[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kong Kenan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_oah9vkTRu41qhusrfo1_1280.png (659KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oah9vkTRu41qhusrfo1_1280.png
659KB, 800x1132px
Kong is the post-Convergence version of Kon-El, isn't he?
>>
According to Tomasi, he's technically THE Superman of Earth 0 now because he has Superbro's powers.
>>
>>91649525
This. Pretty sure he's technically a Superman despite his age.
>>
>>91649525
But I mean... he's Kon's counterpart, more or less.
I've been reading his book and the tone is SPOT ON for the early 90's Superboy stuff.

Plus, you know... KONg. Why else would you name him that?
>>
If so, him and Kon are about to be merged.
>>
I think Kon-El is in limbo as a character for now. We have a new Superboy that people want to read about.
>>
>>91649416
Is he staring at smog?
>>
>>91649671
Kon hasn't been worth reading about for a long time, so....

FUN FACT:Early versions of Kong Kenan's DC character model sheet had a fade cut, just like Kon-El's first look.
>>
I can't be the only person who wants a Batman of China book, right? It might even sell ok because it has the word Batman in it.
>>
File: tumblr_o80nj7gIPh1qaqv7ao1_500.jpg (85KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o80nj7gIPh1qaqv7ao1_500.jpg
85KB, 500x647px
>>91649759
>Early versions of Kong Kenan's DC character model sheet had a fade cut
Picture related.
>>
>>91649619
>Plus, you know... KONg. Why else would you name him that?
I don't have the article on hand but I believe they named him specifically to have some special meaning in Mandarin. Also alliteration.
>>
>>91649416
He's a more interesting version. Kon hadn't been good in years, ever since he got reduced to clone angst about being half Lex. Kenan in contrast has a supporting cast, rogues gallery, and an interesting premise. His personality and background help separate him from the rest of the family.
>>
>>91650260
>Kon hadn't been good in years, ever since he got reduced to clone angst about being half Lex.
Johns forcing his fanfic headcanon into actual canon really did a number on Kon.
>>
>>91649911
I like Baixi. Shame he wasn't around for Batman INC. but I like his backstory and China's whole Batman training academy concept.
>>
>>91649525
Not anymore though.
>>
>>91649416
I want him to bully Tim
>>
>>91650385
I haven't read the latest issue. Did something change?
>>
Are there any Great Ten fans out there who are upset that they're being phased out?
>>
>>91650449
As of Superman Reborn, both Supermen & Lois' merged into one and reality was rewritten so that there were only ever one Superman & Lois (Perry is now Jon's godfather for example). What that means for Kenan, I'm not sure.
>>
File: tumblr_o5uiwnFI0P1rrgaxgo1_1280.jpg (227KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5uiwnFI0P1rrgaxgo1_1280.jpg
227KB, 1280x848px
>>91650554
>What that means for Kenan, I'm not sure.
Given that Kenan got his powers from a dying Superman that no longer existed... um. Good question.

AND NOW YOU KNOW WHY THE CURRENT ARC IS ABOUT HOW HIS POWERS DERIVE FROM THE TRIGRAMS!
>>
>>91650554
>What that means for Kenan, I'm not sure.
Looks like he's going to experience his first retcon.
>>
>>91650670
Except this was a thing they were getting into before Superman Reborn. Also, Kenan's powers didn't come from 52 Sups dying. I'm pretty sure they just put him in a machine that used nu52 Sups supernova energy.
>>
>>91651168
Which just makes me wonder if Reborn Superman can still Super Flare
>>
>>91651256
I would think so. But isn't he like twice as strong as he was before so he probably won't need it as much now.
>>
>>91650831
And only 10 issues into his own book
>>
>You are now aware that there is no Rule 34 of Kong Kenan yet.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.