[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are they even useful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

How are they even useful?
>>
>>91587884

You mean besides being able to shrink down go inside you and completely rape your central nervous system?
>>
Ever had a super-strong, super-hard tiny soldier go up your urethra?
>>
>>91587884
Both of them are superhumanly strong at smaller sizes for one, which is pretty helpful for combat and infiltration purposes. Wasp once demonstrated enough strength to bend a steel bar in half while shrunk down for example.
In Jan's case, her stingers are actually fairly potent weapons since they go straight for the central nervous system and thus sort of bypass any increased durability her enemies might have; she rarely takes people out with them but they HURT even more powerful foes, and she's been able to blast holes in concrete and steel with them. She also has a pretty long track record as a hero and thus has plenty of active combat experience and was a solid leader of the Avengers for awhile too. In emergencies she can also use Pym Particles to grow to huge sizes like Hank can.
Scott Lang has similar capabilities (minus the bio-blasters), and Hank Pym has those in addition to being VERY smart. He's also unique in that he's never stuck to one "schtick" as a hero; he was Ant-Man and has a lot of experience fighting as Ant-Man, but also some experience being a huge bruiser as Giant Man, and then some more being a flying energy-blaster as Yellowjacket.

While they certainly aren't the most powerful Avengers by any measure of the imagination, it should be noted that their combat experience and skills combined with their powers makes them pretty far from useless.

Avengers have never really been about collecting the most powerful superheroes anyway; that's more the Justice League's thing.
>>
Honestly I stopped hanging out on anime message boards because I got tired of seeing people claim that anyone who can't fart the universe out of existence is useless
>>
>>91587884
Even Spiderman uses Ant Man's trick of threatening to cover villains in spiders. Imagine being covered in bullet ants...actually don't cause no human would survive that much pain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it0V7xv9qu0
>>
>>91588350
to be fair, anime has a major problem in having one character power creep so badly that everyone else doesn't get to do anything of worth.
>>
First time I same them

I thought they were like blue beetle
>>
File: 692360-toolbot.jpg (12KB, 234x301px) Image search: [Google]
692360-toolbot.jpg
12KB, 234x301px
Hank Pym has the best inventions and out of all the comic inventions, toolbot is the one I want the most.
>>
They're plenty useful, it's just that they don't get their own comics often where you see their true potential and creative use of their powers.

That's what really burns me. I love Hank, Scott, Eric, and the others and I love the mouse world ideas, and I love kaiju fights but they don't have as much content as say, Thor or the Guardians. Ant-Man could've easily been a long running series with hundreds of issues and tales had it not been cancelled in Tales to Astonish. And Marvel fucked up the last series by rebooting it in the middle of a story.
>>
Pym not only shrinks things but also enlarges them. Like a spoonful of cereal that you're eating suddenly explodes your head when they grow thousands of times larger in less than a second.
>>
>>91588596
There are still some pretty great stories throughout the years though.
>Busiek Avengers
>Ant Man and The Wasp
>Rage of Ultron
>Slotts West Coast Avengers
>Avengers Academy

Even the late Lang Ant Man book was good.
>>
>>91588643
I won't refute that, I just wish there were even more. The hook for Ant-Man always got me more interested than most of the other Silver Age stories, is all.
>>
>>91588662
I really hope the next time Pymtron shows up it isn't a huge dissapointment like the last one...
>>
File: armor vs fing fang foom.jpg (223KB, 900x1088px) Image search: [Google]
armor vs fing fang foom.jpg
223KB, 900x1088px
>>91588596
>and I love kaiju fights

fuck I kept hoping someone would bring back Armor's Kaiju Buster mode but the only time that came up was an evil alternate version who just sort of stomped around menacingly till she got brain zapped
>>
>>91588097
Do earthworms count?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.