[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More on Marvel Legacy at diamond summit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 427
Thread images: 65

File: marvel no.png (890KB, 539x798px) Image search: [Google]
marvel no.png
890KB, 539x798px
>The Marvel meeting at the Diamond Summit in Chicago just broke. Press and phones were banned from the presentation to comic book retailers, and it wasn’t just so that no retailer would get a recording of another Marvel exec talking about diversity.

>They also talked about Marvel Legacy, teased recently, and what it will mean for a number of their titles,

>So we will see the fall of Peter Parker and Parker Industries as part of the Spider-Man books.

>Tying in thematically with Thor: Ragnarok, we will see the Return to Planet Hulk in the Hulk books.

>And then the resurrection of Tony Stark in Iron Man.

>But this is not a crossover, not an event, not a mini-series, more of a rebranding. There will be a one-shot called Marvel Legacy #1, but that’s it. It’s kickstarting the Bleeding Cool-rumoured “Make Mine Marvel”. Marvel confirmed that, yes, as Bleeding Cool reported they are returning some titles to their legacy numbering, while still crafting the titles to be new reader friendly. And there will be a handout explaining how each title gets to the issue number they arrive at.

>And while there is some factor of moving back to some kind of Nuts and Bolts for certain characters, they insist this will not be at the expense of any of the newer diverse characters.

>And yes, one of the big things they showed was an image of all the new and diverse characters of Marvel, including Ironheart, Ms Marvel, Thor, etc, with the banner saying in large letters THIS IS MARVEL. David Gabriel didn’t give it more than a passing comment without context, but it was a result of the recent internet discussions about diversity at Marvel. It was pretty clear to retailers there that Marvel are committed to these characters, their diversity, and that they were here to stay.
>>
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/20/marvel-legacy-brings-back-planet-hulk-tony-stark-announced-2017-diamond-summit/

I can believe this because synergy and it seems like marvel has no one steering the ship.
>>
File: 1492223029018.jpg (25KB, 488x357px) Image search: [Google]
1492223029018.jpg
25KB, 488x357px
I-I liked parker industries though...
>>
>It was pretty clear to retailers there that Marvel are committed to these characters, their diversity, and that they were here to stay.

If they are so insecure about not seeming "diverse" enough then nothing has changed.
>>
>>91708157
Now fans whining against what they want?
>>
>>91708157
>>91708375
I need to see creative teams first.
>>
>>91708375
it's almost like these losers don't know what they want and just complain to complain
>>
>>91708420
Yup.
>>
>>91708157
>we will see the Return to Planet Hulk in the Hulk books.
...with She-Hulk and Cho-Hulk?
>>
If that means more Miles... I'm out
>>
>>91708514
No with banner.
>>
This reeks of Marvel learning nothing after the Marvel Now relaunch. This is why they shouldn't have gone SJW, cause they can't take back any of it.
>>
>Parker Industries will fall.

Oh thank fuck. Tony Stark lite was absolute trash.

>Return to Planet Hulk.

Fucking what?

>Resurrection of Tony Stark.

Never cared for Iron Man, so I don't really care.
>>
File: 1488163166459.jpg (83KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
1488163166459.jpg
83KB, 638x425px
Wow it's fucking nothing

Nice reboot drones really going against the grain
>>
I feel like, instead of pissing off one group and then another, this might be the rare event that makes EVERYONE mad.
>>
File: 1375844383912.jpg (101KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
1375844383912.jpg
101KB, 854x859px
>>91708298
Why? It's literally just Iron Man, but with a power set designed for New York.

Also,

>Liking Slott
>>
File: 1452904232735.gif (438KB, 239x282px) Image search: [Google]
1452904232735.gif
438KB, 239x282px
>>91708157
>resurrection of Tony Stark
>>
>>91708612
isn't that pretty much par for the course for Marvel lately though??
>>
>>91708157
>>And while there is some factor of moving back to some kind of Nuts and Bolts for certain characters, they insist this will not be at the expense of any of the newer diverse characters.
>>And yes, one of the big things they showed was an image of all the new and diverse characters of Marvel, including Ironheart, Ms Marvel, Thor, etc, with the banner saying in large letters THIS IS MARVEL. David Gabriel didn’t give it more than a passing comment without context, but it was a result of the recent internet discussions about diversity at Marvel. It was pretty clear to retailers there that Marvel are committed to these characters, their diversity, and that they were here to stay.

Marvel, get your heads out of your ass already. No one likes them save for Kamala.
>>
Unless they plan on summoning Jack Kirby's ghost to write some of these books, I do not give a shit. Their current crop of writers are still awful, doesn't matter what they put them on.
>>
>>91708633
>supporting CW2
Only carolfags are this deluded
>>
>>91708157
>Moving properties closer to the movie versions (Parker back to being a chump, Banner alive and in Planet Hulk, Stark alive, etc.)
>Diversity characters still hanging around for media kudos but zero sales.
So... nothing changes? This is the same Marvel we've had for years that people are sick of.
>>
>>91708375
I want a Taskmaster ongoing, fuck A-Listers and their legacies.
>>
>>91708661
>No one likes them.

Ftfy
>>
>>91708514
I hope its Skaar and the Warbound
>>
>>91708375
>Bendis is still in
Yeah no
>>
>>91708612
I call it the Nick Spencer Method.
>>
>>91708691
Faggot fans dont want change.

>>91708693

No ody buys c listers
>>
>>91708270
I guess you didn't read the OP
>>
>>91708375
>original 5 x-men still exist
>Gotg are nothing more than movie sinergy
>Venom is back at being edgy when nobody wanted
>Riri Willian and Miles are still a thing
>>
That part about the banner of diversity characters is so fucking funny. They really got put in check by the "muh diversity" crowd, where they can't afford to nix all these characters and draw even more bad publicity, so now they have to keep putting out this sales poison that even the people whining won't buy. All this while making a pitiful effort at winning back people who do actually buy comics. Pathetic but hilarious.
>>
In other news, Marvel continues to shoot themselves in the foot.
>>
A-And the marriage will come back. R-Right?
>>
>But this is not a crossover, not an event, not a mini-series, more of a rebranding. There will be a one-shot called Marvel Legacy #1, but that’s it. It’s kickstarting the Bleeding Cool-rumoured “Make Mine Marvel”.

So LITERALLY Rebirth, right down to the one-shot kicking it off? Good lord this is shameless.
>>
>>91708853
The House of Ideas.
Not necessarily their ideas.
>>
>>91708767
I skimmed it... kinda
>>
>>91708157

Which legacy numbers are they returning to? Iron Man? ASM?
>>
>>91708157
>It was pretty clear to retailers there that Marvel are committed to these characters, their diversity, and that they were here to stay.

I see. So Marvel will continue pandering to a demographic that never read their comics in the first place and continue pumping out these shitty, one dimensional token characters just for diversity's sake.

I hope they go bankrupt someday...
>>
File: Where Have I Heard This Before.jpg (163KB, 910x700px) Image search: [Google]
Where Have I Heard This Before.jpg
163KB, 910x700px
>>91708157
>There will be a one-shot called Marvel Legacy #1, but that’s it.
FUCKING LEL
>>
File: Untitled.png (234KB, 327x323px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
234KB, 327x323px
>>91709063
>yfw they do the exact same Rebirth pose but it's Reed's hand they're reaching out for.
>>
>>91709063
I miss that Starfire costume.
>>
Literally all of that sounds fucking horrible. Marvel can't die soon enough.
>>
I'm down to 3 Marvel books now, and I'm sure it'll be 0 soon.
>>
>>91708585
That shop's horrible. Evans looks like a cardboard cut.
>>
File: Franklin Richards.jpg (39KB, 352x640px) Image search: [Google]
Franklin Richards.jpg
39KB, 352x640px
>>91709063
>Franklin Richards takes the place of Dr. Manhattan.
>>
>>91708890
ASM for sure.
>>
>>91709246
>I'm down to 3 Marvel books now, and I'm sure it'll be 0 soon.
Only one so far Renew your vows
>>
>>91708661
>No one likes them save for Kamala.
That's because Kamala isn't stealing anyone's identity. Carol got promoted to Captain Marvel so the costume was free to get.
>>
>>91708157
At least Parker Industries is gone. That shit was cancer.
>>
>>91709246
Yeah I'm down to 1 and none of the new books announced have me even vaguely interested, so I'm pretty sure I'll be at 0 soon too.
>>
Is Fantastic Four coming back?
>>
>>91709293
Also, Kamala has her own distinct personality that stands on its own.
>>
>>91709295
What the fuck is even happening? I heard Peter is going to invade a country or some shit.
>>
>>91708742
I gave up all hope for Spencer when I found out he was an ENTHUSIASTIC Clinton supporter.
>>
>>91709322
I also liked how they tied her to Carol without retconning shit and even her angle was handled nicely.
>>
>Marriage wont come back.

>Fantastic Four are still gone.

>Inhumans will still be shilled.

Marvel's """""""""""""""""""""""""Rebirth"""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
File: 1441573223785.png (217KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1441573223785.png
217KB, 680x680px
>And yes, one of the big things they showed was an image of all the new and diverse characters of Marvel, including Ironheart, Ms Marvel, Thor, etc, with the banner saying in large letters THIS IS MARVEL

NOT MUH MARVEL
>>
>>91709322

Kamala is a cunt in every book featuring her not written by GWW.
>>
So, Marvel Rebirth right?
>>
>>91709253
Perfect representation of his acting talent then.
>>
>>91708157
GIVE US THE CREATIVE TEAMS YOU FUCKS
>>
JUST REBRAND EVERY YEAR, WHY NOT?
>>
>>91709293
Even kamala's creator pointed out how stupid it is to kill/ruin a character for the sake of a legacy is.
>>
>>91709355
at least they seem to have gotten their heads out of their ass and are giving Inhumans to good writers like Ewing and Priest

>inb4 Bitch Ewing
>>
>>91708743
>No ody buys c listers

The Guardians of The Galaxy were definitely C-Listers before the movie. Yet Marvel still published GOTG comics and they sold just fine. Also Marvel published solos for fucking nobodies like Solo and Foolkiller so why not give one to Taskmaster?
>>
>>91709386
that's just because Waid can't write teenagers

or adults
>>
>MUH DIVERSITY

What I like about DC Rebirth is that they're not pushing diversity just as hard. They have diversity but they don't force it.
>>
>>91708789
>blame readers for not wanting diversity characters
>the sjw hear it as "it's the diversity characters fault!!!"
>proceed to try and save face after everything backfires
kek
>>
File: spider-man-facepalm.jpg (65KB, 582x335px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-facepalm.jpg
65KB, 582x335px
>>91709340
Okay, here we go. I'm about to sum up the entirety of the Parker Industries arc.

>Peter is super famous

>Peter has made cars, space ships, airplanes, and submarines for his "bodyguard" Spider-Man.

>He invents a hip new smart watch called Webware.

>Ben Reilly comes back to life.

>Ben turns super evil and starts a zombie outbreak.

>Peter solves the zombie virus by exploding every Webware on the planet.

>A shit load of people sue him.

>Stopping Ben helped Kingpin, so Fisk repays Peter by telling him where Norman is.

>SHIELD helps Peter hunt down Goblin.

>Turns out he took over Symkaria

>Silver Sable wasn't dead (shocker)

>She decides to help Peter

>Public finds out that Parker Industries is helping Silver Sable take back Symkaria.

>SHIELD doesn't want the attention so they throw Peter under the bus and deem him "as much of a threat as AIM and Hydra"

>Peter is now a fugitive toppling a regime.
>>
kek, I hope they're committed to no sales and DC Domination.
>>
>>91708184

>And while there is some factor of moving back to some kind of Nuts and Bolts for certain characters, they insist this will not be at the expense of any of the newer diverse characters.

>And yes, one of the big things they showed was an image of all the new and diverse characters of Marvel, including Ironheart, Ms Marvel, Thor, etc, with the banner saying in large letters THIS IS MARVEL.

Wishful thinking. These new Mary Sue heroes will be ditched eventually. The same has already happened in the 70's and in the 90's, both came with only few survivors who lived through the purge. The Tumblr-era of Marvel will only see Kamala surviving from the new cast.
>>
>>91709545
>The Tumblr-era of Marvel will only see Kamala surviving from the new cast.

As God intended.
>>
File: mania sad.png (34KB, 124x140px) Image search: [Google]
mania sad.png
34KB, 124x140px
>>91708693
I want a Mania solo. Doesn't even have to be an ongoing it could be a mini. I would buy every issue. Hell I may even try to buy every variant which is something I never do.
>>
>>91709545
Yeah, SamCap sales fell into the gutter after SteveCap was released, even with the Hydra stuff. Unworthy Thor blew out Whor even with that stupid Gor revelation. If you offer Hero Classic: What you Grew up With or Saw in a Movie and Redundant Diversity Push, people are going to flock to the former.
>>
>>91709355
>Fantastic Four are still gone.
>Marvel Heroes Omega
>they keep the X-Men, get rid of the F4
What the fuck did the first family do to Perlmutter?
>>
File: Spider Sense.gif (997KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
Spider Sense.gif
997KB, 499x281px
>>91709500
>Spider Man "Bodyguard"
Because we didnt have enough Stark likeness, did we? Seriously, fuck Parker Industries. If I wanted to read a billionaire, Id read Batman, Green Arrow, or Iron Man for christ sake. We cant have The Parker Family outside of RYV's because of Slott/Bendis's autistic fits, so I'll settle for average joe shitty apartment Parker
>>
File: knowhere is on tatooine.jpg (112KB, 971x530px) Image search: [Google]
knowhere is on tatooine.jpg
112KB, 971x530px
>>91709472
>that's just because Waid can't write teenagers
That and the fact that, as with Bendis's many many fuck ups, Marvel Editorial is an oxymoron.
>>
>>91709582
I hope SamNova survives
>>
>>91709618
They know they're never, ever going to get X-Men back. Fantastic Four keeps bombing so there's hope.
>>
>>91709618
didn't sell as well as X-men
>>
>Be a child: In love with Marvel, not a DC fan save for Batman TAS.
>Be a teenager: Like both.
>Become an adult, like DC but hate everything Marvel save for Renew Your Vows.

Feels weird to come full circle like this. Don't know if it's more because Marvel changed or if I did.
>>
>>91708157
>Marvel will go down in flames in Jacks 100th

i hope he is happy in new genesis because i sure am
>>
>>91709682
Meanwhile DC is dedicating the entire year to him basically.
>>
>>91709678
Marvel changed big time

but at the same time, you just end up reading more DC as time passes since they have a far larger backlog of high-quality stories
>>
>>91709625
Actually, Bendis is a marriage fag.

Well, /was/ a marriage fag. Now he's a Miles fag who doesn't want Peter to outshine his OC.
>>
>>91709638
>I hope SamNova survives
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/18/marvel-cancels-nova-june-7/
>>
File: 1463415384898.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1463415384898.gif
1MB, 320x240px
I refuse to read anything from Marvel until they fire writers or at least get editors worth a damn. Anything good under their roof becomes instantly shit, like they want to fail. Ghost Rider? Fuck him, use his book to advertise other characters. Kamala? Lets push her too hard, place her in Avengers status, and remove anything that was remotely interesting about her. Lets kill characters and bench them for a year, lets further bury Spider Man outside of one fanservice book released with contempt, lets continue to be retarded. Because Marvel: Fuck You Thats Why
>>
>>91709727
At least Ultimate Peter got to come back to life so he could live out the last days of the Ultimate universe with MJ.
>>
>>91709727
>/was/ a marriage fag. Now he's a Miles fag
He's just waiting a few years till he can BLACK spider-gwen for reals.
>>
>>91709638
I hope not. That meme needs to end already.
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (63KB, 502x262px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
63KB, 502x262px
>>91709775
WHY WOULD ANYTHING NICE EVER HAPPEN
>>
>>91709604

More importantly SJWs are a fad. And like any fad, people will grow out of it and be embarrassed thinking back. These Diversity Heroes are following that same fad, so like the new hippie superheroes in the 70's or the Liefeld-abominations from the 90's, people will eventually grow out of them.

Only difference is, back then readers actually liked those fads for a time. Tumblr-tier heroes successes have only been on paper for the most part. A simple lie held up by shitty media sites like CA.
>>
>>91709347
Look ma, a faggot.
>>
>>91709823
People will look back at this era with confusion/laughter just like that time Lois Lane walked into a machine that made her black for a day
>>
>>91708157
So let's say you're a Marvel collector, and you want to have every issue of Spider-man or something. If you have every issue of Amazing Spider-man from #1, then a renumbering happens, and then Marvel decides to go back to the original numbering, how do you organize that? Does that count as 3 volumes, one volume, or do the books that return to the old numbering system get added in with the first volume and the relaunch issues are just their own thing?

This is retarded.
>>
>>91709678
Starting with Marvel but moving to DC and indies as you get older and more exposed to comics is pretty normal from what I've seen.
>>
>>91709798
>Kamala? Lets push her too hard, place her in Avengers status, and remove anything that was remotely interesting about her.
Don't forget: writer her as an amazingly self-righteous and entitled cunt in every book outside of her solo ( and I'm sure that'll happen there as well the second that GWW fucks off to Image or DC ).
>>
>>91709831
I'm pretty loud about my politics but I could never pretend to like a candidate for them.
>>
>>91709727
>>91709804
Bendis hates peter?
>>
>>91708157
This will mean nothing unless they get better creative teams or editors willing to whip said writers to write better stories otherwise its going to be the same shit in a new coat

Sadly this will probably work anyway because hardcore fanboy pandering always works regardless of quality
>>
>>91708514
>tfw no series with the new muscly Shulkie as a warrior queen
>>
Everyone at Marvel who has an exclusive is just counting down the days until they are released from the deal with devil
>>
>>91709893
He constantly shills about how Miles should be "the" Spider-Man and how adding an adjective to his name ruins the fact that he should be the main Spider-Man, so I'd say he does.
>>
>>91709893
Peter selling his marriage to the devil ruined Peter for him, much like how Cyclops leaving Madelyne for Jean ruined Scott for Claremont.
>>
>>91709545

Miles's legacy will probably survive, but just by virtue of being a character in Spider-Man and not being Peter Parker himself, he's fucked. Gotta have one more tragic death for Pete to feel bad about, you know.
>>
>>91709893

Yes. Bendis is a career cuckold that intentionally sabatoged his very long run of Ultimate Spider-Man just to introduce his shit OC that people got sick of after 6 months and honestly should have died with the Ultimate universe.
>>
>>91709874
His politics has nothing to do with him being retarded. Also Suicide Squad was terribly cut and paced and the fucking climax was more flaccid than Hugh Hefner's dick.
>>
>>91709063
>>91709136
>>91709258

Guys, you're looking at it wrong. It's going to be Peter reaching for Mephisto's neck.
>>
File: kitzi vs apartheid.gif (27KB, 600x219px) Image search: [Google]
kitzi vs apartheid.gif
27KB, 600x219px
>>91709823
>More importantly SJWs are a fad.
Thats ... not true at all. Image related is from the 1980's. It's just that the sort of College Freshmen Looking For A Cause used to more or less stay on campus ( outside of a protest here or there that most people just ignored ); and people haven't adjusted to the existence of Social Media yet.

In 10 years they'll still be around ( or, more correctly, a new crop of freshmen will have arrived to start the cycle all over ); but they'll be like those e-mails you quickly stopped bothering to pay any attention to that you're older relatives would send you with 4,000 fwds piled on top ( or whatever the Titter equivalent is ... I can't be arsed to keep up anymore. I'm old. )
>>
>>91709948

>Miles's legacy will probably survive,

Most likely not. His problem is that he's too similar to Spider-Man, he doesn't have anything unique to him, other than being black. And despite what lies Tumblr keeps spouting, black people don't really give a shit about the skin color of the character. They're going to pick up and read main Spiderman over Bendis-shit.

Kamala has a chance to sport little adventures of her own simply because she's very unique to the rest of the cast so she stands out. Shes not just a lazy skin recolor like Miles or Riri or the other stupid diversity heroes.
>>
>>91709968

I'm just waiting for the day that Gwenpool kidnaps MJ and demands Peter come save her, with her only demand being that they both shut the fuck up while she explains how retarded they both are and why making deals with Satan 2: Electric Boogaloo was a bad idea.
>>
File: How fans feel about Miles.png (745KB, 1080x413px) Image search: [Google]
How fans feel about Miles.png
745KB, 1080x413px
>>91709948
Miles doesnt have a legacy. The only thing he has is the Ultimate run and faggots have been bringing that up for 5 years with nothing else to show for it. Nearly EVERY appearance of Miles these days is for the sole purpose of rubbing his dick for doing nothing, and justifying his existence. People causally call him Spider Man like the pretend Peter doesnt exist. About the only one to call this shit out was Deadpool
>>
>>91710036

>In 10 years they'll still be around

Emoes and Bronies are also still around but hardly as big as they used to be. Some portion of the cancer will always remain.
>>
>>91710048

Ben Fucking Reilly's legacy survived, the bar for sticking around long enough in the public consciousness for resurrection, the bar is set very, VERY low for Miles.
>>
>>91710036
He's not wrong. The current wave of hair colored SJW are a fad.
>>
>>91710048

Honestly one of the biggest Spider-Man fans I've ever know was a Black guy. I remember asking him one day what he thought about Miles and his only response was "Man fuck that nigga. Not my Spider-Man. Peter or nobody."

Marvel needs to realize that most minorities aren't as braindead as the inner city middle school drop out dregs.
The kind of PoC's that pick up and read things for fun arr smart enough to know when they're being pandered to.
And they hate it.
>>
>>91710118
Ben has the clone history tied to him.

Miles has nothing.
>>
>>91710163
I have a black friend who likes Miles. Although every time I ask him why, he falls back on the Ultimate run.
>>
>>91710163
This.

It's obvious that Miles fans don't read comics and the ones that do are just cross-readers from ASM.

Want proof? Look at any Youtube video Marvel puts out about comics that features Peter then scroll through the comics. You'll see tons of retards asking "But wait, isn't Peter dead?"
>>
>>91708615
Not that anon, but I like seeing Peter successful. It's not that I like Slott, it's that I like the idea that Peter is the boss. Part of the reason why I personally dislike Slott is because he has great ideas but fails in the most spectacular ways to capitalize on them. For example, Spider-Verse. That was supposed to be a Peter-centric event celebrating the many Spider-People from across space and time. Instead it was just a "ohohoho look at me I can kill off your favorite Spideys," not to mention that Doctor Octopus motivates Uncle Ben instead of Peter. I was hoping at the end every Spider would be brought back somehow but no, Dan Slott gets too much of a high off of pissing off fans.

Case in point, Parker Industries. I loved seeing Peter being the big boss and finally using his genius intelligence to a higher potential but I wanted to see confident, competent Peter who, while remaining reactionary, is thoroughly experienced and has learned from his past battles. Instead we get incompetent man-child Peter who always insists on getting what he wants and costing his company hundreds of millions of dollars. Just recently he's going after Norman because he just "wants a win." He's throwing a tantrum and it doesn't make a good motive simply by saying "I want a win." He's been trying to track Norman since the end of Superior Spider-Man, why not just go with that? That he's just been looking into Norman for some time and this was the first lead in a while. I just don't like how childish Peter is in the hands of Slott, which is why I excited for Spectacular.
>>
>>91710118

Ben Reilly has the clone saga going with him. Despite how shitty Clone saga was, back then readers actually gave a shit about it. Nobody gives a shit about Miles now, they won't give a shit about him in the future.
>>
>>91710083
based memepool
>>
>>91708157
>But this is not a crossover, not an event, not a mini-series, more of a rebranding
I thought that's what Marvel Now was for.

Jesus christ. I give up on Cape shit.
>>
>>91710271

Its Marvel acting like a 5 year old kid when forced to admit defeat and that its competitor had the better idea.
>>
>>91708157
i want a hard reboot for marvel
>>
>>91709545
Seeing how all the NuHumans apart from Kamala have been eventually ignored or ditched. I'm think that Marvel will retcon Kamala into not being a Inhuman eventually.
>>
>>91708270
terrible bait
>>
>>91710306
They're childish, and creatively bankrupt. There isnt corporate synergy between the MCU and Marvel Comics, Disney doesnt even touch the books, its literally the writing staff taking shit from the movies because theyre clueless. The sole reason why Bendis killed War Machine outside of justifying Riri, was because he saw the trailer for Civil War and was dumb enough to think Rhodey died
>>
>>91710240
You can be successful without being a multi-trillionare.

Also, having Peter being a glory hound, obnoxious cunt flaunting off his trillions is just straight up out of character.

The best career Peter can have is becoming a professor. Keeps him in the city, makes him well off but not too rich, it keeps him humble, and it also gives him responsibilities. Something he lacked as a CEO.
>>
>>91710271
Marvel Now part 2 was last year's rebranding, much like All New All Different Marvel, Marvel Now part 1, the Heroic Age, Dark Reign...
>>
File: 1390265295995.jpg (34KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
1390265295995.jpg
34KB, 330x330px
>>91708157
>And there will be a handout explaining how each title gets to the issue number they arrive at.

Holy kek they need to hand out fucking diagrams to explain how they fixed their numbering

Maybe relaunching your books six times in five years wasn't the best idea after all
>>
how embarrassing, trying to copy DC, LOL
>>
>>91709246
Down to one here. Star Wars.
>>
>>91710240
>Instead we get incompetent man-child Peter who always insists on getting what he wants and costing his company hundreds of millions of dollars.
Is that some sort of stereotype? I ask because it's literally the way the main character on the tv show APB comes across ( He's basically Steve Jobs/Elon Musk running a police district ). Although in the show he tends to Deus Ex his way out of it ( last ep he was looking at a stockholder revolt and then magically got some sort of contract with the FBI for a bazillion dollars which shut them up until the writers need more cheap drama down the line ).
>>
>>91710468
not half as embarrassing as DC trying to copy marvel in movies
>>
>>91710526
>but muh MOVIEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
I like the Marvel movies but don't be such a drone
>>
>>91710526

drone tears, mmm
>>
>>91708661
Kamala sells worst than jane miles and Laura
Nobody likes her
>>
>>91710526

Except they don't?
So far the DC movies have been rather dark, dreary, somber, and mostly humorless save the occasional quip.

The Marvel films are almost always high energy, constantly loud, "Fun" quipfests.
>>
>>91709823
Anons, we are living in the dark age of Marvel comics. How long do you think it will take Marvel to get their head out of their ass and make Marvel great again?
>I think 7 years oughta be enough...
>>
>>91710468
>trying to copy DC
Ahem.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_Reborn_(comics)
>>
>>91710526
i think thats part of marvels problems, they are letting the shit that happens in their movies dictate whats going on in the comics. The movies are incredibly successful but the comics are complete dog shit
>>
>>91710526

>not half as embarrassing as DC trying to copy Disney in movies

Fixed. At least Disney fucking understands why people like superhero stories in the first place.
>>
File: oscar award winning makeup.jpg (27KB, 287x424px) Image search: [Google]
oscar award winning makeup.jpg
27KB, 287x424px
>>91710604
>I haven't watched a single trailer for Justice League
You sweet summer child.
>>
>>91710648
And the funny bit is that Disney/Marvel Studios doesnt even ask them to do it. Hell, I WANT Disney to step in at this point. Day of the rake cant come fast enough
>>
>>91710526
>MUH MOVIES

Fuck, you're why Marvel COMICS blow ass.
>>
>>91710118
Ben had a pretty good run as Scarlet and Spider. Miles has nothing.
>>
>Actual readers venting about what's turning them off Marvel right now.
>B-but the movies.
Mousefags are the cancer bringimg Marvel down.
>>
>>91710624
>How long do you think it will take Marvel to get their head out of their ass and make Marvel great again?
Well, Jewmutter technically sold Marble to the Mouse. They've let him more or less run things his way up til now; but if the sales completely tank they might decided to step in and course correct.

Right now they're just a hair ( literally 1% ) behind DC in Units and STILL ahead in $$$ so expect at least another quarter or two before the excuses start to wear thin and the stockholders start screaming for blood.

Thankfully Rebirth as shown just how simple a fix is one you're willing to eat a bit of crow and actually address the elephant in the room.
>>
File: 1268957696572.jpg (29KB, 709x720px) Image search: [Google]
1268957696572.jpg
29KB, 709x720px
This sounds more like Marvel's new 52, but worse
>>
>>91710671

Except we've already been lead astray with that once before.

Trailers don't mean shit anymore. Wait for the actual movie.
>>
>>91710795
New 52 was DC's weird creative phase, one that they learned from. This? This is Marvel throwing everything at the wall hoping shit sticks
>>
>>91708661
I like the IDEA of a sexy female blonde-haired, blue-eyed toned Thor.
>>
>>91710801
>Except we've already been lead astray with that once before.
Well, yes. But my point was that the trailer for SS was really REALLY obviously trying for that GotG vibe and once it went over well they literally hired the company that cut the trailer to RE-EDIT the movie itself ( which is how you ended up with Spirit In The Sky in the fucking movie ).
>>
>>91708157
lol fuck marvel, i hope they burn.
>>
>>91710240
I'd rather have him back as a teacher. A shit selfless job that he uses to help kids.
>>
>>91710840
>New 52 was DC's weird creative phase

I thought that was DC YOU?
>>
>>91708853
Neo-Marvelfags will still try to justify this.
>>
Christ, how much longer can they keep resetting their stuff to status quo and redoing all these old stories and shit?

*DO SOMETHING FUCKING NEW, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES.*
>>
>>91710906
Earth X
>>
>>91710840
Is it really throwing shit on the wall if they're doing the same thing they've been doing but now adding a special issue for added sales?
>>
File: 1434338592211.jpg (17KB, 200x235px) Image search: [Google]
1434338592211.jpg
17KB, 200x235px
>>91708853
>>
File: 1485951782485.gif (415KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1485951782485.gif
415KB, 500x332px
>>91708157
>So we will see the fall of Peter Parker and Parker Industries as part of the Spider-Man books
why
>>
>>91709246
The only Marvel stuff I buy now is collections of 20th century stuff. As much as people shit on 90s stuff like the Clone Saga and Onslaught, at least they were bad (arguably) in an entertaining and inoffensive way, unlike now where we've got shit like America that's so unbelievably bad it feels like an insult to humanity that they ever published it.
>>
File: What_If-_Vol_1_10.jpg (400KB, 853x1332px) Image search: [Google]
What_If-_Vol_1_10.jpg
400KB, 853x1332px
>>91710906
>>
>>91710526
>that trailer for avengers 2 where they were painting ultron as a terrifying threat
>LOL

I think the MCU could benefit from taking just a bit of what DCEU has done well (the villains) and applying it to their films. But that's a risk and might not make them money. Disney doesn't have to take risks and that's the big problem with the DCEU's struggles. Giving the MCU some actual competition would force them to improve their movies beyond "Iron Man but Instead of Iron Man it's [CHARACTER NAME]".
>>
>>91709347
I totally understand people who hate Trump, but I'm baffled by people who genuinely like Clinton and didn't just support her because she was (arguably) the lesser of two evils.
The woman is a villain.
>>
>>91708375
I want new writers. Bendis and co are still writing all of this shit.
>>
There is absolutely no point in making a big deal out of Legacy numbering unless you're bringing back the Fantastic Four and renumbering all the old tentpoles (like Uncanny X-Men)
>>
>>91708743
>No ody buys c listers

I see that Marvel shills are as bad at proofreading as Marvel's editors.
>>
>>91709478
DC is introducing diversity without shitting on existing characters or shilling for the new ones. I really think that's all it takes.
>>
File: 35.jpg (942KB, 1177x3705px) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
942KB, 1177x3705px
>>91708157

THIS IS MARVEL!

Literally. The person in charge of content and character development @ Marvel.

Your childhood heroes are NEVER coming back in comic book form.
>>
File: 1489978240958.png (1MB, 1588x1188px) Image search: [Google]
1489978240958.png
1MB, 1588x1188px
yea lets tern spider-man into a nobody again so cool
>>
>>91710906
I'd been fine if they went full earth x and just turned thor into a woman
>>
Fuck yall I like this.
>>
>>91711250
No ones stopping you from eating shit anon
>>
>>91711105

I don't understand how people that aren't billionaires would support Trump. I'm sure a man who's been wealthy his entire life and made his fortune from his father's estate and underpaying/screwing over people has the Average Joe's finances in mind when making his decisions.

That last sentence was sarcasm.
>>
File: tumblr_ohna09tjrm1vfevtto1_500.gif (2MB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohna09tjrm1vfevtto1_500.gif
2MB, 494x494px
>>91711088
>DCEU has done well (the villains)
>>
>>91711033
Because Parker Industries is trash and no one likes it.
>>
>>91711309
>no one likes it
you have any facts about that
>>
>>91709678
I had the same experience. I only cared about Marvel as a kid. I had no interest in DC at all. I watched the Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons religiously and collected as many comics as I could.
But now that I'm older I just don't give a shit about Marvel anymore. Everything they've done since the Civil War/House of M era (which I didn't mind) has been terribly lackluster. Just bland event after bland event.
Marvel doesn't seem to have truly "great" series either. Like DC's got DKR, All Star Superman, Watchmen, Sandman, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, etc that are so transcendentally good that even normies read them, but Marvel has nothing like that outside of maybe Howard the Duck and Warlock.
>>
File: image5.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image5.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>91711033
>>91711193
>there are people who unironically like parker industries
i shiggy dig
>>
>>91711299
They'll tell you, but you'll just refuse to listen and make up your own reasons.
>>
>>91711365
Everyone has been universally bitches and moaning about it on every platform. The only people who like PI are the small handful of Slott fans, and that fag Armin from Comicbookcast.
>>
>>91711250
So out of curiosity, what do you like about it? Because it's literally >>91708691 plus a one-off special to boost sales. They're doing nothing, and I mean NOTHING like the fan and retailer outreach DC did with Rebirth to warrant any good feelings about this rebranding. This is basically one of Marvel's standard relaunches except with a special issue to kick it off. And now that they got that idea in their heads, I'm almost positive they're going to have a special for each annual relaunch.
>>
>>91711421
im not a Slott fan i just dont want him going back to being some poor nobody
>>
>>91711377
I have no idea how anyone could. Like, who the fuck thinks of Spider-Man and thinks him piloting spaceships, denouncing street lever stuff as bellow him, and acting more irresponsibly than ever.
>>
>>91711471
>Everyone who's not a multi-trillionare is a poor nobody.

I mean, they're obviously going to go back to that. But it's better than what we have now. What they /should/ do is make him a college professor. It seems like a natural progression for the character.
>>
>>91711369
>how to spot a casual
no denying DC has a lot more, though
>>
>>91711478
yea lets have him going back to being a nobody and so poor who cant buy some crackers so good
>>
>>91711462
Because I got my characters I love back.
>>
>>91711498
He was already a teacher.
>>
>>91710526
The DCEU constantly gets shit on for NOT copying the MCU dumbass.
>>
>>91711541
So, what? Stark and Banner? Who haven't even been gone for a year? Because that's it.
>>
>>91711498
>What they /should/ do is make him a college professor
fucking why that sounds fucking boring as fuck why do you idiots want him back in school so fucking bad
>>
>>91711533
why are the only options Tony Stark clone and homeless
>>
>>91711533
>Not being a super rich douche makes you a poor loser.

If you want to read Iron Man so bad then just go read Iron Man.

>>91711550
He was a teacher, not a college professor.
>>
>>91711574
Okay then what about working at a lab of some sorts? Would fit with Peter's science background.
>>
>>91711593
Marvel hated him being a teacher because they thought it made him too old, just like his marriage. Having him teach 18-22 year olds is right out.
>>
>>91711299
I don't know why you're making this a reply to my comment when I said nothing positive about Trump.
>>
>>91711574
Because it's something Peter would do and it has nothing to do with him going back to school.

He'd still be involved with science and would be passing his knowledge on to the younger generation. It keeps him responsible, something he's clearly not when he's a multi-trillionare.
>>
>>91711575
>see the fall of Peter Parker
ask them it seems like thas what they will be doing and dont doctor octopus want the company back what if they give all to him will that make you happy
>>
>>91711613
That was Horizon, which got blown up.
>>
>>91708853
Don't know why anyone is surprised, the Big 2 have been continuously aping each-other one way or another for decades now
>>
File: 1419398047528.png (227KB, 337x448px) Image search: [Google]
1419398047528.png
227KB, 337x448px
>>91711378

Someone lost an argument.
>>
>>91711640
the only thing that would make me happy about Spider-man at this point if Slott was kicked off the book and banished from comics forever
>>
>>91711619
>Marvel hated him being a teacher because they thought it made him too old, just like his marriage.

This is the problem. Nothing will ever change until they let go of retarded shit like this.
>>
>>91711613
yea that sounds good im just hoping they dont fuck him over
>>
>>91711525
They don't though. Marvel has plenty of great mainstream stuff, but they have none of those really above-and-beyond kind of stories that end up on non-fans' bookshelves. Nobody gives a shit about Vision or the Starlin cosmics. It's all a bit lower tier.
>>
>>91711640
What will make me happy?

Everything after OMD erased. Parker Industries has been the /lowest/ point of post-OMD, and that's really saying something.
>>
>>91711162

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

I love it when cis get rekt!!!!
>>
File: cry.png (209KB, 341x511px) Image search: [Google]
cry.png
209KB, 341x511px
>>91711665
we cant have good things man
>>
>>91711613
They already did that. Twice.
>>
>>91711162
Can't wait for her new characters Sharia-Man and the Incredible Hijab!
>>
>>91711697
Lots of people know Dark Phoenix. It made it to a cartoon and a movie.
>>
>>91711574
Why do you want Peter to be Iron Man so bad?
>>
>>91711162

Seems like a logical person. What's the big problem?
>>
File: bait.jpg (56KB, 1134x692px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
56KB, 1134x692px
>>91708375
But this isn't what we wanted...they still have hammy/bad writers, and "some" of the actual heroes are returning to their posts, but they committed to the new ones. This is literally none of what we wanted.
>>
>>91711162
Still better than Joe Quesada.
>>
>>91711697
popularity shouldn't be a determination of quality. Miller's Daredevil is one of the best comics of all time, let alone Big 2 comics, but it's not popular so apparently it's not as good according to you.
>>
>>91711162

KEK. That gyro Roastie's gonna put Marvel into 3rd or 4th place, and they don't even care because the merch and film division makes so much money! The comics side are only an IP farm from now on.
>>
>>91711000
>>91711195
On the topic of Earth X, I just want to say that Earth X Venom is pretty cool. Hopefully we'll see her in the Venomverse event.
May>Miles
>>
>>91711734
And a game, in a traumatic way.

RUN
RUN
RUN
RUN
>>
File: earth x venom.jpg (91KB, 286x866px) Image search: [Google]
earth x venom.jpg
91KB, 286x866px
>>91711818
Forgot to post pic
>>
>>91711818
Why spoiler that.

Everyone knows it. I took a shit this morning, that turd was a better character than Miles.
>>
File: we gotta get spongebob back.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
we gotta get spongebob back.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>There are people on this board right now who like Parker Industries.
>>
>>91711033
They need him to be as close to jobless, penniless, failure high school Peter Parker as they could get to take advantage of Homecoming.
>>
Ock should just team up with peter, run PI and let peter just run around being spiderman.
>>
>>91711574
Are you literally 12 years old? Be honest now.
>>
>>91711993
are you retarded
>>
>>91711991
Or we could have Otto take over Parker Industries entirely, bring back the Superior Spider-Man title, and kick Slott off of ASM so he can write that.
>>
>>91712022
You're the one who was constantly implying that if you're not Steve Jobs you're a poor loser. And you just implied being a college professor is the same thing as being a highschooler.
>>
>>91712040
Slott needs to be excised completely from the character.
>>
>>91708157
>There will be a one-shot called Marvel Legacy #1, but that’s it. It’s kickstarting the Bleeding Cool-rumoured “Make Mine Marvel”.
Holy shit they're not even trying to hide the fact that they're once again copying DC.
>>
>>91711700
Nah. OMD happened and regressing his character is what fucked up Parker in the first place. I say kill him and replace him with the RYV Spiderman.
>>
>>91708157
>Marvel Legacy #1
>$5.99
>No returns.
You know it's coming.
>>
>>91712134
They were actually getting rid of good stories then. Nothing of value has ever come out of OMD.
>>
>>91712174
it'll probably be $10, 40 pages, and no returns, but yeah
>>
>>91712196
OMD showed Marvel fags that their opinions didn't matter to Marvel. That has to count for something.
>>
>>91710461
RIGHT?! New52 was 1 thing, hell Multiversity needed charts, but to need a handout explaining the path to renumbering is a bad sign. At least Rebirth said, yeah everything is back at #1, and anything else kicks off from the last.
>>
File: LAUGH.jpg (29KB, 696x413px) Image search: [Google]
LAUGH.jpg
29KB, 696x413px
>>91710629
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_Reborn_(comics)
LITERALLY 20 years ago...YEAH HEHEHE DC ARE COPYCATS
>>
>>91710064
I'm sure she knows quesada would kill her. She'd probably just have some sort of mental breakdown and start drinking while giving a confused giving Peter a hug.
>>
>>91709500
Doesn't sound bad, but doesn't sound like a spider story either.
>>
>>91711662
Naw he's right. You start to explain why you support Trump and people cut you off and say, "oh so you're [-ist]?" Then you try to defend yourself and they do it again, just like Marvel-they blame it on "hating diversity."
>>
>>91709500
This sounds almost word for word like the synopsis of an Iron Man story. Just change Peter for Tony, Spider-Man for Iron Man, Silver Sable for Madam Mask, Symkaria for China and Norman for the Mandarin
>>
>>91708375
It sounds like they aren't backing down and not getting rid of the shitty legacy characters. And it sounds like they are just using the old heroes to shill the new ones.

Plus the movie synergy doesn't even sound like they attempted to be organic (Planet Hulk again? Really?)
>>
>>91711162
Looks like Marvel is truly gone.

Lets see for how long they'll keep Deadpool and Cable original to their concepts. They already managed to get rid of Cyclops. It's sad to see your favorite characters butchered for such stupid reasons...
>>
>>91712301
>At least Rebirth said, yeah everything is back at #1, and anything else kicks off from the last.
Action and Tec counted the N52 issues in their numbering, but it's of course nowhere near the clusterfuck Marvel has to sort out with their numbering due to annual relaunches.
>>
>>91708157
Why? Even the head sales suit of Marvel admitted Diversity isn't something people want. What's the point? Is appeasing themarysue.com really important?
>>
So Peter's gonna die?
>>
>>91709320
Is FOX still owner of their movie rights???
>>
>>91713068
We have, like, two new Peter books coming out around this time, so no.

It's just a back to basics approach.

Or maybe Mephistoverse Peter dies and 616 Peter rises from hell to reclaim his marriage.
>>
>>91713068
Again?
>>
>>91708157
>There will be a one-shot called Marvel Legacy #1, but that’s it
Jesus Christ they're literally copying the Rebirth formula. But who's their big name to write it? Johns is extremely popular outside of /co/, I really don't see who holds the same weight over at Marvel.
>>
So I guess Peter's gonna lose all his tech? That's kind of a shame. Iron Spider shit aside, I kinda liked how he finally, FINALLY made a semi-permanent upgrade from fucking tights.
>>
>>91711162

>Your childhood heroes are NEVER coming back in comic book form.

Fucking GOOD. Companies like Marvel need to learn how to let things end.
>>
>>91713232
The PI suit was shit and the color scheme was all over the place.
>>
>>91710526
But they don't? And that's why they get shit.

Holy shit kill yourself you retarded corporate cocksucker.
>>
File: New Super-Man (2016-) 010-019.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
New Super-Man (2016-) 010-019.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>91711160
>>DC is introducing diversity without shitting on existing characters or shilling for the new ones.

Marvel could learn a thing or two from DC.
>>
>>91708298
Peter has the power that comes with owning a huge company but none of the responsibility. Literally set up to fail.
>>
>>91713269
It's blue and red.

It was designed by Alex Ross, a man who lives by feeding off of nostalgia and is permanently stuck in the 80s.
>>
>>91709915
who need no man
>>
>>91713358
Blue, red, and green. The green fucks the entire thing up.

Also, who cares if Alex Ross drew it, doesn't change the fact that it looks like shit. They should have just gone with his other Spider-Man design.
>>
File: Stan.jpg (144KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Stan.jpg
144KB, 1000x563px
>>91713230
Maybe they'll get Stan Lee will come out of retirement.
>>
>>91713450
Why? So everything stays the same, but this time some old fart says he made everything?
>>
>>91713324
To follow up on this, Peter might also lose his supporting cast because he's fucking over all of his employees. With the exception of Anna-Marie and Harry, it's likely everyone else will go the way of Jill Stacy.
>>
>>91709500
Silver Sable will probably die or be the Gwen, cucking Goblin and being crazy.
>>
>>91713501
That's exactly something Marvel and Stan would do.
>>
>>91713506
Harry is starting to resent Peter again because Norman said he wasn't a complete failure, but still a failure.
>>
>>91713891
Best case scenario Harry steals PI from Peter in a corporate takeover and saves everyone's asses.
>>
>>91710083
Why did Marvel fuck up so hard with Miles and his "I'm Spider-Man" shit? Peter never fucking retired or died the whole goddamn time. This isn't like Green Lanterns or Nova's, in the main universe's there's one Goddamn Spidey.
>>
>>91713506
>With the exception of Anna-Marie

She'll leave too and only come back for the occasional Otto story.
>>
>>91709893
He doesn't get participation checks for Peter but he does for Miles.

And Ironheart.

Bendis is a fucking comic book writer turned racketeer...
>>
>>91708375
They can bring back as many older characters as they want, I don't care. It's only one symptom of marvel's problem.

One problem is they have their "big" writers stretched over too many books.
Over the past year Soule, Bendis, Waid, Lemire, and Spencer were writing 4+ each, but that has since changed some and now they seem to be starting it with Ewing.

Also most of their big writers are terrible or stuck on books that do not suit them. Whoever put Soule on Inhumans killed his momentum as a big two writer. Lemire cannot do teams so him having ateam book at marvel is baffling because he fucked up like 3 team books at DC, so LEARN from those mistakes. Bendis is Bendis. Slott has run out of ideas for Spider man so somebody needs to get their big boy pants on and kick him off. Waid has frankly just gotten bad (and a lot of older comic writers do.. Wolfman, Claremont, Miller, Nocenti, etc).
This will happen with Spencer and Ewing.

Another problem is they've tossed some writers who have never written a superhero comic before on an ongoing before and pushed it hard, instead of easing them into it with a mini or letting them co write or anything. Coates and Rivera being the two most notable. Coates worked out okayish but Rivera is a disaster of a comic writer.
And they get webcomic artists who are garbage.

But the biggest problem of all: their editorial and higher ups sucks ass.
They barely have any direction, they barely seem to edit the actual comic, and they seem to exist to push events and crossovers onto books.
No one is steering the boat and as a result, marvel comics and basically just swerving all over the place. Not just comic wise, but PR wise. see the hydra nonsense, "diversity is why we sell bad, not our shitty practices and events!", "artists are shit", their writers throwing fits on social media (Waid, Slott, Spencer), etc
>>
>>91708157
>>So we will see the fall of Peter Parker and Parker Industries as part of the Spider-Man books.

Thank God.
>>
>>91709812
I don't think Marvel has the balls.
He needs to be written out already, but I can't imagine Marvel going through with killing him.
>>
What isnwith /co/ and it's inability to post sources?
>>
>>91714865
it's the first reply
>>
Sounds like it's going to be another year til I give Marvel a chance.
Until they stop pandering to millenials, I'm not going to care.
>>
>>91709246
I'm down to one, Daredevil.
>>
>>91708298
I didn't, but I also didn't want it to end in total failure and Peter inevitably being hated again. Of course, Slott think Peter must be the Marvel equivalent of Charlie Brown forever.
>>
>>91715211
>Of course, Slott think Peter must be the Marvel equivalent of Charlie Brown forever.

Even Charlie Brown got an eventual good end.
>>
File: All hope is lost.jpg (551KB, 923x1034px) Image search: [Google]
All hope is lost.jpg
551KB, 923x1034px
>>91709678
Same, but for Marvel I'd add the Deadpool ongoings and the occasional others.
>>
>>91710936
That's a good idea and I think >>91710420 's idea of Peter becoming a professor is a great continuation of that.
>>
>>91714579
Bravo.
>>
>>91709812
He would just end up replaced woman of color.
>>
>>91714579
Give this man a medal and save this for future references.
>>
>>91708345
There won't be changes without mass firings.
>>
>>91713281
This page and the next are so good. Dam I love me this series
>>
>>91708298
Read fucking Ironman if you want that shit.
>>
Marvel is trying to capture the DC Rebirth hype by still pushing their legacy shit characters?

They've learned literally nothing. Fuck off Marlel
>>
>>91710048
Miles had peters villains in ultimate universe and some of peters supporting characters, but now he lost the villains and those supporting characters (besides black cat since shitt fucked up everything about her). He's bland on his own, and bendis missed a great chance for miles to grow as a character having to accept that the people around him arent the people he knew. Maybe have mysterio fuck with him some. Also i want more interaction between him and peter, with peter as a supporting cast i could see lots of fun happening.
Miles just doesnt work well in 616 as he's just a bunch of missed opertunities.
>>
Can we either kill off Peter to give Miles some real character development, or can we kill Miles to give Peter his rightful place back?

I really don't give a fuck which one, but please make it happen. I don't want 50 spider people running around, two of which have the exact same superhero name. Like nigga, how are you both Spider-Man?
>>
>>91708184
They do have someone steering: David Gabriel. It's the 90s all over again with Marketing leading the way... straight into bankruptcy.
>>
>>91708157
>It’s kickstarting the Bleeding Cool-rumoured “Make Mine Marvel”. Marvel confirmed that, yes, as Bleeding Cool reported they are returning some titles to their legacy numbering, while still crafting the titles to be new reader friendly. And there will be a handout explaining how each title gets to the issue number they arrive at.

Before I heard about this I sent a message to Gerry Duggan pointing out that if you totaled up all of the "main" solo Deadpool books, they were getting very very close to issue 200 soon and asked if there were any plans relating to that. He gave me some impish "Yes, there are definitely plans" response. I wonder if it's in connection with this.
>>
>>91708890

Venom was already confirmed.

ASM, Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Iron Man, Black Panther and Thor are hitting Milestones soon so they'll likely get legacy numbering too.
>>
File: C62gyNxUwAIHVyN.jpg large.jpg (464KB, 1646x768px) Image search: [Google]
C62gyNxUwAIHVyN.jpg large.jpg
464KB, 1646x768px
>>91716682
>I really don't give a fuck which one, but please make it happen. I don't want 50 spider people running around, two of which have the exact same superhero name. Like nigga, how are you both Spider-Man?
Pic related. Almost everyone but Miles.
>>
>>91717269
Fuck that noise.
Slott is the only thing keeping Bendis from killing Peter which slott does by killing a shit tonn of spider men and the stable still has more bitch's than a New Orleans pimp.
Damn.
>>
>>91712476

....but are you though?
>>
>>91710526
>not half as embarrassing as marvelfags trying to reach for the muh movies card
>>
>>91709347
He was actually in politics (left) before working at Marvel. Expecting anything else but very vocal support for Clinton or Bernard is a bit silly.
>>
File: 1492084967325.png (88KB, 252x278px) Image search: [Google]
1492084967325.png
88KB, 252x278px
>>91713230
>Who's their big name to write it?
BENDIS OF COURSE MY MAN KEK XD
>>
>>91709320
Doesn't sound like it.

>>91713104
FOX having the rights no longer matters. Perlmutter was kicked off the movie team, so the mandate is over. That's why we're seeing the X-Men get more attention, even if it is shit.

I think it's just their current editorial and "big name" writers don't care about the FF
>>
>>91708375
>>91708420
>>91708465
>>91708743
>>91711250
>>91711541
So how much is Marvel paying you guys for shilling?
>>
>>91717842
They do it for free, anon.
>>
>>91711541
Characterfags are cancer.
>>
>>91708157
So a worse version of DC Rebirth then?
>>
>>91708375
>Bendis didn't get sacked and cut off his balls for the crimes he already committed.

Sorry, I don't give a shit. Marvel is still a shithouse unless they pull a rebirth out their ass with this and I doubt they will.
>>
>>91714579
good post
>>
File: 1450736982160.png (473KB, 777x435px) Image search: [Google]
1450736982160.png
473KB, 777x435px
>So we will see the fall of Peter Parker and Parker Industries as part of the Spider-Man books.

Of course why improve a character or maybe even evolve one?....No? Ok than just change costumes and recycle an old story and put a spin on maybe throw a clone or two in it for good measure.

>Tying in thematically with Thor: Ragnarok, we will see the Return to Planet Hulk in the Hulk books.

Can't let any money grab slip by.

>And then the resurrection of Tony Stark in Iron Man.

Pffft I need a fucking list of how long characters stay dead I want to see who has the longest and shortest record now.

Sigh....Do we have any villains anymore or you know never mind the stories are hollow and recycled I make it my business not to even support them anymore.

Until they don't make a profit.
>>
>>91719046
>Of course why improve a character or maybe even evolve one?....No? Ok than just change costumes and recycle an old story and put a spin on maybe throw a clone or two in it for good measure.

Peter was regressing as a character with Parker Industries. It's better off gone, Tony Stark lite as absolute trash.
>>
File: giphy.gif (966KB, 500x305px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
966KB, 500x305px
>People like Parker Industries.

Why? Serious question.
>>
>>91708375

I want all the diverse characters gone.
>>
>>91711000
>>91711195
I think everyone would have liked it better if Thor had turned into a woman instead of Whor.

People would still complain but it would at least still be Thor.
>>
>>91709545

I hope they're all dropped. It's like those really lame 90s heroes, they all need to go, too.

I just want them to be anticlimatically killed off.
>>
>>91709604

Did anyone, anyone at all like SamCap?

BuckyCap was like Dick Grayson taking over as Nightwing - It was the logical step, and they got a lot of great stories out of it. But Sam spent all his time fucking around with racial issues in America!

Sure, that's what I fucking read comics for. To see them explore complex racial issues. I like that his final issue just had him go "Fuck it, I was a shitty Captain America. I quit." and fly off.
>>
>>91710048

What amazes me about Miles is how he had an actual, in-series retcon. Where we last left Miles, his father hated him and his mother was dead. Bendis had clearly written himself into a corner, so his mother was resurrected and everyone is cool with the family situation.

The main problem with Miles is that he doesn't need to exist. The moment it was revealed Ultimate Peter was alive, he was completely redundant.
>>
>>91708298
Nothing says "Spider-Man" like watching him drive a car or fly a jet or go scooba diving, right? And man, watching Peter be an incompetent CEO is so exciting!
>>
>>91719046
>Pffft I need a fucking list of how long characters stay dead I want to see who has the longest and shortest record now.
Xavier dead since 2012. 616 Wolverine dead since 2014, Yelena has been dead for 3 years that the most recent deaths i can think.
>>
File: burns bored 2.jpg (37KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
burns bored 2.jpg
37KB, 512x384px
>>91708157
>There will be a one-shot called Marvel Legacy #1, but that’s it. It’s kickstarting the Bleeding Cool-rumoured “Make Mine Marvel”.

Wow, this is so original and unique! It's almost like some sort of...Marvel Universe Rebirth!
>>
>>91719239
>Peter we have an important meeting I want you to-

>KEK fuck that, I'm gonna play baseball.
>>
>>91719177
>Did anyone, anyone at all like SamCap?

Yes, autist. Believe it or not, people are capable of enjoying things you don't.

SamCap had stronger sales than Steve had been getting for months, until Marvel gave Steve a clickbait-generating "LOL HE'S A NAZI NOW" storyline which naturally boosted his sales.

>Sure, that's what I fucking read comics for. To see them explore complex racial issues

Wow, you must hate the X-Men, then. Sorry not all of us want our comics to be written at kindergarten levels.
>>
>>91708157
>>And then the resurrection of Tony Stark in Iron Man.

Wouldn't Stark have to be, you know, dead to be resurrected? He's in a coma right now.
>>
File: reaction cold william.jpg (31KB, 308x313px) Image search: [Google]
reaction cold william.jpg
31KB, 308x313px
>>91719239
>Nothing says "fun comics" like watching a guy fail over and over again and never get to achieve anything! Loses his daughter, loses his wife, loses his company! Fun! And man, watching Peter go back to the same dull-ass status quo he's had since the 80's will be so exciting! I bet he'll live with Aunt May again! Excitement!
>>
File: 1479602217956.jpg (237KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479602217956.jpg
237KB, 960x960px
>>91710526
>>
>>91719335
>If he's not a multi-trillionare then he's a loser nobody.

Seriously, why did anyone like that trash? It's the lowest point of post-OMD
>>
>>91719335

You know at this point I'd just be happy if Peter and MJ got back together as a live in boyfriend-girlfriend scenario for the next 20 years, occasionally seperating for a few issues so Peter can go fuck the Slottism out of Felicia and dial that bitch-knob back down to low heat where it belongs.
>>
>So we will see the fall of Peter Parker and Parker Industries as part of the Spider-Man books

Good, now to get rid of Slott
>>
>>91708157
>they insist this will not be at the expense of any of the newer diverse characters.

This 100% to me sounds like a statement they made because they think Rebirth deleted all the diverse characters DC had.
>>
>>91719404
>so Peter can go fuck the Slottism out of Felicia and dial that bitch-knob back down to low heat where it belongs
i've been schooled on trash talking bitches...thank you, anon.
>>
>>91717269
That blonde kid's face...wait is that drawn by the dude that does My Hero Academia?!
>>
>>91708157

How can you return to a pile of rubble?
>>
>>91719312
>SamCap had stronger sales than Steve had been getting for months, until Marvel gave Steve a clickbait-generating "LOL HE'S A NAZI NOW" storyline which naturally boosted his sales.
Steve didn't even have a book until then.
>>
>>91717269
>"For every character you like in Marvel, we got a Spider-Man zoo"
>"For every character you don't like in Marvel, another Spider-Man too!"
>>
>>91708406
>I need to see creative teams first.
They've been shown already
it's literally the same people handling the books they've shit up,
>>
File: JL SS Laugh.jpg (694KB, 1820x1210px) Image search: [Google]
JL SS Laugh.jpg
694KB, 1820x1210px
>>91708875
Touche
>>
>>91709500
>>SHIELD doesn't want the attention so they throw Peter under the bus and deem him "as much of a threat as AIM and Hydra"
I can actually get behind this idea as one of those so bad it's good kinda thing
Shame about the execution though
>>
>>91710963
DC You is more the acid phase, the bad kind of acid
>>
>>91719875
I liked some of books from the DCYou
>>
Jim Shooter is attending the C2E2 this year, can any of you ask him to come back to Marvel? Pleeeeeease?
>>
>>91719177
>Did anyone, anyone at all like SamCap?

I tried. Talk of a wasted character. Tried to read his book. It's BLM: The Comic
>>
>>91719934
DCYou has its gems, but line wide wise it was still a dud
Shame too, Yang did good stuff with Superbro
>>
File: 1487823489621.jpg (359KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487823489621.jpg
359KB, 720x720px
>>91720027
I doubt it. Was he right on trying to get rid of carol.
>>
>>91720182
>trying to get rid of carol
Definitely /ourguy/.
>>
>>91708157
>>So we will see the fall of Peter Parker and Parker Industries as part of the Spider-Man books.
>>Tying in thematically with Thor: Ragnarok, we will see the Return to Planet Hulk in the Hulk books.
>>And then the resurrection of Tony Stark in Iron Man.
Why the fuck is Marvel so creatively bankrupt?
>>
>>91720226
This
>>
>>91708157
So Parker Industries is finally kill? Only good news in this.
>>
>>91709063

Written by Bendis!
>>
>>91709246
Which? At this point what the fuck are you picking up.
>>
>>91720226
>sucking spook shit
/ouguy/ would make any character better than every before
>>
>>91709293
Identity Theft isn't a promotion.
>>
Will we get a Kobik vs. Franklin Richards showdown as to who fixes reality?
>>
>>91721963
Not him, but

>Spider-Man/Deadpool
>Spider-Man RYV
and
>Uncanny Avengers.

I'll pick up the Brock series for a few issues to see how it rubs me.
>>
>>91709320
They should be, there not. X-men sells easily. Fantastic Four is more nuanced. It requires imagination and talent. The current crop of writers at Marvel possess neither.

Its fitting. FF is the book that symbolized Marvel. In the 60s it was the redefining series. Having it gone is symbolic of the soulless zombie the imprint has become.
>>
>>91711105
And what exactly did she do?
Pizzagate isn't real and has actually been traced back to macedonian teenagers inventing ridiculous internet news articles for cash.
Benghazi has absolutely nothing on her and it's blatantly just wasting taxpayer money to make it look like there's remotely anything that can be pinned on her by republicans which is a strategy that worked. She's been dragged down there to testify and get cleared of wrongdoing so many times she wrote a goddamn novel about it and started telling them to read the fucking book because she answered that question 13 times already.
Anything in the middle east is a consequence of republicans starting shit and handling it badly over a decade ago plus it's highly hypocritical given how much republicans and Trump supporters love war once they're in charge of it. I could disagree with the obama administration's handling of the situation but it's really not anything unusual for a US administration..
Her charity scandal was literally nothing because even if she was actually bribed by that she's only 1/7 of one phase of the decisionmaking and the rest is left up to councils she has no influence over which makes her the least efficient person to bribe.
The best we've got is her emails which is also a load of nothing for not wanting Bill Clinton's dick pics and her Hiloli cosplay to be revealed to the world compared to a certain other candidate deleting emails that we know were criminally incriminating.
Her big mistake in coal country was being an honest politician (how did that manage to exist?) and telling the coal miners that she'd make new types of jobs for them since coal is gonna die as an industry. Even the coal barons of the world agree that the industry has no hope of being saved.

So overall it's just really hard to actually think of her as remotely villainous when a bunch of people that are actually villainous keep on making up false charges and accusations to cause her to look villainous.
>>
>>91709511

Between the Mouse characters, Miracleman, and Star Wars Marvel should have no trouble keeping up with DC. That they lose so bad says how fucked they are.

>>91709593
She's not gay/minority enough. And besides, do you really want to see her Champ'd?
>>
>>91712393
Wasn't a universe wide reboot. More or less Marvel took their worst selling Kirby and Lee books and handed them off to Maximum and Windstorm. For a year. Sold well too. They just wanted 5 or six million units an issue. And that was insane.
>>
>>91708157
Are the Fantastic Four back?
No?

Then I dont care. Marvel is focused on being a brand and synergy instead of good comics.
>>
>>91722088
>Gaiman's Miracleman will never be finished, ever
>>
>>91720147
Yang was shit, so was Superbro. Understand why you liked it. There are two kinds of people. Fans of Superman and people who thought there was something wrong about him. The latter are Superbro fans.

>>91719875
agreed. /co liked DCyou because it was Vertigo edge tinged. It ignored that three quarters of the line looked like SJW Image lite books. Sold like them too. The few good books:

Gotham Academy, Grayson, and Starfire were all decent. Omega Men, meh, Kingfags make it out to be great. It was bleh.
>>
>>91722015
But not Gwenpool?
>>
File: loco.jpg (60KB, 309x656px) Image search: [Google]
loco.jpg
60KB, 309x656px
>>91722310
>>
>>91722296
It will, gaiman is just slow He's still writing a Batman story he's worked on for the last thirty years. He gets distracted. Allot.

http://www.cbr.com/neil-gaiman-batman-story-28-years/
>>
This bums me out as Marvel fan but at the same time I'm weirdly happy about this because maybe this will teach them to have some damned humility.
>>
File: 80 Shrug.jpg (21KB, 599x448px) Image search: [Google]
80 Shrug.jpg
21KB, 599x448px
>>91722310
I like both Superbro and Superdad. Then again, I'm easily entertained, so who cares about what you and I think on a Ugandan Ice Fishing website
>>
>>91722356
Posting American Chavez. I'm not mad. I'm, salty and a little horny. Don't worry, I'd fuck the gay right out of that.
>>
>>91708157
>committed to these characters
>diversity is here to stay

Jesus fucking shitballs, they REALLY want to double down on forced diversity after getting their dicks kicked inside their scrotes by retailers and customers? They KNOW they are losing millions hand over fist and still want to keep truckin over the cliff?

This is self indulgent suicide. There is no fucking silver lining for Marvel anymore with this thinking. At least DC Rebirth is saving the industry.
>>
>>91722460
>prefers America over any DC book
I knew you were a shill.
>>
>>91719312

But Steve only got his book when he became a Hydra agent. There was no 'Commander Steve Rogers' book until he got de-aged, and then he was already HYDRA.
>>
>>91722423
Never. Ever.
>>
File: I wanna be edgy.jpg (303KB, 1250x745px) Image search: [Google]
I wanna be edgy.jpg
303KB, 1250x745px
>>91722448

Too much edge for me, man.
>>
>>91722562
>triggered
>>
File: Superbro Right Choice.jpg (3MB, 3000x1502px) Image search: [Google]
Superbro Right Choice.jpg
3MB, 3000x1502px
>>91722562
He has his moments
>>
>>91710118
Ben had to return as very different character in order to make him stand out from Peter though. Miles just has his youth, which is pointless when Marvel doesn't want Peter to be seen as old either, and his Black skin color.

Really, the only reason he has survived so far is because he inherited Ultimate Spider-Man. Moving him to the main MCU hasn't really helped since sales after the initial boost since it's mostly the same old fanbase.
>>
File: 1476800580236.png (202KB, 540x208px) Image search: [Google]
1476800580236.png
202KB, 540x208px
>>91723140
>main MCU

Just say 616 you damn newfag.
>>
>>91708184
They need Jim Shooter again
>>
>>91715211

Say what you will about Slott, but he's the one who had Peter take a job as a scientist in the first place, which he's been doing for over 7 years.

OMD had nothing to do with Slott, and Slott's run on Spider-man has never been about taking things back to the status quo.

I mean, plenty of room to criticize him, but saying that Slott thinks of Peter as Charlie Brown is just something a fucking idiot would say.
>>
>>91719635

It looks like Murata, the revised One Punch Man artist.
>>
File: Capture.png (73KB, 775x418px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
73KB, 775x418px
>>91724053
>but saying that Slott thinks of Peter as Charlie Brown is just something a fucking idiot would say.

But Slott literally said it on his Twitter.
>>
>>91708298
You're stupid shit up
>>
>>91709618
the few FF fans are content with FF being in the limbo. X-Fags wanted to help FF-fags, but FF-fags didn't want to, so here you go. No FF for you folks
>>
File: mania_andi_benton_ jisoo kim.png (362KB, 800x1207px) Image search: [Google]
mania_andi_benton_ jisoo kim.png
362KB, 800x1207px
>>91722088
>She's not gay/minority enough.

Whor isn't gay nor a minority. And while Female Hawkeye may be a lesbian she's still a white chick.

>And besides, do you really want to see her Champ'd?

No I guess I don't want to see her in Champions, if that's what you mean by "Champ'd". If the book got a better writer than Waid that would make the book less preachy and was perhaps more subtle when it came to political topics then maybe. But as of now no.

Besides Champions though I would honestly take Mania in literally anything. Anything to keep her relevant. Anything to keep her from falling back into limbo. And I really mean that. If it was announced that Mania would be appearing in an issue of Miles Morales Spider-Man, I would buy that. And I really, really do not like Miles. I think he's one of the worst Marvel characters ever. But for Mania I would buy an issue of his book. Fuck I even think the Mania and Miles meeting and interacting with each other could honestly be interesting to see. Basically whatever Mania would be appear in, be it another character's book, a team book not named Champions, or an event I would buy.

Yeah I know I sound like a pathetic, desperate characterfag. I don't care, because I love this character and I want her to succeed, no matter what it takes.
>>
>>91710083
But Miles has "Potential"
>>
>>91722083
Republicans are extremely efficient at messaging and working their base up into a fever pitch, and ever since Gingrich was able to push through an impeachment after years of making up scandals that's been the Republican M.O.
>>
>>91722083

>Anything in the middle east is a consequence of republicans starting shit and handling it badly over a decade ago plus it's highly hypocritical given how much republicans and Trump supporters love war once they're in charge of it. I could disagree with the obama administration's handling of the situation but it's really not anything unusual for a US administration..

Obama admitted his biggest mistake was following Shrillary's advice on Libya.

>Her charity scandal was literally nothing because even if she was actually bribed by that she's only 1/7 of one phase of the decisionmaking and the rest is left up to councils she has no influence over which makes her the least efficient person to bribe.

Donate money to Clinton Foundation, get preferable treatment from the State Dept.

She'd have be impeached in no time.

Forget the gushing Wall Street speeches. Forget the Superpredators crack back in the 90's.

HRC lost because of her Charisma Deficit Disorder. Her speeches sucked the air out of every room she haunted.

She was a corrupt, angry hack with severe daddy issues. As bad as Trump is, at least we're not at war with Russia.
>>
>>91723937
He'd charged with multiple homicides in a week.

If he couldn't fire 99% of the writing/art/editing staff.
>>
>>91725365
No but we're at war with Syria and soon North Korea, Russia is sending bombers to Alaska, and Germany, Britain, South Korea, and Japan all hate us now.

Plus we've got a president whose entire campaign was staffed with Russian nationals and is actively profiting off of the presidency in so many ways it makes your fucking hear spin.
>>
>>91724741
>Kate is gay

Since when? I thought she liked black cock.

>Champion what I mean?

Yep. It deserves a term when every character that book touches it turns to shit. Viv, gwenpool, Chulk.

Wow, you'd read Bendis? I get it, I'm a Cass fag and felt the same way. And then BRE happened and stupid fucking 'Tec. Now? Now I couldn't care. less. My opinion after the shit Snyder and his boyfriend put me thru is I'd rather leave a character unsoiled until someone good comes along.

she should show up in RYV
>>
>>91712065
from the looks of it they are going to take everything way from him fuck boy
>>
>>91719252
Jean's been dead for well over 10 years.

>>91719177
I'm surprised anyone liked BuckyCap. Or anything from the brubaker run, really.

>>91722083
Didn't she keep at least one pedophile and rapist from going to jail? Not defending Trump ever, but anyone who does shit like this isn't suited to run anything.
>>
File: Smug Sith.png (326KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Sith.png
326KB, 720x480px
>>91724333
>something a fucking idiot would say
>But Slott literally said it
Well there you go
>>
>>91708157
Good, now a have a staring point with Marvel comics, like the new 52.
>>
>>91725999
And that's shit, but it's still better than Parker Industries. I don't think you guys comprehend just how bad the book has been ever since that company.
>>
>>91709500
I thought Ben came back to life way before that.
>>
>>91725937
>Since when? I thought she liked black cock.

I thought she and America Chavez were a thing now, after America broke up with her old girlfriend in her currently ongoing solo book.

>Wow, you'd read Bendis?

Okay you're probably going to think I've gone mad but I don't think Bendis writing Mania would be the end of the world. Like I don't think he'd be the best fit and I definitely wouldn't want him writing a solo book for her but I also don't think he'd be the absolute worst fit. He seems pretty decent at writing teenagers, which Mania is. He also tends to write a lot of his characters as snarky smartasses and Mania/Andi is a bit of a snarky smartass herself. Besides if she did appear in Miles Morales Spider-Man it would probably be only a few issues at most so I wouldn't be too worried.

Again I'm not saying I want Bendis to write Mania. I'm just saying that if he did I wouldn't freak out too much.
>>
File: 1450220422642.jpg (32KB, 479x321px) Image search: [Google]
1450220422642.jpg
32KB, 479x321px
>>91713250
>learn how to let things end.
Committing suicide by hanging your foot and believing you will choke to death is not how to end it.

They're ending it alright it's going to be slow and awkward and nobody will like the method.
>>
>>91728591
You should freak out around the second last issue of the arc, if that were the case. It's where he shits the bed on purpose usually, no?
>>
>>91728413
No, Ben coming back was recent. He was posing as the Jackal. He figured that if everyone was turned into a zombie then normal people wouldn't discriminate against clones anymore.
>>
File: 1479449151792.gif (4MB, 443x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479449151792.gif
4MB, 443x250px
>>91714579
>>
File: smug_lioness.png (94KB, 308x217px) Image search: [Google]
smug_lioness.png
94KB, 308x217px
>>91714579
This. Doesn't matter how much you try to dress it all up, it's still gonna be ugly underneath. They need new writers, new artists, and new management. They need people with actual vision and fresh talent.
>>
>>91728591
>Her and Amurica

No, though I wouldn't be surprised.

>Think I'm mad...

Never. /co is safe space. key

I get it, your desperate. I feel your pain. I'm just saying, be careful what you wish for. Take it from a waifufag with experience. You think, 'it won't be bad, Snyder will do some bullshit but then he'll get bored and someone good will pick it up.' Doesn't work that way.

Someone like Bendis writes her a certain way....it....sticks.
>>
>>91710083
But anon you didnt mention how his Ultimate run was mostly also about making him the greatest character ever in Marvel history, even when Ultimate Peter camebak and saw Miles was like "ok, you're the real Spider-Man now, bye".
>>
>>91729148
Okay you convinced me. Isn't worth having Bendis potentially ruin Mania forever just so she could have some exposure.

On a related note, Flash will be moving back to New York to become part of the ASM supporting cast again. Let's say he brings Andi with her and Mania becomes a supporting character in ASM. Now if this happened it would could be a huge boost to Mania's popularity, maybe even leading to a solo. On the other hand Slott would be writing her. So I ask: should I be worried if this were to happen? Would it be worth it?
>>
>>91731075
You don't have to worry, because it's flat-out impossible. And even if she DID get a solo, it would be cancelled at five issues.
>>
>>91708375
It doesn't sound like what anyone wants though. More like what they're doing with the X-Men where they're trying to have their cake and eat it too and half-assing it on both ends.
>>
>>91732822
Okay I understand a Mania solo being impossible. But what about her just being a supporting character in ASM? While not likely, I don't see it being completely outside the realm of possibility.
>>
>>91722310
I've never seen someone with such garbage taste. Come on now.
>>
>>91708157
OP's pic sums up Civil War beautifully.
>>
>>91725937
Chumpion.
>>
>>91721943
The writer?
>>
>>91720182
He saw into the future, and tried to prevent the horror.
>>
File: Hydra is Disney.jpg (190KB, 701x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hydra is Disney.jpg
190KB, 701x1000px
>>91710526

But two DC films have won Oscars... And no Marvel films have won Oscars?
>>
FUCKING FINALLY

I dropped Marvel a few months into Marvel Now, and completely abandoned ship a few issues into Whore when it was clear where the company was going. Anyone into comics knew they would revert, just a matter of time for them to realize SJWs dont buy anything.
>>
File: Fedora - Marvel Editor.jpg (201KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fedora - Marvel Editor.jpg
201KB, 1920x1080px
>>91714579

This right here.
>>
>>91735027
Scott's doesn't write RYV. So no. Also, Mania would be a perfect foil, though she would need to be deaged.
>>
>>91735103
Hello Kingfag. good to see you people continue to shit everything with your presence.
>>
>>91735718
The writer who is Bendis!
>>
>>91737192
>AU loli Mania

Sure why not. Would be cute.
>>
>>91728762
>He figured that if everyone was turned into a zombie then normal people wouldn't discriminate against clones anymore.
Is clone discrimination even a issue? I would think they would be more worried about the more urgent issue of "not melting into a puddle of organic matter".
>>
>>91738722
it would be adorable

>mania scowls as she eats cookies ate the parkers
>>
>>91739611
>loli mania scowls as she eats cookies at the parkers

I want to see this drawn so bad.
>>
File: stanleetimeisrunningout.png (83KB, 284x149px) Image search: [Google]
stanleetimeisrunningout.png
83KB, 284x149px
>>91708157
>>
>>91709678
Are you me?
>>
nothing will change, this is all just advertising
>>
>>91742417
You realize that this is literally the yearly meeting with their breadbasket right? The people that give them money? Like a television network's upfront? If they don't deliver on this shit then they actually will see a severe loss in money. Remember it is not going to the shop and buying an issue that moves the scales at Marvel, it is how much that shop orders from Marvel in the first place.
But of course you don't know what a retailer summit is in the first place and think it's advertising, so I'm sure you'll have some asinine doomsayer remark.
>>
>>91742501
There are still dumb people on this board that keep thinking repeating the "comics division is only an R&D department, Disney won't care" line will make it true even though people said the same thing about DC back in the 00's but then they had to do the New 52.
>>
>>91742727
Hint, it's /tv/, because the only people who think of "Disney" when they see "Marvel" are people who think of the studio that controls the films.
Thread posts: 427
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.