[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

President Lex Luthor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: President Lex Luthor.jpg (400KB, 1280x1887px) Image search: [Google]
President Lex Luthor.jpg
400KB, 1280x1887px
So with Trump in the White House and nu-Lex trying his best to be a good guy despite his massive ego, this has to happen again soon, right?
>>
>>91677399
we already got that story. this isnt marvel
>>
I don't see them rehashing that story, or going for that really low-hanging fruit of a social satire.

But I do wish comics would go with firmly established fictional presidents, so that they can make them genuine characters instead of how Obama in Aquaman had exactly one line.
>>
>>91677399
I'm not opposed to it. I like the idea of Luthor running for president. I like him being very morally ambiguous and you can't figure out if he's trying to he a good guy now or if he's still evil and Superman loosing his shit over it all.
>>
File: photo.jpg (41KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
41KB, 900x900px
>>91677661
>going for that really low-hanging fruit of a social satire.
Hold my fucking beer
>>
>>91677777
Lex is even lower-hanging than just straight up putting Trump or some other proxy Trump in your comic, IMO, because of all the "LOL trump is just lex luthor xD" twitter memers.

Marvel likes to use the controversy to sell comics, DC doesn't really do that.
>>
>>91677399
Would you vote for Lex, /co/?

Keep in mind, Superman doesn't exist here.
>>
>>91677919
probably
>>
>>91677777
check'd
>>
>>91677919
Honestly, without Superman, he might be a self-centered egomaniac, but he knows how to get things done and is beyond intelligent.

I'd vote for him.
>>
>>91677919
Absolutely.
>>
>>91677919
Lex essentially saves America from the brink of destruction in Superman Red Son.

So I'd vote Lex.
>>
>>91678555
From the wiki
>By 2001 Lex ran for, and won, the American presidency, with Jimmy Olsen as his running-mate. He succeeded a President Friedman, whose misrule resulted in food riots and tanks on New York's First Avenue. Using his scientific expertise, massive economic capital and dictatorial powers, he returns prosperity to his country, overcoming the secession that had sundered the United States fifteen years beforehand. However, this was only a part of a more general plan to provoke Superman into invading America so that he can be destroyed.
>>
>>91678482
He knows how to get things done to further his own interests, not make the world a better place. If you really want to vote for a tyrant who will improve the planet, vote for Doom.
>>
>>91678689
Yeah, but Lex's primary desire is for humanity to see him as it's hero. If there's no Superman and he's actually President, it's basically mission accomplished. He can actually get to work with regards to elevating humanity with his genius instead of being focused on showing up Superman.
>>
File: miltonfriedman_.jpg (12KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
miltonfriedman_.jpg
12KB, 350x500px
>>91678646
Holy shit... ¿president Milton Friedman?
>>
>>91677399
Lex is actually competent, smart, capable of spelling, and not a slave to dirty stinking commies!
We also did that decades ago.
>>
>>91677399
This sounds a lot like West Wing to me. West Wing with superscience.
>>
>>91677661
>instead of how Obama in Aquaman had exactly one line.

And that was only after a dozen issues of referring to the President and not showing him.

>>91678887
He'd be the last person to send in tanks, and the economy would have been awesome under his rule.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.