[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you liked and read comics before you found /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ????.jpg (54KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
????.jpg
54KB, 600x800px
How many of you liked and read comics before you found /co/?
>>
Better question is how many of you stopped reading comics once you found /co/?
>>
I read manga. Comics will always be an occasional dalliance until I can follow a plotline without having to pay attention to it like I do the game industry or politics or whatever. I shouldn't have have this weird meta-focus where I'm following the story but also the people who make the story and how the story comes out across a million different series.
>>
Only a few trades, Plastic Man: On The Lam, Year One/ DKR and maybe a few others.
>>
>>91706610
I used to read Donald Duck comics in Romanian as a kid.

There was also this book about the history of comic book characters that had some golden age comics in it. That's how I learned about less well-known characters like the Torch, Submariner and The Spirit years before I got Internet.

Still don't read comics all that often though. Mostly cartoons.
>>
>>91707091
>>
started in early highschool, stopped. started again mid college because i came to /co/ for cartoons and my hate of being a /b/tard.
got way into comics when i learned how to torrent. end of college I transitioned to buying floppies and torrenting, now im in the transition of trade buying and reading storytimes here
>>
>>91706610
I originally came here because I read comics and the few in Spanish forums are highly biased, elitist and toxic, seriously those few sites are worst than /tv/.
>>
First comic I picked off the rack myself was Amazing Spider-Man 301 from '88. I started collecting consecutive issues in '91 and aside from that stretch from between age 15 to 19 I've been in the store just about every week.
>>
>>91706610

Kinda, I found a big box of old 70s comics in the attic, started reading some of them growing up. Lots of stuff like avengers and spiderman and even issues of heavy metal and old 60s books of mad magazine. Was good, but I never really got into the superhero stuff much. I like the mad magazine stuff a lot though, some of the heavy metal stuff too.
>>
>>91706610
Only for maybe a year. I never really liked 4chan but once I got into comics around 2008 it's not like there was anywhere better to discuss comics.
>>
>>91706610
been into X-men since I was a kid in the 80s.

>>91706647
and stopped buying in the mid 90s.
>>
Me
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.