[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Providence Kickstarter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/avatarpress/providence-the-art-book-and-complete-slipcase-set

Jeez, /co/ how come you didn't tell me about this!
>>
>>
fucking avatar and their kickstarters
>>
>>91675813
it says they've only done two others
>>
File: From-Beyond-creatures.png (468KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
From-Beyond-creatures.png
468KB, 853x480px
>>91675777
FROM BEYOND HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>91675923
Yeah, that's the reference.
>>
>>91675923
From Beyond is an adaptation of an H.P. Lovecraft story. Alan Moore is obsessed with the elder eldritch creatures found in H.P. Lovecraft's stories.

Providence is Alan Moore's love letter to H.P. Lovecraft stories.
>>
>>91675923

>tfw they added a scene with Barbra Crampton in S&M outfit for no reason besides fanservice

Stuart Gordon's Lovecraft movies were truly a gem.
>>
>>91675813
a lot of comic companies are doing it now, Fantagraphics did one back in 2014 but since then they actually have done pretty well so they've never went back, however real smalltime ones like 2Dcloud and Retrofit do them once a year
it does make a bit of sense since a lot of this stuff isn't proffitable normally so you basically make your money from the backers sand rake in easy profit from the extra copies you print
>>
>>91675923
The Dunwich Horror issue has the POV of the Horror being reminiscent of the Roger Corman movie.
Moore and Burrows could probably do a visual history of the Mythos with the work they put in.
>>
>>91675764
It was a good series; I thought it ended on a bit of a flop though
>>
>>91677312
I agree, in part that it could have hit harder with a few beats.
I get that Moore was trying to hammer in that this is "it", there's no stalling or switch-ups, it's a finality. So there's this intentional deflationary effect, but it seems way too much.

Could have lessened it up a bit without losing that message. Still, it's up to perception. I think there's still horror in how the characters end up becoming almost dementia ridden despite their efforts.

Highlight is and always will be Johnny Carcosa.
Bierce and his actions finally confirming that Johnny is just as much of a douchebag as any other Nyarlathotep is.
>>
>>91675764
I would probably get that, if i had the moneys.

The fucking letters are a pain to read, but i liked...need to read the last two thou.
>>
>>91675764
I wish there was a tier for just the slipcase

oh well, maybe when it goes into full production
>>
Anyone got a link to read #12?
>>
>>91676939
Fantagraphics did one because Kim Thompson, their translator and co-publisher died.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.