[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GotG Final Issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8829.jpg (4MB, 3832x2984px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8829.jpg
4MB, 3832x2984px
>Oh no! How are these heroes going to defeat Thanos?!!!!
>By defeating him off-panel.
Clap. Clap. Clap.
Brava, Bendis. Brava. This is truly the Kino of comics.
>>
File: 1491164746079.jpg (65KB, 470x667px) Image search: [Google]
1491164746079.jpg
65KB, 470x667px
>bendis
>multiple awards including eisners

>you
>multiple shitposts including cp

who is in the right here?
>>
>>91515999

The shitposter.
>>
I can't believe Richard Rider died to him! LOL!!
>>
So that's your problem with that page, huh? Not the
>Nova Corps from outta nowhere
You're the problem, OP.
>>
>>91516048
I know you're trolling, but honestly, it's amazing how much Thanos has been jobbing these past few years.

And all because he appeared in after the credits of a movie.
>>
You know, just once, JUST ONCE, I want when the heroes all surround the villain in that "We've already won" moment,the villain lunges forward and kills a couple.
>>
>>91516048
Actually, he killed himself trying to fight Thanos.
That's how Bendis does.
>>
>>91514939
>oh hey you're ruining it

It's like he knows.
>>
>>91515999
OP
>>
This issue epitomizes why I don't like Bendis' storytelling, it always ends with the heroes just winning at the end. No clever plans, no tactics, no last minute gambles, they just whoop the villain's ass.
>>
>>91516141
Can't happen in DC and Marvel, not in the main universe anyway because the writer would be answerable for the deaths. Or just revive them n the next page or just have to undo it somehow.

In a independent thing it might happen but since there'd be no attachment to the heroes it would be looked over and likely just considered edgy for the sake of edge. I do get what you mean though, there's far too much bald faced posturing done these days. You can tell the protagonists are genre savvy and aware they're invincible.

I find even modern wrestling to be more subtle about this sort of thing.
>>
>>91516314
as much shit as the Ultimate Universe was, the fact that anyone could die with (almost) zero revives did add some tension to the stories
>>
>>91516089
Why are the Nova Corps back?
>>
>>91516089
I'm still trying to figure out what Bendis was thinking with that.
Did he hear that Duggan was going to be including yet another Nova Corps in his book and assume they were already rebuilt?
Also, why the fuck is Rich not there for something like this?
>>
>>91516381
I think Bendis must have thought they rebuilt in Nova.
>>
>>91516370
Fair point.
>>
>>91514939
Thanos has a fucking Bane mask on in the second to last panel. Also, boy, what a shitshow this series was.
>>
>>91516370
except they killed all the popular characters off in one book and ruined the entire line.
>>
>>91514939
A shitty ending to a shitty book.
>>
>>91515999
kek
>>
>>91516141
Prime Time?
>>
>>91516158
> he killed himself trying to fight Thanos

The beauty of Thanos Imperative's ending is that it's entirely ambiguous as to whether Rich and Peter survived before the universe collapsed, assuming they died to Thanos cheapens the moment.
>>
>>91514939
For a minute, I thought one of the celebratory panels was gonna end in the caption "this is us...if we'd won..." with the next panel showing everyone wrecked, dead, or unconscious. I can't believe they played that shit straight.
>>
>>91514939
I know I said it after the storytime, but does Thanos look like the Maxx to anyone else?
>>
>>91515999
>cp
W.where?
>>
>>91516381
Best case scenario- Bendis spoiled the next arc out of malice. Worst case- out of incompetence. Guess which.
>>
>>91518464
New 2hu, Clownpiece the flag wearing fairy, do you live under a rock?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.