[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is all the hatred for this show just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 10

File: Vlcsnap-2014-10-10-07h19m55s124.png (2MB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2014-10-10-07h19m55s124.png
2MB, 1916x1076px
Is all the hatred for this show just a meme?
>>
>>91690304
No, it's legitimately bad.
>>
Hatred for any show typically is memetic.
The "the older show was better BAWWWWWW" is just baby kicking in the crib against the reality that is time and growing up.

But as a show-
It really does fucking suck. Case in point:
I have a little brother and sister who says the show is weird and they just don't like it, the exact demographic they're aiming for ditests it.

BUT, it is the new Spongebob of CN so...I don't know. It'll be a around a while.
>>
>>91690304
yes
>>
>overexposure
>family guy humor
>spork of doom humor
>constant in your face attention grabbing and over reaction

There are plenty of reasons
>>
>>91690304
I found it amusing at first, but it got old quickly and now there's more episodes of this crap than the original show. The fans have a right to be angry, a proper reboot or continuation would be awesome, but its clear the creators don't give a shit. When they redubbed the first episode it was basically a middle finger to the fans who hate GO.
>>
It's pretty bad, but I can't say I care anymore.
CN is borderline worthless now that RS is done, and once Gumball stops getting new episodes I doubt I'll even watch the channel for anything besides Adult Swim.
>>
>>91690304
>I have a little brother and sister who says the show is weird and they just don't like it, the exact demographic they're aiming for ditests it.

Nigga...those are two kids out of a million.

I actually like TTGO, it's the CN schedule I hate.
>>
>>91690304
Yes.
>>
Someone post a cap of the fucking CN schedule these days and you tell me
>>
>>91690304
It's the new Johnny Test
It's mediocre but its a cancer taking up space in the scheduling of CN.
Who the fuck watches tv these days?
>>
>>91691314
>It's the new Johnny Test
Pretty much this.
All it needs is some more whipcracks.
>>
>>91691314
I sure don't. I just look up episodes online and watch it free of any ads wasting my time. Started doing it once when I was watching a movie and there was only 5 minutes of the actual movie between commercial breaks which were 6 minutes each, it was then when I came to the sudden realization of how much of my time was being wasted.
>>
>>91690304
>YOUR
>NEW
>>
>>91690304
No, it can be pretty amusing at times, but regardless of your opinion on the actual show, everyone agrees that CN shows it WAAAAAAAAY too much.
>>
It's not a meme, it's autism
I don't care for this show, to me it's just fine....it's everything I would expect from a comedy sketch show based on capes, if it was Marvel literally nobody would complain, probably even praise it
That being said, the fanbase of the original Teen Titans show is so autistic that I love this show because it shits on them, I love to see retarded people get a hefty turd dropped and splattered all over their face as they REEEEE all day and all night, fuck them, eat my shit
>>
Not only do I dislike it because it was advertised as the return of the oreganol Teen Titans, but how terrible the characters are. Incessant shouting, uncalled for catch phrases, this show is just meant for little children. This show appeals to little kids because it keeps their attention, bright colors, sudden loud noises, brainless catchy tunes. Kids watch it because it keeps them interested, not because it's good. We're all adults here, we see past all that and just see a bland show being milked by CN. What bugs me is that you don't need all of that to keep a child intriguied, TTG just takes to easy route of doing so. Yes there are a few good episodes , but overall it hardly changes the quality of what you would normally see. My question to CN is what will they do when TTG ends? The problem with relying on one show is that it will die and you will be left with nothing because that's where you've exhuasted all your resources on.
>>
>>91690304
Let's Get Serious.
>>
>>91692579
You 'like' the show because you're sadistic, not because you genuinely enjoy it then. From what I'm reading you see this show as a sports team, and got on the ride because it's always winning. Either that or you're baiting for (You)'s in which case fuck off
>>
>>91690304

It's hit and miss. I've seen a few episodes that made me chuckle and I've seen some I just couldn't get through. It's really inconsistent. They use a lot of different styles of comedy which throws the tone all over the place.
>>
>>91690304
Nope/ It's legitimately terrible.
>>
>>91692737

Cartoon Network has been doing this for ages. Before this is was "What will they do when Adventure Time/Regular Show ends?" and Chowder before that. CN's general strategy is to find a show that gets them ratings and blitz the everloving fuck out of it until they run it into the ground and then jump ship to whatever new property hasn't been canceled.
>>
>>91692883
Yes and I remember when CN was only working with three shows for a good while. The difference being none of these shows were spammed to the extent that TTG has. TTG has quite effectively been CN's Spongebob, and they can't keep doing this. Luckily CN brought in shows to stay like Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa (latter not really for me) before we would begin to worry. Flapjack and Chowder this wasn't really the case we had Live Action and Canadian shows. Aside from my other points I still wonder what CN will do when they can no longer rely on TTG. I wonder if it was worth it losing fans that they used to have.
>>
>>91690304
If teen titans go was a different set of characters, then I'm sure it wouldn't get as much hate since most people view it as "shitting on the old shows grave". There's also the fact CN airs it 90% of the time a week.
>>
>>91692771
I said I don't care for the show. Honestly I've watched like five episodes max, I don't watch Cartoon Network, give me a fucking break
>>
I only ever saw the episode where they used bees for money. Made me laugh out loud multiple times.

Also, the episode where Robin deals with kid flash as competition and has to learn they have different skills.

The money one especially is a great topic for kids to wrap their developing minds around. Plus, some of that humor was downright good.
>>
I unironically enjoy the show.

The premise of "a bunch of superpowered teens live together with no adult supervision whatsoever" always seemed like it'd lend itself to being a bit, well, "edgier" for lack of a better word than what the original show. Not a knock against that show, but I always figured that "realistically", they'd either be fucking one another 24/7 like in the rule 34, or they'd spend a helluva lot more time just fucking around and not getting much done beyond their interpersonal drama. The stuff with BB and Cyborg playing video games and arguing over who gets to be player 1, Starfire being a fish-out-of-water weirdo, Raven deciding to join the guys' game of stankball, or Killer Moth blackmailing Robin into dating his daughter - that's what stuck with me about the show, because it's (again, for lack of a better word) "cozy".

Young Justice took that idea and ran with it in a more dramatic direction, while also making sure you knew EXACTLY how it fit into the wider DCU and where the older superheroes are... so I don't feel the need for TTG to be anything more than "silly shenanigans with the Titans."

I think the key difference tho is that I never once expected to get a season 6. Never. I remember seeing pathetic change.org petitions to get it renewed here on /co/. I never got it. Then when CN announced "we're doing DC Nation Teen Titans shorts with the original VAs!", I thought "...well, fuck me, now these fucks are going to think they CAN get whatever they want through online bitching!" Then I saw the super-deformed art style and thought "Oh OK, it's its own thing." And the nerds learned the wrong lesson - that if they don't get a show back EXACTLY the way they wanted, then clearly the solution is to BITCH SOME MORE!
>>
>>91690443
The older show was indeed better.I mean ,2003 TT at least wasnt a bad Spongebob ripoff
>>
>>91690304
NO WAY YO, IT'S PRETTY BASED YO

like being funny and using the memes

everyone loves characters that act out of their personality yo

the best thing about the show is all the musicals bae, you can't hate that little momma

TTGO is the best yo
>>
>>91690304
I've grown use to it.
>>
File: 1486496386126.jpg (10KB, 380x296px) Image search: [Google]
1486496386126.jpg
10KB, 380x296px
>>91692579
Basically this. It successfuly trolls the autistic fanbase, and they fall for it every time. As a show, it's really no worse than the other garbage airing on CN, but the fact that the writers intentionally go out of their way to piss off these autists off is amusing.
>>
>>91692579
>>91696505
So how autistic is the fanbase?
>>
>tfw the fans of the original show are to TTG as the fans of the original comic are to the original show

I never liked Teen Titans anyway, so it is funny reading about the situation.
>>
>>91696580
so many
>>
>the spirit animal episode
I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks, TTG is comedy gold. Plus its the only show I've ever seen that teaches good personal finance.
>>
>>91696817
If you're not mature enough to choose an educational program that will actually help you afford living after graduation you're probably not mature enough to manage rental property, let alone convice anyone sensible to loan you the money to purchase said property.

That said, the Raven-Trigun interaction is fun to watch, if more tha a bit cliched.
>>
>>91697108
>an educational program that will actually help you afford
we have alan watts for that
>>
>>91690304
People hate this show the same reason why people hate Roman Reigns.
>>
>>91697185
because they were told to by vince mcmahon?
>>
>>91692579
>if it was Marvel literally nobody would complain, probably even praise it
Jesus christ, this persecution complex.
>>
>>91697202
It's been pushed as the network's top show, despite not having the IT factor shows like Spongebob had, and got overexposed.
>>
>>91697202
>>91697185
how many fucking people actually watch wrestling. Thought I was a rare autist

>>91697251
accurate
>>
>>91690443
No, this show is shit.
>Growing up
Except this show is the exact opposite, it gets less mature. You are clearly the child here for defending this baby shit.
>>
>>91696505
>writers intentionally go out of their way to piss off these autists off is amusing.
This!
>>
The anti-bullying ad I saw using clips from the show was the funniest thing about it.

A show where the characters regularly use violence and insults on one another for a punchline.
>>
It's really funny 75% of the time and irredeemable trash 25% of the time from my experience. I like it, i just skip the shitty episodes. I dont get why fans of the original cartoon are so buttblasted.

And i used to be so autistic about the original Teen Titans cartoon that I read 100s of Tt fanfictions, owned multiple TT posters and bed sheets and made a long running story in my head for 8 years where I inserted my self as Raven.
>>
>>91698875

Perhaps unfortunately, I've had a lot of close friendships that bear a strong resemblance to the psychological part of that mixture.
>>
>>91697232
>Marvel faggots bringing their edition wars into threads that have nothing to do with it

Typical
>>
>>91697918
He wasn't even defending it. Are you pretending to be retarded on purpose?
>>
>>91697251
I remember when they would be running 6 hour marathons of this show before they even had 6 hours worth of episodes, so they'd end up playing the same one anywhere from 2-5 times during the same marathon.
>>
File: 1462050423748.png (103KB, 311x300px) Image search: [Google]
1462050423748.png
103KB, 311x300px
>>91690304
I stopped watching CN a long while when they were throatfucking everyone with this show. Does this shit still dominate the timeslots?
>>
>>91690304
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFJb-YgQgYI
>>
>>91690555
This

The network is heading into a second dark age of mediocre shows that all feel the same
>>
File: blackfirebutt.png (658KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
blackfirebutt.png
658KB, 1280x720px
It's really interesting that I can still watch TTG and laugh, but I can't with the original Teen Titans. For some bizarre reason, the humour in the original show seems more immature to me. It was a bunch of weeb humour where the joke is the over-exaggeration of their expressions.The dialogue and friendship morals in the original show was too kid oriented as well.

I'd much rather sit and watch Teen Titans Go now then the original as an adult. But as a kid, I would have preferred the original.
>>
>>91691492
Some whipcracks? Every fast movement was accompanied by a whipcrack in JT.
>>
File: 1490653717730.png (167KB, 271x295px) Image search: [Google]
1490653717730.png
167KB, 271x295px
>>91690304
I thought it was at first but it's actually not. This show invokes so much autistic rage in people that it's actually fascinating. It's like the perfect blend of annoyance, it purposely fucks with fans of the old show, it completely covers the channel's schedule blocking any new shows from getting recognition and it's always loud and obnoxious. The funny thing is if it didn't shit on old fans and wasn't so overexposed it would just be a 5/10 show, It's those two factors that drive it over the edge. Like Cartoon Network is trying an experiment to see how many manchildren they can piss off. Like they saw Johnny Test's reaction and said "no... we can do even better".
>>
The big beef people have with the show is either
>a) "Muh nostalgia" fags who get upset over the fact that TTGo is completely different than the TT show, which is ironicaly completely different to the TT comics.
>b) "Muh calarts" fags
And probaly the most rational complaints are that the show take too much time from other cartoons, then again, that's CN and WB's fault.
>>
File: 1409424666728.jpg (18KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1409424666728.jpg
18KB, 400x240px
Among all my hatred for this show, I think my most hated thing about it is that it has nothing to do with the characters most of the time. Like you could throw OC characters in it and it'd still be the same garbage
>>
>>91696505
It reminds me of how early AS, especially Sealab 2021, would shit all over the fans (at least the ones on the official message boards).
>>
>>91696505

Yeah, I like that too. Early on I don't remember it being too explicit, but people just kept getting so angry at everything they did. So they went for it.

I would say they air it too much, but I don't have cable anyway so its not like it effects me.
>>
>>91700081
>The dialogue and friendship morals in the original show was too kid oriented as well.
edgy
>>
>>91701720
I'm not saying that from an edgy point of view. It's feels like I'm watching, and forgive me god for uttering this name, Barney half the time.
>>
>>91699889

I'd be down with them all dying of cancer in the last episode. That was a good episode of ATHF.
>>
File: b4f.jpg (24KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
b4f.jpg
24KB, 600x451px
>>91690304

Yes and no.

It's not the worst show ever, and I personally don't have a problem with them not wanting to appeal to the fans of the original show.

That said, the humor is on Family Guy tier, meaning all of the "jokes" are either sarcasm, pop culture references, LOL SO RANDUMB, or seven-layers-of-irony meta anti-humor. As a result, it's not funny.

It doesn't help that CN has constantly touted it as "YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW" and has oversaturated their network with reruns to the point that it makes Nick's treatment of Spongebob look like a joke.
>>
>>91699278
>if it was Marvel literally nobody would complain, probably even praise it
>Nobody was talking about Marvel
>FUCKING TYPICAL MARVELFAGS

This is /v/-tier consolewar bullshit.
>>
File: crash cronenberg.jpg (86KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
crash cronenberg.jpg
86KB, 1000x667px
It actually is, very often, a funny cartoon show.

Comparisons to Family Guy are incorrect. The VA's, jokes, and aesthetic of Teen Titans Go is far better.

I honestly think it's the best cartoon out there atm (or was at a certain point. Haven't watched it in a while)
>>
File: crash 2.jpg (25KB, 300x449px) Image search: [Google]
crash 2.jpg
25KB, 300x449px
>>91690531
That was hilarious though

>>91693651
This is the worst thing I've ever read

>>91697108
>cliched
Its a cartoon show you insane strange man

>>91700290
It's just a vehicle for the VA's to be funny m8, and it works well
>>
>>91697273
Wrestling is basically just capeshit, quite a lot of us on /co/
>>
>>91697918
>post wasn't even defending it

See this is why people think 4chan posters are retarded. Because they are. The most kneejerk thing I've seen outside of /pol/ in ages.
>>
>>91699353
Sort of.
>>
>>91690304

Its a shit show that has its moments but its confused as a good show that gets shit on for no reason

Also this >>91702260
>>
>>91703218
No it has nothing in common with Family Guy. It has a lot of very good episodes and even the duds can be quite charming.
>>
>>91690531
This summed my feels toward show too.

I would be fine if it if CN treat it just like another show not in way it do it now.
>>
>>91698875
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/stopbullying/speak-up-with-the-teen-titans-clip.html
I love the generic child laughter

I've only watched like 5 episodes of TTG but doesn't everyone bully Robin? So I guess it's okay to bully the kid who's lost his parents and dealt with years of sexual abuse from Batman?
>>
>>91700081
This, the anime-esque humor hasn't aged well and just looking back at now is kinda cringe. Yet normies on YT still consider it GOAT, that and always mentioning their hateboner with TTG
>>
>>91690304
No

As someone with a kid sibling who watches this shit so I have to hear it all the time

It's legit bad

It's all LOLRANDOMB LUL humor

meatballs, waffles, ass shaking, make it end for Christ's sake
>>
>>91690304
No. It is over reacting thought.

I think it sucks but not the worse in the past 5 years. The main reasons are it humor hits a small amount of older audience since it's random/anti/or making fun of the original and it gets +50% of the schedule. If it was it's own IP and had 20% of the schedule it would still be disliked but not as much
>>
>>91696505
Ah, the "We were being retarded on purpose" argument
>>
File: TTG_ep81_SmileBones_Still04.jpg (103KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
TTG_ep81_SmileBones_Still04.jpg
103KB, 1200x675px
The TTG team is trying to create a new generation of degeneracy with its autismal plots and comedy

>when all the Teen Titans were naked
>when Raven's thighs became the focus briefly
>pic related
>>
>>91700259
You forgot
>C) It's shown off more then John Wayne Gacy showed his Weiner to young men
>D) It's a show that thrives on randumb humor 70% of the time with the rest being maybe actual jokes
It's like jangling keys in your face in between episodes of Always Sunny
>>
>>91704741
>Because in this action oriented show, it was the humor that kept people
Even fans disliked the anime shit
>>
I honestly would rather take a show that knows what it's trying to be and be that (TTGO) than a show that's end result is closer to a watered down take on its source material (2003 TT.) TTGO has that short attention span style comedy, and has everything from each episode's structure and length geared towards that. It was never meant to be a continuation of the 2003 show. The watering down of the characters into a couple caricatures each makes sense here. It doesn't make sense in 2003 Teen Titans where they were trying to adapt material with far more maturity, depth and complexity than what the 2003 show turned out to be. Of course there's the argument that "they had to water it down for the kids!" but that doesn't excuse lack of quality as a result of it when there's stuff like Batman TAS and The Incredibles that also exist that are able to contain mature themes and depth while still being able to target children.
>>
>>91703353
>No it has nothing in common with Family Guy.
It actually shockingly has a LOT in common with Family Guy.
>Random references and cut-aways in place of humor
>Verbatim recreations of movie dialogue that the audience is too young to know anything about
>Constant breaking of the 4th wall in place of actual jokes
>Shits on detractors who likely don't even watch the show anyways
>Comes off as obnoxious to a large portion of the population aside from children

TTG is less like CN's Spongebob and more like CN's Family Guy.
>>
>>91705933
>that episode where everyone got teen pregnant and it was revealed that Star has 9 wombs
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.