[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NETFLIX MCU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 5

File: marvel-netflix-192607.jpg (179KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-netflix-192607.jpg
179KB, 655x380px
What went wrong anons?

Personally I hate every single "LOL REFERENCE TO OTHER NETFLIX SHOW LMAO!!", if they can show it, fucking show it, stop talking about Karen Page and how she likes this story, fucking show us Karen Page reading the story and smiling, I want to see Matt Murdock or Foggy drinking a coffee in the background, I want to see Daredevil on top of a rooftop in covered by shadows watching Danny dispatches the hand while making it as subtle as possible

I just want my netflix to actually exist in the same universe and shows it
>>
>>91596387

Funny how in the first teaser for Defenders you dind't saw Jessica Jones name and her name wasn't mentioned in Iron Fist either when Nurse was talking about working with people with ''skills''.

Is like they know that the show was bad and metioning her being part of Defenders is going to damage Defenders.

I know that in those preview pics you can see her but I'm talking about name drops in the shows and teasers which is what normies actually pay attention to, nothing about JJ is mentioned
>>
>>91596387
>What went wrong anons?

Perlmutter kept pushing for and made garbage material. Then based Feige stepped up and kept that shit out of the film universe he established and put Ike in his place. So now Ike just has his own little cesspool-universe where his cancer content can be thrown into.
>>
>>91596515
yeah I wondered about this too, I didnt think they were a direct reference to the MCU starting form Luke Cage, no? only one I can remember was the Hulk and it was still vague as "green guy"
>>
>>91596474
JJ was the best thing to come out of the netflix marvel. And they do mention her in Iron Fist. But like all references they are never by name.

What went wrong was Iron Fist was clearly rushed so they could jump right into defenders. Even Luke Cage was good until Cottonmouth died. Only thing supperior to these shows is Legion
>>
>>91596617
Dude legion was crazy, i loved it.
>>
thirteen episodes is too much
ten would be better
at least defenders is eight; expecting a tighter plot this time
>>
So they're not going to mention Spiderman at all right? If it was really a shared universe then that would make the most sense cause he should also be a known "street level" hero in New York at the time of the Defenders. Not like anyone expected him to be in the show, but at least acknowledging his existence would be nice.
>>
DD S1>LC>JJ>DD S2>>>>>>>>>IF
>>
>>91596838
desu Holland is so fucking cheap and young that he probably doesnt care about money at this point and would want to appear anywhere because HE IS spiderman
>>
>>91596617
>JJ was the best thing to come out of the netflix marvel.
it was literally the worst show

>terrible action scenes
>terrible boring lead
>does nothing with the private eye setting
>doesn't fly
>badly written ptsd sub plot
>whole thing is aimless, the show doesn't know what it wants to be or do
>Jessica can't kill Purple Man because somebody really far away might kill him or herself if PM dies.
>gets killed anyway.
>>
>>91596881
the netflix shows are even less canon than Agents of Not Canon
>>
>>91596568
There was that woman who bitched to Jessica about how the Avengers didn't save her family during the invasion. That was a pretty explicit reference.
>>
>>91596838
The shows are still technically happening within a time period that's closer to the events of The Avengers, I think, that's why a lot of stuff hasn't been mentioned. Spidey only gets active a year or so before CW, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>91596896
>>terrible action scenes
Give you that. Was no kung fu. But it still managed to feel like she hit harder than iron fist
>>terrible boring lead
Almost every critic says otherwise
>>does nothing with the private eye setting
Could have done more. But being grounded it was a lot more true to PIs
>>doesn't fly
Read the comic, she doesn't
>>badly written ptsd sub plot
>sub plot
It wasn't sub. The entire show was about addiction and ptsd. It's the entire reason why it has such a high rating on RT and IMDB
>>whole thing is aimless, the show doesn't know what it wants to be or do
The immursion benefits from that, you feel like everything is falling apart just like she does. Though i do agree that it would benefit from 2-3 episodes less just like all the rest
>>Jessica can't kill Purple Man because somebody really far away might kill him or herself if PM dies.
>>gets killed anyway
Breaking point. When we see her next i hope she is even more broken after blaming herself for all the bad decisions in season 1
>>
>13 episodes is too much for a season, there's a lot of filler shit in the shows
>too obsessed with being "grounded" and "gritty"...we get it, you're very mature and can't wear superhero costumes
>bad fight choreography/action outside Daredevil S1, it's fucking embarrassing that Iron Fist has such poor fights
>"the incident" "the green guy" "the flag waver" fuck off with that shit already, just call them by their names
They need to bring back Goddard and Steven S. Deknight, they're the only ones that managed to do a good show.
>>
>>91597091
>Almost every critic says otherwise

wew
>>91597091
>It wasn't sub. The entire show was about addiction and ptsd.
then it goes to show how shit the writting was since one could not buy into her PTSD thing since the show was too busy making her into a witty girl that always gets drunkLMAOGURLS

>>91597091
>>>whole thing is aimless, the show doesn't know what it wants to be or do
>The immursion benefits

le ''it was badly written on purpose'' meme, fuck off.
>>
>>91597261
>c-critic's a-are shills!
kek
>>
>>91596933
It's hard to say exactly. Daredevil happens some time after Avengers. Jessica Jones maybe sometime shortly after that, but there could have been a long gap to DD S2, and maybe longer until Cage and IF.
So it could in theory be around the same time as the movies, or it could be less than a year from the Avengers.
>>
>>91596474
Claire doesn't know Jessica that well compared to Matt and Luke. Claire asked to help Luke after Jessica tried to smuggle him out of the hospital and they don't interact anymore past that.

sounds like you're just trying to make it sound like JJ is unpopular, when most people say it's among their favorites.
>>
>>91597261
93% RT score, yes everyone says otherwise.

What you call direcionless was a cst and mouse game that when she caught him she didn't know what to do to fix everything before. Just turned out she couldn't
>>
>>91597091
>Give you that. Was no kung fu.
Because neither she nor Cage is supposed to be more than a brawler (unlike Matt and Danny); so you get a very strong person with zero finesse literally throwing people around.
>>
>>91596387
>I have literally zero comprehension of the way a television production works
Autism: the post.
>>
>>91596881
Maybe he would be no way the studios would. Especially because they require cooperation between Sony, Marvel films, and Marvel Netflix.
I'd love to see Spiderman and Daredevil teamup but it's never going to happen
>>
>>91596474
Ward mention JJ once I think
>>
>>91597626
Yeah she was his PI
>>
>>91596387
That's even worse than random references. It's like a hyped up ADD kid randomly throwing shit at the screen. Not everything needs to be a constant reminder of the other shit. Let each series stand on its own dammit.
>>
>>91597386
>93% RT score

HAHAHAHA that doesn't mean shit, Iron Fist is a better show and got worse reviews because the lead was white, not because the show itself

Of course JJ is going to get better reviews, they would be called sexist otherwise.

Jesisca Jones was sucha mediocre show that among all the cape shows ever, its the only one that has to wait like 4 years in order to get a second season being made.

>W-well, they are waiting for Defenders so-

Bullshit! Again, Daredevil already got a second season and they are even working on Punisher right now, which is going to be released befero JJ's season 2 at this rate.

Had the show being actually GOOD and succesful,we would be talking about season 3 at this point
>>
>>91597763
>Iron Fist is a better show and got worse reviews because the lead was white, not because the show itself
I'm sure the shittily choreographed fight scenes and unlikeable manchild protagonist had nothing to do with it
>>
>>91597711
>Yeah she was his PI
>>91597626

yeah but in a later more significant scene, Night Nurse is talking about how she has worked with people with super powers and she didn't even mentioned JJ at all

And don't say that it was because it was a short thing, these shows are not below making forced references to other Marvel shows and movies

It would be like saying ''..and then I met Captain America,Vision, Black Widow! All the main Avengers!''
>>
>>91597821
>I'm sure the shittily choreographed fight scenes

Jessica Jones had them too and way worse and somehow its getting a almost perfect score.
>>
>>91596843
This is 100% accurate.
>>
>>91597763
Iron fist was shit. I still enjoyed it but objectively it sucked. And yes a lot of the critics hated on it for the wrong reasons. still doesn't mean they were wrong in saying it's a poorly made show, hell they didn't even put any music in the first two episodes! It was terrible.

JJ was vastly better
>>
>>91597878
I didn't care for LC. The second half was nauseating, worse than DD S2.
Super villain who is the boss of crime or something has a bullet that can kill Cage, and also turns out to be his brotha. But then turns out to actually be his brother, and I'm pretty sure actually yells "I am your brother!". And hates him for reasons. So the nurse spends like 3 episodes to figure out how to save him with the skills of a surgeon. And then the bad guy gets a super suit that makes him Cage's equal, and they have some inconsistent half assed brawl. And Cage wins because of a boxing flashback or something.
>>
>>91596617
AoS is better than all the netflix shows combined
>>
>>91597849
Jessica Jones was a gritty noir, not a kung fu fantasy. There's maybe 2 major fights, Jessica v Luke and Jessica v gangsters.
>>
>>91598380
Wow, i love AoS and think its the best of the network shows besides Legion but lets not jump to wrong conclusions. It's better than Iron fist definately but it's not as good as any of the others. And i just dont understand the whole blacksploitation Luke Cage goes for.
>>
>>91596387
>I want to see Daredevil on top of a rooftop in covered by shadows watching Danny dispatches the hand while making it as subtle as possible

why the fuck wouldn't Daredevil help him out then?
>>
>>91596474
This shit got annoying, nobody ever mentions the other by name, just WINK WINK references like AN ALCOHOLIC DETECTIVE HM I WONDER WHO IT IS HERE'S A SHIRT WITH BULLET HOLES GET IT
>>
>>91597822

You call it forced, but personally I think, having the other characters show up randomly in background scenes would be even more forced. Karen Page is becoming one of the Bulletin's best reporters, so it makes sense that Danny would have a good chance of reading something she wrote. Also given what we know about Karen, Danny's decision is the kind of news she'd be likely to take interest in.

Having Danny walk by a restaurant with Foggy eating in the background is just a completely random 1 in a million chance that has nothing to do with either character.
>>
>>91596568

they mentioned Captain America and Justin Hammer in Luke Cage, and in Iron Fist the mental hospital guys talked about how so many people now think they have superpowers since the "incident." I don't know what other incident they could be referring to aside from the alien invasion thing.
>>
>>91597763
Netflix' releasd schedule is a lot like mcu phase 1 right now

Iron man - daredevil 1
Hulk - jessica jones
Iron man 2 - daredevil 2
Thor - luke cage
Captain America - iron fist
The avengers - the defenders
>>
>>91596387
Both Daredevil seasons are excellent.

Luke Cage and Iron Fist both feel rushed in places, but they're actually pretty good. Certainly better than any of the CW superhero stuff.

Jessica Jones is the worst, but it's still okay.
>>
>>91599056
I like that subplot of evil scientists doing experiments and Luke's gf being involved in it along with Kilgrave and Jessica. Better than shitty ninjas that's for sure
>>
>>91596387
>I WANT MORE FORCED CROSSOVERS AND REFERENCES
you're cancer
>>
>>91599460
>Jessica Jones is the best
Ftfy
>>
>>91596387
Its just fucking boring
>>
Spider-man Homecoming mentions Daredevil...
>>
>>91598384
there are way more fights than that you idiot
>>
File: RottenTomatoes.png (2MB, 2216x1462px) Image search: [Google]
RottenTomatoes.png
2MB, 2216x1462px
>>91597386
>Rotten Tomatoes
>>
It's hilarious people are honestly trying to somehow say iron fist was better than jessica jones. Iron fist was such a massive fucking disappointment.
>>
>>91596387
the only one of them i'm not happy with is iron fist, because how can you fuck up fightscenes in a show about the greatest martial artist on earth
>>
>>91599631
Space balls and fear and loathing is a crime to be rated thst low.
>>
>>91598607
DD sucks
>>
>>91599810
>>
>>91599460

I'd say Iron Fist is at least as bad as Jessica Jones. So many things in that show that the writers just seemed to forget about.
>>
>>91599726

yeah I feel like Daredevil would easily kick Iron Fists's ass,like it wouldn't even be close.
>>
>>91596843
Terrible. Kill yourself.
>>
File: vision.png (224KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
vision.png
224KB, 450x500px
>>91599631
>Die Hard 3 at 51%
>Die Hard 2 at 69%
>>
Claire not even trying to contact Matt in Iron Fist was dumb. He's got the most experience against the Hand and yet all she does is make a brief reference to him.
>>
>>91598384
>Jessica Jones was a gritty noir

They also failed, they watered down all the adult themes, they barely mentioned the word RAPE and Purple Man barely did anything interesting with his powers either, it seemed pretty standard ''he kills people!!'' stuff.

And jesus fuck that shit failed as noir too, the show barely had any detective like elements, specially I never got the impression that Jessica was meant to be smart on any way.

Besides she could have defeated PM all this time just by using fucking headphones while playing some Slayer, retarded as fuck and PM even had enhanced powers at that moment!

Even a fucking child could have defeated PM, just wear headphones and break his neck/use a gun.

And don't get me started on the ''he was captured like 3 times and scape increassingly retarded ways'' thing
>>
>>91599631
jesus fuck, Fear and Loading is way worse than Guardians of the Galaxy apparently
>>
>>91599635
>It's hilarious people are honestly trying to somehow say iron fist was better than jessica jones

If JJ its so good how come that Season 2 is not months old by this point?

Even Agents of Not Canon and Agent Carter got second seasons right away and those are shit
>>
>>91600868
I agree with this, the fact that she didn't at least call him up and say "Hey, I know you're going through some stuff, but shit's fucked", was weird after the hospital thing.
>>91601020
>I never got the impression that Jessica was meant to be smart on any way.
or me, the high point of stupidity was when Hogarth let PM out of his cell and everything that followed in the Thousand Cuts episode.

JJ was the only one I've had to somewhat force myself to get through as I got less and less interested as it went on, while the rest were mostly enjoyable with a few weak bits here and there (Joy in IF, some post-Cottonmouth in LC).
>>
Hasn't it been confirmed that the Netflix shows are a separate world from the MCU?
>>
>>91601112
Cause they are juggling 4 shows and now a 5th with punisher. Netflix is making tons of money but they also know that variety is their main goal. They don't want too many MCU shows, and want to pace them out. JJ is getting a second season before LC or IF. If they even get a second season cause they shouldn't
>>
>>91601280
>Hasn't it been confirmed that the Netflix shows are a separate world from the MCU?
The Netfix shows are not allowed to affect the MCU. On the other hand, anything that happens to the MCU will occur in the Netfix shows. It is a one-way relationship. Basically the Netfix producers have no say in the direction of the MCU and just had to work around it.

I mean, the Agents of Shield people were shocked when they were told that Shield broke up in Winter Soldier. They are lower tier and get informed last.
>>
>>91599631
Only God Forgives sucks balls though.
>>
All but DD S1 have major flaws.
JJ ultimately has a weak villain, while Tennant easily carries the show performance wise he just is not a villain that can carry an entire season since his powers basically break down too: can you resist him? you win! can you not resist him? you lose! So they just end up padding it with so much filler it got boring.
LC has a great 1st half and Cottonmouth is great, then he dies and the show falls off a cliff with the netflix mcu's worst villain Diamondback.
DDS2 has an amazing 1st half with The Punisher, then just like LC nosedives when he takes a backseat to the snorefest that is the Hand and Elektra.
IF was just extremely boring the 1st half then had the humongous task of making the previously mentioned snorefest villains of the Hand into the main villains and it just became a chore to watch. Was also obviously rushed and Finn Jones didn't have a snowballs chance and was unjustly crucified by liberals for it.
>>
>>91599631

In the mouth of madness and especially Prince of darkness are so comfy
>>
>>91598607
DD S1 > Agents of Shield S2-4 > DD S2 = Iron Fist > Jessica Jones > Agents of Shield S1 > Luke Cage
>>
>>91598380
Go to sleep Whedon.
>>
>>91601527
DD S1 has two big fucking flaws.

Karen and Ben Urich. Fucking, they fucked Ben over for cheap ass shock value. If you are a fan of the comics you can't help but feel gaping wound Ben left ever since then.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1492377168950.jpg (11KB, 689x475px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1492377168950.jpg
11KB, 689x475px
Mods can I say something?

Those um threads, those threads…the ones I baited and shitposted in, I want you to know I’d do it again. This board a circus, alright, it’s a charade, it’s an act, its bullshit how many of my threads get deleted. I’m not trolling, I’m not trolling, ok? I know what I did, I know who I am, and I do not need your ban. I’m not trolling. I’m smack dab in the middle of my right goddamn mind, and any poster, any janitor, or any mod piece of shit that deletes my thread for shitposting, I did it because I liked it, HELL I LOVED IT! I’m just itching, I’m- I’m-I’m itching to do it again and you think you can ban me? You think some mod can stop me from doing what I wanna do? WELL THAT AIN’T HAPPENING, NOT ON MY WATCH! You posters call me a redditor? Is that right? The big bad redditor. HERE I AM! YOU WANT IT? I AM THE REDDITOR! I’M RIGHT HERE! IF YOU WANT IT I’LL GIVE IT TO YOU! ANY MOD THAT CAME HERE TO HEAR ME WHINE, TO HEAR ME BEG, WELL YOU CAN KISS MY ASS! YOU HEAR ME? I’M GUILTY, MY PLEAD MOD, I’M GUILTY! YOU HEAR ME? I’M GUILTY! I’LL SHIT POST IN EVERY THREAD, I’LL SHIT POST IN EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!
>>
>>91601685
Why wasn't Frank approved as cockoo after this tantrum?

He literally covered all signs pointed out by good doctor.
>>
>>91597372
The Netflix shows have been confirmed by the creators to take place when they were filmed, while the movies and Agents of SHIELD more-or-less take place when they're released (I say more-or-less because there's certain caveats stated by the creatives and explanations in-universe--ie, GOTG2 takes places 2-4 months after GOTG1 according to James Gunn, Ant-Man takes place in October of the year it was released instead of July when it came out, etc). I'm having trouble finding the source for all of this but it adds up. Here's a helpful guide to the viewing order if you're so inclined: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xfe--9Wshbb3ru0JplA2PnEwN7mVawazKmhWJjr_wKs/edit#gid=0
>>
>>91596387
>I want to see Matt Murdock or Foggy drinking a coffee in the background, I want to see Daredevil on top of a rooftop in covered by shadows watching Danny dispatches the hand while making it as subtle as possible
That's not gonna be a massive forced coincidence, no
And you do realize actors/actresses have other projects. Jeremy Renner was apparently gonna be in Winter Soldier, but couldn't due to other obligations.
>>
>>91601375
>Cause they are juggling 4 shows

Daredevil got a second season regardless
>>
>>91601861
It can work in Netflix shows, though. Like, why couldn't Claire tell to Danny "You know what, I have a friend in Hell's Kitchen who has been dealing with this ninja shit, he has some skillz, let me call him up" and have Charlie Cox at least guest star?

Charlie is all down for it, Daredevil literally revitalized his career, before Daredevil people have been asking him why he gave up on acting after Stardust.
>>
>>91597509
>I'd love to see Spiderman and Daredevil teamup but it's never going to happen

And it's a good thing to do. Homecoming Spiderman is a nerdy little kid. Are they gonna team up to get a lot of tickets at Chuck E. Cheese? No thanks.
>>
>>91601861
>That's not gonna be a massive forced coincidence
It doesn't help that only DD and JJ happen near each other/in the same city. LC is in Harlem and IF is in...New York City? I don't recall for sure, but I know it's not Hell's Kitchen. They're all technically far enough away to never really meet, but close/connected enough that the meeting in The Defenders will make sense.
>>91601973
However, this also makes sense, especially as she all but namedrops him a few times and he's the only other dude who's dealt with the Hand so far. A cameo/one-off would have been nice, though I understand them wanting to save that for Defenders..
>>
>>91601685
Frank season 0.5 is the best netflix show
>>
I can't help it, as dumb as Luke Cage was, especially in the second half, I had a blast with it. I look back on it more fondly than DD S1.
>>
>>91599631
>it's a RT post

Alright, ignoring the fact I don't go to RT, are you honestly telling me after all these years people still believe the rating corresponds to a score out of 10? Furious 7 having an 82% doesn't mean critics accumulated a score of 8.2/10, but that 82% of reviews ultimately recommend seeing the movie, while giving it an average score of 6.7/10 (which is a fairly accurate rating).

Furthermore, pre-2000s movies (and even some early 2000s) will never have accurate critical ratings compared to recent movies. Most legitimate reviews for those movies were published in newspapers, and hack review websites aren't going to take the time and research to document those scores when they can just take a bunch of clickbait online "in retrospective" reviews instead. Die Hard 3 was well-received when it came out. Basic Instinct was nominated for a shit ton of awards, but a critic who never even reviewed it when it was first released might publish an article talking about how it was all hype, and that's the one that gets counted for the RT score. You can't tell me Prince of Darkness having 23 reviews can be accurately compared with Iron Man 2 having 280. Now I'm a big fan of Life Aquatic and In the Mouth of Madness, but guess what? Opinions change over time. Bonnie & Clyde and It's a Wonderful Life were trashed upon release, but are now regarded as masterpieces. The Thing had terrible reviews, but is now called one of the best horror movies ever made. Life Aquatic's on the Criterion Collection now, and people usually bring up ITMoM as Carpenter's last masterpiece.

Lastly, if you honestly find fault with the fact that polarizing movies like Only God Forgives and To The Wonder have mixed reception, while thinking Boyhood and Selma (which I didn't even think was that great) getting good reviews is proof of how shitty RT is, then you need to got back to the cuck threads on /tv/.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.