[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of Nolan's Bane?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 18

File: IMG_5776.jpg (49KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5776.jpg
49KB, 500x700px
What did you think of Nolan's Bane?
>>
>>91686796
Tell me about him, why does he wear the mask?
>>
This is this movie just not allowed to be discussed on /co/? I was once banned just for trying to ask a question about the opening scene.
>>
He's a big guy.
>>
>>91686796
He was a big guy, for all of us.
>>
>>91686796
>>
>>91686796
It's fine but didn't like the mask
>>
File: CIAhead.png (693B, 16x11px) Image search: [Google]
CIAhead.png
693B, 16x11px
>>91686888
nice
>>
>>91686796
at least he can talk
>>
>>91686796
U U U U
>>
>>91686796
Good costume
>>
>>91687476
that's a small cia
>>
>>91686796
Outstaged by an extra.
>>
>>91688553
>Outstaged by an extra.
This
>>
Top tier meme that broke the boundaries into reality
>>
>>91686796
His voice is really ill-fitting. He's far too jovial.
>>
File: CGJCUAAFV.png (199KB, 600x760px) Image search: [Google]
CGJCUAAFV.png
199KB, 600x760px
no one remembers the movie, only the memes
>>
File: 1489976084012.png (129KB, 446x324px) Image search: [Google]
1489976084012.png
129KB, 446x324px
I hate Baneposting, but I love Baneposting.

The rest of the movie was okay.
>>
>>91686796
I thought he was....meh.
Seriously, people were hyping up Hardy as Bane before the movie came out. But once it did, I thought his performance was completely forgettable.
>>
File: Dr. Carson, I’m GOP.png (300KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Carson, I’m GOP.png
300KB, 540x438px
>Trump did a review of TDKR
>even quoted Bane in a speech
>>
Its a shame the movie was shit, I really liked his take on the character.
>>
>>91686888
>I was once Baned

ftfy
>>
>>91689084
>>Trump did a review of TDKR
Holy fuck, I thought you were joking or it was a YTP thing.
not a big Trump fan but he's really got the salesman speech-pattern down, the review was nice
>>
The memes are the worst thing ever

Bane is actually great tho
>>
>>91686796
I like the costume
>>
Memes are great.
Bane is also really interesting. If you think about him critically, he's an inverse of Batman in a lot of ways. Not a mirror image but a negative image.
I mean starting with his design, his mask covers only the part that Batman's reveals.

Where Bruce wanted to give up the mask to be with his love interest, Bane put his mask on specifically to serve his own sort of love interest.

I could go on.
>>
He was a rather large individual.

CIA was more interesting though.
>>
Semi related but if you where to make a soundtrack surrounding Bane, or any particular comic villain, what songs would you include?
>>
>>91689524
Huh. I never actually noticed that before.

After Ra's Al Ghul and The Joker being played as Batman's moral/philosophical opposites, Bane always felt kind of off key to me by comparison.
>>
>>91686796
He would have made a great Bond villain. Nolan's entire DK thing would have been vastly improved if it was based around an original character and universe and had nothing to do with Batman.
>>
>>91689696
Yeah. Where Ra's and the Joker were meant to actually oppose Batman philosopically, Bane and Talia feel unusual because they sort of subvert the 'conflict of ideals' precedence set.

Bane isn't fighting for morality, he's fighting entirely for personal reasons. He's using the image of an ideal warrior like Batman or Ra's or the Joker to motivate and provoke people but he's mostly just NUCLEAR
>>
>>91689645
Goliath from Mars Volta
>>
File: small-guy.jpg (82KB, 495x720px) Image search: [Google]
small-guy.jpg
82KB, 495x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4G8IlNYgws
>>
>>91689880
Holy shit I didn't know he made a Suicide Squad song.
>>
>>91689524
Please do go on anon
>>
>>91686796
I thought he was good

It would had been so much better had Nolan kept him the main villain and left Talia out of the movie somehow
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9994nv8BcU
>>
Are we not going to discuss how Banepoting tore a hole into the physical realm and killed 150 people?
>>
>>91689645
Gone, Gone, Gone by Phillip Phillips
https://youtu.be/oozQ4yV__Vw
>>
>>91686796
It elevated Bane among audiences. It put him right behind the Joker
>>
It made him ripe for parody and that'll mean he'll stay in the public conscious for a long time if not forever. Luchabane btfo.

He was great in LEGO Batman.
>>
>>91690200
Sure
Consider that Bane's outfit is always functionally the opposite of Batman's. Batman uses armor and PREPARATION where Bane is almost always very spartan in his affects.

Batman's use of his mask is to inspire fear where Bane's mask is to null his pain (ie, the thing we have fear to avoid).

Both Batman and Bane saw their love interests as children, but Batman's is killed but her spirit endures where Bane manages to save his love interest but her spirit is made cruel.

want more??
>>
>>91691049
go on, for me
>>
>>91689608
CIA was a complex man who wore pants and liked his blue shirt.

He was not a fan of masks...Or crashing planes.
>>
>>91691153
Will it be a big post?
>>
>>91691153
Well I stated it above but Batman fights for purely ideological reasons, driven by personal experience (dead parents). Bane and his Love Interest fight purely for personal reasons (Ra's final wish), driven by Ra's ideology (get this decadence out of my world, reeeeeee)
I know that seems like a REALLY subtle difference but it's basically what is critical factor that pushed them on their path vs what sustains them on their paths.

In a way, there's always a sort of 4-man inversion between the Mask-Wearers and their Love Interests.
Where Batman is both the instigator of action and the Mask-Wearer in a literal and figurative sense while Rachel is his emotional stake in Gotham, Talia is the figurative mask-wearer (of just being some philanthropist) while Bane assumes her identity (leader of the League of Shadows and Child who escaped the pit) while Bane wears a literal mask.

Going to the classic meme, If Bane has his mask removed he dies in both a literal and figurative sense. If he loses the identity as Talia's protector, he loses his purpose for existence. Compared to Batman, who uses his mask and identity as a vigilante as a coping mechanism for both his parents' and rachel's deaths. Batman uses his mask to cope with loss while for Bane, losing the mask IS his loss.

I mean Bruce loses the mask when he escapes with Selina to Paris while Bane is willing to kill himself in a Neutron bomb blast just to hold onto his role and purpose.
>>
>>91691452
Is this autistic enough for you?
>>
>>91690279
Apparently not
>>
>>91691452
Nice. You actually changed my opinion on this movie years later
>>
File: you-have-my-permission-to-feel.png (339KB, 464x563px) Image search: [Google]
you-have-my-permission-to-feel.png
339KB, 464x563px
>>91686796

His voice was so STUPID.

It boggles my mind that Nolan heard that goofy... whatever it was supposed to be and said, "perfect, let's go with that."

Also, at certain times in the movie he inexplicably changes his voice for a single line to one that actually sounds like Bane should. For example, in the first fight with Batman where he says "you only adopted the dark."

From what I've heard they redubbed his lines several times so maybe there's a version where he sounds Spanish and intimidating the whole time and not like a gay English Sean Connery?
>>
>>91692171
So his voice is supposed to be a Scottish, Sean Connery type deal (I originally thought it might even be south african boer).
The changes in his voice is his voice cracking, presumably due to his injuries.
>>
File: one_ring.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
one_ring.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>91686796
Some prefer Durin's, but Isildur's is my favorite.
>>
>>91692329
One meme to bring them all and in the shitposts bind them
>>
File: igmz5o48qdmy.jpg (78KB, 611x837px) Image search: [Google]
igmz5o48qdmy.jpg
78KB, 611x837px
>>91691452
>If Bane has his mask removed he dies in both a literal and figurative sense. If he loses the identity as Talia's protector, he loses his purpose for existence. Compared to Batman, who uses his mask and identity as a vigilante as a coping mechanism for both his parents' and rachel's deaths. Batman uses his mask to cope with loss while for Bane, losing the mask IS his loss.

B R A V O
N
O
L
A
N
>>
>>91686796
It was nice to finally have an intelligent Bane instead of the brain dead roid freak he usually is in movies and cartoons.
>>
File: Doctor Crane.jpg (2MB, 2250x3450px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Crane.jpg
2MB, 2250x3450px
>>91686796
Bane and Batman's agenda was sort of fuzzy.
I didn't really get where they were going short of a conflict of interest.
Guess it was more about their contrast philosophy or nature.

Getting Talia involved at the last minute felt lacking compared to Ra's return in Begins.
Unless there was some setup early on I missed, her getting so close to Bruce felt unearned.
You could say the same about Selina.
>>
File: I thought you were taller.gif (984KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
I thought you were taller.gif
984KB, 500x200px
I loved Bane, but he got a shitty ending. His scenes up til them were great though.

The rest of the film was 7/10, mostly due to the disappointing resolution.
>>
It's basically worse than everything it takes inspiration from and fails multiple times with action and I'd never watch it again but it's neat. It has some cool scenes and lines.
>>
Pretty fucking based
>>
>>91692239

I dunno about that I've never heard of someone's voice cracking into an entirely different accent.
>>
>>91693003
I still don't get why she had to fuck him. She hated him so much and came up with an elaborate plan to ruin him which involved also fucking him. I can't recall another villain needlessly fucking the hero like in The Dark Knight Rises.
>>
File: 1491908192956.jpg (88KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491908192956.jpg
88KB, 300x400px
hes a big guy

and trust me, weve got the biggest guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddvk4aWNS50
>>
>>91693327
It's like the old saying goes.
Everything in the world is about sex except for sex...sex is about power.

For Talia, she was using sex to get under his skin, to get the image of her so close to Bruce's heart that her revenge would be the most effective.

Bane and Talia's entire agenda is hurting Batman/Bruce as much as possible, just absolutely fucking with him on the highest and deepest level.

Batman/Bruce's agenda is just to prove to himself he can still do the vigilante thing 8 years after the Joker incident. He's doing it for both his original reasons from Batman Begins as well as to cope with Rachel's loss
>>
>>91686796
>>
>>91690279
The hole's still open and streaching reality as we speak >>91689084
>>
>>91686796
He was an improvement honestly, aside from Knightfall, Bane's been written like shit most of the time and in cartoons he's always some retarded roid freak. I don't mind the voice either because I figure he probably learned to speak English predominantly from books and he spent a lot of time away from other people in his developmental years so of course he might sound goofy or have a bit of an ambiguous accent.
>>
>>91686796

He was good but now its impossible for me to take him seriously due to the memes.

The movie blows though, and the breaking scene is bloodless and tepid.
>>
>>91686796
not vidya
>>
He makes me moist
Tom Hardy is a god amongst men
>>
File: ppeng.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ppeng.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>91689645
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYFTbzREY7M
>>
>>91686796
When I first watched the movie I thought I had some joke version because of his voice and the sound mixing. Seriously. I never followed it when the trailers were coming out or anything, so I went into it almost entirely blind.

It's a weird, comical mess of a movie.
>>
File: 1490169163421.png (604KB, 1440x1658px) Image search: [Google]
1490169163421.png
604KB, 1440x1658px
>>91689439
>The memes are the worst thing ever
t. redditor
>>
>>91693033
The second to last villains in all three movies had abrupt and disappointing endings.

>Scarecrow just sorta escapes (and then gets caught at the start of TDK) whilst Ra's gets the climax
>Joker is just sorta arrested (They claim Heath had wrapped on the movie but I'm not convinced) whilst Dent gets the climax
>Bane is abruptly blown the fuck up whilst Talia gets the climax

Nolan can't into endings.
>>
Ignoring the ending, he was the best adaptation. Anti Batman is what Bane is supposed to be. Normies hate him because Nolan didn't make him a dumb brute like in the cartoons and previous movies.
>>
File: but why.jpg (31KB, 599x384px) Image search: [Google]
but why.jpg
31KB, 599x384px
>mfw Bane punched holes in a concrete pillar in the final fight scene
>>
>>91687416
i didn't really care who he was until he put on the mask, though
>>
>>91686796
He's a large individual.
>>
>>91694665

>Joker is just sorta arrested (They claim Heath had wrapped on the movie but I'm not convinced) whilst Dent gets the climax

The movie was clearly building to give Harvey the climax throughout the third act. That ending makes perfect sense if Joker was going to play a major part in the third film.

Nolan's "Oh The Joker was never going to have a major part in the third film/I never planned for a third film" excuse is hot diggity dogshit though.
>>
>>91695332
I think it was a plaster decorative shell around the true column material on the inside but I might be wrong. Also, have you considered that Bane is a big guy?
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.