[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a cartoon purely based on the old Sonic games work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: CollinsMania.gif (769KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
CollinsMania.gif
769KB, 680x383px
Would a cartoon purely based on the old Sonic games work?
>>
>>91609866
Depends on the execution.

But yes, it could work.
>>
File: sdctruefear.png (252KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
sdctruefear.png
252KB, 599x600px
>>
>>91609866
Only if he gets a new sidekick called pebbles the cat.
>>
>>91609866
Tap into the autismo nostalgia goggles part of the fanbase and rake in money
>>
What kind of show would it be?

Would it be the kind that's just fun?
>AoSTH, Sonic Boom.

Or the kind that takes itself too seriously?
>Sonic SatAM, Sonic X.
>>
>>91609956
What am I looking at? What is even happening in this picture?
>>
>>91609866
Depends on what you mean by "purely". Also depends what sort of cartoon you want. Sonic's abilities are dynamic and look great animated, and the areas he navigates are usually visually impressive and creative enough that you could really put him to work.

You can't really tell a story or make a real multi-episode series "purely" out of the classic Sonic games. There's just nothing to tell that the games didn't, he chases Eggman through pretty much all of them. You could do some visually impressive shorts, but it would all be action, running, and scenery. Anything else and you either aren't capitalizing on the content or you're deviating too much. There's a lot of room to let the characters express themselves, like that gif, but you certainly wouldn't be getting a lot of dialogue.

I'd be thinking 15-20 minute shorts per game, maybe less, depends on how much time you want to spend in each zone.
>>
>>91610103
Sonic Dreams Collection
>>
>>91610103
The player was looking into Sonic's eyes which then proceeded to merge into one pupil that grew and grew until it became what you see.
>>
>>91609866
Do you mean "If we threw enough money to make a cartoon series have the quality a tiny short has would it be good?"
>>
>>91610283
>a tiny short
Wait, there's more of this? Source? Link?
>>
>>91610336
Max Collins took it off his tumblr account but it's rumored Sonic Mania will have animated scenes like Sonic CD.
>>
>>91610408
Huh. Interesting. No way I can see it now?
>>
>>91610445
No. The game isn't out yet.
>>
>>91609866
>Looks at AOSTH
Yes.
>>
File: tumblr_o9wihtKHxY1v7m09qo1_500.jpg (212KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9wihtKHxY1v7m09qo1_500.jpg
212KB, 488x750px
>>91609866
if the comic worked, then yes
>>
File: 1478110707372.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1478110707372.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>91610596
The comic is great but if anything, a series based just on old material would probably be a mini-series. No way you can stretch something simple without wandering into stupid-ville. (i.e, the Archie Sonic series)
>>
>>91610779
The longer the series, the more supplementary cast and events you need to keep things interesting. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy alone would run out of material pretty quick. Archie isn't bad for recognizing that fact. But the pacing is not the greatest.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.