[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman TAS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Batman TAS_Soundtrack.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Batman TAS_Soundtrack.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
How many episodes were actually based on stories from the comics? I can only find 15 or episodes that Wikipedia makes a note of.
>>
>>91695651
>wikipedia
>>
>>91695651
Doesnt matter seeing as TAS is the only batman "serial" anyone should have ever paid any attention to
>>
>>91695990
Fuck that nostalgia shit right out of here. The Batman and Brave & the Bold both had some excellent episodes. I never saw Beware so I can't comment on that, but frankly nostalgiafagging TAS when a lot of the episodes were really not memorable at all and sometimes pretty bad is just the worst.
>>
>>91696034
The Batman is also alright, but TAS is much more important for things like establishing Harley and having the definitive voices of batman/joker
>>
>>91696054
I don't deny BTAS being vital and enjoyable and contributing a lot to the Batman mythos, at all.

I just think the attitude of "it's the only Batman animated series to pay attention to at all" is cancerous.
>>
>>91696034
Beware used some really interesting characters that never got used in other batman to series but the animation and writing wasn't very consistent. BTAS is still the most influential batman series due to how it influenced the comics following. Brace in the bold was great though especially due to the roster of heroes we got to see
>>
>>91695651
The Laughing Fish was a combination of two classic Denny O'Neil Joker stories; both the comic of the same name, and the climax with the shark tank which was lifted straight from The Joker's Five-Way Revenge. The Ra's Al Ghul two-parter was adapted by O'Neil himself from the first Ra's story he ever did. The werewolf episode was also adapted from another O'Neil comic but the Man-Bat episodes weren't as far as I know. In his first appearance Langstrom was horrified by the extent of his transformation and still in control of all his faculties, in BTAS' On Leather Wings he voluntarily transforms into a monster and loses all control when he changes.

The New Adventures episode The Joker's Millions was adapted from a classic Silver Age Batman comic, but the second half makes some major changes to the original plot. Mad Love was adapted from the award winning graphic novel of the same name, which the cast and crew of the show made as a comic while they were working on the show, BEFORE they also made it a cartoon.

The New Adventures episode where the children tell each other stories about their version of Batman is also lifted from another O'Neil story, although the structure and stories they tell differ quite a bit from each version. In the cartoon their ideas are based on Dick Sprang era Batman and Robin, and the other is adapted directly from Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns. In the comic Bruce Wayne takes three kids on a wilderness trip and they each tell him their own version of Batman, one as a horiffic Man-Bat style creature of the night that preys on the guilty, another as a high tech crime fighting Black man. At the end Bruce jumps out at them dressed in full costume, which they roll off as a joke and tell him to quit playing around.

Those are the only ones of the top of my head which were directly adapted from existing comic books, though many episodes lifted major elements or visuals from multiple comics.
>>
>>91696667
The comic you're talking about with the kids and Batman was by Robbins, not O'Neil. Also Bruce Timm allegedly didn't know about it until after he submitted the idea for the episode.
>>
>>91696795
Thanks anon.
>>
>>91696667
>laughing fish
>oneil

No. Try Engelhart.
>>
>>91696034
>but frankly nostalgiafagging TAS when a lot of the episodes are older than me is just the worst
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.