[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Contrasting Views

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 34

File: Contrasting Views.jpg (600KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Contrasting Views.jpg
600KB, 1920x800px
Humanity's conflicting views of Superman. The 'angel' and 'monument' they need him to be and the alien monster that can 'burn the whole place down', the 'demon' Luthor sees him as. Both of them contrasted with the actual man dwarfed by the perceptions of him.
>>
.....so?
>>
I wonder what supes thinks of himself.
>>
that's pretty deep, anon
>>
>>91588822
Profound, but meaningless
>>
File: grant.jpg (430KB, 732x1025px) Image search: [Google]
grant.jpg
430KB, 732x1025px
>>91588840
>this is the first post
yikes
More reaching-y observations have been made about Morrison comics and eaten up by /co/ than OP's post.

/co/ has an irrational hatred of these movies.
>>
>>91588861
a farmer's boy from kansas just trying to do the right thing, i like to think
>>
Pseudointellectual.
>>
>>91591276
intellectual>pseudo intellectual>anti-intellectual(you are here)
>>
>>91590685
>comics
key word in your post
>>
>>91591314
?
/co/ mods have said that capeshit movies are on topic.
>>
File: 1df.jpg (268KB, 596x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1df.jpg
268KB, 596x1055px
>>91591300
genius>intellectual>average joe>dim bulb>retard>vegetable>people who use the word 'kino' unironically(you are here)
>>
>>91591343
>people who use the word 'kino' unironically(you are here)
I don't though.
/co/ needs to stop trying to pigeonhole people.
You can like the DCEU without being from /tv/.
I can, and I do.
>>
File: 1492291114465.jpg (86KB, 718x959px) Image search: [Google]
1492291114465.jpg
86KB, 718x959px
May Lord Snyder forgive the haters for they do not know what they're doing.
>>
>>91591320
but they're not.
>>
pretty good observation

still a shit movie
>>
File: zack the hack.jpg (13KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
zack the hack.jpg
13KB, 214x317px
>>91591354
if you think BvS has anything in its story deeper than a child smashing his action figures against each other while making 'pew pew' noises you're a kinofag even if you don't think you are.

6.5/10 best Zack Snyder film I've ever seen
>>
>>91591384
It's an exceptional movie, especially considering the state of the genre. They went out of their ways to infuse mythology, politics, ideology and trauma into something that could've been the safest $250 million movie of the decade. They didn't take that route and for that even the critics should give them praise.
>>
>>91588822
What "actual man"? Superman has like, 0 fucking characterization beyond "I'm da gud guy" in either of the films.
>>
>>91591354
>You can like the DCEU without being from /tv/.
this is true not even /tv/ is that retarded

>>>/tv/81686716

you truly are the only one dumb enough to like this shit
>>
>>91591424
He has ton of characterization. Maybe too subtle for you to realize? While true there are no scenes with Clark looking into the camera and telling us his feelings, we as humans with empathy can tell what's really going behind that shining S.
>>
>>91591425
>linking to a thread you're shitposting desperately in
Snyder must've buttfucked your mother I presume.
>>
>>91591418
no dude it's like the star wars prequels

lucas put a fuck ton of effort into references and "poetry" and visuals (both in terms of fidelity and in terms of metaphorical imagery) but he left out the most important part: the narrative itself

if the narrative is shit, well I will be kind and say confused or muddled or poorly thought out instead, then it doesn't matter how much effort you put into the mythology and the politics and the ideology and so on

if a movie isn't fun to watch, and by fun I don't mean flippant like MCU, I mean enjoyable, exhilarating, immersive, then it has failed in its purpose as a movie

I absolutely commend snyder for aiming higher than the majority of his peers, but that makes his failure to hit the mark all the more egregious don't you think? the reaction BvS elicited was absolutely expected
>>
>>91591462
Non-existent and shoehorned Jesus complex do not subtle characterization make.
>>
>>91591499
>but he left out the most important part: the narrative itself
No?
The overall narrative of the PT is easy to understand.
>>
>>91591499
All BvS did was prove its own point of how critics react when confronted with something greater than they can comprehend. That is the ultimate irony of BvS, how the film reflects its own reception by the media.

Note that I'm saying media and not the general population as a film that does almost $900 million at the box office and then goes on to make a killing at blu-ray sales can not be considered rejected by the masses. It's time we drop that narrative.
>>
>>91591537
>Note that I'm saying media and not the general population as a film that does almost $900 million at the box office and then goes on to make a killing at blu-ray sales can not be considered rejected by the masses. It's time we drop that narrative.
bingo
>>
>>91591514
>quiplord has more lines than a troubled god-like icon that has to contemplate the meaning of his existence to mankind
No shit. The film also paints Superman as more than just a Christian deity but for some reason it's Jesus the haters get hung up on. Why is that?
>>
>>91588822
Those are some excellent mental gymnastics.
>>
File: MoS.jpg (802KB, 2362x7874px) Image search: [Google]
MoS.jpg
802KB, 2362x7874px
>>91591514
You now realize that only in BvS does Supes about half the lines of and average Supes movie and it's because- wait for it!
He shares the lead with BATMAN.
>>
>>91591557
How is looking at a frame and then deciphering its content mental gymnastics? He is right. He is facing his own demon and his own angel. Or is anything requiring the least bit of thinking suddenly considered "mental gymnastics"?
>>
File: original.gif (1MB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
1MB, 600x444px
>>
>>91591557
mental gymnastics=/=obvious imagery
It's not even trying to be subtle.
Doomsday literally looks from Supes to the statue (or vice versa).
>>
>>
>>91588822
You belong on /tv/ with that kinolysis
>>
>>91591605
>is not even close

>grows spikes when hit, is from Krypton
idk mate, is industructable
>>
>>91591605
>Doomsday is a big mutant retard who kills Superman
>Doomsday is a big mutant retard who kills Superman

Damn really makes me ponder the differences
>>
>>91591537
The film cost $250 million to make, upping to $420 if we include marketing. Of the gross only 50% will go the company as the theaters themselves gotta take their cut. So congrats, it made 450 bucks while spending 420, amazing 7% profit.

Even if we go at the most generous interpretation it still just made 3.5x its budget in profit, literally every Purge movie has made 10x that.
>>91591550
A character who 30 minutes shouldn't have more lines then one of the protagonists of a 3 hour + movie unless it's a fucking Charlie Chaplin film.

>>91591568
Pre B v S has an average lines count of 111.57 per film, so on average they have 2.6 times as many. Now lets account for time. Supes vs Bats is 3 hours and 3 minutes, Molemen is 1 hour, Superman 1979 is 3 hour 8, superman 2 is 2 hour 7, superman 3 is 2 hours 5, 4 an hour and 33, returns 2 hours 34, MoS 2 hours 28, for an average of just 2 hours and 16 minutes, just over 2/3rds of how long MvS is.

Stop defending trash.
>>
>>91591582
He's adding his own meaning to the frame.

What about that frame makes him think that? The composition? Perspective? Lighting? The inner motion of the frame (which is not present in that still)? The shots that precede or follow it (which actually would matter in an audiovisual discourse)? Is it a reference to another work of art, be it a painting, a musical piece or a mythological figure?

He explains nothing. There is no context provided, and no analysis, just his confirmation bias at work.

Watch pic related, you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>91591752
Quick correction on my end, The Purge films make 10x their budget, not 10x of BvS 3.5x their budget.
>>
>Snyder films aren't colorf-
>Snyder films don't have he-
>Snyder films don't respect the chara-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VFCfx_rKbI

Just admit the anti-Snyder sentiment is derived from insecure Marvel fanboys.
>>
File: 1490300714390.png (163KB, 1116x158px) Image search: [Google]
1490300714390.png
163KB, 1116x158px
>>91588822
You fucking "people" are the reason /co/ is so shit
>>
>>91591752
>low-budget movie has a high profit percentage
No shit. Your whole post is retarded and boils down to /v/-like quantifications of arguments.
>>
>>91591817
>look we Marvel guys are cool never start anything
>literally begging mods to ban all of DC from the board
Do Marvel fanboys really lack any self-reflection whatsoever?
>>
>>91591820
You're the fucktard who brought up it making $900 million box office as if that alone meant anything, if you actually to judge fan reaction why not look at when the Fans get to say if they liked or didn't like sometihng?

And when they do surprise surprise they say Bats v Sups was pretty mediocre.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice/
>>
File: cringey darkness.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cringey darkness.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>91591792
>hurr durr if I greentext it means they're wrong
>>
>>91591854
>63% of fans liked it when 20% of critics liked it.
Proves my point. Majority of fans liked it, majority of critics hated it.

>>91591856
>cringey darkness
What does this even mean? How old are you?
>>
>>91591792
I mean, if it was more than just the one scene, I'd have a different opinion of these films.

I thoroughly enjoyed MoS, but you're wrong if you're telling me that any criticism people have towards him is bias.
>>
>>91591889
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpsxVDHRhek

Not all criticism is bias but a good portion of it is and much of it boils down to cognitive dissonance willingly overlooking the strengths of his films and obsessing over the negatives ad infinitum
>>
>>91591886
63% is not a good percentage, in the US school system 63% means you failed on a test.

If I compare it to low tier Marvel films like the 1st Cap movie or Iron Man 2 it's subpar.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/captain_america_the_first_avenger
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/iron_man_2
>>
>>91591950
Now you're just purposely misunderstanding the RT metric. 63% means a majority of fans had a positive experience with BvS. It doesn't say that a majority of fans gave it a 6/10. So that 63% approval could range from anywhere between 60% to 100% score.
>>
>>91592002
You were talking about the percentage of viewers who liked it or not so I did as well, you can't jump around how many fans liked it back and forth to how much fans liked it as you please you dishonest little shit.
>>
File: batman's useless.webm (3MB, 1280x530px) Image search: [Google]
batman's useless.webm
3MB, 1280x530px
>>91592002
>It doesn't say that a majority of fans gave it a 6/10
actually that's exactly what it says
>>
>>91592054
You are being incredibly asshurt right now. I know you felt clever attempting to use an online poll to make a point but it's obvious you're not used to when someone calls you out on your disgusting misleading tactics. A majority of fans did like BvS as you proved yourself. This despite BvS being a bold polarizing movie that challenges many of the perceptions of the genre.
>>
>>91592071
>he expects Batman to have a fighting chance against a murdering Kryptonian murdering beast without prep time
>>
>>91592112
Claiming you've won the argument doesn't make it so. Having a slight majority of people like it over hating it doesn't make it good, if you're film just narrowly manages to tick 50% of viewer to 51% to saying it wasn't bad doesn't make it good, that's mediocre, and 63% is still pretty damn mediocre, which is exactly what I called it.
>>
>>91591537
>how critics react when confronted with something greater than they can comprehend
Do people honestly believe Batman vs Superman is the smartest movie ever made? Like, I'm still unsure whether it's bait or not when people post shit like this.
>>
>>91591537

The sad thing is, many professional critics would have probably seen the merit in Batman v Superman. I mean, it's a flawed movie that deserves some criticism but it would have been received far better, had it not come out in an environment where Superhero movies wouldn't be so formulaic that people expected them all to be insubstantial action comedies.

Batman v Superman took itself seriously, expressed a lot of its points nonverbally and had some aspects that you might very well miss if you expect it to be the kind of movie to spell out everything for you.

I strongly disliked it too, when I first saw it, because I didn't know what to look for. Watched it again paying more attention to the subtext and a lot clicked for me.
>>
>>91592172
Smarter than the average petty Marvels loved by critics, that's for sure.
>>
File: 1490942356361.png (67KB, 1095x224px) Image search: [Google]
1490942356361.png
67KB, 1095x224px
>>91592205
It changed my perception on film critics, that's for sure.
>>
>>91592205
Stop searching for execuses, LOGAN got amazing reviews by critics and audiences.

Stop trying to find execuses, BvS is just a baddly written movie.
>>
What has ingrained itself in haters of this film so much that they refuse to accept any analysis of it? Genuinely curious about what drives them to anti-shill so much
>>
File: R80IbXQ.jpg (1MB, 1200x1753px) Image search: [Google]
R80IbXQ.jpg
1MB, 1200x1753px
>>
>>91592253
>Stop trying to find execuses, BvS is just a baddly written movie.
You know it's not very convincing with you complaining about bad writing when you can't even form basic sentences together without typos. Underaged or just dumb?
>>
>>91592217
"He died for your sins" is a trope literally as old as the Bible, Cap 2 & 3 both dealt with the modern socio-political elements of how much power we give into the government in response to fear of terrorism which is often caused by said government in a ploy to gain the power they want.
>>
>>91591935
That's what criticism is, though. What good would it be to just praise something over and over?
>>
>>91592276
Not American, dumb fuck.

By the way, nice ad hominen. You are without arguments right?
>>
>>91592285
>Cap 2 & 3
Yeah I also enjoyed how everyone was a secret Hydra guy, including the comics relief guy from Iron Man 1. That's really insightful and deep!
>>
>>91592312
>Not American, dumb fuck.
Where are you from? I am intrigued to know what nations possess people who can't even spell "excuse".
>>
>>91592312

Not him, but responding to empty ad hominem with empty ad hominem doesn't help your argument much. Just saying.
>>
>>91592315
>Iron Man 1
it was iron man 2 if you're going to talk shit like the retard you are you should at least do it right
>>
>>91592315
>this random element totally undoes the political discussion
You're defending a movie where the main badguy pisses in a jar and the main conflict that the movie is named after is resolved by meaningless circumstance that has literally nothing to do with either characters motivation, they don't even discuss it, they just shout the name and short sentences at each other.
>>
File: ackchyually.png (21KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
21KB, 700x700px
>>91591752
>Pre B v S has an average lines count of 111.57 per film, so on average they have 2.6 times as many. Now lets account for time. Supes vs Bats is 3 hours and 3 minutes, Molemen is 1 hour, Superman 1979 is 3 hour 8, superman 2 is 2 hour 7, superman 3 is 2 hours 5, 4 an hour and 33, returns 2 hours 34, MoS 2 hours 28, for an average of just 2 hours and 16 minutes, just over 2/3rds of how long MvS is.
That doesn't refute my claim though. MoS Supes talks MORE than the movie before him, and in the next movie he shares the screen with the *much more popular* Batman.
>>
>>91592253

Logan was a lot more blatant about what it's about. Not saying that make it worse and it might very well be a better movie in a lot of ways but i'll stand by what I said: People missed a lot of Batman v Supermans subtext because they watched it with the assumption that there would be none.

I mean, to be fair, I haven't seen the theatrical version, maybe it cut out some important scenes but just going by the Director's Cut... you know, the interesting stuff is there. Had a lot of things where I stopped and thought "hey, that's pretty clever!" even about things that I felt were pointless on my first watch (like Doomsdays entire existence)

At the end of the day it's a movie about what we consider a hero. It presents a contrast of Batman and Superman in how they see themselves, how the people they interact with see them, how the public sees them and how we, the viewer see them and to what conclusion we come about their morality.

There was a lot about it that I liked even though it threw some people off. Like how they decided to actually play Batman as an antagonist. And how people still complained about Batman being too violent and too ruthless when the point of his whole character was that this version of him betrayed the morals that were keeping him in check, that made him a hero rather than a an almost fascist vigilante who, as he himself says, tries to "force the world to make sense".
>>
>>91592383
Forgot to mention the part where half the cast of Thor Ragnarok got turned into niggers.

But that's a cute image you made there. Well done.
>>
"Man of Steel" is more discussed than any of the "Iron Man" films.
Do the math.
>>
>>91592358
But I made an argument earlier? You can't cry that critics doesn't like serious super hero movies when serious super hero movies get amazing reviews.

You just have to admit that BvS is a shit attempt at a serious movie, in the same way that Green Lantern was a shit attempt at a lighthearted movie.
>>
File: 1492266064807.jpg (103KB, 675x465px) Image search: [Google]
1492266064807.jpg
103KB, 675x465px
>>91592433
speaking of
>>
>>91592436
Champions is more discussed than Hellboy.
>>
File: armond on bvs.jpg (2MB, 1634x3886px) Image search: [Google]
armond on bvs.jpg
2MB, 1634x3886px
>>91592440
>muh critics
You have put zero arguments forward yourself to why Marvel films are so much better. It's literally all you being a braindead drone referring to critics. I can pull that card too.

Don't reply if you can't refute the arguments put forth in this review.
>>
>>91592424
MoS supes has a dozen more lines then Superman returns sure, it also has 6 more lines then the hour long Superman vs Moleman. Yet the numbered Superman films, save for 1, which are the most numerous of the Superman films are roughly half an hour shorter, hell 4 a hour shorter and still give Superman significantly more lines.
>>
File: truth.png (85KB, 722x496px) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
85KB, 722x496px
>>91592436
because you retards refuse to just fuck off
>>
File: Mythology 080.jpg (272KB, 1309x1767px) Image search: [Google]
Mythology 080.jpg
272KB, 1309x1767px
>>91592451
You ignored the point you made yourself. And when called out, you resorted to another company wars image on your HDD.

All this does is prove the accusations that Marvel shills are the ones doing the shitposting here.
>>
>>91592436
Man of Steel is more memorable than 15 MCU films put together. Time is the best critic.
>>
File: ok bud.png (578KB, 520x631px) Image search: [Google]
ok bud.png
578KB, 520x631px
>>91592500
So are you saying that critics are wrong and the MoS is better than Superman Returns?
Or are you saying that the amount of lines Supes has is irrelevant?
>>
File: 1qw2.jpg (26KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1qw2.jpg
26KB, 720x480px
https://youtu.be/xy2dCgqRfjw
>>
>>91592486
lmao I didn't even mentioned Marvel,just you fans whinning about critics not liking your bad movie.

Seems like this >>91592515 is right.
>>
>>91592571
Why did you reply without refuting any of the arguments in the review? Can it be so that you're just shitposting RT scores and when called out on the actual film, you turn tail and flee back behind the veils of anonimity? Seen it too many times to be a coincidence by now.
>>
>>91592571
at a certain point you're going to realize he's a /tv/ shitposter and stop giving him (You)s

apparently that point is sometime after he posts a review from a known troll critic
>>
>>91592545
I'm saying the amount of lines are important, but just a single outlier of MoS out lining Superman Returns, a single film that also isn't well liked so hardly a "B-b-b-but it was fine when X did it!!!", doesn't change the fact Synder Supes does talk less the other supermans and his films suffer for it.
>>
>>91588822

This movie ages so well. It's a great piece.
>>
>>91592610
A "troll" critic that singlehandedly destroys the haters with a few paragraphs and then have his points ignored because he hits all the soft spots like a champ.
>>
>>91592619
>doesn't change the fact Synder Supes does talk less the other supermans
Superman Returns proves you objectively wrong though.

And for the last time, BvS
1. isn't a Superman solo film
2. Batman is much more popular than Superman PLUS this was Batman's first movie in this universe
>>
>>91588822
>>91590685
The way you autistic children try so hard to find meaning in shit is astonishing
>>
File: tumblr_ohna09tjrm1vfevtto1_500.gif (2MB, 494x494px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohna09tjrm1vfevtto1_500.gif
2MB, 494x494px
>>91592570
and some people on here honestly think a reboot will make people prefer DC over based marvel
>>
>>91592451

This is really heartbreaking, as a DC fan first and foremost who also likes a lot of Marvel stuff. The DCEU is so furiously SHITTY that even a JL movie trailer can't get more views than a fucking Thor trailer. If you had told this to anyone ten years ago people would have fucking laughed at you. I never know if I should be impressed with what Marvel is doing with its movies or disappointed with DC
>>
>>91592657
What?
It's not trying at all. The movie isn't subtle in that moment at all, it's very obvious.
>>
File: best youtube ever.png (110KB, 500x553px) Image search: [Google]
best youtube ever.png
110KB, 500x553px
>>91592671
>MUH 10 YEARS AGO
more like 20 DC has been irrelevant LONG before 2007
>>
>>91592671
Yes it must really break your heart seeing one trailer get less views than the other while also ignoring the teaser that got 40 million.

But yeah I'm sure you're totally a die hard DC fan and you're in tears over youtube trailer views.
>>
any real DC fan are not fans of BvS

this thread really brings out the retard in people
>>
>>91592245

Maltin, giving what's wrong with DCCU Superman.

Sperglord under him wtf
>>
>>91592679
I know,tell that to the DCEU fags
>>
>>91592729
Not gonna lie, former DC fan here. This is fucking hilarious watching Snyder crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear kinos.
>>
>>91592656
Superman returns is a outlier, one that doesn't even skew the average of the numbers I posted enough to change my point, and one that's also not well liked by the fans either.

1, as the numbers I posted shows, accounting for BvS being a split protag movie STILL has Superman talk below average numbers.

2, that may justify why it happened, but it still means Superman has weak characterization since he can only talk so much, and his silent acting is hardly some masterpiece that makes up for it like the whiners are suggesting.
>>
>>91591550
It's blasphemous and wrong
>>
>>91592733

That "sperglord" understood a lot better what the movie was going for than Maltin. You might very well argue that Batman v Superman isn't fun and I would, for the most part, not disagree, it doesn't have much levity (and what it does have often fell flat. That little joke from Superman's mom to Batman after he saved her was corny as hell.) but that doesn't make it bad. A movie being serious doesn't detract from it. Why would it?
>>
>>91592767
You are a class A retard if you think characterization is defined solely through dialouge.

The scene with Clark saving that child from the burning building has more insight into Clark's character than any dialouge line could deliver.

This nonsense of comparing dialouge lines is autistic. It's retarded and it's anti-film. Drop it.
>>
>>91592259
It's not worth analyzing
>>
>>91592810
Is it worth shitposting over it for months after its theatre showing, still sperging out when people who are passionate about it are talking?
>>
File: 1492266318943.gif (909KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1492266318943.gif
909KB, 480x270px
>>91592486
>Troll reviewer whose joke is that he defends the prequels, Adam Sandler movies and other shit stuff as they were pieces of art

Okay, OP CONFIRMED AS TROLL PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED.

Don't forget to sage.
>>
>>91592767
>but it still means Superman has weak characterization since he can only talk so much
That's not how that works.
>>
>>91592887
You are doing exactly what I predicted you would do in an almost alarming fashion. Is it free will if a behaviour can be accurately predicted every time?
>>
Where are the TASM defenders now?

The DCEU defenders will go the same way once their universe dies.

Just saying.
>>
>>91592808
Explain why and how. This is what I keep seeing here, a lot of people will just give empty praises and big words they heard in a review somewhere, but can't articulate a valid and clear point.
>>
>>91592809
Saving people isn't the bare minimum that a super hero is supposed to DO?

And Snyderman still fucks it up, like with Jimmy Olsen, the guys gunning down Metropolis fighting Batman and the Congress meeting.
>>
>>91592857
It is a bad and badly done interpretation
>>
>>91592713

My point is, the JLA has always been more popular than Thor. At least before the MCU

>>91592725

I'm not in tears over YT views, I'm in tears because the DCEU is objectively shit and not even close to competing with Ant-man and the GotG for fucks sake. Imagine a world where the DCEU had been as good as the MCU and we'd be getting Booster Gold and Plastic Man movies
>>
>>91592808

It's an action film with superheros. It's supposed to be fun, not a chore and not grasping at straws for meaning. It's been a bad Elseworlds from taking the wrong lessons from Green Lantern and Nolanverse.
>>
>>91592945
And it shows how completely ignorant you are when you could only process that scene as "Superman saving a child". It really does show just how little the people who spend their days angrily venting know about the actual film or film as whole when they can't even process a simple scene of Clark being surrounded by the dead.
>>
>>91592925
Why would the DCEU die? It's usually WB"s most profitable movie of the year.
>>
>>91592925
TASM2 had the best suit of all time, a pretty spot on Spider Man, a terrible Peter Parker, and a really bad everything else.
>>
>>91592960
Yeah bro we believe you, the world's biggest DC fan nobody's doubting you bro I hope those tears are all dried up now
>>
>>91592947
Nope
>>
File: bigger bomb than Pan.png (572KB, 760x666px) Image search: [Google]
bigger bomb than Pan.png
572KB, 760x666px
>>91592991
>usually
not anymore or ever again

there's only been two movies and they've both been the worst things ever released in a theater
>>
>>91592939

You want the short answer? I though it presented those two characters who, at this point, had a lot of movies made about them from a perspective which I haven't seen them from yet (People who are more into comics or animated movies might have might have had a different experience.) and used them to tell a story that made some interesting points about justice, public perception of controversial figure, xenophobia and so on and, you know, at the end of the day also entertained me just fine.

>>91592967

You might just aswell call "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" an "action film with cowboys", doesn't mean it has nothing to say. And no, I'm not saying Batman v Superman is as good or as well made as The Good, The Bad and The Ugly but it's very easy to dismiss pretty much everything that isn't a 100% realistic drama.
>>
>>91592809

>The scene with Clark saving that child from the burning building has more insight into Clark's character than any dialouge line could deliver.

Give me a break, this isn't Drive. Superman is not some autistic robot man-child who can't relate to people and converse with them, there's no reason to keep him silent for a majority of the film except to remove his agency in the narrative and keep him as a plot device to fuel Batman and Lois Lane and lex Luthor and everyone else who isn't Superman.

And even then, that argument only works if we learn any worthwhile character information from those scenes. We still have no sense of what he's like as person, something Snyder could have shown if he bothered to care about the Clark Kent persona and use it as a lens through which he can interact with his supporting cast. Instead it just repeats his Diet Doctor Manhattan character beats over and over in lieu of a real arc.

Every defense of this movie is people taking the table scraps Snyder fed them and claiming they're a full meal.

>these two looks on Henry Cavill's face are better then any dialogue!

>this implied plot points are better then a full narrative!

And then compounded with a healthy dose of elitism and snobbery, as though the movie is inherently good because it doesn't explain anything coherently makes it profound.
>>
>>91593052
You're retarded, anon. Ever since Harry Potter ended, the DCEU has been WB's cash cow. It is never dying. Keep dreaming.
>>
File: dc box office.jpg (222KB, 896x681px) Image search: [Google]
dc box office.jpg
222KB, 896x681px
>>91593052
hmmm, oh yes.

WB will cancel the DCEU now. Fuck making billions. This angry Marvel fanboy said so online so it must be true.
>>
>>91593086
Why do you think he looks away in pain after saving that child? Why is he showing doubt? Can you answer that? You said the scene lacked characterization because it has no dialouge, I will prove you wrong.
>>
File: MCUnbeatable.png (108KB, 691x348px) Image search: [Google]
MCUnbeatable.png
108KB, 691x348px
>>91593117
and which one of those "made billions"?
>>
>>91593148

>You said the scene lacked characterization because it has no dialouge

I said his scenes repeated the same characterisation over and over for the whole film, and it wasn't sufficient for the character.

Clark's character is absurdly one-note.
>>
>>91593170
They make billions through accumulated box-office, dvd, merchandise sales. DCEU has been extremely profitable for WB and you're delusional if you think they're going to drop their money maker now when they're past the rough initialization phase.

But hey, I see you were quick to run to your favorite company's number. As predictable as ever. Still the same presence of the Disney shills ITT as ever.
>>
>>91593066
See, this is what DC threads completely lack.

Regarding your post, I disagree with some of your views, but agree with others. The bad presentation, directing and the bad spots of acting, added to a poor handling of those interestong points, just didn't make it enjoyable for me. It had potential to be better than it was, and most of it's flaws can be traced to bad casting, Snyder, and corpprate meddling.
>>
>>91593197
You dodged the question and you're also wrong. The fact that he's conflicted about what he should be is proof enough that he's not one-note and is considering one or the other.

I think you're just spewing shit from your face and now that your shitty dialouge rant has lost all ground you run to the next point on your shitposting list.
>>
>>91593210
they're not "past it" they haven't even felt the effects of it yet
>>
>>91593217
>see this is what these threads lack
>proceeds to make another copypaste shitpost completely devoid of any substance
>>
>>91592809
Wow, "He's a gud guy" is strong characterization? Really? Fucking really?
>>91592902
Except it is. Body language can help convey emotions and context, but humans still mainly communicate through words, the fact we're using text right now instead of videos of us interpretive dancing at each other should say as much. And not to mention Superman didn't really have any interesting scenes where he shows us anything through body language.
>>
>>91593247
They are making billions of it which is feeling the effects enough.
>>
>>91588822
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umG8JWnTpXs
>>
>>91593117
You know 50% of that is going to the theater, correct?
>>
>>91593217

Now, as much as I like it, it's a very flawed movie. It had some spotty writing. I already mentioned that I felt that what little humour it did have felt flat, like Martha Kent's "I thought so. The Cape." after Batman mentioned being a friend of Clark, that "Is she with you" banter and so on... completely out of place. Though I won't blame it on Snyder because Suicide Squad was even worse about it.

Also, I kinda cringe a little when someone in a movie still says the line "you're the boss, boss." unironically.

But all of those nitpicks aside what I liked about it I liked enough to get into it more than I got into any other recent super hero movie and I feel like many of the commonly repeated criticisms are a result of people missing what the movie was going for with these specific elements.
>>
>>91593274
You complained earlier that Superman wasn't a good guy and now you complain that he is too much of a good guy. And you're wrong on both accounts. Superman is conflicted because mankind is starting to see him as something he's not prepared to be seen as. This is why he looks away in pain when surrounded by the dead. He is becoming an icon to them when all he considers himself is a boy from Kansas who wants to do good. He feels himself unprepared for the role that mankind has given him which also explains his isolation (and therefore the lack of dialogue).

See how that works? It's called showing, not telling. BvS does it expertly. And this is just one example of that.
>>
>>91593230

>You dodged the question

You misinterpreted my post. And that question is a trap, no matter what answer I would have said you would claim it's wrong and say that proves it's 3deep5me.

>The fact that he's conflicted about what he should be is proof enough that he's not one-note and is considering one or the other.

"Conflicted about his place in the world" IS his one-note. That's all the characterisation we have of him. Well okay, that's not true. We have his weird, obsessive relationship with Lois too. So I guess that's two notes.

And in what universe is Henry Cavill some amazing actor who can convey worlds and entire characterisations through his body language like he's Daniel Day Lewis?
>>
>>91593403
Can you explain to me the many layers of characterization that characters like Spider-Man or Cap have in Civil War?
>>
>>91593343
It's all fucking bullshit. See how quickly the corporate wars idiots ousted themselves when you pushed them hard enough?>>91593170
>>91593052

It doesn't matter what you say or how good or bad BvS is. They're set on this and nothing said will change their minds. They have their shitposting images ready for dumping.
>>
>>91593428

>Can you explain to me the many layers of characterization that characters like Spider-Man or Cap have in Civil War?

Wait, when did I claim that they did? I don't see anyone here arguing the the MCU is filled with masterworks of characterisation, they're fairly simple pulp characters.
>>
>>91593343
I'm with you on the humour, it did't quite land the way they thought it would. The one thing that made me laugh was Bruce's "oh shit".

What did you think of the whole "Martha" thing?

>>91593254
I'm admiting I agree with some points and disagree with others. It's not a dissertation, I'm explaining my position.
>>
>>91593403
the universe where Snyder isn't directing
>>
>>91593521
You did, when you said Spidey had more lines than Supes. That bears the implication of more lines being better so therefore he should have a more layered character, right?

Hell, show one Marvel character with the depth of BvS Superman. You can choose any you want.
>>
Hey DCbros, you don't get credit for trying.

You can have all the obvious metaphor and allusion you want, and sure, it's very clear that Zack Snyder was TRYING to do something. But if the product ends up boring, it has failed as a piece of mass-media. Let's ignore how "fun" it is. BvS wasn't exciting, it wasn't interesting, it in no way engaged with the audience.

But it did have its funny moments with that exploding cripple.
>>
>>91592751
wat
I am a DCEUfag you brainlet.
>>
>>91593549
Debunk MCU Iron Man.
>>
>>91593549

>You did, when you said Spidey had more lines than Supes

What? Oh.

No m8, I'm a different guy. >>91593086 was my first post.
>>
>>91593564
How many times have your shitty nonsensical arguments been debunked now only for you to return to force new ones? I see you making a new post yet the IP count stays the same.
>>
>>91593576
MCU Iron Man is ultimately a one-note good guy with a knack for quips.
>>
>>91593621
Mind elaborating? Anyone can same something similar about DCEU Superman.
>>
>>91588822
Was Doomsday mad because he had no dick?
>>
>>91593524
>What did you think of the whole "Martha" thing?

I think the reason why it gets made fun of so much is because Affleck performance in that scene didn't really sell it. The "What? Why did you say that name?" sounded more vaguely befuddled than someone just having a moral epiphany.

Nonetheless, what it's going for is still getting across. Bruce get's a flashback to the night his parents died, he realizes he's basically become Joe Chill, holding an innocent man at gunpoint for entirely selfish reasons and he begrudgingly decides to help Superman.

Of course it hinges on the viewer assuming that no other person he carelessly murdered since he went off the edge put him in the same situation but if we assume that he never went out of his way to kill someone, just stopped caring if they died when he roughed them up I can kinda accept that that situation was what would be a turning point for him.
>>
>>91593605
>How many times have your shitty nonsensical arguments been debunked now only for you to return to force new ones?

Not him, but I never saw a Hack Snyder defender (you know, the guy who wrote Sucker Punch?) Give a good reason for why these movies are good, or answer any of the criticism without insulting the opposition or making up conspiracies.

He'll, most of them aren't even genuine, considering that they use TROLL reviews that deliberately praise bad movies as an argument.
>>
>>91594172
You are free to read the thread. And if you disagree, you disagree. But don't claim the arguments haven't been put forth amidst obnoxious shitposting disrupting the thread.
>>
>>91588822
>>91590685
>>91591361
>>91591462
>>91593605

The pitiful samefag on these posts is ridiculous.

>30 IPs

It is just one fag baiting everyone by pretending that the movies are good right?
>>
>>91594239
wew
>>
>>91594239
yup
>>
>>91594239
>>91594264
nope
>>
>>91593691
It look like its wearing a diaper
>>
>>91592593
This review is ludicrous. Its comparison withe The Dark Knight makes no sense.
A movie where people when given the choice, refuse to blow each other and where Batman prevents the Joker's death is darker than a movie where Superman is hated by a part of the population and Batman brands and kills criminals en masse?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-03-19-19h54m05s178.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-03-19-19h54m05s178.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>91594339
Not that guy, but I would say that TDK is darker because the tone of BvS, while tackling heavy stuff, is more OTT and stylized.
TDK looks more like a big budget Law and Order movie.
>>
>>91594239
>Y-you are samefaging

I'm not, try again disney shill.
>>
>>91594387
Looks like someone erased his cookies. Fucking kek.
>>
>>91594339
I never understood why people say TDK is dark.
By comparison with say Raimi's Spider-Man, sure, but on its own it's far more hopeful and optimistic than most crime movies out there.
>>
>>91594463
Wonder why people didn't point this out years ago.
>>
File: 1492032021317.jpg (77KB, 641x641px) Image search: [Google]
1492032021317.jpg
77KB, 641x641px
>>91594387
>IP count doesn't increase
>no (you)s there, which would imply that you never posted before
>still act like you was part of the conversation

It's always funny spotting new fans that don't know how the site works.
>>
>>91594387
EXPOSED
>>
>>91594387
More like

>I-I'm not samefaging guys!

>go on and proves that is samefaging.
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.