[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did we go from Civil War to this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_5684.jpg (308KB, 461x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5684.jpg
308KB, 461x675px
How did we go from Civil War to this?
>>
>>91572117
They're both bad but for different reasons. Be glad Iron Man didn't cuck his movie like he did to Cap and Spidey.
>>
>>91572142
>Civil War
>Bad

Just stop this meme.
>>
>>91572117
Civil War was saturated with returning characters. Doc Strange was all new ones almost completely isolated.
>>
>>91572117
They want all the Earth shit to pan out to something so it doesn't feel like it was drawn out, flat ad irrelevant, so we got CW after 3 Iron Mans, 2 Caps, 2 Avengers and an Ant Man, but they've got to finally stop fucking around and get their foot in the door for Infinity so the end of Guardians of the Galaxy, AoU and Doc Strange have been basically zooming the fuck out to let the audience know there is other stuff out there and happening.

You'd best get used to this discordant tone because I seriously doubt they'll be putting the brakes on things.
>>
>>91572170
Just don't take the bait. This is the new tactic instead of shouting about kino.
>>
File: OsakaLaughs.gif (1MB, 250x188px)
OsakaLaughs.gif
1MB, 250x188px
>>91572142

>Civil War
>Dr. Strange
>bad
>>
>>91572170
It is tho
>>
File: 1350696309105.gif (301KB, 205x154px)
1350696309105.gif
301KB, 205x154px
>>91572269
>Azumanga was over 10 years ago
>>
>>91572170
Strange was good, civil war was bad.

There was no reason for Tony to sperg out like he did, so what if some black bitch's kid died? He and the avengers saved the majority of the people in nyc if not the world. Then he decides that to right this wrong, he's gonna side with the most crooked and corrupt group of fucks imaginable? He dealth with these people prior to getting ahsrapnel embedded in his heart, he knows they're evil, fuck they even showed their true colors halfway through the movie. Then to top it off they introduce a shitty contrived plot point that WS somehow killed Tony's parents and this is the first we've ever heard of it?

The only good thing about this movie was Black Panther's origin, which should've been reserved for his solo movie. The brief Spider-man appearance was alright.

Then there's Zemo, which was them showing that they DID save all the people in Ugoslavia city during AOU, but it killed a single family on the outskirts who were there to avoid calamity, which is also unbelievable. If they'd just gone with the first avengers and had us assume the avengers did good, but a decent amount of people died, he'd have been a more believable villain.

Aside from that, Tony was completely wrong and his motivations don't make sense. The whole movie was a shit show, and nowhere near as good as cap 2.
>>
>>91572462
Bucky killing the Starks was revealed in Winter Soldier. I'm disregarding your entire post. You can't even pay attention to capeshit.
>>
>>91572311

It's a modern classic, Anon.
>>
>>91572170
Civil War being good IS the meme just because it's the better Avengers sequel
>>
File: 58257858.png (378KB, 622x600px)
58257858.png
378KB, 622x600px
>>91572117
Withdraw your racist statements. You have to like everything that is bad if it has a black guy in it. Have you even watched Ghostbusters with FEMALES? You're not af(raid of strong women are you?
>>
>>91572676
Take this stupid underage shit back to /b/ kid.
>>
>>91572462
>so what if some black bitch's kid died?
He'd likely have brushed it off had she not caught him after one of his little panic attacks from recalling Pepper had left him due to his negligence about such things and (conveniently) reliving the last moment he saw his parents.

>which should've been reserved for his solo movie
He implies to Steve that he already held the title of Black Panther before CW, his initiation will likely be shown in his movie.

I don't agree that CW is terrible, I felt it was really tight for all the nonsense they were juggling and for it being a spur of the moment thing Marvel Studios decided to do when they heard BvS but saying that I do agree WS was better composed.

I believe someone explained it best by stating WS was like watching someone springboard into a pool and their form and flips are really impressive but when they hit the pool it's very neat and quiet. CW meanwhile is someone doing a cannonball and while it's not very fancy the splash it makes is commendable. Both technically have their merits whether or not you want to appreciate them, but your appreciation of one or the other will depend on what you expect from the display.

I can understand how someone coming from WS would be a little disappointed, but I'm not surprised to have found most people who liked CW were not following the Cap movies before and were Avengers fans. Given how limp AoU was I don't think I need to elaborate why.
>>
>>91572462
>There was no reason for Tony to sperg out like he did
Tony sperging out seemed like a downward spiral than any immediate change of character. In the end of Age of Ultron, he already looks somber as fuck in that private moment as he drove up to the new compound, even though he tried to hide it among his comrades. Add in that Pepper left him, the State department woman guilted him, the split-up of the Avengers, him practically begging Ross not to kill Cap with a drone strike, fighting Cap in spite of the fact he's just trying to keep everyone alive and together, his best friend getting hurt in the crossfire Cap started, Barton guilting the fuck out of him in spite of the fact that Stark's pretty much the only reason Ross didn't blow team cap up with a missile that ironically probably still has his name on the side.

Finding out that not only did the Winter Soldier had murdered his parents, but that Cap knew about it for years alone is probably enough to emotionally bitch slap him silly. In this case, it was the anvil that broke the jackass's back. You can actually see the composure drain from his face as he watched the footage.That wasn't merely a selfish outburst, that was him finally snapping after an immense build-up of stress, caused by the two standing in that very room, no less.

He wasn't siding with the government so much as he was realizing that the Avengers can't realistically operate like they have been anymore, and that the Accords were about the only reasonable compromise. He didn't like the people he forced himself to work with at all, and he even stated that he fully intended to not only get the documents amended, but straight up go behind the world's collective backs if the absolutely need to.

I actually really liked Tony's arc. It's been a long time since he's been that interesting.
>>
>>91573200
dubs for truth

shit just keep building and building for tony until the zemo tape finally made him snap

based story arc
>>
>>91572462

>There was no reason for Tony to sperg out like he did

Tony would be a really good villain. Like, seriously, he causes most of his problems/villains.

For fucks sake in the movie he is for government bodies having control over them. He works with them ONCE, and then decides fuck it, he's a rogue agent again.

Someone seriously needs to have a sit down with Tony and tell him he needs to stop making decisions.
>>
>>91574101
>Someone seriously needs to have a sit down with Tony and tell him he needs to stop making decisions.
Pepper tried that, he just kind of playfully flirts and redirects the conversation. He only seems to listen when the imminent hurt is knocking right at the door.
>>
>>91574238

I mean someone he might actually respect, IE not a woman.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.