[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Providence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Providence1RegCover.jpg (32KB, 250x386px) Image search: [Google]
Providence1RegCover.jpg
32KB, 250x386px
So who else loved Alan Moore's Providence series? I've been hooked from the first issue. I even ended up paying into a Kickstarter for the first time to pick up a slipcase collection.
>>
Liked it.

But... had to have read the two preceding comics, that's a minus.
Also, anti-Lovecraft: Lovecraft kept things vague, Moore wants a coherent story, Lovecraft didn't care much for sexuality, Moore makes it the focus.
>>
>>91690249
I absolutely loved it. My only complaint is they didn't touch At the Mountains of Madness at all.
>>
>>91690249
do you know if the Neonomicon present in the slipcase includes the Courtyard?
It's a dealbreaker for me. I want the WHOLE thing
>>
>>91690249

Its a true great piece of work. I'm so thankfull we have Alan Moore around.
>>
>>91690249
Same here.

>>91693077
I agree that it's a minus, but I don't think being Anti-Lovecraft is a bad thing necessarily. I think Neonomicon was a horrible attempt at making sense and including sexuality - whereas Providence is probably the best you could do either of those things while still keeping the same themes and atmosphere.

>>91694785
It's "The Collected Neonomicon", so I assume that it includes Courtyard because all collected editions have.
Also, if you want the whole thing, the first short that Moore/Burrows worked on in their Lovecraft saga "Recognition" is being offered in the Yuggoth Cultures add-on product

>>91693241
Yeah, I think it only had a brief cameo in the dreamland issue.
>>
File: Nova Toast.jpg (787KB, 1277x1041px) Image search: [Google]
Nova Toast.jpg
787KB, 1277x1041px
>>91694889
thx man
>>
>>91694961
Yeah, it's in digital though, and the whole mini just for one short story...the comic it's in is Yuggoth Cultures #2 if you end up trying to track down a single issue instead.
>>
>>91693077
Lovecraft's fear of intimacy (~sexuality) is key to understand him as a person.
>>
>>91695040
It really is, and Lovecraft admits that it's a part of his stories in his letters, especially for Innsmouth. Although I'm glad Moore back down some of the outright asexual stuff he was trying out in Courtyard/Neonomicon.
>>
>>91690249
>The Nazis and the Prohibition actually delayed the apocalypse significantly

What a weird story turn.
>>
>>91695089
I have to feel that was commentary on Lovecraft's earlier sympathies. And a reasoning for why those tones were in his stories and his thoughts, cause of his nature as a conduit.

I did think it was funny that Aldo Sax is able to become sane again because of the Swatstika he tattooed himself with. Meaning others could too...but good luck with that.
>>
>>91693241
well it's far from the only Lovecraft story not to come up, don't believe any references to In The Walls of Eryx come up at any point for example
>>
>>91695089
Wait so that dream sequence with the Nazi's was actually a vision of the future gassing fishmen?

Also how did prohibition fix things?
>>
>>91696173
Or prevent things I should've said.
>>
>adding stretch goals with basically a week to go
>the fund has already gotten 10x it's goal

Not sure that was a good idea. It's already gotten what it can, and these goals seem more like early stretches.

>>91696173
>>91696198
>Also how did prohibition fix/prevent things?
I figure that they mean that Moral guardians and the such in general ended up rousting out/keeping down sects.
>>
>>91696388
I honestly think that Avatar is on its last legs now. What's with all these kickstarters?
>>
>>91696535
Oh, there's been no doubt it's starting to collapse for a while now.

They aren't gaining series, most of their newer ones were cut down and put into an anthology,kickstarted, and everything else is reprints.

They've intimated that this kickstarter will also help fund another Crossed project, but who knows after that? I think getting bigger names like Moore and Gillen, and even Ennis kinda happened at the wrong time, financially for them.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.