[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to get into comics. Where should I start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1479933043021.jpg (69KB, 340x372px) Image search: [Google]
1479933043021.jpg
69KB, 340x372px
Looking to get into comics. Where should I start?
>>
Start with reading a comic. Works for most people.
>>
And when you're done, read another. That should get you rolling.
>>
>>91527561
Read lucifer.
>>
Megg Mogg and Owl, apparently. The Clementine webcomic is a clear recommendation from there, and I'll toss in Octopus Pie for another drug-related slice of life.

Some comics that are very popular and down-to-earth are This One Summer, Ghost World, and Blankets. For something dark in tone but colorful and well drawn, try Beautiful Darkness.

If your local library has a decent comic selection just thumb through anything with a halfway decent cover and see how it reads
>>
>>91527664
>>91527655
Such le troll XD
>>
Don't read Blankets, Ghost World or any of the crap that guy suggested. Don't go to the library it's full of bums and bed bugs. Read Batman Year One
>>
File: recommendations.jpg (2MB, 2292x2700px) Image search: [Google]
recommendations.jpg
2MB, 2292x2700px
And let your interest and preferences take your further. Lurk /co/ for storytimes. Not all of them are Marvel/DC.
>>
Easy to start with: Bone, Calvin and Hobbes and Maus.
>>
>>91527561
read blacksad/sky doll
>>
>>91527561
Since the only thing you're giving us to go on is Megg, Mogg, and Owl here's a pretty good curated list of comic books that happens to include Megg, Mogg, and Owl.

https://www.comixology.com/Cutting-Edge-Indie-Graphic-Novels/list/16009

Comics aren't so difficult that you can't just find something on your own and read it. You don't need our help, especially if you don't even tell us what you want.
>>
>>91527853
Hey buddy, get fucked.
>>
>>91527835
So you're saying he shouldn't read comics?
>>
Your local library is a decent shot at figuring out what sort of things might interest you. Just keep in mind that a library with a good selection won't keep them all in the same place.
>>
>>91527561
What do you like? Like any media it has a bit of everything in terms of tastes. For example I don't get the appeal of cape comics but love Euro Fantasy comics (than can go from master pieces to really shitty stuff)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.