[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did he even do anything wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: ramses.png (146KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
ramses.png
146KB, 500x282px
Did he even do anything wrong?
>>
he bet on the wrong horse and then doubled down when he knew he was wrong just cause he was a stubborn ass.

then he TRIPLED down after he knew he lost because he's a dumbass.
>>
Only based on our modern sensibilities, not in comparison to anything.
>>
>>91579655
Keep in mind that God hardened his heart so he would keep saying no. He was a puppet.
>>
File: kim.gif (97KB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
kim.gif
97KB, 190x200px
>>91579655
I meant more from a national leader perspective

>defends ancient Egyptian traditions
>wants to emulate his father and make him proud
>tries his best not to fall to mischievous brother's antics

Then, once SHTF
>fires incompetent priests (basically like the President firing his cabinet in wartime if they're conniving scoundrels)
>tries to present a strong image to lead country through the crisis

The Angel of Death in particular
>relent and decide to let the fuckers go so they'll leave your country alone
>national outcry for revenge; possible armed uprising if you just accept this
>lead army against the people who killed your entire country's next generation in a single night
>many of your soldiers lost sons and daughters to that angel
>drown for your efforts

Personality wise he was definitely a stubborn ass but as a leader, I don't think it'd be bad to live under him y'know?
>>
>>91579471

He was a stubborn jackass with an inferiority complex.
>>
>God wanted to present his power in an example so he had to make ramses ii the baddie
>>
>>91580114
Gonna need a sauce on that gif.
>>
>>91579817
In the bible.
In the movie they never imply that, they only mention the once and then decides to massacre the jewish children.
However even with that. God hardens his heart the final time. It's all an ironic punishment of Egypt and the Pharaoh. The Pharaoh already hardened his heart before and they slaughtered the Jew babies. They don't get to back out now.
>>
>>91581214
I've tried finding that myself but it seems to exist in a vacuum lad I'm sorry
>>
>>91582379
>>91581214
http://rule34.xxx/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1646591
>>
File: 1483239512141.png (1MB, 2758x1822px) Image search: [Google]
1483239512141.png
1MB, 2758x1822px
>>91582575
That was supernaturally fast.

Nice ass
>>
>>91579471
he didn't kill Moses the instant he came back from Exile.
he didn't kill Moses and every Israelite when God killed his son.

Ramses deserved what he got for being such a grade A pussy. I know he sees Moses as a brother, but when he was turning the river to blood(Exodus sure was fucking edgy), he should've gotten the hint to send this motherfucker to Anubis.
>>
>>91586450
he believed the blood to be a trick, that the priests could do it so clearly it was just still the egyptian gods work at hand

once the plague started going you think he'd get the hint when the cattle were dying and locusts ate all their shit
>>
>>91579471
He's black, so yeah
>>
>>91580114

I think that was part of the conflict for moses, Ramses was a very great leader for his people. The slaves were not considered his people and did not have it so great.

The duality of Ramses is what made the conflict so difficult. If he was just an asshole it'd be easy.

so OP he did do some things wrong but he also did some things right.
>>
>>91586559

That tiny bowl was OBVIOUSLY him sticking his head in the sand, there was no way he honestly believed it was comparable to the river. He didn't want to believe, he would've taken whatever shitty answer his priests gave.
>>
>Nigga turns our entire water supply in blood
>Lol, my mages can do the same
>Never ask the mages if they can undo it

He was a idiot
>>
>>91586704
True, but it WAS his excuse to himself, he may have doubted deep down, but he could have easily still thought it was simply Egyptian gods magic at hand rather than this supposed new god
>>
>My entire army was almost immolated by that fire tornado, now I'm going to charge into this narrow, uneven terrain with two giant walls of water on either side.
>What's the wost that could hap-
>>
>>91586834
at that point the dude must have been quite literally insane
>>
>>91579817
>God hardened his heart

What a cock, how are you gonna punish a dude for behaving exactly how you made him?

Predestination is the crux of Abrahamic religion and they still will dodge guilt with "freewill". Freewill literally cannot exist with an all knowing god morons.
>>
>>91587027
*tip*
>>
>>91586450
>he didn't kill Moses and every Israelite when God killed his son.
Not for lack of trying.
>>
>>91579471
God hardened his heart. He was fucked from that start.
>>
>>91587447
nice rhyme
>>
>>91587027
I don't think you know much about Abrahamic theology dude. Free will is a pretty central part of it, at least for Christianity and Judaism.
>>
>>91586834
Chariots don't even work on that kind of terrain, as the movie showed.

>>91587027
>expecting OT God to fuck around

And besides, free will "exists" for humans because we cannot see the future or the mind of God. It is an illusion, but the knowledge that it is an illusion is worthless to us. We still go on living like we have free will because that's how we perceive it. I suppose God is judging how you react to all the shit that he's planned out.
>>
File: image.png (86KB, 334x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
86KB, 334x253px
>>91579471
>tfw God hardens your heart
>>
>>91579471

Well I suppose slavery is technically wrong but that's opening a can of worms regarding societal and economic infrastructure issues rather than one of outright malice. I mean it's certainly east to call slavery bad when we're so far disconnected but the people involved back then didn't really have the privilege of foresight and really had a more important responsibility to their own people's well being.

Certainly in the sense of basic human decency alternatives should have been pursued by the ruling class but without a great deal of outside innovation that simply wasn't available at the time that simply wasn't a realistic possibility. You'd have to retain the working class but pay them with wages that just didn't exist. It would take a complete reworking of their entire society and given how turbulent and religious the time was at the time they'd be opening themselves to invasion the moment they showed the slightest weakness. It's a far more complicated issue people give it credit for.

Also blah blah god hardened his heart, which being honest is a right puzzling thing to do.
>>
>>91586616
>Egyptians
>Black

not this shitto againo
>>
Well, old testament God is a prick

remember the story of Job?

>God and satan bets whether Job will still be faithful if god fucking his life up
>God killed his kids, gave him a disease, destroyed everything Job had over a fucking bet, a fucking bet
>>
>>91588199
And if God had bet on you, He would have lost, apparently.
>>
>>91579471
Agreed to something he didn't want to do
Changed his mind
Didn't get his Hebrews back
Lost his army
>>
>>91579471
His parents were brother and sister. People like him are doomed to fail.
>>
>>91579471
Yes he failed to exterminate the Hebs.
>>
>>91588199
It's alright, he got a brand new family by the end of it!
>>
>>91588606

at least 80 percent of that shit was god's fault
>>
>>91588220
Good.
>ruining a devout and faithful worshipers life over a bet
>a bet to supreme evil
>a supreme evil you banished because he's such a cock
If a God were to even participate in a bet it would undermine being a God in the first place. Especially if the other party is a counter part and just wants you to fuck with people
>>
>>91582723
>>91582575
>spoon-feeding a frog poster

Sometimes it's not even worth it.
>>
>>91588780
This isn't /v/ friend. No reason to be a faggot here
>>
>>91588692
Yeah and his new daughters were prettier than the old ones so there's that.
>>
>>91587883

He is suggesting that free will and predestination cannot be reconciled and your response is to tell him that Christians believe in free will. You're a bit of an idiot.
>>
>>91587883
Free will is in no way central to Christianity and Judaism multiple times in the bible god makes his enemies behave a certain way so we can punish them for it later
>>
>>91579471
he doomed thousands of his own citizens to his own stubbornness and pride
>>
>>91579817
NO! No he didn't.

That's a mistranslation that got out of hand, the passage says the opposite but ancient Hebrew is a bitch.
>>
>>91590788
Proofs?
>>
>>91591481
http://apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=11&article=1205

It's not exactly an unbiased source but the content is sold and there's references.
>>
Dude did have a bunch of slaves.
>>
>>91588779
The Satan is basically the heavenly prosecutor. Being banished is a retarded addition by a retarded cult.
>>
ELOHIM GOD ON HIGH
>>
>>91587027
>Predestination is the crux of Abrahamic religion and they still will dodge guilt with "freewill". Freewill literally cannot exist with an all knowing god morons.

That depends on how you define 'all-knowing'. If the future is not yet written, does it exist to be known?
>>
Got his shit pushed in by the Hittites.
>>
I wish we can go back to having beautiful traditionally animated films bassed on old testament stories. The Prince of Egypt was truely Dreamworks masterpiece. Shame the Shrek effect hapoened...
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.