[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an adult. Is this show worth watching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (321KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
321KB, 1000x563px
I'm an adult. Is this show worth watching?
>>
>>91558286
You're not an adult. You're a manchild.
>>
It's alright.

But, don't get your hopes up about any female character. They're all pretty poorly written one way or another.
>>
not speaking from experience y'unnerstan, but i imagine an adult would be able to make up their own mind as to what to watch, yeah?
>>
It shits the bed after Not What He Seems, the ride is enjoyable until that point. Don't believe the fans' lies, they have shit taste.
>>
Stop watching after NWHS and pretend the show ended on a massive cliffhanger that was never resolved.
>>
it's cute and you'll benefit from watching it without all the delays the series was subjected to

don't build it .p too much in your head for the finale tho. it's still just a kids show/
>>
File: IMG_20170415_103856_927.png (29KB, 202x204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170415_103856_927.png
29KB, 202x204px
>>91558296
I dunno they could have a job, spouse, and kids but lack an outlet for their desire to fuck their sibling.
>>
>>91558383
>It shits the bed after Not What He Seems

How so?
>>
I remembered really liking the show, but I was thinking the other day and I realized that I couldn't think of a single episode I considered great rather than just good.
>>
Is it true that you can watch the series with the assumption that Mabel's secretly in love with her brother, and nothing in the show will disprove that?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
hijacking this thread for my own question:

which late 90s/early 2000s cartoons for kids are worth going back to as an adult? i went and rewatched some courage episodes recently and i really appreciated the setting and direction, but i don't think i'd get that with many other kids shows that aired when i was in the target audience except for the obvious ones like samurai jack
>>
>>91558623
Make your own thread jackass.
>>
>>91558566
the show makes it clear that mabel only loves herself
>>
File: wendyBoredReaction.jpg (35KB, 149x175px) Image search: [Google]
wendyBoredReaction.jpg
35KB, 149x175px
>>91558446
The episodes were released in 4 to 6 month intervals. During that time, the gravity falls threads had massive, massive amounts of speculation.

We built up a lot of lore that equaled or surpassed the Not What He Seems mystery, but the show never lived up to our hopes.

Toss in some lazy writing and out of character moments in the finale, and it left the /co/ population with a sour taste in our mouths and ire at the creator.

Still, it's a fun show and worth marathoning once to form your own opinion.
>>
Cartoons are not for adults, OP.
>>
>>91558683
not worth shitting up the board with another "will i enjoy this as an adult" thread
>>
File: 1458699622653.jpg (587KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1458699622653.jpg
587KB, 1000x1000px
>>91558286
>I'm an adult
That's something only a NotAdult would say
>>
>>91558286
Why don't you WATCH IT FOR YOURSELF AND FIND OUT
>>
>>91558718
duck dodgers is great from around then
>>
>I'm an adult.
Prove it.

also yes, but it get rushed at season 2.
>>
>>91558286
Pic related

It's alright *shrug*
>>
>>91558697
>out of character moments in the finale

Which ones? It's been a while since I've seen the finale, but I can't remember any.
>>
>>91558286
Wendy never becomes interesting, and Mabel never gets any character development.
>>
>>91558683
not a very adult reply there, friendo
>>
File: hirschCropped.jpg (36KB, 313x324px) Image search: [Google]
hirschCropped.jpg
36KB, 313x324px
>>91558810
Stanley has known about the supernatural for 30 years
Stanley has punched zombie to protect his niece and nephew
Stanley, in the middle of a giant robot fight with an elder god, suddenly refuses to believe in the incantation to stop said elder god, and risks his family's life over a grammar correction.
Goofy magic stuff is fine, but internal consistency is important. Hirsch was always going on about how 'this is a series about characters' so out of character stuff really stands out.
>>
Good but incredibly overhyped
>>
>>91558810
>Stanley
>Pacifica
>Bill Cipher in general.
>>
>>91558919
My only guess as to why they made Stan such a jackass for the first half of the finale is so that him heroically saving the day stands out more.
>>
It wouldn't be my first recommendation, but if you're running out of obvious answers to what cartoon to watch and want to watch a cartoon, you can do worse.
>>
>>91559019
Just to see if I've watched them yet, what are some shows you recommend?
>>
>>91558623
without being a manchild about it, you just posted them. Everything after Flinstones was pretty much for kids first so you could only get a good chuckle out of some cartoons.
>>
>>91558942
How was Bill out of character?
>>
>>91559209
Or anything that verged on adult stuff like comic book cartoons or what ever is based off of looney toons like >>91558770
>>
File: BayonettaShuraba.png (214KB, 815x667px) Image search: [Google]
BayonettaShuraba.png
214KB, 815x667px
>>91558286
No
>>
>>91559050
Limiting it just to recent cartoons in the same general demographic (though not necessarily same format), let's see the first things that pop to mind are:
Over the Garden Wall
The Amazing World of Gumball
Wander Over Yonder
Would probably be my first recommendations that come to mind.

After that there's a huge pot of stuff about the same quality as Gravity Falls depending on taste, everything from Starwars Rebels to the big dividers like SU and Star, to slightly less talked-about stuff like Counterfeit Cat and the new Danger Mouse thing.
>>
>>91559271
What's the image relate to?
>>
>>91558286
depends if you like Twin Peaks or not
>>
>>91558623
Rocko's Modern Life and The Angry Beavers
>>
>>91558286
Definitely yes. It's of so high quality, that even adults can enjoy watching it.
>>
>>91560051
>Rocko's Modern Life
It's still fucking jarring to me how Rockos Modern Life is a funny goofy show for a kid but a fucking over-the-top slice of life show for adults. It's still goofy but having been in all the situations the cast gets in to makes the whole cartoon that much more relatable, even if the show takes said situations to ludicrously cartoony extremes.
>>
>>91558286
Sure. Season 2 was rushed and should have been stretched out into a third season, though.
>>
>>91558286
Yes, very good show, and bonus, you won't have to sit through literal months of hiatus now.
>>
It's okay
>>
You're better off just watching season 1 and avoiding season 2 completely OP

The quality drop is massive.
>>
Don't kid yourself, manchild.
>>
>>91558697
I watched it all over the course of two weeks before the finale came out, and there is a quality dip in the last half of s2. It's not as bad as 4chan usually says for reasons you mentioned, but the constant ford drama gets old fast
>>
>>91558286
Are you alright with being spoiled?
>>
>>91558286
No.
>>
>>91561201

This is an adult thread for adult people, there's nothing for you here.
>>
>>91559219
Mostly some people were just disappointed that they didn't seem to know what to do with him, he mostly sat around doing nothing in the finale, made constant dumb mistakes and for a "weird chaotic trickster character" his plan was boring.

It's not really that big a deal or that bad though but he got way too hyped up and the Bill from the AMA Hirsch did is way the hell more interesting than the dumb bad guy from the last two episodes.
>>
>>91558286
depends, do you like loli or shota?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.