[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this so perfect /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_8727.jpg (142KB, 640x972px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8727.jpg
142KB, 640x972px
What was the secret formula? Consistent characterization? A structured story? Interesting characters?
>>
>>91639115
No one bothered reading the stuff after Siege and seeing how Fraction turned to shit.
>>
>>91639192
I liked everything, up until the end. Even the Fear Itself Tie-Ins were good.
>>
Wish they would finish the omnibuses for this series. Most of the TPBs and HCs are out of print.
>>
File: 1485354806478.jpg (93KB, 663x639px) Image search: [Google]
1485354806478.jpg
93KB, 663x639px
>>91639115

>Fraction's Iron Man
>good
>>
I thoroughly enjoyed this series, even if Larroca's art is basically ripped from the film at times. I guess I just like how it played with the core elements of Iron Man and his continuity/mythos without feeling like it was retreading anything.
>>
>>91639115

I don't understand what you mean.

Did you actually LIKE Fraction's abysmal run?
>>
File: Kowtow.jpg (246KB, 800x751px) Image search: [Google]
Kowtow.jpg
246KB, 800x751px
>>
File: Kneel.jpg (245KB, 800x753px) Image search: [Google]
Kneel.jpg
245KB, 800x753px
>>
File: Kiss.jpg (234KB, 800x741px) Image search: [Google]
Kiss.jpg
234KB, 800x741px
And the clincher...
>>
>>91639115
>Fraction
>perfect
from the very start of his run, it was retardedly stupid.

trying to claim anything Fraction did with Iron Man was good, let alone "PERFECT" is a show of idiocy.

storytime his entire run, I dare you.
>>
>anything marvel made
>good
lmao
>>
File: director of shielf.jpg (499KB, 1206x1856px) Image search: [Google]
director of shielf.jpg
499KB, 1206x1856px
Superior run coming through

>Better Tony
>Better Mandarin
>Better artist
>Better action
>Actually deals with Civil War and the shit Tony's pulled doesn't just hide it under the rug with a retarded mindwipe storyline.
>>
>>91641077
Director of SHIELD was a great run and there hasn't been a run since that has come close to how good that was.
>>
>>91639115
I liked Fraction's run, but it's nowhere near perfect,and downright bad at times
>>
>>91639115

I enjoyed it but the forced mindwipe arc was convoluted just to absolve Tony of his role in Civil War. But I did like the final issue where a mentally retarded Tony faced off against Osborne in his first suit.
>>
>>91641017
>from the very start of his run, it was retardedly stupid.

...I HATE Fraction's run, but the very first arc was good.

>>91641077

And, interestingly, the first arc was shite.

>>91641567
>convoluted

Noooo shit.

> I have a database in my head
> I can't encrypt it
> I can't alter it
> I can't selectively delete it
> Osborn knows I have a database in my head
> He also has the means to access it
> I guess I'll have to delete my entire brain
> I can't do it in one go

Fucking ridiculous. Too bad, because the story per se was not.
>>
>>91640561

No, come on. Fraction has squatted out some real stinkers over the years, but when he's on his game his stuff is really good. I think that his Invincible Iron Man run is one of those moments where, like with Hawkeye, he knocked it out of the park. I'm not defending his overall body of work since he can be very inconsistent, but I will defend this specific run as one of the better Iron Man ones I've read.
>>
>>91642085

Astonishing. I am an almost-life-long Iron Fan and I hated his run with the passion of a thousand exploding arc generators.

The pacing. The drawing out of nothing. The pretending it all happened in a sort of mini-Fractionverse where the Avengers didn't exist. The endless agonizing. Tony being an ineffectual little tit. Endless plot points going fucking nowhere. The mischaracterization. The dialog, dear god.

It was sheer torture. Four and a half years of torture.

Fraction gave Iron Man two good things: Ezekiel Stane and the Bleeding Edge armor. And he also ruined both of them, while shitting on almost every aspect of the franchise he didn't invent as well.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.