[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lets discuss super hero costumes and their purpose. Whats the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1432173231227.jpg (446KB, 1024x1548px) Image search: [Google]
1432173231227.jpg
446KB, 1024x1548px
lets discuss super hero costumes and their purpose.

Whats the point of those silly wings on the head of the speedsters costumes?
>>
they protect his ears from gay things homos like you say lol fucking fag
>>
>>91704212
for fun, not that you would know of that you mouseketeer
>>
>>91704212
It makes them more aerodynamic so they can run faster.
See: car spoilers.
>>
File: jay garrick.jpg (36KB, 468x600px)
jay garrick.jpg
36KB, 468x600px
To illicit the wings off mercury's helmet that Jay Garrick wore.

They do look fucking stupid on the full-body suits as apposed to the hat which is why Jay has the defacto best speedster costume and it's the same reason that Captain America's costume a shit.

This is my actual opinion.
>>
>>91704212
They evoke the wings of the hat of Hermes, the messenger of Gods.

Same as the wings-like things in their feet.
>>
>>91704212
because of ares/mercury. Jay garrick's wing helmet was more than likely designed that way as a reference. then cam silver age flash , inspired by Jay and so on and so forth
>>
File: image.jpg (565KB, 893x1331px)
image.jpg
565KB, 893x1331px
>>
>>91704212
Visual appeal. Not everything needs a point.
>>
The point of the costumes is to make them look more mythological. Almost every hero is inspired by some divine historical character. Jay Garrick was inspired by Mercury/Hermes and had winged helmet and shoes. Barry Allan in canon was inspired by Jay while making his own costume. Barry thinks the helmet is too old-school though, so he went with a cowl instead.
>>
File: image.jpg (271KB, 1400x700px)
image.jpg
271KB, 1400x700px
>>
Originally, Barry Allen's thing was that he read All Flash Comics as a kid, so he wanted to make his suit pay homage to his favorite comic book character, The Flash (Jay Gerrick) who wore a Mercury Helmet. So he made his costume all red with the yellow lightening bolt and keep the wings from the helmet.
>>
What never stops making me think about his purpose is the design of Kid Flash and every other half-coul costume out there. I mean: sure, Wally wanted his fucking fabulous red hair (sometimes dyed brown) to be free or something (and now he's back to it), but there is like no other reason for it besides that, and not being able to put all that hair inside a cowl. Og, and aesthetics, which is the actual reason, I mean.

Not that I'm complaining: I like those half cowls, but it's a useless design, to be honest.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.