going to eat him and his crew, so that was self denfense, but only after Odysseus and the crew violated the rules of hospitality which used to be a much bigger deal.
>>
>>91729775
No, because muh Satan analogue.
>>
>>91729888
Tumblr would hate Hades because he kidnapped a girl and forced her to marry him. Then the kidnapping victim rubbed salt in the wound by falling for him and becoming a devoted wife. He is maximum problematic
>>
>>91739933
Depending on the version told Persephone is really glad to get away from her overbearing/overprotective mother.
>>
>>91739301

T be fair he gave Orpheus a chance. It's Orpheus's fault for failing to uphold his end of the deal and distrusting Hades.
>>
>>91733486
Heracles has something to tell you.
>>
>>91733545
Hefestus is R9K
>>
>>91740544
He ended up with Stacy/Aphrodite right? Although he still gets cucked almost as much as Hera.
>>
>>91735025
To be totally accurate, Satan isn't even the Lord of Hell, Earth is his domain for the time being.
>>
File: 561.png (332KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
561.png
332KB, 500x706px
>>91733197
>>
>>91739408
Only if having a 12 inch dick is a crime.
>>
>>91738812
she red pilled me on how cunty brainy girls could be
>>
>>91740507

Heracles was the bastard son of her unfaithful husband and his existence mocked her. She was still a bitch, no doubt about it, but it makes sense that she would hate the guy.
>>
File: Nephthys.jpg (97KB, 168x256px) Image search: [Google]
Nephthys.jpg
97KB, 168x256px
Nephthys>>>Everyogod else
>>
>>91738812
>implying Medusa didn't want it
>>
>>91734184
Did Hermes ever actually kill anyone?

I mean even Athena and Poseidon smote a few of the victorious Achaeans for their impiety after Troy was sacked.
>>
>>91733197
>Apollo
>Apollo

He was Saturn in Roman mythos.
>>
>>91729893
Azz Hades is very much not evil. More than anything he's lonely. That's his seminal character trait.
>>
File: K13.1Hestia.jpg (42KB, 322x385px) Image search: [Google]
K13.1Hestia.jpg
42KB, 322x385px
Hesita is the best goddess. She is actually the Goddess of comfy!
>>
>>91740435
Bullshit, it was the Ancient Greek version of The Game or telling someone not to think of white elephants.
>>
>>91741182
No. Saturn is the father of Jupiter, equivalent to Cronus. Apollo is the Latin spelling of Apollon, and we happen to use the Roman term for both.
>>
I haven't even seen a co where Zeus is a nice guy.
He's always a fucking rapist, megalomaniac, or vain narcissistic "bro" who treats other Gods like shit.
>>
>>91736254
The closest thing to that is Hades Holiday and even that doesn't really fit into the mold.

https://tapas.io/series/Hades-Holiday
>>
>>91741400
He hooked up Hades though.
>>
>>91741400
Zeus as a character was kind of screwed over by the evolution of Greek mythology. Originally, Greek life his highly local and every town, village, and polis had their own version of the myths. And since each village liked to believe they were somehow important in the eyes of some god, their version usually included one or more stories about how their founders were descended from an important god. The more widespread gods such as Zeus ended up developing an impressive rap sheet as many of these local traditions were assimilated into a more unified religious tradition.
>>
>>91729791
this one
>>
>>91729888
Tumblr DOES get all over how misunderstood Hades is. And also over how rape of Persephone wasn't really rape but a strong independent woman choosing her man.
>>
>>91741653
Zeus was mostly screwed over by the evolution of morality from the ancient world to Christianity. The Greeks themselves didn't have a lot of problems with how he behaved and considered him an awesome and just god overall.

This picture >>91740719 gets thrown around a lot, and it's a funny picture, but overall Zeus dicking about solved infinitely more problems than it created, and the Greeks were very aware of that.
>>
>>91729888
Hades is a reasonably cool guy in Dresden Files
>>
>>91741310

All he had to do was not look back. Trust Hades to keep his word and walk out, and he got his wife back. He looked back. He doubted that Hades would keep his word. All he had to do was keep the deal and he got what he wanted, Hades gave him a chance, and he spit on it. That's on Orpheus not Hades in my opinion.
>>
There's a novel where Hades is a hot chick and Zeus is written as the bag of dicks he was in mythology. If you like girls getting it on, it's called "The Dark Wife".
>>
>>91739408
None of the gods really liked him and were constantly stealing his inventions. And then he's the only god to ever die. Poor thing.
>>
>>91729775
Not a cartoon but Hades is a cool guy and pretty good friend of Hercules in Hercules The Legendary Journeys.
>>
>>91738812
Athena invented monster girls which automatically makes her the best.
>>
Friendly reminder that Ares did nothing wrong
>>
>>91740838
Literally every Greek God was having bastard sons and daughters. It's nobody's fault but her own for feigning loyalty.
>>
>>91744640
Some gods were even having kids literally by themselves in weird ways
>>
>>91744652
Remind me how Athene was born?
>>
>>91744664
just fucking jumped out of Zeus's head when it split open
>>
I really like Hades in the Wonder Woman animated movie. He's not really evil, just a manipulative dick. He gives Aries what he wants, knowing that Aries would fuck himself over and just become one of Hades' slaves
>>
>>91743756
Dionysus also died, though whether he was mortal or divine when he died depends on whether you believe the Orphics or not.
>>
>>91729893
You gonna actually back it up with an argument?
>>
>>91729775

Class of the Titans.

Chronus instead is the series main villain.

Hades is quiet flamboyant in the show though.
>>
>>91744302
but wasn't he one of the most disliked gods because he was the God of senseless violence and bloodthirsty war.

only the Spartans considered Ares to be the best god of war.
the rest of Greece all considered athena to be the best god of war.

>>91738812
yeah depending on the story medusa really got fucked over by both poseidon and athena.

>be medusa, priestess of a temple of athena
>mother fucking poseidon shows up and wants your virginity
>run away to the temple of athena for safety and beg her for help and protection
>she doesn't even respond
>poseidon walks in rapes medusa and leaves
>then athena shows up "how dare you have sex in my temple! i banish you to an Island...and oh yeah you are a ugly snake monster now who's gaze will turn people to stone"
>spend years on that Island trying to survive, sometimes asshole 'heroes' show up that try and kill you.
>then one 'hero' shows up blessed by the gods and that cunt athena and he cuts your head off and uses it to beat the kraken, then tosses your head in the ocean.

Poseidon was the biggest dickhead
athena and hera are the biggest bitches
>>
>>91744964
>only the Spartans considered Ares to be the best god of war.
>the rest of Greece all considered athena to be the best god of war.
And yet sparta always had the military superiority over the other shitty states in greece
>>
Artemis was also a major bitch
turned a random hunter into a deer and had his own dogs hunt and kill the dude.
just because he accidently came near a lake where she was bathing, and the dude didn't even know she was there
>>
>>91745037
Spartans didn't fuck around.

>Macedonians conquer the entire Greece, send Spartans a message, reading:
>You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city.
>Spartans respond with a single word. "If."

Macedonians never conquered their place, avoided it the entire Alexander's reign.
But mostly because they'd already stopped being relevant in that age.
Sparta had an edge for some time but by the time of the Macedonian conquest, it was simply another city with some iron working tradition.
>>
>>91739408
He tried bless his heart. He has some kids with Nymphs. He fucked a few goats, but overall he's actually pretty ok. He'd fuck a dude, but hates cross dressers?

Mever used in comics anyways Too much like the devil I suppose.
>>
>>91739933
A lot of tumble turns it into a love story. While many hate the word rape only a little research would prove rape didn't just mean sexual assault.
>>
>>91733900
Well at the end of the day he was still the god of the underworld, and most people don't like talking about death.
>>
>>91736254
There's a webcomic called MYth that has that. But it's so manga I can't take it seriously. Something about Manga doesn't fit with greeks to me.
>>
>>91738812
In some versions of the myth, she turned Medusa into a gorgon not as a curse, but as a sort of misguided blessing so that she would never be raped again. Also she got pissed at Arachne not just for being a better weaver, but because her art was actively making fun of the gods.
>>
>>91746086
>Also she got pissed at Arachne not just for being a better weaver, but because her art was actively making fun of the gods.

And she claimed she was better at it that Athena.
>>
>>91744683
Before that he turned her mother into a fly and swallowed her so he wouldn't end up like Kronos or Oranos. the mother ended up inside Zeus's brain, gave birth to Athena, and created her armor.
>>
>>91745092
Meh but at least it was fucking worth it tho
>>
>>91741202
Heh heh... seminal.
>>
>>91745092
Artemis Hera tag teamed Callisto after Zeus turned into Artemis to fuck her. Artemis kicked her out of the lesbian coven then Hera turned her into a bear, and depending on the Myth, Artemis then killed her and Zeus Made her stars.

In the end Zeus was weirdly nice to all his whores, but Hera wasn't having any of it. Why did you get married to your sister dude. Why did the goddess of women hate pregnant women so damn much.
>>
File: AthenaPoseidonLouvreCA7426.jpg (85KB, 770x1027px) Image search: [Google]
AthenaPoseidonLouvreCA7426.jpg
85KB, 770x1027px
>>91733197
Poseidon's the biggest asshole.

>Constantly whinging he got the short straw, whereas the even more unlucky Hades just kinda rolls with it.
>Hates everything and everybody. Kills off the Phaeacians once they dump Odysseus back at Ithaca, but doesn't bother finishing him off when he has multiple opportunities to do so.
>Rape-happy, creates a bunch of monsters left and right
I don't think there's a single myth in which Poseidon is in any way benevolent.

>>91738812
>Dissing one of the few major Goddesses that even remotely looks out for humans at all.
Aphrodite and Hera are still leagues worse than her.

>>91744964
Speaking of which, Athena and Poseidon always seem to be at each other's throats. I think there's that myth in which Poseidon wants to take over Athens, so Athena proposes a challenge as to who can give the Athenians the best gift. Poseidon offers horses, which instantly spikes his popularity at first. Athena however offers an olive tree, representing the prosperity of Athens, and therefore wins.
>>
>>91741653
Well, there's a thing there where like, pre- and early Hellenic religion was more orientated around mother/earth goddesses than Zeus and over time became established as this official pantheon where he was the Father of the Gods. Like Persephone is a really old goddess in terms of history. And then later even you start getting syncretism with the other cultures the Greeks are interacting so Greek deities start getting paralled with Egyptian, Babylonian, etc. ones.
>>
>>91746449
>I think there's that myth in which Poseidon wants to take over Athens,
It's about who gets to name it. Hence it being named Athens.
>>
>>91744932
Doesn't Dionysus always die as part of a cycle, though?
>>
>>91743756
There's no actually tale of how though. The only story about him dying is some fucking Egyptians on a boat stating "The great god Pan is dead" Which some linguists believe isn't actually what the phrase meant.
>>
>>91746449
In some versions Poseidon tries giving them a source of water, but being the god of the sea, all he could make was saltwater.
>>
>>91745915
>ignoring that the Spartans tried to rise up when Alexander was in Asia and got completely BTFO, then forced to join the Pan-Greek league they had previously declined to join by the Macedonians

>avoided it the entire Alexander's reign
Sparta was irrelevant at this point. Honestly, even at their height Sparta was never able to project power/influence in the way other city-states did because of their culture and slave industrial base. They locked in a part of Greece, but could never extend massively for fear of being overwhelmed at home and abroad. Plus they had a huge economic crash because of how inheritance worked and after the Spartan myth was shattered at Leuctra just kept weakening and weakening.
>>
>>91746449
He always seemed to be against me in Zeus: Master of Olympus.
>>
>>91744302
>>91744964
Ares in Sparta is closer to Mars in Rome than how (we think) he was seen by the rest of Greece.
>>
>>91733197
Zeus, Poseidon, and Hera were major assholes. And that god who fucked over his sister's crush.
>>
>>91746631
Apollo?
>>
>>91734061
He did get even with Ares and his cheating whore wife. Also his mommy.
>>
File: The result is in.gif (993KB, 475x317px) Image search: [Google]
The result is in.gif
993KB, 475x317px
>>91741653
So every city has their own lore, and they want each main character be a mary sue- zeus's kid.
Then they just decided to make crossover universe, hence Zeus is now omni-fucker.
Life imitates art and art imitate life.
>>
>>91746449
Poseidon once literally pulled the "a cat is fine too" on Demeter. And when he found a woman who wanted to be a man he abducted and raped her before changing her into one. His asshole son is also the perpetrator in the first ever rape-and-revenge trial in Greek mythology.
>>
>>91741653
>>91746720
Same things happens in Egypt, actually. Cities had whole different universe origin stories.
>>
>>91743630
It's not very good though.
>>91744962
Man they ruined him in a different way there.
>>91746650
Maybe.
>>
File: CTT002_C03-1_PHIL.jpg (175KB, 1599x941px) Image search: [Google]
CTT002_C03-1_PHIL.jpg
175KB, 1599x941px
>>91746745
>Man they ruined him in a different way there.

At least Pan didn't eat tin cans. I'm so tired of the satyr trope.
>>
>be huge Wonder Woman fan
>HATE the Olympians
I am so fucking tired of these inbred pieces of shit and their retarded drama-fagging. They are always the least interesting part of any given run because we've all seen their antics a million and one times. Gods are assholes, Diana has to clean up their mess. Fuck, even Perez eventually got sick of them and had them fuck off into space for a while.

And that's what needs to happen, this collection of ball-crushingly annoying rednecks need to fuck off for a while. Preferably forever, but the laws of hack writing demand they be brought out when writers are short on ideas. Fuck the gods, and fuck their bullshit.
>>
>>91729775
In the different mythical variations of Heracles' life, Hades made Herc challenge a night spirit into a wrestling match in exchange for taking Cerebus back up for the last of his 12 Labors.

Later on, Hades helped Ares and Hera defend a city that Heracles was pillaging.
>>
>>91733197
Zeus and Poseidon were seemingly competing to impregnate as many Greek princesses and nymphs as possible. How they went about conceiving their 100's of sons rarely results in a healthy relationship between father and mother afterwards. All of the other male gods have their own stories about appearing to mortal women disguised as animals or their friends, and having various sons and daughters after the rape and love making. Oddly enough, Zeus only has Hellen of Troy to count as his only female demigod child.

Also goddesses didn't give a fuck with you were a girl and got raped. Especially if you were a follower of them. Medusa was a priestess of Athena and she got fucked by Poseidon and turned into the Gorgon afterwards. Io was a priestess of Hera and she got fucked by Zeus and turned into a cow by him to hide her from her wrath. Callisto was a nymph who hunted with Artemis and she got fucked by Zeus and turned into a bear by Hera, afterwards Artemis killed her with arrows.

It's so much easier to figure out who the nicest one is. Hestia
>>
>>91733197
>>91729775
Gorr was right
>>
>>91747298
>It's so much easier to figure out who the nicest one is. Hestia

Stepped down to let Dionysus have a place in that madhouse. Nice or truly evil?
>>
>>91729888
The Percy Jackson fandom tend to humanise him, it helps that he's a kind father to his fan favourite demigod gay son though.
>>
>>91747436
Doesn't he also have a lesbian daughter in that? Damn Hades you gay.
>>
File: 3270.png (158KB, 640x388px) Image search: [Google]
3270.png
158KB, 640x388px
There really needs to be more content that show Hades and Persephone as a loving couple.
>>
File: 3496.png (162KB, 640x388px) Image search: [Google]
3496.png
162KB, 640x388px
>>91747508
>>
>>91747426
Well Dionysus is the god of revelry and madness, he's a perfect fit.
>>
>>91747481
Don't think so he had Bianca who joined the Hunters of Artemis so became asexual or secret lesbian maybe and then died. Nico who's a fag, and Hazel in his Pluto form.

There's also a rumour that he's Hitlers dad, and that WW2 was fought between the son's of Hades, Zeus and Poseidon
>>
>>91747298
Isn't one of the sibyls also Zeus daughter?
>>
>>91747481
Nico(the guy with a crush on Percy) had a sister who joined Artemis's hunters(all women) so I guess it could be assumed she was a lesbian.
>>
>>91746449
Poseidon's only claim to Athens was that it was a port city and he thought every town by the sea should have an altar to him. They did give him an altar and some of their kings added variations of his name to their title.

Athena got the city to name it after her after the olive tree trick. But in the myths, her claim to the city was tied to the kings, who claimed to be descended from a king raised by Athena herself since his birth. The boy's father was Hephaestus, and he tried to rape Athena. She thought back, and he only managed to cum on her thigh, which she then swept off and drove it into the dirt. Hephaestus' semen caused the earth goddess to give the birth and pop the boy out of the ground. There are officially two slightly different Athenian kings with the same exact earth born origin, but with a few variations. One of them being that the first king was a benevolent half snake abomination.
>>
>>91747632
Maybe it's just tumblr fanart influence. I tried reading the books(First of the original and roman series) but they didn't quite grab me.
>>
>>91747711
>Benevolent Lamia monarch.
Now you have my interest. What was his story after that?
>>
Did Demeter ever do something dickish?
>>
>>91747714
They're definitely more kids to teen friendly, and sanitise the Gods a bit much. I just kind of stuck with them as I got older.
>>
>>91747791
Yeah it's like Harry Potter. The first book is for younger kids and the age rating slowly goes up over time.
>>
>>91747791
That's normally my thing though. I think I got butt hurt when I learned about what they did with Pan and Grover.

Pan is my jam.
>>
>>91747776
Nah. She caused winter but that's only because she went bonkers when Persephone went missing. She also ate some guy's shoulder, but that was a trick.
>>
File: SEG.jpg (15KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
SEG.jpg
15KB, 200x200px
>>91733197

Zeus was an otherkin.
>>
>>91747852
She also cursed a man with eternal hunger, but that was also justifiable because the guy cut down a tree belonging to a nymph(you cut the tree you kill the nymph.)
>>
>>91747711
>The boy's father was Hephaestus, and he tried to rape Athena.
The crippled guy tried to rape a war-god?
>>
File: MILF.jpg (67KB, 847x547px) Image search: [Google]
MILF.jpg
67KB, 847x547px
>>91747776
If I remember correctly, she has a fairly clean rep other than causing winter and raising hell over Persephone.

There's a cute myth featuring her in which, while searching for her daughter, she disguises herself as an old woman and seeks shelter at an old king's house, and he hires her as a nurse. To reward the king for his kindness, she clumsily tries to make his sons immortal by giving them ambrosia and trying to "burn the mortality away". The Queen stumbles on her while she's in the process of doing this and stops it, though.

After that, she decides to less extravagantly reward the king by teaching him the secrets of agriculture before she goes on her way.
>>
>>91733197
Poseidon.

Easily. It's not even a fucking contest.
>>
>>91747773
Not much. He had three daughters and no sons. Cecrops (the snake man) ends up adopting the other Hephaestus earth born baby named Erichthonius. There's a weird story where Athena gives the baby to him in a box that no is ever supposed to open. He has his daughters guard it, and 2 of them open the box and see serpents, go insane and throw themselves off the Acropolis. The surviving daughter opens the box and finds the baby, who is raised to become king. Erichthonius might be the king in who judges whether Athena or Poseidon can have the city, and afterwards he adds the name Poseidon to him like an honorary title. Like if every city mayor called themselves Poseidon instead of "the mayor".

>>91747575
I'm not too familiar with the concept of the Sibyls. Looking them up right now, I like what I'm reading.

>>91747426
More like a run of the mill example of a boring, predictable and orderly matriarchal harvest goddess' influence being upstaged by a violent, hedonistic party cult devoted to getting drunk on cheap wine and gay sex.
>>
>>91736330
Persephone got mandatory visitation, half of the year with hades and the other half with her mother. (Which is how Greeks explained seasons)
>>
>>91746445
Zeus likes to seduce, the chase, and the success. It's a game to him. I mean, he's going to win one way or the other, but he'd rather win first than just God-mode rape first. And in fairness, for a while he was supposedly doing it deliberately so he could father a mortal son powerful enough to slay the Giants with him, he kept in his pants when he had to (e.g. Thetis).

Poseidon just wants to get to the fucking, and he'll take the shortest, most direct route there.
>>
>>91747852
>>91748062
>the cause of winter
Nope. Much worse for the Greeks and Mediterraneans. They don't live in many areas where it snows or freezes. Demeter is the cause of the "Dog Days of Summer", which is the annual season in that part of the world where droughts dry up the rivers, the soil becomes dry and useless for growing food, and it's too hot to do anything but be bored, get drunk, get angry and kill people, and fuck.

Being the cause of winter is just something other European scholars, poets, and artists attribute her with in relation to their own cultures.
>>
>>91744964
Ares is a God of justice, vengeance and oaths alongside war, combat and the war cry. But in part the belief of him as just violent and senseless is probably in part from Athens getting most of the surviving texts, and they liked to fellate themselves over Athena, probably because their mythic tradition was pretty shit compared to the Doric one.
>>
>>91748062
>teaching him the secrets of agriculture

So he was a hunter-gatherer king with a permanent house and yet her first thought was just to make his sons immortal? She sounds pretty stupid.
>>
>>91748394
>>91747773
Also, snake guy was the first king of what would become Athens. He got all of the people who lived in neighboring villages together to form a larger civilization, and educated his subjects on how to read and write.
>>
>>91744964
Athens had athena as its patron god, so they talked her up and expanded her reach even though in most of greece ares was probably still the war god
Most of ancient greece's legacy we get from athens so we're sort of limited to their perspective. But we can assume they had some biases based on their relationship with other cities.
>>
File: hermaphrodites.jpg (575KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hermaphrodites.jpg
575KB, 1600x1000px
Reminder that the ancient Greeks were the original futafags.
>>
File: blood_feud_23.jpg (67KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
blood_feud_23.jpg
67KB, 512x384px
>>91748643
It was in the olden days!
>>
>>91746445
Why did the goddess of marriage hate women her husband cheated her with? Geee....
>>
>>91749528
If one or two stories with true hermaphrodites mean it's their fetish then they have far worse problems.

>>91750971
Why is it their fault he's a d-bag? A majority of the time it was rape. It wasn't their fault.
>>
>>91751084
>Why is it their fault he's a d-bag? A majority of the time it was rape. It wasn't their fault.
Well you can't exactly punish the dude who rules the universe. So you go one step down the chain.

Hera's pretty chill as long as you're not violating, or a violation, of the sanctity of marriage. Hell, even then she eventually makes peace with and adopts all of his bastard kids.
>>
File: Plutostar_1600.jpg (89KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Plutostar_1600.jpg
89KB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>91744964
>but wasn't he one of the most disliked gods because he was the God of senseless violence and bloodthirsty war.
Apparently he was only liked by Hades (because he brought subjects to his kingdom), Aphrodite (because she was taking his dick) and Eris (because she's the goddess of discord and that goes hand in hand with war).
>>
>>91746086
Athena is a cunt even when she's merciful. One guy once saw her naked so she blinded him, but in exchange gave him insight.
The only nice goddess is Demeter. She was a total bro.
>>
>>91737105
Are there any good Gods in God of War? They are either just exploiting Kratos or actively trying to kill Kratos.
Aphrodite, I guess... and the rest of the Olympians they never mention, I guess.
>>
>>91748015
It goes back to Poseidon being an asshole. He told Hephaestus that Athenea was into him and had only come to his workshop asking for weapons as an excuse, and that she wanted him to fuck her rough.
>>
>>91747776
There was this one time when an asshole prince was cutting down trees in a sacred area. She approached him and kindly asked him to stop because of where he was. He told her to fuck off. She tried again with kindness. He insisted on her to fuck off. After the third try he just threatened to cut her in two with his ax and she had enough of his bullshit. She revealed her true form and made him have an insatiable appetite. He kept eating and eating and never being satisfied, to the point his parents kicked him out because they couldn't afford paying for his food and he ended his days on the streets eating literal garbage as basically a human skeleton.

It was deserved, buy dickish nonetheless.
>>
>>91733197
It's pretty hilarious how some mythos that have nothing to do with Zeus end when he gets pissed and throws a lighting at the protagonist.

Also, I keked pretty hard when after overcoming a coup by the rest of the gods led by Hera and Hephaestus came to her defense, Zeus just tossed him off Olympus as Hera had done when he was a baby.
>>
File: SkyEnrY[1].jpg (671KB, 1854x1920px) Image search: [Google]
SkyEnrY[1].jpg
671KB, 1854x1920px
>>91747393
>>
File: Snug as a bug.jpg (15KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
Snug as a bug.jpg
15KB, 400x299px
>All this discussion about Greek and Roman mythology

Tip top comfy, why do I even bother going on /his/ when I can get better discussion on any other board.
>>
>>91753532
Hephaestus

He only attacks to save his foster daughter because he knows Kratos is going to have to kill her to fulfill his goals
>>
>>91736477
Tell me more about Finland's death god, please.
>>
>>91729775
he was neutral in Azzarello's Wonder Woman run
>>
>>91753448
From what I've read, the blindness was accidental as opposed to what Artemis did to Actaeon, which was on purpose.
>>
>>91736330
In the Dresden books Jim Butcher wrote his Hades as a pretty decent guy and had him say the kidnapping was Hades mother-in-law hearsay and her just being a bitch because she didn't like fact Persephone like him
>>
File: I'm Not Worthy.png (900KB, 1188x714px) Image search: [Google]
I'm Not Worthy.png
900KB, 1188x714px
>>91747393
>>
File: hercules.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
hercules.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>
>>91757274
>Bear mode Gilgamesh

better than the nip version
>>
>>91732712
Zeus got the sky, kind of shitty.
>>
>>91760703
"The sky" also includes people on earth. Because they are technically in the air.
>>
>100 snake heads
>Each shoots fire
>So tall he reaches the sky
>dragon wings too
>mostly all the famous monsters you heard about before all came from him
>all the gods are too scared of him and he can beat up Zeus

Was Typhon the original bad fanfiction OC?
>>
File: Bauer_-_Caeneus_Centaurs.jpg (64KB, 530x373px) Image search: [Google]
Bauer_-_Caeneus_Centaurs.jpg
64KB, 530x373px
>>91762830
Nah

>Fucked by Posiedon,
> granted her one wish
>Wish to become man
>Also get impervious skin
>Go around fucking shit up
>Finally die dramatically at a wedding under a pile of horse dick
>>
>>91729775
Olympus overdrive. But it's dead.
>>
>>91729775
The Wicked + The Divine just had a short story with a pantheon from the early 1800's with Hades as a lonely poet committing suicide.
>>
>>91753532

Hades was really only trying to kill Kratos because he murdered the guy's wife.

Granted, said wife was trying to destroy the world, and he didn't exactly do much to stop her, but...
>>
>>91729775
>t. shade
>>
>>91747508

>Dark Pit dressed up like a girl

Huh
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.