[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT Avengers: Infinity War Discussion & Speculation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: infinity war.jpg (164KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
infinity war.jpg
164KB, 1920x1080px
I am convinced it will flop. There is no way such a film could sustain itself with 67+ A-list celebrities without sacrificing something.
>>
since OP is retarded, let's derail this and talk about what their phase 4 is going to be since the mainline avengers will mostly be leaving after infinity war pt2

gotg 3
dr strange 2
holland spidey 2
prob black panther 2 and ant-man/wasp 3
sadly captain marvel 2 most likely

after that it's kind of uncharted territory

maybe they'll get the F4 rights back from fox, then they can do all sorts of based shit with doom and galactus, but they'll still be too fresh in people's mind to recast tony, cap and thor

they could get around cap by having bucky become the new cap like in the comics, since stan has a longer picture contract than evans
>>
>>91722405
Learn what a flop means
>>
>>91722491
Captain Marvel will be the new Captain, they even changed her star to be silver instead of gold.
>>
>>91722491
I was hoping Cap would die in Civil War, not because I don't like him, but because I think the stakes would have been heightened, and Bucky taking the mantle after his friend sacrificed his friendships, alliances, and ultimately life for him, would've been interesting story development
>>
>>91724501
That's pretty much confirmed.
>>
>>91722405
>1 billion dollar budget
They're gonna go bankrupt when this bombs.
>>
File: business woman.jpg (689KB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
business woman.jpg
689KB, 1916x1076px
>It's gonna flop

That's...that's HILARIOUS anon.
Even if it was somehow absolute SHIT- it'll be financially successful.
Look at Suicide Squad, Batman Vs Superman and the WHOLE fucking Transformers franchise.

>It's gonna flop.
I'm sorry but you're just retarded. No. No it's completely inexcusable- you're working on the presumption that everyone suddenly forgot about Marvel and all it's movies somehow.

And you're just...no.
>>
>>91725174
>triggered
It's gonna be hilarious when it flops.
>>
>>91725114
If it has a $1 billion budget, doesn't it have to make $2 billion to break even? By 4chan accounting, at least.
>>
>>91722405
>Not understanding how Oversea Markets work.
>Not understanding how the Chinese market alone will guarantee the budget for four-six films(MCU) alone.
>>
>>91722405

>it will flop
>in this particular instance, "flop" means break all box office records world wide
>>
>>91725360
Over 2 billion because of marketing costs. Especially if they're doing the "marketing costs is half the budget" meme which means half a billion for marketing.
>>
>IW will break all the records.
>Godzilla vs. Kong will make a Groillion Kaiju dollars.
>Anime adaptations will stop after American Akira.

Best Timeline.
>>
>>91725446
They better hire Harry Partridge as consultant on the American Akira. THAT will be best timeline.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafd97yJFOI
>>
File: nova and penance.jpg (47KB, 400x524px) Image search: [Google]
nova and penance.jpg
47KB, 400x524px
>>91722491
I really just want a Thunderbolts movie and a Nova movie more than anything.

I also think there's a legit chance for both of them to actually happen
>>
>>91725517
>those ads
Directed by Zack Snyder right?
>>
OP here. When I say it will flop, I don't mean it will be a commercial failure, but rather, replace BvS as worst capeflick of all time.
>>
>>91725630
BvS was the best though so you're already wrong.
>>
>>91725618
We can only hope.
>>
>>91725646
>snyderposters on my board
reeeEEEEE
>>
>>91725783
get snyder'd
>>
File: 14835435311494.jpg (1MB, 1208x1015px) Image search: [Google]
14835435311494.jpg
1MB, 1208x1015px
>>91722491
Nova
>>
I assume you mean bellyflop into a swimming pool of cash.
>>
>>91725535
>>91726315
This, Nova movie or Tbolts.

No Sam because Feige doesn't like Jeph" sucking up to Perlmutter" Loeb.
>>
>>91725630
See >>91722574
>>
Can cape films flop anymore?

Even if they're bad they make money.

Even if they arguably, based on guesstimations, don't earn back their production+marketing budget, they almost certainly make up for it with merchandising.

I think it'll be another 5 years minimum before we actually see another cape flop.
>>
>>91727050
Fantfourstic flopped.
>>
>>91727145
I was about to post that. But isn't it the only one to flop in years? I guess you could say that ASM2 flopped, but it still made $708.98 million.
>>
>>91727219
AMS2 didn't flop, it only got dropped because Garfeild pissed off the films producers
>>
>>91727384
>Garfeild pissed off the films producers
What did he do?
>>
>>91727667
He was personally invited to a big dinner part by the head of Sony and he didn't show up. This may seem like not such a huge deal but the head of Sony is a Jap and what Garfield did was like spitting in his face in his culture
>>
>>91725535
nova is sales poison. it will never happen
>>
>>91727667
He stole a runabout and thought no one would notice
>>
>>91728147
Sam is sales poison. Rich is fine.
>>
>>91722405
Look man, it's not gonna flop. No major franchise blockbusters these days will ever really flop. Will it underperform, but still be successful? Maybe

Now will it be good? I'm wary. Like you said 67+ characters, each with likely some sort of arc or even something to do reeks of a potential clusterfuck. Civil War barely kept up with the characters that it had, and the huge roster brought it down. The movie would have been elevated if other characters made appearances, but the film had focused on Cap and Tony...instead we got two new character introductions with one having a whole arc, arcs for several side characters, and juggling of the plot.

To be honest, I thought the Russos could have pulled it off if Marvel had stuck to the plan of making this a two film spanning epic. Trying to crush it all into one movie, plus develop Thanos...
>>
>>91727145
I think that movie failed to make money for two reasons

1. It was not an established, well-regarded franchise with a ready made audience that have already been sold on it, i.e. MCU, Fox-men

2. The amount of exposure that the production mess got, along with fan backlash for the disregard for the source material. This created a huge amount of negative hype.
>>
>>91728313
Infinity war is still kinda a two part thing. It's just that the second movie is no longer going to be called Infinity War Part 2.
>>
>>91728831
This.

Hollywood learned its lesson about naming movies Parts.
>>
>>91728831
Huh, I was not aware of this. So "Avengers 4" is basically a continuation of IW. That gives me a little more hope.
>>
>>91729120
They claim that 3 will not end on a cliffhanger to directly lead into 4. How they will do that and accommodate Ant-man and Wasp, plus Captain Marvel is anyone's guess.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.