[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It makes me glad to know this franchise is still going, as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: transformers_movie.jpg (36KB, 400x405px) Image search: [Google]
transformers_movie.jpg
36KB, 400x405px
It makes me glad to know this franchise is still going, as a kid my friend always teased me about TMNT being better and look at the results

TMNT is pretty splintered, no pun intended, but it's here and there....Transformers has always been here.
>>
>>91712192
>This movie is 10 years old.
>>
I want to think OP is some ironic shitposting, but...

...I...I just can't tell anymore. I've been on this board far to long /co/, I think it's time for me to go.
>>
>>91712266
Now you just need to face the final truth.
Plinkett is wrong. [/spoiler
About everything.
>>
>>91712266
how is telling the truth shitposting? Transformers is way better than TMNT, TMNT is retarded since it's conception
>>
>>91712238
God I feel old
>>
>>91712266
Kids who were 8 years old when this came out are old enough to shitpost now. And that's just counting the ones that are allowed to be here.
>>
File: 1492228104779.png (394KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
1492228104779.png
394KB, 640x476px
>>91714250
>Kids who were 8 years old when this came out are old enough to shitpost now.
I had to do the math because I thought you were lying.
>>
>>91712192
And yet the movies are fucking trash, watch prime if you want something good.
>>
>>91714250
I remember sitting in the seat fearing this exact moment, kids being nostalgic for this.
>>
File: image.jpg (280KB, 750x1043px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280KB, 750x1043px
>>91714321
>Prime
>good

I want this meme to end
G1, Animated and Beast Wars are the only good TF cartoons
>>
>>91714428
Prime was good, get over it.
Notice I didn't say it was amazing but it WAS good.
>>
>>91714571
>it was boring and shitty, deal with it.
>>
>>91714428
Prime was fine
>>91714321
Movies are fine
>>91714571
Prime had flaws but was good
>>91714905
Prime isn't boring, there is a reason it still airs and nothing else aside from the current show and Rescue Bots does
>>
>>91712192
Am I the only the only one who thinks these movies are comfy? Sure they're retarded as all hell, but I dunno. I like watching 'em late at night with a soda or two.

Probably helps that I barely know shit about Transformers as a whole.
>>
File: Battleship defense.webm (3MB, 1000x416px) Image search: [Google]
Battleship defense.webm
3MB, 1000x416px
>>91715179
It will always be a controversial topic of discussion when it comes to Bayformers.

I personally like it but it's really easy to bring the hate as well because of squandered opportunities regarding the robot characters themselves.

Other than that, it's rather refreshing in a sense that the whole quadrilogy had unintentionally focused on Optimus Prime going darker than any of his other versions.
>>
>>91715399
Whuch one is the webm frm?
>>
File: Finding Sentinel.webm (3MB, 1000x416px) Image search: [Google]
Finding Sentinel.webm
3MB, 1000x416px
>>91715419
The third one, arguably the best or in tier with TF1.

That's not saying much given the whole series.
>>
>>91714428
>Animated
>good

Now THAT'S a meme
>>
I can't get over how overdesigned the robot characters are.
Even though it's funny, this movie was how I first really got into Transformers but mostly because my sister watched it 15 times with me and now I still know like 75% of that movie's lines by heart.

>>91712192
What's funny was that this sort of thing was based on 80s but we're slowly moving to the 90s now with big budget gritty reboot movies of toys and shit.

Even though it'll probably be terrible, I still want Bionicle to get the Bayformers treatment and if it happens you'd better believe my 40-year-old butt will be in that seat
>>
>>91716399
>Bionicle bayformer style sets
>10,000 pieces to build one Toa
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 300x228px
>>91716340
>>
>>91716340
Hey, URA CUNT!
>>
>>91712780
Why not choose both?
{TF fan here.} Both franchises are retarded. TF might even be worse, since we only ever had 2 decent shows: Beast Wars and Animated.

>>91714571
You're the kind of person who calls an acquaintance a friend, aren't you? Prime isn't even mediocre, because that's actually a rather inoffensive standard.

>>91715149
>Movies are fine
and here we have a full Plebeian. They're only fine if you have the rock-bottom standards of the lowest common denominator. They're "fine" the way zero-effort bullshit can be "art", by the lowest possible standards and technicalities.

I'm encouraged by what I'm hearing about the latest movie, but I will put zero faith or hope in it, and don't expect it to be any better than mediocre, which would still make it relatively amazing compared to the previous ones.

>>91716340
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice memes, my dude.
>>
>>91719058
>{TF fan here.} Both franchises are retarded. TF might even be worse, since we only ever had 2 decent shows: Beast Wars and Animated.
That is subjective....but TF has had 10 American released shows alone, TMNT has had 3

Most people would agree that despite whatever bones you have to pick, G1, Beast Wars, Animated, Prime, and Rescue Bots are good....anime kinda sucks in general, but those shows have their fans as well, and so does Beast Machines, and I really don't think anyone in their right mind would argue the original TMNT cartoon was better than Transformers G1. G1 is only funny in retrospect, the TMNT show was always supposed to be a joke
>>
>>91712238
>been around for a quarter century
>spent half of that on here

Least saw some photo-realistic transforming vehicle bots
>>
Beast Machines was basically (not)Teenage Mutant Ninja "robots" to be fair
>>
>>91719306
and even popularity and commercial success are relative indexes not necessarily representative of artistic or {pseudo-}intellectual value.
Don't go MLP:FIM tier on me and start calling G1 good writing or art. Even many fans that praise BW will caution not to raise it to the levels of praise of high art. The Marvel comic had it's moments, but even that was often like a B-movie.

and let's not selectively compare their original shows without any context. TMNT started as a comic book and the cartoon was a large departure in style. TF in comparison launched both comic, cartoon, and toyline nearly simultaneously.
The TMNT show might have been a joke, but then in one of the more recent versions you have Baxter Stockman disintegrating in a body-horror "The Fly" style. WTF.

>>91720118
I don't even know what that means.
BM might be a distant 3rd TF show for me, but I think everything else pales in comparison.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.