[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the canonical scientific explanation for how Superman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (185KB, 572x572px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
185KB, 572x572px
What's the canonical scientific explanation for how Superman can fly, shoot lasers from his eyes, and have frost breath?
>>
>>91512824
there isn't one single one

some people say solar energy (which is bullshit, because he'd easily expend far more energy than he could ever have absorbed that way and by eating combined, just flying around)

the Donner movies said "gravity" and depicted Krypton as right in front of a huge red star, which... kind of doesn't suck as explanations go? the idea being that under our smaller, brighter sun he's simply better than us because he's made for high gravity, dim worlds with thin atmospheres

but I'm sure there are others
>>
I always liked the explanation of solar powered psionic powers.
>>
>>91512824
frost breath is easy; you know how compressed air comes out cold? His lungs do that.

Heat vision could be solar power expelled through the eyes.
>>
>>91512824
Didn't they, at some point, explain his ability of lifting objects much bigger than him by some kind of force field that protected the structural integrity of the objects. And then they went "lol no, he really is that strong" and never mentioned it again.
But you can't explain his powers scientifically, they don't make any sense in that context.
>>
Byrne came up with this "tactile telekinesis" garbage that was fucking stupid.

In modern times it's just "because it's a fucking comic book and it's not real".

If you're really too autistic to accept that, then you're autistic enough for the Byrne stuff to make sense to you.
>>
>>91512824
Kryptonforce ain't gotta explain shit
>>