[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this correct, /co/ Anons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 23

File: Quips.jpg (958KB, 1080x4783px) Image search: [Google]
Quips.jpg
958KB, 1080x4783px
Is this correct, /co/ Anons?
>>
I don't know, I don't watch movies
>>
>>91528125
yes
>>
I don't understand what kind of point they're trying to make about collateral damage.
>>
I didn't see either these.

In fact, I think the only comic book movie I went to see last year was Deadpool.
>>
>>91528216
It sounds like they're trying to say human life and the loss thereof had actual weight in CW. BVS was just "look at this awesome setpiece we get to destroy! Collateral damage fuck yeah!"
>>
>>91528244
Did you liked it?, I was thinking about watching it
>>
>>91528275
>Show the heavy weight of the loss of human life that occurs in a superhero battle with scenes of the Daily Planet crew struggling to get out of harms way in MOS
>People complain that there's too much damage
>Have all characters intentionally direct conflicts away from people so they don't get hurt in BvS
>People complain that there aren't enough damages

I don't get it
>>
>>91528368
Probably the shitty way it reflects on the criticism of MoS's collateral damage. Director said people are just props so neither you or Superman should give a shit. So for the sequel they chose to come up with a bullshit sandbox excuse instead of proving the director's idiotic and cynical comment wrong.
>>
>>91528125
Im gonna stop at the first panel and say no. The accords have absolutely nothing to do with Captain and Iron Man's finally conflict, hell, Tony breaks them twice immediately after signing. They were only really there to justify calling it Civil War.
>>
>>91528368
Well, off the top of my head there were two possible solutions. The first being that you DON'T do a "It's okay we can see their parachutes" level voice over, the second is that you use the fact that you've got multiple superheroes in your movie to have one of them break off and help get people out of harm's way. There's probably other solutions as well that should've been considered before the "the audience is stupid and doesn't understand this ART" tactic that everyone involved with the movie and its fanbase seem dedicated to using as their first and only argument.
>>
>>91528279
Not him, but I thought it was surprisingly good.
>>
>>91528125
Pretty much.
>Mercy's major contribution to the film was peeing in a jar
I know that's enough for some people, but not for me.
>>
>>91528125

Eh, the panel was more about Bucky than the accords.

The rest is spot on.
>>
>>91528279
I thought it was funny as fuck.
>>
>>91528216

That CW actually reacted to the collateral damage and how relatively minor loss of lives can overshadow a victory.

In BvS they drop a line how the entire area is abandoned so they can have a cool big fight.
>>
>you need to stop taking the law into your own hands!

that had nothing to do with why they were fighting. Batman wanted to kill superman because a ton of people died during the zod fight
>>
>>91528442
They kind of do. The Accords are a culmination of their arcs across the franchises. Steve goes from being a dutiful soldier to being jaded and losing faith in the system, whereas Tony goes from being a freewheeling guy to becoming more and more integrated into the "machine". The Accords are a way to put a milestone on that character development; if this were pre-Avengers they'd likely have switched roles.
>>
>>91528514
You're half right. Bruce wants to kill Clark because he's an idiot that didn't turn on any broadcast stuff during the Zod invasion and doesn't want to listen to anyone or use basic deductive reasoning, but Clark (supposedly, mostly in the uncut version) hates Batman because he's a violent and unhinged vigilante that's too aggressive.

Which IS kind of hilarious since the first time Clark went out publicly 5000+ people died.
>>
>>91528514

I thought Superman wanted to kill batman because he was branding criminals.

Then the whole Martha thing.
>>
>>91528514
I thought his motive was the fear that Superman would one day turn against humanity
>>
>>91528514
>>91528547
>>91528555
>>91528559

What the fuck was this movie about!?
>>
>>91528547
>Which IS kind of hilarious since the first time Clark went out publicly 5000+ people died.
Not because Kal was unhinged or too aggressive. Hell, I wouldn't even call what Kal did vigilantism since he had some level of government clearance to act.
>>
>>91528571
>What the fuck was this movie about!?
about over 2 hours long.
>>
>>91528571

Batman v Superman and the dawn of (the) Justice (league)
>>
>>91528279
I enjoyed it immensely. Thought they were gonna fuck up Deadpool, but it came out great.
>>
Dorkly is still around? How?
>>
I gotta say, the amount of asspain BatVSupes has spawned is on par with the Star Wars prequels. Is it really that bad? The amount of hate I'm still seeing it accumulate is fucking insane.
>>
The blandness and lack of imagination in this comic adequately captures the blandness and lack of imagination in both movies, as well as their being merely adequate at what they set out to do.
>>
Marvel > DC
>>
File: not like marvel.jpg (131KB, 855x496px) Image search: [Google]
not like marvel.jpg
131KB, 855x496px
>>91530057
always
>>
>>91530077
You think you'd want to be Batman, and you should, given the choice; but Marvel will always outpace DC.

Best to stick with a hero that will last the centuries. Iron Man, Spiderman, or some other kind of Marvel -man will get you there.
>>
>>91528615
Holy shit I just got that
>>
>>91528125
>Anyway, piss in this Jar for me, will you?
ok I want to know the context of this line.
>>
>>91528615
What?
>>
>>91530132
a jar of piss becomes a serious plot point in the movie

just one of the many reasons that piece of shit is now the new "Howard the Duck"
>>
>>91528125
I'd say about 50%
>>
>>91528279
It's good hope to see it keeping that ball rolling in the second one.
>>
>>91528125
I agree with best joke
>>
>>91528368
>Show the heavy weight of the loss of human life that occurs in a superhero battle with scenes of the Daily Planet crew struggling to get out of harms way in MOS
>Lois! I caught you. Lets make out over these dead bodies.
>>
>>91530327
At least people died
>Alien invasion of New York death toll was smaller then the average deaths toll in New York
>>
File: 490.jpg (36KB, 479x349px) Image search: [Google]
490.jpg
36KB, 479x349px
>>91530369
>at least Superman didn't act like a hero and minimize casualties
>>
>>91528441
>Director said people are just props so neither you or Superman should give a shit.
Did he really say that? Christ
>>
>>91530386
Don't move the goalpost
>>
>>91530391
The death of one is a tragedy but the death of a million is statistics
>>
>>91530369
New Yorkers are tuff stuff
>>
>>91530391
sure why not
>>
>>91530435
HEY I'M DYING HERE
>>
File: Spiderman-2.jpg (98KB, 550x229px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman-2.jpg
98KB, 550x229px
>>91528368
fine line of intent and context friend.
When the hero just let's shit explode and fires burn it doesn't reflect well on him and the excuse "there are no casualties" because that's still a destroyed city block that was someone's home or business. To give an example Snyder would have directed Spider-man 2's iconic train scene with it jumping off the tracks to a spectacular explosion with Spidy and Ock still battling rather than do something heroic and save people.
>>
File: The Best Part of Waking Up.jpg (25KB, 428x266px) Image search: [Google]
The Best Part of Waking Up.jpg
25KB, 428x266px
>>91530470
>>
>>91530391
It's a paraphrase from the killing Jimmy Olsen interview when he laughs like a 12 year old at how funny it is to troll fans by killing a character as soon as he appears.
>>
>>91530544
Wrong interview it was the complaint of why he did another take on (the 6th to be exact) the Wayne family murder, to which he says they were props for the Martha pay off. And that pisses me off knowing that because it's the most embarrassing scene. Batman has a weakened Superman on the ropes, about to plunge that Kryptonite-tipped spear into his foe's chest, when he hears a name: "Martha." Superman is saying his mother's name in his dying breath, which also happens to be the name of Batman's mom and instead of brushing away what is essentially pure happenstance, Batman flips the fuck out and the pair magically become best bros. The entire basis for what should be the best friendship in any superhero movie centers on a pointless coincidence.
God I just wish Zach would die or something.
>>
>>91528279
its just another crappy super hero movie with the gimmick of being self aware wich gets boring the second time deadpool adresses the audience 5 minutes into it
If you are expecting anything smart, any comedy that works or any comentary on hero movies then dont watch it, its spiderman if spiderman acted edgy, killed people and said a punchline directly into the camera
>>
>>91528368
>everything has to be a 1 or a 10 theres no inbetween
>>
File: Robin's Reckoning part 2.jpg (71KB, 600x1273px) Image search: [Google]
Robin's Reckoning part 2.jpg
71KB, 600x1273px
>>91530589
> the Wayne family murder, to which he says they were props for the Martha pay off.
So he's saying the audience is to dumb to connect the dots? Dick Sebast and Randy Rogel gave kids the befit of the doubt and it lead to a great scene in a robin origin story. Something has seriously gone wrong when cartoon writers for kid shows make better stories than multimillion dollar budget film directors.
>>
>>91530185
No it's not, it's a callback to a throwaway line, you retard
>>
File: 1456345420786.png (183KB, 480x502px) Image search: [Google]
1456345420786.png
183KB, 480x502px
>>91530751
Part of Lex Luthor’s overly-complicated plan to trick Batman and Superman into fighting each other involves getting a Senator heading a committee conducting an investigation into a Superman-related massacre at an African warlord’s compound to grant him a license to import kryptonite to the U.S. When she refuses, shutting him down with a Southern-fried metaphor on the lines of “Don’t piss in a jar and tell me it’s granny’s peach tea,” he instead detonates a bomb in the Senate chamber and frames an injured anti-Superman activist as a suicide bomber to further enrage Batman.
In order to build tension before the explosion, Hunter’s character is shown growing gradually suspicious of a mason jar of liquid that’s been placed where her water glass should be the camera pulling tight on her increasingly horrified expression as she realizes that, yes, Lex Luthor has left a jar of his urine for her as a reference to her put-down in order to scare her just before she blows up.

An entire scene -In a multimillion dollar Hollywood superhero movie- Is constructed around Lex Luthor leaving a jar of his pee on a desk as an in-joke.
>>
>>91530751
>>91530799
Call it whatever you want, It was the most edgiest "fuck you" moment I have ever seen in a film.
>>
>>91528571
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuB5I2qICS8

Batman and Superman have some ideological differences and believe the other one is dangerous to the public. Lex Luthor makes this worse.

Batman has a moment of insight right before he is about to kill Superman, when he discovers Superman's mother has the same name as his. It drives a wedge into his belief that Superman is just some dangerous alien, not a real person.

They then team up to fight Doomsday and Wonder Woman shows up.

In general, it's not a terrible plot but the execution left something to be desired. For example, Superman calling out for his mother by her birth name and not "mom" seems disingenuous and it makes the entire scene feel a bit off.
>>
>>91530799
I just am trying to picture the level of autism you have to have to pee (or pay someone to pee) in a jar and leave it on a persons desk just before you kill them. Isn't that just confirming she was right to question him? The allegory would mean she was being deceived, which I'm not sure why Lex would want to confirm what she already knew about him.
>>
>>91528516
But the main conflict was really about Bucky.
>>
>>91528661
The prequels were flawed but the TFA cocksucking is too much.

The prequels were worse technically but TFA was worse than the prequels story-wise.

Any MCU movie is leagues better than TFA.
>>
>>91530369
I'd rather have that than Lois and Clark kissing while people are pulling themselves up from the ruble.
>>
>>91530369
The Punisher already has a higher body count than all of the Chitauri. But >>91531069
>>
>>91528125
The funny thing about property damage is how the Avengers 1 death toll has been almost gradually retconned lower in response to MoS. Can't have things get TOO heavy.
>>
>>91530799

I love how incisive Luthor's character is becoming day by day. I mean, who could believe that the seemingly irrational, self-destructive narcissist would actually succeed and get exactly what he wanted?
>>
>>91530960
>The allegory would mean she was being deceived

She was being played by setting up the meeting though. When she first gave Lex the peach tea, she followed it up by saying that she wouldn't drink it (Lex's lies) no matter. Putting the jar on her desk during a meeting Lex had planned for with the intention of framing Superman is Lex's final message to her that she's already metaphorically drank the piss thinking it was tea.
>>
>>91528125
All I know is that Marvel is focused on entertainment and DC has his lofty goal of creating a capeshit movie that elevates it above the status of capeshit
>>
>>91530705
TO BE FAIR a lot of people consider BtAS a Pinnacle of writing and direction, as well as a milestone for animation in general.
>>
File: IMG_2879.jpg (45KB, 1200x498px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2879.jpg
45KB, 1200x498px
>>91528125
Whose pee was it?
>>
>>91531094
To be fair the only implication of the death toll was from the seminoncanon daredevil show.
>>91530960
>Lex cures cancer then unsure it to go all big dick on Superboy....his own sisters cancer
>Lex runs for President as a prank
>Lex sets up the Christmas room to rape Superman because he left him
I mean piss seems kinda dirty but the spirit is Luthoresque
>>
>>91531217
and it's almost 25 years old now. I'm not sure that's a standing excuse
>>
>>91528125
Honestly BvS's biggest mistake was marketing as some big fight between Batman and Superman.
IT'S A TEAMUP STORY, ANYONE WHO HAS READ HALF OF ANY TEAMUP COMIC KNOWS THEY DO ONE MISSUNDERSTANDING FIGHT WHERE THEY BOTH SHOE OFF THEIR MOVES THEN REALIZE THEY'RE ON THE SAME SIDE.
Also quirky Lex Luthor will always be a dumb way to play Lex.

That being said I'll still take that over Civil War.
"Five people died in an explosion that prevented a badguy getting biological weapons, also a rock fell on this kid during Ultron's plan to extinct all life on Earth, and 75 people died while an entire alien invasion of one of the biggest cities on Earth. THAT MEANS WE GOTTA BE PUT IN CHECK BY A GOVERNMENT THAT WAS JUST RECENTLY MANIPULATED BY HYDRA AND WAS WILLING TO NUKE SAID BIG CITY.
Also let's have the biggest collection of our heroes to make our viewers realize how pretty much all our heroes are either heads on CGI costumes or normal dudes who require 6 cuts a second to do action moves.
>>
>>91531303
Show off* not shoe off
fuck
>>
>>91531144
That feels more like conjecture then how the narrative played out. Regardless it was a really stupid scene.
>>
>>91531303
Anon, one black kid got shot and it lead to protest across a country.
Hell look at the media buzz Trump got firing missiles at a near empty foreign base site
You seriously underestimate mob mentality.
>>
>>91531303
I mean the movie certainly makes no attempt to make Tonys side seem rational at all and really besides Tony everyone else has kind of a different reason to follow him
>War Machine is his best bro AND a military grunt
>Vision is a robot and was built by Tony
>Spiderman has gotten all his info directly from Tony so he has no real idea what is going on
>Black Panther wants revenge on Bucky
>Widow doesn't even agree with Tony
>>
>>91531275
The battle as presented in The Avengers was fairly catastrophic, though.

People mocked Snyder for putting MoS' death toll at five thousand or whatever it was, but Avengers going below a hundred is just plain dishonest. It makes the MCU feel like it runs on denial.

Then again even Avengers 1 was pretty hilarious about it. All those empty streets with wrecked cars.
>>
File: tumblr_oacgffYXji1sm6qp8o1_500.jpg (46KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oacgffYXji1sm6qp8o1_500.jpg
46KB, 480x454px
>>91531303
BvS's biggest mistake was existing in the first place

this shit might've flown 10 years ago when we had Fantastic 4 rise of the silver surfer and Elektra but not now when we have vastly superior movies

>That being said I'll still take that over Civil War.
oh I see you're just another /tv/ shitposter
>>
>>91531388
The reason it was brought up much more against MoS is because the damage to metropolis is just beyond over the top that it became hard not too be like "wow a lot of fucking people must have died while supes and zod were toppling buildings left and right"
Where as the damage in Avengers just wasn't as severe, the action focused more on what the Avengers were doing and seemed to restrain itself from wider shots like Snyder likes to do so were not seeing half the fucking city in ruins.
>>
>>91531386
Even Tony doesn't really believe in all of this, and is just using the Sokovia Accords as an excuse to wash his conscience of all the deaths Ultron caused in the last movie. And despite all of that, it's still a better reasoning than why the comics Tony was pro-reg.
>>
>>91531388
The difference is that Marvel:
1 - isn't taking itself so seriously and isn't ostensible "deconstructing."; The DC films are trying to build a believable world just like ours which makes the realistic portrayal of catastrophic violence have a far more negative impact. Doubly so when that emotional impact isn't really addressed by the movie (that's why you don't feel like Superman won in Man of Steel - City's still destroyed bro).

2 - Marvel goes out of its way to show the heroes saving individuals as well as fighting, typically with the fighting being mainly a way to get to and save the civilians. In this way even though we may be viewing destruction on a large scale we can feel good about those people being saved in front of us.

It's a clear difference in tone and direction - Snyder may be decent at comic-style visuals but the man doesn't understand human emotion.
>>
>>91531429
See I wish they had focused more on Tonys feelings about Ultron. If his reasoning's for going along with the Accords was because he felt genuinely guilty and blamed himself for Ultron(I mean Ultron was kind of his fault even if Thanos pushed shit along) then people would at least be able to understand why Tony was being such an asshole about it. But they presented his arguments very poorly that they just ended up feeling forced. The "this is my son, he died" scene did not have to happen to make Tony feel guilty about what happened in Sokovia.
>>
>>91531419
>go to see BvS
>movie starts, wonder if it's going to be good or bad
>opens with a guy who must be Jimmy Olsen and Lois talking to turrorists
>guy points gun at Jimmy
>Alright, now Superman's gonna fly down and-
>*bang!* Jimmy gets shot right between the fucking eyes
>Superman shows up late and kills a bunch of people in the process of saving Lois
At least the movie tells you it's going to be terrible in the first 5 minutes
>>
>>91531474
It's also implied that he had a really bad falling out with Pepper between this film and Iron Man 3, and that was also fucking up his mental state and causing him to think more emotionally than pragmatically.
>>
>>91531490
Superman didn't kill anyone at the beginning.
He just was blamed for them being dead despite we all seeing them being killed by someone else.
>>
>>91531471
>1 - isn't taking itself so seriously and isn't ostensible "deconstructing."

People making Marvel movies are actully taking themselves seriously. I mean, it's kind of laughable to assume they're making multimillion dollar movies as a lark. THey make serious and even "deconstructive" statements all the time.
'> (that's why you don't feel like Superman won in Man of Steel - City's still destroyed bro).
>Marvel goes out of its way to show the heroes saving individuals as well as fighting... we can feel good about those people being saved in front of us.

This just sounds kind of sad and silly at the same time. "Movie made me feel bad... maybe Marvel can make be feel good..."

Don't take me wrong, watching superheroes in action can be fun, but you make it sound like you're desperately looking for a fantasy of being saved.
>>
>>91531490

I'm one of the handful people on the planet below 60 who has read Jimmy Olsen comics for fun.

As a Jimmy Olsen fan, I am glad that the fucker died.
>>
>>91531549
Deep down you can't kill Jimmy Olsen.
During some big invasion from aliens a woman will punch out one of the badguys.
She'll then take off her wig and reveal it is Jimmy Olsen, telling everyone to "come with me".
Now days Jimmy Olsen is written as the one character still stuck in Silver Age shenanigans so he could have had a genie's wish to keep him alive.
>>
I didn't even notice that was Jimmy Olsen, and just thought he was this film's CIA before another guy told me about it.
>>
>>91531586

That would also be acceptable.
>>
>>91531419
To be fair, Superman is dead for the moment and Darksied is coming ding ding ding>>91531586
>>91531625
>>91531632
Did they actually name Jimmy?
>>
>>91531524
That's a whole of conjecture and reaching there anon.
>>
File: youllneverseeitcoming.png (421KB, 560x557px) Image search: [Google]
youllneverseeitcoming.png
421KB, 560x557px
>>91531524
>it's kind of laughable to assume they're making multimillion dollar movies as a lark
That's not what that meant you fucking retard. The tone of the films aren't as serious and the consequences aren't as realistic. That's all I was trying to convey. I don't know how the fuck you got "they're not even trying, just making movies for funsies" from a statement about the tone of the movie and it not being a deconstruction.

>Different movies causing different feelings in the audience due to differing tones and content is silly!
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>91531644
in the credits is where we get the name yes.
>>
>>91530667
go to bed E;R
>>
>>91531519
You can't smash someone through a stone wall and not kill them. At least one warlord suffered a severed spinal cord and severe total-body contusions
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>91531670
It's cool it's a cape movie, you can go through any kind of bullshit and be fine.
>>
>>91531726
That's the thing, though, a movie sets its own standard for suspension of disbelief. A movie with a more realistic feel can get away with far less bending of the rules.

The DC movies go for a gritty and realistic tone with fights being particularly brutal - not an environment where the audience can easily go "I'm sure everyone's fine, it's just comic books!"
>>
>>91531726
I know it's because "You can't have a DC universe nowadays without the Joker and Harley", but what's the in-universe for why Batman hasn't killed either of them yet?
>>
>>91528615
>>91528597

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice is about:

>Fallout from an alien invasion of earth (centering around the twin cities of Metropolis and Gotham, just a mile apart, in the move)
>Luthor tricking Batman into fighting Superman by setting Superman up as an inhuman alien
>Superman appearing as an inhuman alien who destroyed a city in his first public apperance
>Batman devolving into and climbing out of being a murderous gun toting criminal branding judge jury and executioner after Harley Quin killed Robin with his own halberd
>Lois Lane investigating Luthors anti-superman conspiracy to make him look like a terrorist by having Luthor mercenaries kill Africans with laser guns
>Luthor creating a clone of himself and General Zod via the Doomsday glitch in kryptonian DNA
>The reappearance of Wonderwoman for the first time since the second world war
>Luthor kidnapping Martha Kent to blackmail Superman to fight Batman
>The Death of Superman
>Luthor destroying the Capitol Building during a senate hearing on Superman
>Luthor contacting Darkseid via Steppenwolf using a Kryptonian cloning machine nanite pool space telaphone
>>
>>91531670
Superman could smash the wall with the guy making no contact and simply have the guy in hand scared shitless.
>>
>>91531035
I dunno i would rather get my dick sucked than be shit on, but thats just me.
>>
File: we just don't know.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
we just don't know.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>>91528571
>>
File: fuckouttahere.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
fuckouttahere.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>91531797
>>
>>91528368
MOS
>Show the death toll, then tenderly make out while standing in Ground Zero of a megadeath even, while ignoring the screams, grief and death that your super hearing is picking up

BvS
>Fight in the middle of a docks district
>"Guys there is no one here, everyone has gone home"

MoS should have shown him actually acknowledging the casualties, made more of a point of him trying to minimise casualties. BvS should have had them take it beyond the city limits with the nuke.

>Nuke blows doomsday out of the city into the hills. Batman flies over there, engages, but Doomsday begins to advance towards the city. Superman dies (if he has to die at all) fighting to keep Doomsday reaching the urban area.
>>
>>91531762
Because he doesn't want to go 100% vigilante taking the law into his own hands.
So he leaves them for the law to take care of, which they weasel out of through insanity pleas.
>>
>>91531762
He didn't have an opportunity when he was going murder happy which was more directed at Superman than general crime. Now he's chilled out to the point he won't even murder the guy who bombed the nation's capitol and played him like a fiddle.
>>91531761
I mean you say that but it's not really "realistic" it's just dark and bleak. Batman builds an exosuit to beat up Superman then they team up with a Demigod to fight Kryptonian Downs Syndrome.
>>
>>91531653
>That's not what that meant you fucking retard. The tone of the films aren't as serious and the consequences aren't as realistic.

Actually the MCU movies are rather grim and bleak. The fact that people tell jokes in them hardly covers that. Like remember when the Avengers creating a robot assistant almost destroyed the world?
>>
File: C70aEhPVQAA17vd.jpg_orig.jpg (57KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
C70aEhPVQAA17vd.jpg_orig.jpg
57KB, 500x498px
>>
>>91531812
But he kills several people in BvS, some of whom were just bystanders who didn't commit a crime. What makes their lives worth less than the man who killed Robin?
>>
>>91531809
>>Show the death toll, then tenderly make out while standing in Ground Zero of a megadeath even, while ignoring the screams, grief and death that your super hearing is picking up

That was the point. It was a tender scene to try to overcome the destruction.

"But Superman needed to strategically listen to the deaths-creams and formulate a rescue plan-"

Lol
>>
>>91531806
How is that unreasonable to believe?
It's fucking Superman. All he'd have to do would keep his arms fully extended to his arms make contact with the wall first to bust it out of the way.
>>
>>91531816
A Robot Assistant that made quips and totally failed to kill that many people in their world destruction.
>>91531852
Timing. That's literally it.
>>
>>91531852
Hmm Fair point.
Perhaps Batman never got his hands on Joker? Ya know Joker always setting up some distracting bomb so he was always out of arm's reach (like begining of Lego Batman).
>>
>>91531243
maybe it was actually peach tea

>>91531644
The actor who played the guy who died at the start was in the credits as something like CIA Agent Jimmy Olsen.

>>91531763
There isnt one, which is a bit of a problem when Batman was totally down for killing Superman over what he could do later right after he saved Metropolis and Gotham from Zod, but isnt down for killing Harley after she killed Robin.

>>91531797
But we saw it on camera my guy, he was holding the guy by his jacket and smashed the wall with his back. No slow-mo, let me knock this wall out the way with superbreath real quick, or anything.
>>
>>91531471
>isn't taking itself so seriously and isn't ostensible "deconstructing."

Though this does kinda make it more frustrating when they do have their "things are gonna get serious for realsies this time" moments since every time they do it's always followed up with a moment that shows there's not going to be any lasting consequences or conflicts from it and/or is quietly swept under the rug in hopes the audience forgets about it.

I don't mean things like death tolls (though things like the MCU seeming to have retconned the death tolls of their films to be borderline-laughably low is certainly part of it) but at least with the Netflix series when characters do end up messing up their personal lives because of their actions it feels like a lasting change, or at least one where we'll see the effort the characters put in to fix those mistakes.
>>
>>91528125
Wasn't Luthors motivation that Daddy abused him but Superman wasn't there to safe him? I thought there was something about that.
>>
File: jay.gif (942KB, 294x197px) Image search: [Google]
jay.gif
942KB, 294x197px
>>91531856
It's fanfiction. We're discussing the actual movie.

>>91531814
TONE. Realistic TONE. For fuck's sake what's wrong with you people?

>>91531816
>The MCU movies are rather grim and bleak
opinion discarded
>>
>>91531852
Harley killed Robin in this cannon.
>>
>>91531833
Wait people complained about Doomsday's design?
Why? He was just created when he first appeared, and by the end of the battle literally looks accurate spiked body and all.
>>
>>91531916
So why not kill her?
>>
>>91531854
>That was the point. It was a tender scene to try to overcome the destruction.
Then it failed miserably, because instead of the audience going "aww he saved lois and they lurv each other!" the audience is going "uhh...superman...probably not the time? People in the background of this scene need help? Hundreds just died horribly in front of you and the audience by being flipped into the air and smeared on the pavement?"
>>
>>91531865
>A Robot Assistant that made quips and totally failed to kill that many people in their world destruction.

AoU is very cynical and bleak, like many other Marvel movies. The heroes are a militarized superhero squadron working for a multinational corporation. The villain rather handily points out that they're ineffectual ("I think you're confusing 'peace' with 'quiet'), and they do spend the movie cleaning up their own mistake.

The focus on rescuing the people at the end is such a transparent PR exercise that it's funnier than any of the quips.
>>
>>91531243
His pee.
In a kinda dumb but previously setup reference to show the senator that he had successfully manipulated them all and had everyone buy into what he was selling.
>>
>>91531905
But that "tone" carries over NOWHERE else. Constantly defying physics, walking off blows that should at least incapacitate them, and shit like that happens all the time without question. Just because Superman is depressed doesn't really mean they wanted to carry that over to the dumb action bits.
>>
>>91531917
probably because he looks like a fucking cave troll from those shitty LotR movies
>>
File: OhBphnr.jpg (44KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
OhBphnr.jpg
44KB, 720x480px
>>91531949
I don't think you know what tone is or how it effects suspension of disbelief.

Have a nice day.
>>
>>91531892
Ya might be right, but I'd have to rewatch the scene to be sure.
I mean it is easily possible to setup that Supes smashes the wall with little harm to badguy, or he smashes him through a wall.
It all depends on what they chose to do, which at this point I'd need to double-check visually.
>>
>>91531905
>opinion discarded

MCU movies are actually very dark and cynical under their friendly exterior. The mainline hero is a libertarian asshole who never overcomes his flaws, and has two movies whose plots mainly revolve around him defending his intellectual property from corporate rivals.

Conversely, DCEU movies are very friendly under their dark and cynical exterior.

>>91531930
>Then it failed miserably, because instead of the audience going "aww he saved lois and they lurv each other!" the audience is going "uhh...superman...probably not the time?

You're assuming weird things. Why do you think the purpose was to make the audience go "aww he saved lois and they lurv each other"?
>>
>>91531960
That is a shitty pic of Martian Manhunter from Supergirl. But yeah that is correct.

Red tornado was arse thought.
>>
>>91531975
I don't think you do. Were you bitching about all the times they fucked it up in Nolanbats?
>>
>>91531960
FOR 5 MINUTES TOPS.
The monster was JUST created, and in true Doomsday accuracy the spines grow from Doomsday being injured and growing stronger from said injuries.
Halfway into the battle he looked COMPLETELY accurate.
>>
>>91528125
Yeah I felt that I enjoyed civil war wayyy more then BvS
>>
File: yl0rLdA.png (1MB, 1150x945px) Image search: [Google]
yl0rLdA.png
1MB, 1150x945px
>>91531980
>guys if you cherrypick random facts that have nothing to do with the tone of the movies you can pretend the movies are dark and cynical!
Cool story, bro

>Kissing lois was a tender scene!
>no it wasn't
>why do you assume it was trying to be a tender scene!?!?
We're done here
>>
File: cringey darkness.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cringey darkness.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>91531980
>Conversely, DCEU movies are very friendly under their dark and cynical exterior.
if only they weren't shit
>>
>>91532029
I can't tell who's being sarcastic trolls anymore.
>>
>>91531917
For me doomsday just looked like a big pile of ugly cgi
>>
>>91531926
Its an actual Problem that he doesnt with all the confirmed kills he has already, and that he hates Joker more than Harley even though Harley killed Robin

>>91531933
In a vacuum it would be weak, BUT it is less bleak than Winter Soldier and way less bleak than any of the DC stuff, especially givent eh amount of the movie spent either looking for solutions to problems (Iron Legion, Ultron etc) or actually saving people in Korea or Sokovia
>>
>>91531763
What the fuck. Thats stupid. This is trolling right. I thought it was just Batman V Superman, Death of Superman, Form the League because Superman died.

Do I need to actually watch this amazing clusterfuck.
>>
>>91532042
That's a debate of whether you can look past said CGI.
Which is a whole different debate.

Personally on the subject I don't see why most movie fans can't look past it when it is noticeable.
I mean there will always be special effects requirements for big unrealistic things.
But after decades of looking past noticeable guys in mechanical costumes or stopmotion, it is CGI that pulls people out of the movie.
I'm sure there's a much more film educated person who could explain why, but I just don't.
>>
>>91531960
Fuck off with your Facebook images. That goes for defenders too.

Have some fucking standards, people.
>>
>>91530077
DC is two logos behind. Update it.
>>
>>91532108
It isn't wrong. Even Savitar looks better than Doomsday.
>>
>>91532088
Uncanny Valley.

Something clearly fake doesn't bother you. Something photorealistic doesn't bother you.

Something ALMOST photorealistic but missing one or two major parts freaks your brain right the fuck out.
>>
>>91530327
Hey guys, let's go get some shwarma!!!!
>>
>>91532055
>Harley killed Robin

No she didn't it, it said that she's a suspected accomplice in the murder of Robin.

Joker did the killing, Harley helped him.
>>
>>91532121
But take your own screenshots, don't use some social media shit.
>>
>>91532019
>guys if you cherrypick random facts that have nothing to do with the tone of the movies you can pretend the movies are dark and cynical!
>Cool story, bro

It's very easy to observe. The Avengers series is about a bunch of people having one big success, then constantly screwing up and falling into infighting.

LIke, have you watched Iron Man 1 & 2? Both are about corporate property struggles. Stane wants to take over Stark's company, which triggers everything that happens in Iron Man 1. In Iron Man 2, Tony Stark is basically engaged in a violent copyright struggle to protect the Iron Man trademark.

>Kissing lois was a tender scene!
>why do you assume it was trying to be a tender scene!?!?

You're confused. The tender scene was not actually meant to have the audience gush about i. It was a tender part of a very bleak scene, so its deliberately ambiguous.
>>
>>91531800
People are sucking TFA's cock

Not having their cocks sucked
>>
>>91532126
Probably this
But I still think people can eventually get used to it and not have it bother them.
>>
File: Icameheretolaughatyou.jpg (150KB, 700x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Icameheretolaughatyou.jpg
150KB, 700x1120px
>>91532135
>this whole post
>>
>>91532163
All the people I know who suck TFA's cock always act like that when they watch or play something they like. I know people who keep sucking Yoko Taro's dick because of Nier Automata. Obnoxious fans are everywhere, not just for The Force Awakens.
>>
Maybe...... maybe......both movies were shit.
>>
>>91528125
>best joke
>footage not found

Does "mmmmm boys" not count as a joke?
>>
>>91531916
She killed him with a cannon?
>>
File: 1492177203810.png (103KB, 1037x941px) Image search: [Google]
1492177203810.png
103KB, 1037x941px
>>91532293
if that counts as a joke you may as well put the entire movie in there
>>
>>91530544
>when he laughs like a 12 year old

we spotted the /tvirgin/ poster
>>
File: 1490417666192.gif (994KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490417666192.gif
994KB, 500x500px
>>91532330
>Thor leading the pack
>A film about Marvel's Thor and Hulk is out pacing in likes and word of mouth over the first film with all the major DC heroes coming together.
what a wild world we live in.
>>
>>91532126
Wait that doesn't seem correct.

I mean if movie came out in theaters that had Reboot levels of CG instead of as good as they can realistic CG, nobody would find that easier to deal with.
I think it is simply people keep holding CG at a higher expected standard than most makers find doable.
>>
>>91532133
>When you want to make a simple point on an image board while talking with someone, instead of quickly finding an applicable image on the internet (when you don't have one already) you should go to your movie shelf, find the movie you're talking about, pop it into the dvd player, start the movie, navigate to the part of the movie where what you would have looked up is at, take a screenshot, compress it down to below the image size limit, and finally use that image
>This is how you should conduct yourself in an age where relevant pictures are readily available
>This in no way is a gross waste of time for the sake of expressing yourself equally to the alternative while talking to someone on a Burmese Shadowpuppeteering Forum
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.