[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Compelling characters who deserve a solo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: croc.png (1MB, 1220x624px) Image search: [Google]
croc.png
1MB, 1220x624px
Killer Croc has a cool dichotomy by being a character you can feel bad for while also being a cannibalistic monster. With a good writer, it'd be interesting to read.

I also hate when he's drawn more monstrous. I prefer the "huge man with teeth and scales" to "discount lizard" any day of the week.
>>
Discount Lizard is what happens when you have people who know a character through adaptation decay or just visuals. Jim Lee just wanted to draw whatever he wanted rather than pay attention to what the character was supposed to be.
>>
File: Croc.jpg (39KB, 598x369px) Image search: [Google]
Croc.jpg
39KB, 598x369px
>>91571435
Arkham Origins Croc is best Croc
>>
>>91571435
But I like discount lizard!
>>
>>91571435
They should make riddler a private detective again and give him a solo
>>
>>91571435
Bane is basically the new Killer Croc.
Sad I know.
>>
>>91571615
Fuck off Lee
>>
>>91571826
Never.
>>
>>91571750
Eh, Croc's had a pretty solid mini-renissance over the past several years. A lot of good stories that illustrate his sad condition, movie appearance, etc. I've really enjoyed the Waylon-Selina buddy dynamic.
>>
>>91571435
I'll always have a soft spot for Croc

I wish volume three of Batman Earth One actually existed so that we could see Croc as Robin
>>
>>91571504
And keeping Croc exactly the same as he was in the 80's loses out on the interesting slow evolution of a man into an actual monster over time. Characters can change.

>>91571587
False.
>>
File: lizroc.jpg (115KB, 911x460px)
lizroc.jpg
115KB, 911x460px
>>91572151
>And keeping Croc exactly the same as he was in the 80's loses out on the interesting slow evolution of a man into an actual monster over time. Characters can change.
But it hasn't been done with any purpose. I'm certain this was written because Jim Lee wanted to draw him like an actual lizard since it never came up afterwards.
>>
>>91571435
I have ALWAYS wanted to write a Killer Croc story in the vein of "Heart of Ice" from BTAS, strongly focused on his character.
It would chronicle his beginnings as a huge scaly strong guy but one who is actually intelligent enough to be a successful crime boss and follow him as a slowly devolves through the Batman franchise as artists (especially Jim Lee) drew him as more and more bestial and he got dumber and dumber, explaining it as his natural mutation slowly getting worse and worse over time and it affecting his strength and stamina but also doing a number on his reasoning and logical thought process.

It would end on a very dark note as Croc sits in his cell at Blackgate and wonders;
>"I wonder how much longer before I'm not really a man anymore? I wonder how much longer before I forget what that was like? I wonder if at that point I'll remember enough to even care?"
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.