[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The .50 Caliber Sniper Rifle vs The DC/Marvel/Supernatural Universes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 10

File: 50caliber.jpg (25KB, 369x240px) Image search: [Google]
50caliber.jpg
25KB, 369x240px
It is my theory that the existence of modern firearms, explosives, and surveillance technology makes secret identities and vigilantes and villains and even monsters obsolete.
If comics were to adopt actual realism Deadshot would take out batman the minute he sets foot on the rooftop to answer the Bat Signal and meet with Gordon. Batman would be blown to smithereens. The entire bat family would be deader than hell if they operated in Gotham with identifiable costumes thanks to this bad ass weapon in the hands of a patient man. Very few dc characters could withstand one or multiple hits from this monster.
Same thing goes for Marvel. Kingpin could easily hire Bullseye to sniper Daredevil and Spider-Man and the Punisher, (note; you would have to explain story wise why frank castle doesnt just sit on roof tops with this baby and pick off his mafia targets).
Wolverines healing factor would be useless against this weapon. It literally cuts your body up into separate chunks. Would he still heal into a single whole again? Probably but during the time period that Logan is 3 pieces of left leg, 7 pieces of right leg, 4 chunks of chest, and 3 wedges of brains any bad guy could scoop him up and imprison his pieces in different parts of the world in vats of concrete or vats of acid that would stop him from ever reforming.
Ditto for vampires. You would not need a crucifix when a 50 caliber bullet rips right through Draculas face.
And modern security cameras and digital tracking makes all forms of secret IDs except those classified by the government very unrealistic.
The .50 caliber sniper rifle solves all organic problems if you map the targets travel habits and are patient.
It is completely unrealistic to expect anyone other than omega power level characters to survive even one headshot from this beast.
There are many omega or cosmic level characters that would be safe but virtually every single urban crime fighter in both companies would be deaders.
>>
>>91697543
Both Daredevil and Spider-Man would see it coming. Hell, Spider-Man has the ability to dodge it.
>>
>>91697543

No shit mate. Wouldn't even need a fifty.realistically hand guns would have killed off all the characters who weren't invulnerable a long time ago. It's fucking fiction. It's always been unrealistic.
>>
Safe: Probably Iron Man. I think the 50 caliber shots would rip up or severely damge his armor, if not a single shot then repeated hits for sure. However, he has sensors and defensive tech that would likely alert him to any incoming projectiles. You would have to track him as Tony Stark to be 100% certain of a single killshot.
>>
>>91697543
This works only if we make one world obey the rules of the other. You also forget that in order for a .50cal to remain accurate at a distance it requires greater weight than the average sniper to counteract recoil.

So which ruleset do we go by in each situation?
>>
Wow OP have you written to Marvel and DC with this? I can't imagine how fun a comic where every street level hero gets shot and dies would be.
>>
>>91697579
Crap...I forgot Matt Murdoch would sense the heartbeat of the sniper within a certain range and peter could possibly dodge one or two shots. I still say the weapon is better than either one of their reflexes and warning systems.
>>
>>91697543
tl;dr
>>
>>91697603
>You would have to track him as Tony Stark to be 100% certain of a single killshot.

And even then, you can't be certain that he's not wearing some kind of skintight armor under his suit.
>>
>>91697606
>This works only if we make one world obey the rules of the other.

This. Physics in capeverses are nothing like ours. That it even contains humanoid creatures in our size range is due to giant space gods to begin with.
>>
>>91697543
/k/ go home, you're drunker than usual.

>>91697603
hasn't he tanked... tanks, before?
I'm pretty sure he's immune to any form of conventional weapon that doesn't have plot piercing warheads.
>>
Ben Grimm. Not safe. I know Ben is kinda bullet proof but I bet the .50 caliber hits as hard as the Hulk and we all know what the hulk does to ben when they meet up. the thing might have hundreds of panels where hes been hit by ammunition in the sweet naive eras of the past but this is a God-tier weapon we are talking about. I dont think his head could take the shot.
>>
We need /k/ in here because OP knows shit about what he's talking about
>>
>>91697543
>It is completely unrealistic to expect anyone other than omega power level characters to survive even one headshot from this beast.

Reminder that Batman survived worse.
>>
>>91697672
>I bet the .50 caliber hits as hard as the Hulk
>>
CRAPOLA! BEN GRIMM HAS ALSO BEATEN TANKS! Crap! Hes now safe too.

But, Franklin Richards head is goo the minute he takes a nap.
>>
>>91697543
Reminder that everyone wearing a costume is immortal, so killing them only buys you time.
>>
>>91697543
>.50 Caliber Sniper Rifle
Anti-material rifle.
>>
>>91697543

Batman you are right. He coasts purely on plot armor. For a man with no powers, ANY guy with a gun is a serious threat to his life. On top of that, his routine is too obvious and well known. Setting a trap for him is easy.

Daredevil, at least, supersenses and absurd reflexes. You might be able to snipe him, but there are a lot of ways that can fail.

Spiderman is basically unsnipable. Spidey sense OP.

Wolverine, I think you dont understand the concept of adamantine bones. Your bullet will kill him, but only for about a minute. You wont be gibbing him.

Face recognition software can be foiled by glasses or makeup, btw. Superhero masks will screw them up pretty much every time.
>>
>>91697697
Franklin Richards powers defend him from harm.
>>
>>91697685
Theres no way at all any writer could explain a human being with an exposed portion of his face could survive a 50 caliber headshot. Nope. This isnt some dang Darkseid eyebeams we are talking about here. This bullet is the nastiest of the nasty. batman could not ever walk away from a headshot. never in a million years.
>>
>>91697677
OP is FROM /k/.

Didn't you get the autistic block text and the idea that a gun with high power is somehow automatically better than people in situations because it's a gun?

>>91697736
You're saying people take a headshot at batman in a heavily populated city with a .50 sniper.

You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>91697543

I can never figure out what these kinds of threads seek out to achieve, by pitting random stuff that has no business against each other, in this case fictional universes versus real armaments. They resemble kindergarten playground arguments too much for comfort.

Enlighten me. Power trips? gotchas that only OP cares about? some kind of autistic vindication? the masturbatory though that, should you own one of these, you'd be better than Batman?
>>
>>91697753
It's /k/'s autistic rage at anything not a gun.
>>
The Flash is safe for obvious reasons despite not looking particularly sturdy.
Namor is safe. he fought WW2 in speedos.
Captain Marvel is NOT safe. her head isnt even protected.
Thor, safe.
Wonder woman, safe.

And franklin richards absolutely needs to be taken out. that kid is too powerful and too much really bad shit has happened in his 30 plus year childhood.
>>
>>91697543
>Wolverine heals as his skeleton remains intact the .50cal doesnt break apart his bones and he stays in one piece.
>Luke Cage has taken a .50cal as long as he gets some treatment he'll be okay.
> Iron Fist pulls an "iron bullet catch" and hides/dodges before sniper can aim again
>>
>>91697746
>OP is FROM /k/.
Not likely, he called it a .50 cal sniper rifle, there is no such thing, not only is the term "sniper rifle" rather subject, but at a certain caliber it's a waste to use it on people and not light hard targets.
>>
>>91697746
Im not from /k/ you paranoid shit. But i did see 13 hours and that gun does not play games. And why would a bad guy shoot at a target in a heavily populated area? They do it every single day in our muslim wars.
>>
>>91697814
Because a .50 "Sniper rifle" is cumbersome as fuck, required a dedicated spotting team and is as practical as an artillery piece in urban Warfare.

You know .50 rifles are usually called Anti-material rifles right?

Stop acting like a fucking homo and stop phoneposting.
>>
>>91697785
Captain Marvel is tougher and stronger than Namor.
>>
>>91697814

Seriously dude get your shit out of here you're being far too autistic even for /co/ standards
>>
>>91697805
In 13 hours they use the 50 caliber guns from the roof tops to blast the fuckola out of muslims. Thats all i know amigo. Big bullets cut muslims into big chunks.
>>
>>91697603
MCU MkIII has tanked a tank (APDS?) round to the face. We're now fifty generations over that.
>>
>>91697846

/co/ is now where /k/ and /pol/ drop their unwanted abortions. Great.
>>
>>91697833
Stop reddit spacing between each sentence nimrod and embrace some autism faggot.
I disagree that danny rand could catch incoming bullets like the .50. No way. One maybe. Never more than one.
>>
File: 1470549965187.gif (2MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1470549965187.gif
2MB, 380x285px
>>91697846
The hell is 13 hours?
>>91697858
Not in my house.
>>
>>91697543
>>91697723
Even if you could gib Wolverine, thanks to powercreep, his healing factor went from impressive to fucking stupid. He's healed up fine from worse.
>>
>>91697753
Indeed. This is along the lines of "can Superman tank a shot from the Death Star" or some bullshit like that.
>>
>>91697866
>Reddit spacing

Nigga I've been posting since 2007, you think I give a shit about your spacing meme from 2016?
>>
File: compensation.jpg (133KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
compensation.jpg
133KB, 900x675px
>>91697543
Why do shit heels still think that this is used for human targets? That's god damn overkill when you can receive the same results with a standard 308?
>>
>>91697801
Danny punches the bullet into smithereens.
>>
>>91697871
13 Hours is the incredibly good Benghazi movie. You definitely should watch it. very good movie.
>>
>>91697833
>cumbersome

Indeed. He hasn't even specified what gun we're talking about here. If it's a standard M82, that thing's around 40 pounds and over a meter long. And the rounds are heavy as shit. I actually have a few over here and a normal human ain't carrying a lot of those.
>>
>Plastic man ricochets the bullet back at the shooter
>>
>>91697892
Because normies are stupid
Is that fucking sterling?
>>91697901
Noted.
>>
What would happen should a situation like this occur in universe? A world where Supermans friends are unceremoniously murdered by an assassin using standard military tech. How would other heroes of that level react?

How about the response of someone like Iron Man and his allies? Would they tear the world apart in a tale of vengeance?
>>
Anti-material? In 13 Hours they refer to the enemy using "Technical"s and they were very worried abut whatever those are. So they blasted away at muslims with the .50 cal. Arabs got blown into fat chunks and small chunks despite the cosmic power levels of Allah.
>>
>>91697543
O/k/ now explain how someone sets one of those up without being seen by one of the many flying characters that operate in Marvel New York? If Spiderman (or Silk or the other Spiderman or Scarlet Spider) is in any danger from such a weapon they would be warned and seek out the threat, this does not require them to be the intended target, just a possible risk can trigger Spider Sense. If you want good line of sight you will need to know where your target is going to be or set up on a rooftop, assuming you have a target and don't just intend to shoot the first masked nut job you see (that would lead to a D lister or someone playing dress up) you need to anticipate the risk that Toni Stark is testing his new suit and detects you.
To take out the Bat family you face people who know Gotham completely, they have a good chance of becoming aware of you before you're aware of them.
Don't try anything like this when Superman's about because he will find you and stop you before you can blink.
>>
>>91697892
I want that Dao.
>>
>>91697929
I mean he's expecting a guy to carry a M82 or whatever around the Gotham street-tops or Hell's kitchen, not getting noticed by Daredevil or Batman.
>>
>>91697886
Can he?
>>
>>91697942
>using standard military tech
High end civilian firearms will accomplish the same thing.
>>91697947
>Anti-material?
Yes, used against things that are lightly armored.
>"Technical"s
Yup that'll do it, technicals are trucks with machineguns, rockets or cannons strapped to them.
>>
>>91697948
Spider-man has a history of hanging around Peter parkers company or the daily Bugle or the college campus. batman meets Gordon on the rooftop where the bat signal is. It could be done. Maybe after one kill the other heroes would be on full alert and someone like Superman or Iron man using satellite tech would be a problem but you could take out at least one major hero first.
>>
>>91697987
But this is from someone on the outside looking into their universes. It could take a while for you to discover this pattern if you were in the boots of this supposed assassin.
>>
>>91697987
Wait, your going to try and

A) get near a police station within range with a .50 Cal rifle to try and take down Batman

B) snipe a man swinging from buildings in Downtown New York

Both of which would require a stake out? You'd be caught within days.
>>
And what about vampires? If you can drive a wooden stake through their hearts you could for blow their heads right off. Its been awhile since i read dracula or anne rice. i ignore twilight. Lestat could probably survive but Louise? Nope.
>>
>>91698040
>Both of which would require a stake out? You'd be caught within days.
I don't see how, staying in doors, watching for regular routines, you don't even need to bring out the rifle until you're confident, just mind your own business and noone will know.
>>
>>91698040
As I understand the scopes we have today means you could be a very long ways off. like a mile or more.
>>
>>91697976
>High end civilian firearms will accomplish the same thing.
Of course they would, but that doesn't answer the more interesting question.
>>
>>91698040
>days

implying that trying that in Gotham won't end with him getting a katana between the shoulderblades from an enraged Damien.

Knowing common gotham-esque plots, maybe even one of the villains would take him out. Deadshot, Slade or even Joker would probably take the shooter out since they'd insist that the bat is theirs to kill.
>>
File: batman-2.jpg (195KB, 465x435px) Image search: [Google]
batman-2.jpg
195KB, 465x435px
>>91698052
Worked well for Batman
>>
>>91697603
isn't the gun this guy using a .50 cal one ?
https://youtu.be/zM7E4a8bGlQ?t=187
>>
>>91698052
driving a steak through their heat is just a brute force way of keeping them pinned down while you saw their head off
and even after that you still have to cremate the remains and scatter the ash across the ocean to ensure it'll take at least five thousand years before they revive
>>
>>91698095
Or you could spill enough rice to keep them counting until sunrise.
>>
>SNIPERMAN
>Written by Nick Spencer
>One day a military sniper wakes up and realizes he could use his gun to take out bad guys. But what if he thinks the good guys are bad guys? He buys a .50 cal sniper rifle and bullets at a local Wal-Mart and sets out to learn what it means to be a hero.
>A 12-issue Maxi-Series Event!
>>
>>91698060
Where are you going to do the stake out from in New York?

You need a vantage point and they don't give out penthouse rooms to gun-nuts.
>>
>>91698078
Yup, that's an M2.
>>
>>91698124
>You need a vantage point and they don't give out penthouse rooms to gun-nuts.
Well you don't tell them.

>What's in the case, sir?
>An anti-material rifle, I'm planing to murder a cape.
>>
>>91698138
>They won't check the case
>>
>>91698148
Why would they?
>>
>>91697858
what's wrong with /k/?
>>
>>91697543
Let me guess OP; you actually have no mechanical idea about how long-range marksmanship actually works do you?
>>
>>91698161
>Gee, why are you carrying several very heavy cases into a high vantage point sir?

You think you can sneak a .50 cal in via a fucking Bass case or something?
>>
>>91698198
>It's work related, sensitive materials.
You think you can't?
>>
>>91698198
no that's stupid.

maybe in multiple pieces in a series of cakes. nothing weird about 40-50 cakes being brought to a rooftop.
>>
>>91698212
>It's work related sensitive materials

"Then do you have the papers and anyone inside who can confirm it"

You want to go full autism, we're going full autism. I have worked a a security guard for a big tower shit like you wish you could enter, we check EVERYTHING.
>>
>>91697987
All of that is not an exact location.
For Spidey you've narrowed it down to "tends to be in any one of these twelve to fifteen different locations and seven different potential people at random times of the day" for example.
>>
>>91698194
Nope. I dont know how Cyborg shits either but i still like him.
>>
>>91698229
for fucks sakes luthor, you can't solve everything with 40 cakes
>>
>>91698062
It's not easy to find a shooting point a mile away OUTSIDE of a densely populated urban zone.
Inside, especially one like NYC? Impossible.
>>
>>91698254
Seriously, couldnt you just be the guy pushing the big laundry cart into the service elevator? people push those carts around every day in big buildings. i bet those carts could carry every single part.
>>
>>91698254
>"Then do you have the papers and anyone inside who can confirm it"
This isn't an airport, you don't have to provide anything.

>I have worked a a security guard for a big tower shit like you wish you could enter, we check EVERYTHING.
You are going full autism.
>>
Let's be honest, the minute you actually try to pull this on any superhero, it'll be in the middle of a storyline where Spider-Man gets the power to deflect bullets or Batman gets a drone that can detect high-powered guns anywhere in Gotham.

Your greatest enemy isn't physics. It's the narrative.
>>
>>91697932
>Plastic Man just T-1000s the shot and keeps going.
>>
>>91698298
Drones. have we gotten a villain yet that uses an army of weaponized drones of different sizes? If not lets make one called Swarm. thatd be cool and harder to fight than Doc ocks arms.
>>
>>91698293

Nope. It's quite simple, large boxes needed to have the paperwork that checks out, and they are checked when entering and exited the building.

Not just for crazy people sneaking shit in, but to make sure it's actually going through properly.

Seriously, Security Guard is like the easiest job ever, all you do is check boxes and check boxes on forms.
>>
>>91698258
Okay, short version; wouldn't work, even in real life. Too many obstacles, all targets have movement patterns that are unpredictable as >>91698257 points out even when you kinda sorta know where they'll be, and all are moving too fast in all cases.

As to the second query, I do not believe cyborg shits at all.
>>
>>91697543
So let me get this straight, you're going to try to snipe Batman, the guy who's so good at stealth he frequently disappears mid-conversation, on his home turf, in a densely populated city with hundreds of dark alleys and abandoned warehouses? Good fucking luck.
>>
>>91698323
...How big do you think combat drones are?
>>
>>91698283
you'll rue the day you mocked my cake delivery system for arms and warheads.

the science is sound!
>>
>>91698353
For you and everyone else that says this doesnt work in urban environments i have to wonder if youve been following the war on terror? Not being a smartass but we do this every single day in the mid-east. Also, in the 90s we had a guy and his son using a car and a rifle to sniper people. the guy laid in the trunk with the license plate folded down and he shot people. If some idiot like that could figure shit out I am sure slade could too. And Bullseye never misses so he wouldnt even need extensive prep, just the opportunity. And Cyborg has organic body parts...he has to have food and water doesnt he? if so he has to shit or his tech amps up his bodys ability to process nutrients.
>>
>>91698229
>nothing weird about 40-50 cakes being brought to a rooftop
I stopped filling orders larger than 39 after it started attracting supervillains.
>>
>>91698354
>Deadshot sits in a top-flood room in Gotham with an anti-material rifle searching down the scope.
>Where are you Batman?
>Ugh, it's been four days, better draw him out.
>picks up radio "Penguin, why don't you and your boys rob a bank so our nocturnal friend will show his face?"
>A voice comes from the corner of the room, "Patience is a virtue Deadshot."
>"What?!!"
>Batman steps out of the shadows and socks Deadshot on the jaw.
>>
>>91698361
In comic books they could be the size of pennies if you want them to be.
>>
>>91698119
those are for hopping vampires
>>
>>91698422
>the war on terror
What is this, 2003? Nobody calls it that anymore, not even people who are actually in the armed forces.
>And Cyborg has organic body parts...he has to have food and water doesnt he? if so he has to shit or his tech amps up his bodys ability to process nutrients.
His body presumably has mechanics that allows him to digest nutrients to a high degree of efficiency while eliminating the waste materials caused by the relatively inefficient human digestive system, because he IS missing or has the majority of his pelvis replaced.
>>
Im creating Swarm as we speak. He controls his army of drones with a psionic link. Its comics so he loves his drones and communicates with them...they are almost AI-sentinent. Some, the larger ones, are equipt with ammo, grenades, even small missiles. Most are laser weapons with kree tech or Apokolips Tech. he is totally unbeatable as long as his drones are active and he remains concious. he usually is miles away from the battle itself and often slips away vowing revenge when his drone babies are destroyed. nowwe need art designs.
>>
>>91698422
Jesus christ; are you retarded? You can barely type anything correctly.

Snipers =/= 50. rifles.

No, you did not have marksmen teams firing 50. rifles 24/7 into super dense populated areas in the middle east.

Go read something instead of trying to wank over the American Army through a fucking Michael Bay movie.
>>
>>91698544
Are... Are you 12?
>>
>>91698440
This would actually kinda be the second time he'd done something like that to Deadshot.
The first time was their first meeting, and Floyd apparent still gives him mad respect for it, at least in his head.
>>
>>91698550
Dont disrespect that particular Bay film. it really happened and he had the balls to tell the survivors story. fuck off if you cant respect those guys.
>>
>>91698564
its much worse my friend. im 43 fucking years old...4chan did this to me...consider this your warning...get out while youcan.
>>
>>91698544
>psionic link

hello psi-jammer. or any mid-level telepath. God forbid he goes against anyone Jeeeean or Xavier-level.
>>
>>91698578
I don't respect any Gulf war tier stupidity because they're wholly pointless wars fought to defend Arabian Oil.

If some jarheads get flanked by a bunch of technicals it's their fault their recon sucks donkey balls.
>>
>>91698629
Yeah, the telepaths fuck up a lot of decent concepts. And, i have no idea how an organic brain could psionically control cyber technology but they say paralyzed people are beginning to do just that with computers.
>>
This is one of the stupidest threads on /co/. But since OP has been btfo by numerous people on various matters (the logistics, the gun itself, the idea of forcing real world shit in a caped hero universe), I'll go with something different.

This shit would absolutely not happen in the Marvel universe because Bullseye exists and has yet to kill keep any of the major heroes dead. Fact is, if Bullseye can't do it, no other sniper would even come close to doing it.

Your theory is retarded from the start because those same heroes and villians have technology that far surpasses ones we have today and yet even they can't kill a fucking hero.
>>
>>91698212
People call the cops on guys moving flagpoles one the roof
>>
>>91698669
Or its the State depts fault for not increasing security despite multiple pleas for more security and it is the CIAs fault for refusing to help out despite being a mile down the road. i understand the cynicism over how and why we use our armed forces over there but we are doing it and those guys are the worlds best soldiers in all of history and deserve some respect for it.
>>
>>91698739
>Those guys are the worlds best soldiers in all of history

>Bunch of barely trained Jarheads who constantly fuck up

Nigga, if you're trying to glorify the American Army After 1950 when it became a babysitting service for people to stupid to get a trade then I am sorry, but you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>91698739
>those guys are the worlds best soldiers in all of history
Am one. No we aren't.
>and deserve some respect for it.
Yes we do, but not from you.
>>
>>91698703
Yeah this is so stupid on a board where grown men discuss cartoons like they are Shakespeare and argue over their waifus, faggot.

PS-I call dibs on Jean grey.
>>
>>91698774
Modern Jean or Classic Jean?
>>
>>91697617
>one or two
If you believe old comics he moves at supersonic speeds and if you discount that you've got a guy capable of legitimately outrunning a car as a moving target that knows where you are before you take the shot. You don't snipe spider-man. You snipe the family member next to him, get maimed/die horribly, and then see your work undone by Mephisto.

>>91697973
He's tanked worse before (big bang tier) from what I hear.
>>
>>91698787
Classic but if i cant have her i wouldnt mind original Madelline as long as her Phoenix side stays dormant. i was a teenager then and paul smith drew her in Uncanny and she was just perfect since jean was dead. paul smith was really underrated. probably my favorite xmen artist.
>>
>>91698807
Then how come going to the sun gave him cancer?
>>
In fact, Paul Smith drew my all-time fave X-Men cover. cant recall the issue number but its that classic cover during the Maddy storyline where we see her as Phoenix looming large and fiery over Scott who is about to zap her. I still say to this day that was the best Cyclops storyline theyve ever produced. i loved it and hate me ex for giving away my 80s and 90s comics during our divorce.

Ive been burned by the female bitch meme my friends.ive been burned.
>>
>>91698878
Different version and possibly Lex Luthor tampering with things to make it give him cancer. Most mainline versions of Superman practically consider going into the sun a trip to the spa.
>>
>>91698816
No, you can have whoever, I don't care.
Just curious weather modern or classic.
>>
>>91698774
I know right? And the fact that it is the stupidest one out of all of those says a lot about the autistic prowess of OP
>>
File: 1492630982070.png (1MB, 1544x938px) Image search: [Google]
1492630982070.png
1MB, 1544x938px
Literally everything OP has said has been a reference to that dumbass 13 hours movie, down to the ".50 Cal sniper rifle", "technicals", and the "cia being down the street". Did you watch this movie, and had to discuss it so much you came to /co/ to bug us about how inspired you were by Michael Bay's shitty shout-out to the armed forces? I can't tell if this fucker is serious or this is some next level bait
>>
>thinking this is /k/
/k/ never worships the power of the .50. A /k/omando would be convinced his 56 would stop anything
>>
>>91698968
I don't watch Michael Bay films, so....
>>
Oh snap! I just figured out how to make Logan a retard. shoot him in the eyeball with a .22 handgun. the bullet ricochets inside his adamantium turning his brain into goo. every time he starts to regain some intelligence shoot his eyeball again. Not even Logan can function with a bullet bouncing around inside his skull and no way out.
>>
>>91698974
>56
I bet you use 9mm too faggot. .45 is all you need.
>>
>>91697543
Batman has dodged sniper rounds in the comics before, even when they were shot at him from behind.
>>
>>91699019
>hurr stoppan powah
Please
>>
>>91698703
To add to your point: Deadshot in the DC Universe.
>>
Frankly, i think its some of you that are too autistic to even speculate on fictional characters and what if scenarios on a board about fictional characters. I bet autism is actually the inability to deviate from the standards you obsess over. thats why Dc fans ruin every single DC movie if it isnt 110% exact while marvel fans sing high praises to MCU garbage no matter how much they change the source material.
As for Micheal Bay movies i didnt even recognize it was his film until the credits roll. It didnt seem very bayish to me and i dont like his style either except for pathfinder which i did like.
>>
>>91698816
Because you were faggot enough to make this thread you get new Teen Jean and she lets you know that you're gay and you're left taking the dick for the rest of your life.

Actions have consequences, OP
>>
>>91699132
Might as well shack up with my ex then. fuck.
>>
If The Punisher can go running around big cities pulling surveillance on the mob, killing them, and continue getting away with it then I can allow some trained sniper commando guy at least being able to set up and getting a shot off at some capes. Whether the superheroes survive is up to who the target is, but let's say he's successful. After 2-3 deaths even if there was a large team of them The Punisher could find them all and take them out, if he was one of the victims then their would be a concentrated effort to locate the sniper(s) and stop them. Then someone would set up a defense against this and anyone would be hard pressed to do this again.
>>
>>91699019
>45
>shit range
>heavy
>obsolete
No thanks.
>>
Since i am the oldfag here there are things i read when they hit the shelves that you munchkins only hear about in whispers and myths. there was in fact a pretty successful villain that killed multiple heroes...lower tier guys...before being caught or killed himself. It was Scourge in the spidey bookks, mid-80s. Dressed all in white and took out a few with firearms.
>>
>>91699275
The Scourge of the Underworld was in several books actually, not just Spidey.
Mostly notable for wasting C-list supervillains and the (at the time) really distinctive sound effect his suppressed gun with explosive rounds made on-page. Sometimes the guy himself wouldn't even show but you'd know who murt the guy on panel just because of the "PUUM-SPAK!" sound effect.
>>
>>91697543
>Probably but during the time period that Logan is 3 pieces of left leg, 7 pieces of right leg, 4 chunks of chest, and 3 wedges of brains any bad guy could scoop him up and imprison his pieces in different parts of the world in vats of concrete or vats of acid that would stop him from ever reforming.
Until someone willing Logan to be alive shows up and takes on the quest to assemble mighty Wolverine.
>>91697603
And when Iron Man targeted as Tony Stark the conventional security measures comes into play, defending him like any other billionare.
You don't see billionares to be sniped often so it safe to assume Stark defended enough even without armor.
>>91697697
Doesn't Franklin Richards now is the reason of heroes' invincibility?
Like he is now creating all of the universes?
>>
>>91699054
Leave grandpa alone, let him defend .45 aarp all he wants.
>>
>>91697543
It's literally impossible to gib wolverine. Spider-Man can straight up dodge bullets.

As for Batman, I agree that he should have been sniped at some point a while ago. But the problem is actually getting the drop on him, as he'd probably know as soon as there's a hit on him, and the minute Deadshot steps foot into Gotham.
>>
File: 1492241500381.gif (2MB, 400x173px) Image search: [Google]
1492241500381.gif
2MB, 400x173px
>>91699526
>It's literally impossible to gib wolverine.
It's not, you just have to be very cunnin.
>>
>>91699651
did he died
>>
>>91697697
Franklin has been able to break the universe as a GHOST while he was "depowered." and he's protected by the most intelligent man in the universe.
>>
>>91698578
Pearl Harbor also really happened but it's still a terrible movie
>>
>>91699526
>he should have been sniped at some point a while ago
everyone thinks he's bullet proof and immortal after that time he goaded a sniper into shooting him while he had extra thick kevlar under his suit and then got right up after being shot and told them to fuck off
>>
>>91697617
Spider-Man literally has precognition you casual fucking retard.

Iron Man wears power armor
Wolverine has an indestructible skeleton
Power Man has super tough skin
Hulk laughs it off as well
Thor is a fucking God
Jean has TK
And so fucking on

Daredevil, Captain America, Punisher, Iron Fist, and more are all soldiers, warriors or Ninjas. And as you might know: modern warfare isn't summarised as "oh wow we are powerless against snipers".

What is the point of this thread?
To show off how retarded you are?
>>
I see we've got day /k/are, COD kiddies, and the usual caliber wanking.

But to the original topic, I recall a comic that some anon posted that showed this. Some evil dude became leader of the Department of Homeland Security, or something like that, and the Punisher tries to shoot him in the head from long distance, but is of course stopped by some superman sort of dude.
>>
>>91700447
It was Norman Osborn he was trying to shoot and Sentry was the one who literally caught the bullet when it was an inch from his forehead.
>>
>>91697973
most versions, yeah
if he's taking a fight seriously and not jobbing, supes is generally comfortably above planetary

just not live-action, DCAU, or maybe very recently depowered comic versions
>>
>>91700447
Hey causal scum, spiderman is on comic record dodging near point blank shots, you have nothing on heros, go back to K fag
>>
>>91700447
Didn't mean to link to>>91700591

>>91700591
Was ment for op
>>
>>91697736
You don't know comics you /k/ fag

You have to go back
>>
File: img_2657[1].jpg (261KB, 608x746px) Image search: [Google]
img_2657[1].jpg
261KB, 608x746px
>>91700591
OP's not /k/. Even day /k/are wouldn't call it a sniper rifle.

>>91700508
Pic related.
>>
>>91697736
BAT CERAMIC TRAUMA PLATES IN THE MASK.

Also inerita works completely different in their universe, so he really isn't exposed to the forces somebody IRL would be exposed when he or she tanks a bullet with their face.

What you think reasonable doesn't apply to their 'verse. We and them don't have the same laws of physics.
>>
>>91699183
Also
>trying to kill a white person with a bullet that's hexed to kill niggers.
>>
File: fw4.jpg (67KB, 849x640px) Image search: [Google]
fw4.jpg
67KB, 849x640px
I'd like there to be a comic about a guy who solves mysteries or fights crime but his only tool is a large and unwieldy anti-materiel/anti-tank gun. Or a bazooka. Something large and powerful but unwieldy and impossible to conceal, also way overpowered for most scenarios.
>>
>>91701962
It'd be like that part of Watchmen where Rorschach maims/kills the cop with his grappel-gun, except it'd be an anti-material rifle being shot in the slums and passing through five walls and three people before stopping.
>>
>>91697785
How is the Flash safe? 50 BMG moves faster than sound so how can he detect it if you shoot him from behind?
>>
>>91702132
He'll feel it poking him in the back of the head and turn around/move out of the way.

It's the motherfucking Flash.
>>
>>91697543
>spider-Man
Are you retarded? His most useful superpower is to advert danger. Spider-man is literally the only guy who you wouldnt be able to snipe ever. Even if you do, he might even survive.

And no, the biggest offenders are cellphones and computers. Computers killed the detective shit in comic books, instead of doing your job, the pc calculates everything or you hack into the enemy pc and get all the info you want. It destroys half of the fun.

Cellphone is a different case in which it could actually solve half of the comic book situations. Most of the 60s and 70s stories about superheroes would make no sense if they had access to cellphones. So you cant have access to a lot of plot devices thanks to cellphones, and even if you do people would complain about why dont they use their cellphones.

If I ever write something Id be sure to set it in the 70s before the pcs, internet and cellphone bs.
>>
>>91702132
He starts to autovibrate if a bullet touches his skin.
>>
>>91702491
>Computers killed the detective shit in comic books, instead of doing your job, the pc calculates everything or you hack into the enemy pc and get all the info you want.

That's just shitty writing, which IS and issue with the comics folks mainly talk about on this board.
>>
>>91702160
>>91702544
Alright fine. The current Flash is not going to lose to a bullet, but the 50 BMG has been around longer than the Flash and all it would have took to end his budding career as a hero was one supersonic bullet to the back of the head,
>>
>>91697746
>>91697779
>>91697858
I thought /k/ and /co/ were on good terms because of Frank
>>
>>91697617
>dodge one or two shots
>or two shots

Ha ha! Oh, that's adorable. You actually think you'll be able to pull the trigger twice.
>>
File: Lauri Törni.jpg (171KB, 800x876px) Image search: [Google]
Lauri Törni.jpg
171KB, 800x876px
>>91702781
We are. I smell communist interlopers.
>>
>>91702716
Thawne would save him.
>>
File: IanShitposting(6).jpg (62KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
IanShitposting(6).jpg
62KB, 854x480px
>>91701962
I want a comic where Ian and Karl fight crime like the Punisher using obscure/lesser known antique/preban/prototype/mud test approved firearms
>>
>>91702716
yeah because a street criminal in an American city will be toting around an 84 pound gun just in case they run into the Flash
>>
>>91697543
Warren Ellis is the guy who thinks Spider-Man can be easily killed by a sniper.
>>
>>91697785
>shooting Franklin Richard's

>as a,toddler

This is how you create a supervising. Also, you'll piss off the Thing.
>>
>>91697543
>Wolverines healing factor would be useless against this weapon
unless you had Adamantium bullets wolverine would be fine
>>
>>91702911
Dubs checked and point taken.
>>
>>91697785
>The Flash is safe
because speedforce
>>
>>91703103
Carbonadium actually

Not judging because the movie made that a thing, then again in that state Logan wouldn't've been able to regenerate a large portion of missing brain anyway.

But Carbonadium blocks healing factors in mutants, if I remember correctly, but then if it passes out the other side of his head...I don;t think it still affects it.
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.