[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are actually people on this planet who think Rick and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 14

File: rick morty.jpg (103KB, 350x506px) Image search: [Google]
rick morty.jpg
103KB, 350x506px
>there are actually people on this planet who think Rick and Morty is "deep".

Don't get me wrong. I like the show a lot, but you'd have to have the intellectual maturity of a teenager to think it is deep or has some type of intelligent message.
>>
File: ram.png (229KB, 1111x648px) Image search: [Google]
ram.png
229KB, 1111x648px
>>91674852
>tfw to intelligent not to find rick and morty deep
>>
>>91674852
McDonald's upgrades the menu
Chicken mcnuggets stay the same
No real reason to keep buying them
>schezwan sauce
>>
File: 1492447649512.jpg (291KB, 1660x458px) Image search: [Google]
1492447649512.jpg
291KB, 1660x458px
>>91674852
back to blah blah blah
>>
>>91674852
I could enjoy the show more if it would stop felating Rick all the time.
Venture Bros does the same concept better while including other concepts and stories.
>>
>>91675571
This
>>
File: 1490644359789.gif (2MB, 285x285px) Image search: [Google]
1490644359789.gif
2MB, 285x285px
>>91674852
Ok, but you've already fallen under the category of tryhards who overuse the word "deep", so don't think you got off scott-free, OP
>>
>>91677010
>>91675301
>haw haw redditor overanalyze the show too much with pseudo-intellectual BS
>haw haw redditors just repeat stupid jokes from the show
GEE COULD THIS MEAN THERE IS DIFFERENT WAY TO ENJOY THE SHOW ????????????????????????
>>
File: Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg (124KB, 257x380px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg
124KB, 257x380px
>there are actually people on this planet who think Batman v Superman is deep

Don't get me wrong. I hate the movie a lot, but you'd have to have the intellectual maturity of a teenager to think it is deep or has some type of intelligent message.
>>
>>91674852
I enjoy the show, but I also enjoy seeing /co/ and /tv/ losing their shit over it.

It's funny.
>>
Name another adult animated comedy that comes close to having themes that are as consistent or as personal as the show's sense of nihilism.

All I can think of is Venture Bros, Boondocks and Moral Orel. Two of those have been over for years and Venture is on one of its years long breaks. R&M may not be deep, but compared to most popular shows like Family Guy or modern Simpsons it's the fucking Mariana Trench. It makes sense people would call it deep when all they really have to compare it to are its shallow competitors. They exaggerate, but if you can think of a "deeper" adult comedy cartoon that's started in the past decade I'd love to hear it.
>>
>>91674852
"Clever" is a much better descriptor. The show does interesting things, but the shit it's telling you doesn't take much brain power to comprehend.
>>
>>91678983
Bojack Horseman
>>
>>91674948
>Chicken mcnuggets stay the same
>No real reason to keep buying them
Tell that to Ronnie.
>>
File: 1437430884315.jpg (66KB, 600x469px) Image search: [Google]
1437430884315.jpg
66KB, 600x469px
>Almost every thread I see about Rick & Morty is based on hating the show because of other peoples' opinions of it
>>
>>91678525
Difference is BvS is actually deep and has good themes and messages.
>>
>>91679439
>dropped comedy entirely in season 3
>endless depressive slog

The fuck were they thinking
Who watches that shit
>>
File: cats laughing.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cats laughing.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>91679609
>BvS is actually deep
>>
>>91679609
The only thing that was deep was your anus after you bought the theater ticket.
>>
>>91679439
Bojack Horseman is more about depression than nihilism.
>>
Go away Justin
>>
>>91678983
Nihilism is a garbage philosophy for guys who are in to pegging
>>
>>91675301
I love it when alt righties mock Nihilism, they hate it because its a philosophy they don't have an answer to, they also view it as a destructive truth that there is no god, or hidden meaning to life, we are just monkeys on a speck of dust floating in space, It's an unwelcome revelation to someone that worships things like power, hierarchy and culture, but they have no recourse other than to mock the inconvenient truth that none of it matters, because they want it to matter. They want hierarchy because they find meaning in being superior to others, and find it annoying when people step out of that paradigm and refuse to participate.
>>
>>91681085
If nothing matters then you wouldn't mind me taking all your stuff right? Too late!
>>
>>91681491
Dnt take my stuff
>>
>>91681584
TOO LATE I HAVE THE STUFF

HAHA NIHILIST
>>
>>91674852
There is only one thing worse than Rick and Morty edgeboys.
And that's people that get triggered about it every single day.
Yes I agree it's extremely edgy but you are just a bit worse.
>>
>>91675571
Pretty much this tbqh famalam
>>
File: 1489067454156.jpg (9KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
1489067454156.jpg
9KB, 250x239px
>>91674852
Intellectual immaturity would include failure to explain why. So how about it, OP? I think that the show can effectively communicate emotions with the viewer. Some examples would include Rick trying to kill himself, Beth and Jerry's relationship moments, and the ruthlessness of some scenes. Really Rick's disregard for life is amusing. How can you not feel anything from some scenes? Or are you simply 'shitting' on the show because "lol guise reddit show."
I don't even use reddit
>>
File: 1492371175334.png (430KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492371175334.png
430KB, 800x500px
>>91681085
>Nihilism as told by an edgefudge.
Nihilism is, simply put, a denial of principles or institutions as valued by society. What conclusions you draw from those premises in terms of politics--or philosophy--branch off innumerably. But they generally hold that each individual--not society or religion-- is solely responsible for giving meaning to life, and living it passionately and sincerely.

One such example of Nihilism in action would be the slasher pill mentality, which is rather different than the alcoholism enhanced downward despair-spiral.

An Anon like you perhaps should consider living with a more regimented, life-supporting Weltanschauung. Have you considered a creed that promotes the protection of your way of life and thinking, and actively encouraging a healthier way of living?
>>
>>91674852
>there are actually people on this planet who think Rick and Morty is "deep"
>you'd have to have the intellectual maturity of a teenager to think it is deep

Teenager is a pretty broad category. Why are you so surprised they exist?
>>
>>91679609
Enjoy the movie all you want but it's not deep.
>>
File: overwatchjunkrick.jpg (231KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
overwatchjunkrick.jpg
231KB, 1000x800px
>Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die

This is the one quote I'm surprised really resonated with people. It was a nice little speech, but I've seen people get this as a tattoo...
>>
>>91675301
>1st post
Nothing but conjecture

>2nd
Conjecture and apparently he knows what the audience thinks?
>>
>>91678983
Even by the end of Moral Orel it's still optimistic
>>
>>91679637
/r9k/
>>
>>91674852

It's smart in the sense that it is creative and on many occasions unpredictable

Aside from that it doesn't really have a deep message because it isn't even trying to get something of the sorts across
>>
Being a child is talking about how Rick and Morty is a deep show.
Being a man is talking about how Rick and Morty isn't that deep.
Being a god amongst men is not talking about Rick and Morty at all.
>>
>>91681993
You mere mortal
>>
>>91681985
Precisely, the show isn't trying to teach us why we should think like Rick. The show is only showing us a nihilistic apathetic character: Rick.
>>
So people say Rick is pansexual.

What's the difference between pansexuality and bisexuality
>>
>>91682055
Bisexuals may not want to fuck trans, while pans do
>>
>>91681993
I take it as an article of faith that such beings do exist. I believe with every ounce of being that there are people who watch this show and will think nothing of it after viewing it. I believe that there are people who will not read about it online. In fact, I will go far as to believe that there are people who watch it late at night on public television after it had reached syndication. I believe these people exist.
>>
>>91682038
Completely this.

The fact that rick is a suicidal alcoholic should be the most obvious reason that you're not meant to think the way Rick does. He might be the smartest man in the universe, but he's still clearly miserable overall.
>>
>>91682055
Bisexuality is the attraction to both genders, implying there are only two. Pansexuality is the attraction to any gender, implying there are more than 2. I use the former because you either produce ovum or sperm, whereas special snowflakes, usually tumblrfags, unironically use the latter.
>>
>>91674918
>too
If this is bait, well done.
>>
>>91682055
Didn't the showrunners directly say pansexual? Not debating whether that's a "real" sexuality or not, I'm just fairly sure that was the term they used instead of bisexual.

And honestly it would probably work better to use that anyway considering Rick has no hang ups about having sex with aliens.
>>
>>91681085
>mfw so nihilistic that I care about other people's opinions

Sigh
>>
File: ed7.jpg (46KB, 600x632px) Image search: [Google]
ed7.jpg
46KB, 600x632px
>>91680917
>>
>>91682205

Lurk more faggot
>>
>hear about R&M here alot
>see anons compare it to Bojack
>decide to give it a shot
>it's a South Park version of Futurama, without the intelligent comedy writing of either

It's not Family Guy bad, but the artwork is even worse than Bojack and the comedy doesn't back it up. 3-4/10.
>>
>>91681812
This is a blue board, don't post images like that.
I'm gonna fap to this tonight
>>
>>91681887
That speech, and the show itself, is lacking in all subtly. It hits you on the head with the message.

I think a lot of people praise the show for what it attempts to tackle and not how it's executed.

It's not as bad as /co/ makes it out to be but it's not the greatest shit ever. The hateboner here is merely because people feel the show is undeserving of its worship among the people we hate the most. It's still a pretty good show though.
>>
>>91682109
But the show does a shit job of getting they across. Ricks hedonistic behavior is phenomenally more harmful to the people around him than himself. Morty, summer, the mom whose name escapes me, they all still love Rick unconditionally for no goddamn reason. Everyone who even attempts to stand up to Rick either dies or is too stupid for it to actually mean anything.
The message quickly becomes "You can be as much of a drunken asshole as you want as long as you manipulate the weak and ignorant."
>>
>>91682055
What gender is a giant space-jellyfish that communicates through controlled shifts of phosphorescence? A combination of inhibition reducing alcohol, morbid curiosity, age, and other circumstances would have warped his gender preferences. His mind has been exposed to sanity shattering vistas beyond the Earthy scope of human experience. The true horror of what he had gone through to end up as apathetic as he now to the entire topic would be turned into a throwaway joke about rampant drug-fuelled sex parties.
>>
>>91679608
That's all people have, it's a decent show otherwise.
>>
Does anyone actually believe that Dan Harmon gives a shit about anything but fucking around?
>>
>>91681887
That's because it's not the quote, it's the context. Morty gives that speech while informing his sister that it doesn't matter her parents hate eachother. Her actual brother is dead, he is a dimension hopping replacement, everything is horrible, find the joy while you can. It was also the first open moment of continuity,

It's not like it's earthshattering, but the speech itself is only the beginning of the meaning.
>>
>>91682055
Well you have to consider the fact that he wanted to fuck a giraffe.
>>
>>91682279
No, that's not the message. There is no message. It's just the zany adventures of a drunken asshole and his weak and ignorant family.
>>
>>91679926
holy shit my sides
>>
>>91682279
>Ricks hedonistic behavior is phenomenally more harmful to the people around him than himself.
Characters like this have been doing this since always. In part one of The Daleks (Dec 21, 1963). The Doctor wished to explore an alien city, and so he sabotaged his time machine's Fluid Link to ensure that they could not leave until they had visited the city to repair the link and, completely coincidentally of course, satisfy his curiosity.
>>
>>91682501
>>91682279
If you want the message you gotta go waaaaay back to the beginning.

Before Rick and Morty were Rick and Morty.

Back to a distant year. And there's only one way to get there.
>>
>>91682279
That's why it kinda pisses me off just to what extent Jerry is the butt monkey

He's beta as fuck for sure, but he has good points and is generally the most level headed
>>
>>91682501
Yea and it fuckin sucks
>>
>>91674852
But it had Rick look sad and put sad music over it
DEEP
>>
>>91679439

Californication was better. Being a cartoon doesn't change anything, and while is aggressively self-aware, the other is significantly less self-aware inside of its own bubble, which conveys the message a lot more potently.

Plus David Duchovny is great so there's that.
>>
>>91682880
Oh I believe it, which is why I'm pretty disappointed with your example. Surely you could find worse than that.
Thing is, when characters like that are portrayed as the hero, it sucks. It always has.
>>
>>91682279
>unconditionally for no goddamn reason
It hits close to home with how life is with having family visit and vise versa. The inconsequential argument over the microwave timer settings would have earned the scorn of everyone here. "DO YOU WANT THE NEIGHBOURS TO HEAR?!!" was lambasted in a near-empty neighbourhood.
>>
>>91683004
It doesn't matter how level headed he is. Roiland's self-felating as will never let him win, never have his wife love him, and never have his kids love him as much as they love his edgy self-insert.
Feelsbadman
>>
>>91674852
I don't think it's particularly deep but it is very clever. It has the same Dan Harmon feel that I got watching Community and I like that.
>>
File: Ctcvbl1WAAAa8D9.jpg (95KB, 1075x810px) Image search: [Google]
Ctcvbl1WAAAa8D9.jpg
95KB, 1075x810px
>>91675301
>And as a counter to fanboyism there emerged a culture of snubbery.
"That post is full of some serious buzzword word salad," said the shill from behind his hooked nose; "Oh, vey. You better not listen! You better be a good, goy and watch moar!"
>>
>>91682279
>"You can be as much of a drunken asshole as you want as long as you manipulate the weak and ignorant."

This is accurate.
>>
man, fuck all that.
i like rick and morty for the same reason i like osomatsu-san. they seem to operate off of a "really? you like this stupid show? whats wrong with you?"
osomatsu did it with things like its final episode, and rick and morty does it with the genitally shaped backrounds, mockery of catchphrases, and things like that.
its funny and shits on people who regurgitate its jokes, what more could i want?
>>
>>91682208
Justin said he's pan.
>>
>>91675301
>back to blah blah blah
Those walls of text. I can make snarky walls of text that ammount to nothing too. Here you go:

"Hating on what amounts to little more than a cartoon in that dismissive, superior, jaded tone reeks of purported superiority. It's just a pretentious way of pretending to be more clued-in on things. The kind of people who do this are even worse off in their position than those who allegedly think that Rick and Morty is "deep" for a show. It is the desperate death knell of the opportunistic indolent parasite."
>>
>>91674852
>LICK MY BALLS, MORTY. LICK MY BALLS.
Yeah deep.
>>
>>91678983
>its deep compared to Family Guy

Yeah sure but that's like saying a place is wetter than a desert or drier than the ocean, while a factual statement it basically means nothing, you just said it was deeper and more intelligent than something that completely lacks intelligence and depth
>>
>>91674852

>its another butthurt thread by pseudo intellectual hypocrites, just like all the other butthurt rick and morty threads
>>
>>91680917
Am into pegging, can confirm
>>
One thing I don't like about it is the art style which is very jarring. It looks like it was spent a very long time detailing everything in Microsoft Paint. Otherwise it is not a bad show, feels very refreshing.
>>
>>91675571
Yeah, we need another Rick gets shit on episode. Like the one where he fucks up his girlfriend's life and she goes to live with the borg.
>>
>>91682459
>that giraffe webm
I don't blame him.
>>
>>91674852
one butthurt faggot describes it as reddit the show so the rest /co/ fall for it
>>
>>91687601
Hey, I was calling the Reddit show way before it started popping up on /co/
>>
>>91674918
>>too intelligent to not find rick and morty deep
FTFY
>>
>>91680917
What alternatives do you propose?
>>
>>91674852
>When this show first aired, /co/ couldn't stop felating it. Suddenly /co/ hates what is popular.
What a surprise.
>>
>>91679608
That and threads about wanting to fuck summer
>>
>>91688148
Probably because you were in reddit, fagotron
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.