[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seven to Eternity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Jev.png (388KB, 1103x296px) Image search: [Google]
Jev.png
388KB, 1103x296px
>You DID buy my book, right anon?

Why is it so fucking impossible to talk about this book here?
>>
>>91692256

Because that image alone gives me such edgy vibes it makes me want to puke.
>>
File: luminous.jpg (987KB, 1903x1231px) Image search: [Google]
luminous.jpg
987KB, 1903x1231px
>>91692318
It's not a comfy book, but it's really not particularly edgy.
>>
>>91692256
I plan on picking up the trades once enough are out that the wait between them doesn't become torturous. But I'm a little worried based one a page I saw posted here that it might end up turning into a political soapbox. I enjoyed Tokyo Ghost, but who knows how far things will go with his current work.
>>
File: The Mud King's digits.png (976KB, 983x429px) Image search: [Google]
The Mud King's digits.png
976KB, 983x429px
>>91692454
>But I'm a little worried based one a page I saw posted here that it might end up turning into a political soapbox
I know the exact panels you're thinking of.
So far I haven't seen anything more overt than that, and in context of what happens later it feels like it's more to do with how shitty it is to be Irish.

Also, I think he says he's already got the book written out to 15 or 16, with art already done up to 10 because of how long it takes Obenis to draw. I wouldn't be too worried.
>>
>>91692256
>>91692354
Because all of this writing seems pretty pretentious.
>>
>>91692585
What is the pretense?
>>
File: Seven to Eternity 005-019.jpg (3MB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Seven to Eternity 005-019.jpg
3MB, 1987x3056px
>>91692605
Whoops wrong image
>>
>>91692620
Trying to put itself in the Watchmen place of "It's a comic, but it's like a real novel you know", without anything actually innovative to back it up
>>
>>91692256
Never heard of it.
>>
>>91692675
I really don't get that vibe at all. It's 100% told from Adam's perspective, but it's very pulpy. There are some really good story beats, but if anything I feel like the book is trying to do something comics can (sort of) only do, which is come up and realize such phantasmagorical realms and use the story as a vehicle for it. It's got his short journal entries, true, but they take a huge backseat to the art. It's worth reading for that alone, in my opinion, at least.

>>91692790
The trade of volume 1 is out.
I'm sure I could be persuaded to storytime it to current, however.
>>
>>91692675
>Any comic that attempts to use prose is aping moore and trying to elevate itself
What the fuck? This is literally reader pretension, fuck off
>>
>>91693295
/co/ tends to accuse any non cape comic of being pretentious for some reason.
Anyway i haven't keep up, last issue i read they were just about to start their journey, but i really like the setting, MC seems interesting as well.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.