[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Total Drama Island

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1492311313915.png (121KB, 1333x750px) Image search: [Google]
1492311313915.png
121KB, 1333x750px
Should I watch this?
>>
Only the first season. After that it's unwatchable.
>>
If you like fetish-fuel and teen drama.
>>
Season 1 is borderline /co/kino.

Everything afterwards in garbage.
>>
First season is great, the rest is legitimately unwatchable.
>>
>>91584384
It's weirdly addictive, but the quality spikes and drops constantly.
First season's worth checking out at least, and if you like that give the others a try. Maybe skip Action though. That was pretty boring.
>>
1st and 3rd season are great. Skip the 2nd.
>>
>>91584489
name some true /co/kino, then

>>91584565
>>91584551
>>91584538
>>91584459
>>91584452
okay, I'm going to watch the firsrt season.
>>
It's an animated take on Survivor made in Canada.

The first season is good, some would argue the best. I personally liked the third season more, but quality-wise it's sometimes on-par or sometimes worse than the first season. Those two as well as season six I feel are the top three best seasons, I'm sure most fans would agree.

Second season starts off pretty strong but is bogged down by, believe it or not, an ungodly amount of filler. For some reason they decided to only bring back barely two thirds of the characters from season 1 but still keep the episode count at 26. This means every other episode is filler and doesn't progress the plot in a meaningful way aside from potential minor character development. The only filler episode in Season 2 I felt was anywhere near enjoyable is "Masters Of Disaster" and only because of the climax. Filler aside, it winds up being a huge disappointment during the last few episodes with some QUESTIONABLE choices, leading up to arguably the weakest finale of the entire series save for maybe the finale of season five. In a lot of ways season three was season two but done better. They even bothered to add in a couple of new faces, though for better or for worse both of those new characters wind up sticking around for most of the season. Season three gets points for its musical segments (Most of them are good, some are meh, only a couple are bad) as well as starting off with a more interesting premise of three teams VS two teams. However, they completely bunk that format because they spend the first third of the season getting one of the teams completely dissolved, which means the second third of the season is back to the two team format, which also introduces a pointless love triangle. What makes season three the best season aside from season one is the fact every episode takes place in a unique locale, the musicals and arguably the non-regular characters they brought back are more loved by fans than the ones they brought back for S2
>>
>>91587340
Season Four is a soft reboot, where they introduce a completely new cast of characters. They even try to make a callback to the first season by calling it "Revenge Of The Island", and it's also half as long as the first three seasons, which leads to superior pacing for the most part.

Season five is an "All-Star" season that, like the second season, had potential to be great but winds up falling flat a lot quicker. Most of the characters they bring back are characters that were over-exposed in previous seasons, which leads to a lot of boring repetition. The final two is also unbelievably predictable and boring... well half of it anyway. This and season two compete for the worst seasons of the show. =/

Season six is the best of the 13-episode seasons, by far. Great character designs and personalities, and overall a much more cartoonish element is present which makes things feel more alive and energetic.

Ridonculous Race is its own thing and funnily enough feels like a return to form quality-wise, as it's back to the 26-episode format. The "final two" is a bit weird this time around, but the way the actual journey is definitely great.

You can watch every episode of this show on netflix in the US, so yeah.
>>
>>91587413
>>91587340
That's very informative, anon, thanks!
>>
>>91584384
Really only worth it for waifus
>>
>>91587413
So what makes season four worse than one, three, and six?
>>
>>91587413
>Season Four is a soft reboot, where they introduce a completely new cast of characters. They even try to make a callback to the first season by calling it "Revenge Of The Island", and it's also half as long as the first three seasons, which leads to superior pacing for the most part.
Probably worth mentioning that ROTI has what's probably the strongest ending of any season(most of them have honestly rather lame duck endings)
>>
>>91584384
>Season 1 was GOAT, Season 2 is just the beginning of flanderization, Season 3 is an total drama, singing, love triangle (Courtney vs. Gwen over Duncan), total flanderization of almost all characters, Season 4 was okay, Season 5 (All-Stars) was awful, flanderization, only Mike's arc was interesting, Season 6 was just... idk, average.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.