[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 393
Thread images: 32

File: jerry beth.png (862KB, 1665x937px) Image search: [Google]
jerry beth.png
862KB, 1665x937px
>>
fuck beth
>>
Rick.
>>
Rick most of all, for exploiting his daughter's emotional issues, then Beth.
>>
Jerry was in the right since they were on that tiny planet. They tried to make the dumb argument that you don't help someone just to expect something in return, ignoring that fact that Rick is worse than that. He doesn't JUST offer nothing, he actively hurts the entire family.
>>
>>91499265
this
beth is nearly worse than peggy hill.
>>
>>91499267
>>91499296
If Rick was in the wrong, Beth is inherently worse because she enables him and doesn't see him as a problem. Or at least, she loves him, despite all his flaws, far more than she loves Jerry.

Beth is now the worst character in the show, morally speaking.
>>
>>91499248
Beth.
>>
>>91499374
>Person who enables the wrongdoing is worse than the person actually doing it
I mean, Beth is also in the wrong here, but Ricks the one fucking up first and foremost
>>
>>91499248
Jerry

>>91499374
Women with daddy issues usually are.
Dumb cunts.
>>
>>91499248
They're both terrible people who deserve each other. Jerry is a fucking disaster of a human being who drags down the family, didnt give a shit about his family while he kept getting meaningless promotions, and gave Beth an ultimatum in the most child-like way possible. Beth on the other hand is an alcoholic with abandonment issues with her father, who is only with Jerry because she needs someone pathetic to make her feel good about her own life choices
>>
>>91499248
Beth, she enables Rick's continuation to fuck up the family and universe
>>
>>91499248
Jerry /co/ only empathizes with jer bear as he is a reflection of the poster.
>>
>>91499399

Though this is heavily an opinion, I regard enablers as a degree worse than the people who actually commit the acts.
>>
Basically everybody except Jerry.

>Jerry is now the voice of reason
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>91499452
Your opinion is honestly just so confusing to me.
>>
File: 1483878765265.png (70KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1483878765265.png
70KB, 200x200px
>>91499524
If no one enabled degenerate behaviour they wouldn't be able to continue their retarded choices. enablers let others push them around and take inch after inch like the beta bitches they are instead of talking sense and standing up for what's important to them
>>
I don't think many are going to say Jerry, and neither would I, as it's obvious Beth loves Rick more than him, and despite any feelings of love she has for Jerry, she hasn't been IN love with him for a long time. Jerry's clearly still in love with Beth, but I think he realizes her feelings and life with her father has become too much to bear.

Let me play devil's advocate here though and suggest that if Jerry DID embrace Rick, his life would be a lot better. Beth would love him more, his kids would think he was cooler (though not as cool as Rick,) and Rick, asshole that he is, might actually embrace Jerry in turn and give him a little credit.

It's not like anybody actually rejects Rick. Summer, brooding teen that she is, realizes what a badass superhero he is. And as much as he questions him, Morty deep down realizes Rick is extremely capable and damn near invulnerable when he puts his mind to it. And it's true, guy invented a mind swapping machine and took down an ENTIRE GALACTIC GOVERNMENT in the span of a day or so.

Look, the reason Jerry really hates Rick, besides the fact that he's a selfish lunatic who can (and has) gotten his family killed, is because when he was in school and in love with Beth, Rick was every cool, popular, skillful asshole she dated. They treated Beth like shit because they could because they knew they were on another level. Rick does just that as the smartest man in the universe(s.) Jerry knows he's a loser, but he tries. He's hardly flawless, but he knows Rick is just another selfish prick. Whether it's throwing balls far or hopping dimensions, it's the same old shitty attitude. Jerry just can't compete, no matter much he loves or tries to do right by his family.

And that's also why Morty shouldn't ever get with Jessica, because he'll just end up becoming another Jerry.
>>
>>91499851
I hope Jerry gets a sick alimony deal.
>>
>>91499371
whoa there

take it easy

she's not at that level yet
>>
Rick, he stole Jack's time slot
>>
>>91499949
The tears will never end.
>>
File: swtghnsgzndsg.jpg (305KB, 1080x1432px) Image search: [Google]
swtghnsgzndsg.jpg
305KB, 1080x1432px
>>91499851
>I don't think many are going to say Jerry, and neither would I, as it's obvious Beth loves Rick more than him, and despite any feelings of love she has for Jerry, she hasn't been IN love with him for a long time. Jerry's clearly still in love with Beth, but I think he realizes her feelings and life with her father has become too much to bear.
>Let me play devil's advocate here though and suggest that if Jerry DID embrace Rick, his life would be a lot better. Beth would love him more, his kids would think he was cooler (though not as cool as Rick,) and Rick, asshole that he is, might actually embrace Jerry in turn and give him a little credit.
>It's not like anybody actually rejects Rick. Summer, brooding teen that she is, realizes what a badass superhero he is. And as much as he questions him, Morty deep down realizes Rick is extremely capable and damn near invulnerable when he puts his mind to it. And it's true, guy invented a mind swapping machine and took down an ENTIRE GALACTIC GOVERNMENT in the span of a day or so.
>Look, the reason Jerry really hates Rick, besides the fact that he's a selfish lunatic who can (and has) gotten his family killed, is because when he was in school and in love with Beth, Rick was every cool, popular, skillful asshole she dated. They treated Beth like shit because they could because they knew they were on another level. Rick does just that as the smartest man in the universe(s.) Jerry knows he's a loser, but he tries. He's hardly flawless, but he knows Rick is just another selfish prick. Whether it's throwing balls far or hopping dimensions, it's the same old shitty attitude. Jerry just can't compete, no matter much he loves or tries to do right by his family.
>And that's also why Morty shouldn't ever get with Jessica, because he'll just end up becoming another Jerry.
>>
>>91499248
Beth, who is quickly becoming one of my most hated cartoon characters.
>>
>>91499436
Jerry is just a regular guy. Worst thing he did was call that Taddy Mason hotline
>>
>>91499941
Yeah
Beth is leagues worse than Peggy
>>
>>91499447
*upvotes*
>>
>>91499459
He was always the voice of reason, you were just too blinded by how enjoyable Rick was that you never realised just how much he's ruining the lives of the people who love him.
>>
>>91499248
Jerry for trying to split up the family AGAIN. This all started because that speech he gave while Rick was under the house. It's all HIS fault and he's too Jerry to recognize it
>>
>>91499459
> voice of reason
> Pluto is a planet
> Rick would have never have gone to the wedding if it wasn't for Jerry's fuckup
>>
they are probably both wrong, Jerry is just as selfish as Beth, and he can't (or doesn't) see that Rick is the patriarch that overtook him in that role. But honestly, in the end this was bound to happen. They just used Rick as an excuse to finish their failed marriage I believe, Beth knows she deserves better, and Jerry can't cope with being so inferior to Rick.

Jerry is overall pathetic and not a good figure for his children, Beth has daddy issues and isn't able to tell how destructive Rick is with everyone around him. They are really human though, and that's what's really cool about the dynamic. Instead of trying to make them grow up out of nothing, which would make no sense, they took the childish but realistic decision of breaking up. Jerry gave an ultimatum when they were in the small planet, and he followed with it, Beth didn't betray his father either.

You can't blame either though, the bar is set too high for Jerry, and he isn't competent enough to improve. Beth is too emotionally damaged to grow up and look at things with perspective, and she also doesn't respect Jerry enough. Summer and Morty represent their fathers too, especially Summer's idealization of Rick.

Gotta be honest though, I didn't expect the series to be good in terms of character development, but it's pretty fucking great.
>>
>>91499436
>Jerry is a fucking disaster of a human being who drags down the family, didnt give a shit about his family
Nice headcanon, retard.
>>
>>91499248
Everyone. None of them are emotionally healthy individuals. All of them have their egos in the way of their relationships. Whether it ends in divorce or not, it doesn't matter because they'll find reasons to be miserable anyway. Neither of them are intelligent enough to realize how narcissistic they are and how vapid all of their human relationships are.

They do not know or understand how to be in a relationship with anybody, even their own children. They can't even decide if they should get a divorce or not, because their relationship was never sincere to begin with.
>>
>>91500215
It was the alien UPS thing's fuck up.
>>
>>91500179
>Jerry for trying to split up the family AGAIN
How is that a bad thing? Rick is a fucking monster. An evil monster
>>
File: 1477697061054.jpg (24KB, 480x374px) Image search: [Google]
1477697061054.jpg
24KB, 480x374px
Jerry because he is a pathetic beta faggot
>>
>>91500280
Really?
>Didnt work too hard finding a new job, basically begging his own daughter for cash
>Will constantly pussy out to save his own skin
>Didnt care that his wife was drinking herself to death over her career being over nor the fact that she/Summer were still upset about Rick, just because he had a nothing job that paid in pills
>>
>>91500233
>>91500313
wew lad

It's real Armchair Psychology hours
>>
File: IMG_2293.jpg (47KB, 757x502px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2293.jpg
47KB, 757x502px
>>91500280
>Headcanon

Jerrys pathetic, stop defending him just because he's the only one who hates Rick
>>
>high school gf has her father leave her
>daddy issues
>still gets with you anyways
>oh fuck teenage pregnancy
>be a bit of a fuckup but don't actively sabotage family
>try hardest to be a good husband and dad
>always look a little tryhard
>usually wind up failing but know you're not a total loser because you've come in clutch on rare occasions
>deadbeat father-in-law comes back
>never says why he came back, or what he wants with your family
>wife is in love with him
>kids are in love with him
>the longer he stays, the worse you look
>father-in-law begins to actively harm family in all sorts of fucked up ways for fucked up reasons that ultimately leads back to the status quo
>has killed, betrayed, or tortured your family in multiple dimensions multiple times
>never feels remorse for it, you don't even know who's who anymore
>the longer he stays, the more of a dick he becomes
>the more of a dick he becomes, the more your wife and children grow to hate you
>pushed out of entire life and family because deadbeat father-in-law has created a cult and your loved ones fell for it hook, line, and sinker
>NEETS on a Cambodian yodeling agency call you a deadbeat loser as they autistically screech in an effort to distance themselves from the only character shown to be normal or average
>vilified for being mediocre and trying your best to beat that mediocrity
Jerry did nothing wrong; even if it's just a fucking cartoon, every anon should realize that extended family and their habits WILL come back to bite you in the ass if you aren't careful

watch where you stick your dick
>>
>>91499851
jerry has every reason to believe that rick would get him killed if he stayed.
morty literally tried to murder rick in the same episode.
>>
Jerry is a spineless moronic piece of shit.

He is literally the worst humanity has to offer.
>>
File: 1491004755316.gif (2MB, 250x172px) Image search: [Google]
1491004755316.gif
2MB, 250x172px
Can someone explain to me why people like this show? It seems like reddit trash to me.

I watched a couple of random episodes that I got recommended to me and I just hate the protag, he seems like what fedora tippers would imagine themselves as, an obnoxious 2deep4u pot-smoking nihilist atheist.

Does this show have any redeeming qualities?

I'm still angry this shit gets more attention than Venture Brothers, which is vastly superior, this isn't saying much as VB pretty much be
>>
>>91501101
you seem to have set your mind already
I don't think arguments can convince you

But maybe people think the show is funny and has a spin on the sci-fi thing, plus the characters have a lot of personality
>>
>>91500954
Jerry's biggest mistake is being a dumb coward. That makes him the least shitty person on this show by a huge margin.
Beth is willing to split up her family and KNOWINGLY puts them in danger by keeping Rick around. Shes a selfish asshole who will do anything to keep her ego intact and is more afraid to lose her dad than her family.
>>
>>91501350
it's not like Summer likes his dad more than Rick though, I'm pretty sure she is ok with the divorce
Morty seems to be the only one that cares about Jeff, and mostly for moral reasons rather than thinking his dad is great
>>
>>91499248
Jerry is wrong because he's an idiot that hates Rick and wants to get rid of him any chance he can and,

Beth is wrong because she is so dependent on her father Rick and will literally overlook anything he does to keep him in her life.
>>
>>91501443
whoops, I meant to write Jerry instead of Jeff
>>
>>91501448
Why is it wrong to want to get rid of Rick? If not for Rick half this crazy shit would not have happened.
>>
>>91499248
Not every situation has a wrong.

Beth wants her family, even if that's going to be crazy, and that includes Rick.

Jerry wants a happy, simple, stable life, and that can't possibly include Rick.

Neither is wrong, they want different things out of life.
>>
>>91501448
>wanting to get rid of a crazy, self-destructive genius sociopath who has consistently proven himself to be a cancer on anyone in his life somehow makes Jerry wrong
>>
Rick's meme power is so strong, it actually affected the mongoloids in this thread
>>
>>91499248
As a rule, the one in the wrong is usually the one who makes someone choose between two people.
But seeing as Rick sorta orchestrated thr whole situation, gonna have to go with Rick.
>>
>>91499452
I find your judgement quite questionable, anon.
>>
>>91501648
there is literally nothing wrong with asking Beth to choose. her need to keep rick around has literally killed and stranded her family in multiple dimensions.
>>
McDonalds was for removing that fucking McNugget sauce
>>
>>91501648
There's literally nothing wrogn with making Beth choose between her stable and supportive husband who has repeatedly proven himself to have her back when push comes to shove and a psychotic mad scientist who routinely destroys everyone's lives in the pursuit of dipping sauce and anus rocks.
>>
>>
>>91501648
>As a rule, the one in the wrong is usually the one who makes someone choose between two people.
Nah

>>91501659
Shut it, enabler
>>
>>91499371
Peggy wasn't the primary bread winner, and Hank wasn't a moron.
>>
>>91501768
Jesus Christ, seriously?
>>
>>91501768
Clay.

Obviously.

Anything Bloberta did pales in comparison to what a fundamentally garbage excuse for a human being Clay was, is and continues to be.
>>
>>91499248
Both. All of their personality flaws led to this.
>>
>>91501854
>Clay.
Wrong
>>
>>91499371
Beth is far worse than Peggy.

Peggy usually acted in the best interests of Hank, Bobby and Luanne and was usually led astray either by her own fragile ego or her ignorance. She never set out to intentionally hurt the people closest to her like Beth does with her snide remarks and she never through the stability of her family unit completely out the window for her own selfish reasons.
>>
>>91501768
almost all of clay's shittiness stems from something bloberta did.
she ignited his alcoholism.
she had an affair.
she gave birth to another man's child.
>>
>Jerry just wanted a normal life with a normal wife, son and daughter along with a decent job.
>Both kids go to college and get out.
>Jerry and Beth grow old.
>Retire
>Possibly grandkids
>Die a nice death in a nice age.

Jerry is fucked only because he forced to be with Beth by order of the entire multiverse. The only time he is happy is when Rick breaks the multiverse and allows him to get divorced from Beth or he hangs around himself.
>>
>>91501907
>W-WOMEN REEEEEEE

Clay shot his fucking son and then blamed him for it. And don't try and pin his shitty behaviour on Bloberta, because the show made it clear that he was always a shitty person who just hid it behind the veil of godliness.
>>
>>91499436
>gave Beth an ultimatum in the most child-like way possible

In his defense Jerry had put up with a ton of bullshit up to that point.
>>
File: rick.jpg (75KB, 396x415px) Image search: [Google]
rick.jpg
75KB, 396x415px
>>91499248
morally and ethically jerry was right, but jerry sucks so fuck him
>>
>>91501916
Bloberta and alcohol didn't corrupt Clay.

They just revealed who Clay really was all along.
>>
>>91501942
>>91502005
Calm down, tumblr
>>
>>91502039
>tumblr

So you had no argument. Pretty sure Bloberta says that verbatim anyway
>>
>>91502085
>Pretty sure
So you don't know
>>
>>91500085
Peggy aborted Kermit child without him knowing.
>>
>>91502132
Beth is still worse
>>
>>91502039
>Tumblr!

The show itself established that this was the truth behidn Clay's personality. If anything, it's the writers who are "Tumblr" and, in that case, why even bother discussing the show since it's everything you stand against?
>>
>>91500013
jesus FUCK that is a weird arrangement
imagine going to watch a movie on your screen while another person looks at their screen at the same time
>>
>>91502122
What a shitty non-argument. Also, 5 seconds of google confirms it. Just accept your loss and quit embarrassing yourself anon
>>
>>91502220
The only one embarrassing themselves is you

Everyone with a brain knows how manipulative Bloberta is and how her actions were detrimental to basically everyone in town

If you honestly can't see that, then there's no hope for you
>>
>>91502155
who dude. I would argue but it seem that you already made your mind.
Also because dubs CHECK'EM.
>>
File: QQ7xjsq.jpg (97KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
QQ7xjsq.jpg
97KB, 854x480px
>>91502265
Was being a shitposting faggot a part of your plan all along?
>>
>>91500495

This. He locked Beth out the car with that crazy guy. Rick would have blasted him
>>
>>91499248
> all the beta cucks self inserting as Jerry and trying to defend him
>>
Jerry shouldn't have made an ultimatum he wasn't totally ready to follow through.
But blame in order goes Rick, Beth, Jeery
>>
I hope Beth is ready. Jerry has been shown (via that multiverse headset) that he doesn't need Beth, and she's the one holding him back, not the other way around. This divorce will (hopefully) force Jerry to nut the fuck up and get some self respect.
Well, that's what good writers would do. I'm sure the R&M crew will keep the status quo for Jerry, because the show needs a punching bag apparently
>>
>>91502535
Go to bed, Rick
>>
>>91499248
Shouldn't Jerry just take the kids, tell cps their mother refuses to live without her father who constantly jeopardizes everyone's lives, & demand Beth provide child support?
>>
>>91502132
Peggy Hill had an abortion?!?
>>
>>91499588
If no one committed degenerate behavior, then no one could enable them.
>>
>>91503669
Then Rick would just kill everyone and potentially Jerry too, its not a good risk to take
>>
>>91503744
I don't think Rick would kill the family he claims. Couldn't he have killed Jerry at any point? Rick has the ability, but he knows killing Jerry would ruin his relationship with Beth.
>>
>>91503669
> Jerry smart enough to think ahead
>>
>>91502604
I wonder if we're about to find out that Beth's got more than a little of Rick's genius. We've seen hints from time to time.
>>
>>91503669

Rick has all the power here. Calling CPS wouldn't do shit. The only one who could really influence Rick's behavior is Beth, but she won't do that and Jerry isn't smart enough to convince her.
>>
>>91503921
She's a horse doctor. She's got something
>>
>>91499248
Jerry and Beth have a codependant relationship. That's bad. They kind of needed to get over eachother, so that Jerry can grow a spine, and beth can stop being held back.

That said... they broke up not because of mutual differences, but because of rick. And Beth just plain ol has a dependent relationship with rick. All give and nothing in return. So her going from Jerry to rick. Much worse.

I maintain that 'Yay' they broke up might be good for both of them.
>>
>>91502604
>Beth with Jerry horse surgeon
>Beth without Jerry surgeon
They hold each other back they're a codependent mess and should never have gotten together to begin with.
>>
I hope Summer shows up more this season shes my favorite character
>>
>>91499248
Beth. She was shit talking Rick in the first scene she was in on that episode. Then when he comes he's immediately forgiven. I mean, I understand the reasoning behind it, but it's still a huge bitch move
>>
>>91499851
>Rick was every cool, popular, skillful asshole she dated
This is... pretty damn perceptive. I mean it also plays into well, rick straight up despising jerry too, on the principle that jerry is congealed mediocrity.
>>
>>91499248
Beth. She had literally just apologized for indulging Rick, and said that she would never let him go, and as soon as Rick arrived, she started clinging to him again. Jerry was just finally putting his foot down. He tried to make her choose for all of their sakes. Rick being around them has frankly speaking been horrible for their family, from the first episode where Jerry believes Rick is ruining Morty's school performance, and wants to put Rick in a home, and only stops believing this because Rick tricks him using Morty's temporary intelligence.

And Beth decides to respond to this not by sticking with the man who's supported a family with her for 18 Years, but the deadbeat dad who abandoned her for a huge chunk of her life and then randomly decided to come back and bum off of them. As the series has gone on, her issues have become more and more clear to see. Not that Jerry doesn't have his own neuroses, but it mostly seems like it's Beth's that are tearing the family apart.
>>
File: IMG_1666.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1666.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>
Well, Beth can't build up the will to confront Rick in any meaningful way, which is a huge fuck-up considering the incomprehensible damage he causes everywhere he goes. Jerry has every right to be outraged about this. But he's Jerry and he approached the situation in a divisive and hot-headed manner, showing little concern for the issues Beth is clearly struggling with.

Basically, they both fucked up bigtime
>>
Rick, Beth, then Jerry in that order. Rick orchestrated the entire conflict in the first place, having manufactured it from the start by being an amoral terrorist. It's clear enough that he sees pretty much everyone around him as easily replaceable, so why would he take the time to be humane?

Beth is intelligent enough to realize that Rick is an extraordinarily harmful presence for her family, but chooses to let her abandonment issues take the forefront instead of their long-term safety.

Jerry? He tried to fix a complex and temperamental issue using ultimatums, which is rarely (if ever) a good idea. Even pointing out that Rick is likely to get everyone in the family killed (and has likely done so several times before) here and there would be more effective than trying to get someone with dependency issues to sever their burden immediately. Should have played a longer game, or better yet, gotten Beth to see a therapist. Could see one himself too.
>>
>>91501768
Well... in terms of the two of them being in a dead end, self loathing, destructive marriage. Bloberta is at fault. She basically tricked clay into marriage because all her friends and sisters were doing it too...

That said marrying bloberta didn't make clay a bad person. He's been a selfish emotion sucking, hateful person since childhood. As a kid he was a little spoiled brat, and while his mom spoiled him, but as soon as he found out "he wasn't her only child", he did this whole 'test her love' thing by faking suicide, which well ... killed her. Him and his dad never engaged emotionally, but he sought out abuse, again as a sort of "prove you love/hate me" kind of thing.

And yeah, he's pretty much taken his weird attitude about how families work. All of the things he does are like, as if he's only heard about how it works, not experienced first hand.
>>
>>91501101
I don't know why I'm replying so late, but I really don't think Rick is meant to be someone you like in a normal way. I like him for being an entertaining character, but he is an absolutely abysmal person. Anyone who thinks they're just like Rick is a faggot.

And yeah VB is way better but that's not a fair reason to hate the show. If I hated every show that isn't as good as Venture Brothers, I'd hate every show that's not Venture Brothers.
>>
>>91499248
Jerry, he tried to outdick rick in the first place
>>
>>91504098
Gendo.

although Yui isn't blameless. there's hints that she knew the contact experiment would suck out her soul and specifically arranged for Shinji to bear witness to her transmigration
>>
>>91504098
Gendo is a cunt
Yui put her pussy on crazy
Shinji is a pussy because his cunt father left him to do 'lol science and religion stuff lololololololololololo'
Rei is a clone who hates life
Asuka is a bitch on her period 24/7 and won't explain why she acts like that

MISATO IS BESTEST GIRL ALL TIME NO DENY BEST.
>>
>>91499248
Beth, then rick, then jerry
>>
File: 1489921315700.png (832KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489921315700.png
832KB, 1000x1000px
I swear if you'd bring somebody not familiar with the show into these threads they'd think it's some mind-numbing family drama for middle-aged ladies.

Who was in the wrong? You for giving two shits about a romance subplot in Rick & Morty of all things.
>>
>>91499248
First Rick for manipulating the divorce and the Beth for a cunt with an electra-complex.

Hopefully Jerry will do better without her.
>>
>>91501101
season 1 is good, and absolutely better than any VB shit

Season 2 and on of rick and morty has lost it

also

>watched a couple of random episodes lol

do things right or not at all, before making your retarded opinions,
>>
>>91504515
its not a "romance" subplot. its a "unstable family" subplot. the focus is on their crumbling marriage, not their love for each other.
>>
>>91504339
Go to bed, Sean Spicer.

>>91504098
Yui, Yui, a thousand times Yui.

She opposes Seele's goals, and realizes she's living on borrowed time before she commits suicide by way of two gunshots to the back of the head. So her big plan? Leave no record of her plan, transform herself into a subhuman/posthuman monster to attain godhood, and then peace out off the planet to be an eternal monument to humanity's existence.

If she had at least left Gendo or Fuyutsuki a fucking note explaining that this is what she wants and she expected them to take care of Shinji and further her dreams of stopping Third Impact, everyone would be a lot better off.

But in her role as the all-loving ur-mother, she expected the best out of everyone, and things went to shit when everyone inevitably failed to meet those standards and she wasn't around to help anymore.

Yui is the one in the wrong for expecting anyone in Evangelion to deal with trauma in a healthy and productive manner.
>>
What if they're not really splitting up and they're just tricking Rick for some reason?
>>
>>91505323
>Beth has a master plan in action to get Rick to fuck off
>Her reconciling with Jerry just a minute before Rick popped out of the portal was genuine
>End of the season will be a big middle finger to Rick when it all unfolds on him and he gets out-meme'd by his own daughter
yes please
>>
>>91501448
any sane person would want to get rid of Rick after seeing all the shit he puts people through
>>
>>91500495

beths gonna drink herself to the grave one way or another. even if she got all she ever wanted, she'll never be happy. and her careers over? i dont think she gave a shit about her and others throwing it in jerrys face that he didnt have one. she could have moved on but rather drown herself in drink crying about daddy.
>>
>>91499851
Morty has more spine than Jerry. Not that much more, but enough.
>>
>>91501443

summer regards rick as a hero, a man she looks up to. shes already on the rick train.
>>
>>91499248
Anyone that doesn't think jerry is in the wrong is probably an IRL jerry.
Unemployed, spineless, incapable of pleasing a woman.
>>
>>91501768
BLOBERTA. I defy ANYONE to claim otherwise. There's no possible justification for thinking it's Clay's fault.
>>
>>91501768

clay was a fucking terrible person, but bloberta helped enhance all of his terrible qualities. they fucking deserve each other
>>
>>91505661
I heavily relate to Clay. Please don't bully me. I don't have a Bloberta. I can still pass as good.
>>
>>91499248
Beth was right.
This is not a good marriage.
They'd both be better off with other partners.
>>
>>91499248
Beth

>>91499296
It's Beth's fault for being so weak.
>>
>>91505639
Morty's actually a brave motherfucker by this point.
>>
>>91505664

if you relate to him, then you need to seek help though therapy and not pussy. the latter will take you to some fucked up places

>>91505687
incredibly. he constantly calls rick out on his shit. and not in a passive teenage angst way like summer does

speaking of summer, what the fuck was her deal in the stand off in the premiere? why did she jump down mortys neck when she wasnt in on the plan either?
>>
>>91505720
She's been establish to have a long standing complex about where she fits in the family. Most recently that has manifested in a need for Rick's acceptance.

This has been established over multiple episodes in Season 2.`
>>
>>91505742

so she sides with the man that aimed a gun at her over the one that aimed a gun at the man aiming a gun at her....

shes gonna ruin some poor mans life like her mother, or shes gonna find one hell of an abusive prick like her grandfather. im not liking her odds
>>
>>91505785
She knew he was faking
>>
>>91505808

no she didnt. she hoped he was.
>>
>>91499248
Beth.
>>
>>91501768
Yes.
>>
>>91499296
True. Rick straight up told Morty he orchestrated everything to get rid of Jerry and his "Oh I'm so sorry, sweetie! I hope it wasn't anything I did!" was so transparent.

Rick is amoral. What else is new, I guess.
>>
>>91499436
I would have reacted the same way. Not a moment ago they agreed to start putting their relationship and kids above Rick and reaffirmed their love... only for Rick to show up and Beth to immediately renege, rush into his arms and beg him not to leave her again.

Fuck her. Even a beta like Jerry he could see that she was never going to stop choosing Rick and decided to give her an ultimatum.
>>
>>91503736
>>91499588
It's a chicken and egg situation. Enabler and enablee have a symbiotic relationship. They are both at fault and can only blame themselves for their actions and weak natures.
>>
>>91499851
> Rick was every cool, popular, skillful asshole she dated
Is this canon or your reverse Oedipus headcanon?
>>
>>91499374
>the alcoholic mom who raised two dysfunctional kids and consistently puts them in danger by allowing her father back in their life
>>
>>91501914
Peggy is gratingly arrogant but nowhere near as bad a parent or person as Beth.

You could argue that like Jerry, Hank is also a spectacularly mediocre person but the difference is he's found satisfaction in his seemingly dead-end job and his wife doesn't treat him like she's too good for him.
>>
Do you not like something? Then follow this simple underage newfag flow chart!

>is it popular?
>if no, then it's hipster kinofag garbage
>if yes, then it's cuck redditfag garbage

Congrats, you can now shitpost 24/7, just like this anon right here! >>91501101
>>
>>91506473
>implying this is news to me
>implying Scott Pilgrim wasn't hipster garbage before this kino shit began
You wanna talk about newfags eh?
>>
>>91500215
Pluto is a planet though
>>
>>91506414
Electra complex is the word you're looking for.
>>
>>91501768
I guess technically the marriage was Bloberta's fault since she simply married someone for status and peer pressure rather than love but Clay was already a completely screwed up person who should never have married.

In a larger sense it's the fault of the hyper-restrictive society they live in which emphasizes marriage, monogamy and tradition above personal happiness.
>>
>>91499248
It's it confirmed that Beth stayed with Jerry because he was easy to manipulate and she could control him and not have to fear him leaving her like Rick did?

Their whole relationship is tangled up in daddy issues and child abuse/abandonement and then she chooses to go with her father? Beth is a lost cause regardless of what kind of person Jerry is.
>>
This is good right? A show that created discussion and actual thought. It's not just stupid shit for laughs. Right?
>>
>>91506695
>child abuse
Hello tumblr
>>
>>91506712
The fans unironically love Rick as much as Beth and the rest of the family does. They are huge morons who also unironically hate Jerry.

It's honestly more hilarious than any "MR POOPYBUTTHOLE SHIT ON THE FLOOR WUBALUBADUBDUB GOD AND LOVE ARE NOT REAL" joke in the show will ever be.
>>
>>91506734
Pretty sure abandoning your child is child abuse.
>>
>>91506748
No, silly. It's child neglect.
>>
>>91506748
>left child with other parent
>or in care of government
>or in any method that isn't literally leaving it abandoned on the side of the road
>abuse
You're a real cracker.
>>
>>91506735
I think most gfans know rick is a deplorable humanbeing, it makes the show enjoyable, sort of like archer being a terrible humanbeing makes his show enjoyable.
>>
>>91506765
>>91506753
I love this discussion. We're arguing over whether child abandonment is abuse or not.

Fucking kek
>>
>>91506782
It's not. It's neglect. Learn what words mean.
>>
>>91506656
It so often comes down to the people in these bad marriages not being interesting people on their own. No hobbies or interests or aspirations. So they get married because they think it's what they're 'supposed' to do, only to find a few decades down the road, they're in a loveless relationship they weren't all that invested in to begin with, working their lives away at monotonous, meaningless jobs to pay for the lives they aren't enjoying.

You have to be comfortable and satisfied with yourself before you get married. Getting married and having kids won't fix you.

And it goes without saying, you should marry someone because you love them and want to be with them. Bloberta is the classic case of 'you'll do' only to find herself married to someone she can't stand. Beth and Jerry got pregnant and again, decided to do the proper thing and keep the baby and get married even though that isn't what either of them wanted.

I find this kind of stuff interesting. My father attempted suicide a few years back and it comes down to a lot of the reasons above. This analysis of fictional marriages is my way of rationalising it, I think. I hope my therapist is ready to hear a lot about Moral Orel and Rick & Morty.
>>
>>91506735
Rick is and always was amoral and I wouldn't want shit to do with him irl but he's super entertaining and fun to watch as a character. Same thing with Archer, Cartman, Archie Bunker etc.
>>
>>91501101
>uses getty images
>talks about le reddit trash
anon, I...
>>
>>91506881
Who are you quoting?
>>
Jerry is the worst and should be Seasons 3 Big Bad (through sheer incompetence).
>>
>>91503978
Nah being a vet isn't quite inventing interdimemsional travel. Or even studying a hard science to be fair. Mostly just memorisation and not having spastic hands
>>
>>91501101
That's because Rick is the antagonist when you look at the big picture.
>>
It's going to be hilarious when Beth realizes there's nobody left she can act superior to.
>>
Beth will be miserable during season 3, while Jerry will be happier.
>>
>>91508175
Her kids.
>>
File: dontbeanattentionwhore.png (726KB, 1174x653px) Image search: [Google]
dontbeanattentionwhore.png
726KB, 1174x653px
>all this "beth" and "rick"
pathetic

Jerry made a stupid ultimatum in a situation where no sane person would take his side. He fucked himself and has no one to blame but himself.
>>
>>91508339
Morty is more experienced and capable than her with Rick's bullshit and Summer won't take any shit from her. Talking down to Jerry was the only thing keeping her going.
>>
File: Al and Eddie nosound.webm (2MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Al and Eddie nosound.webm
2MB, 720x540px
I still find those funny.
>>
>>91501101
I hated the dhow on ep1. Then i watched the purge episode. It was a neat standalone, and it was not rick fucking things up with plot armor for plot convenience.
>>
Remember when Jerry left Beth to the murderous whims of a broken-bottle wielding Hobo?

Remember when the monster he created took over a therapy centre and he told Beth to go find her own hiding place?

They're both shit in their own way.
>>
>>91502205
Your neck would be absolutely destroyed by the end of it, too. Just craning your neck a little to the left for extended periods of time can hurt, let alone fucking 90 degrees.
>>
>>91508723
Deep down he wants her dead.
>>
>>91508342
Also bare in mind that Jerry only supported the Galactic Federation government because he was getting an easy, free meal ticket from them. Everyone else was miserable for one reason or another. Jerry would gladly sell out the Human race for some personal success, which he didn't earn at all.(he didn't even know what he did at work)
>>
>>91499248
Rick, for being a manipulative, selfish sociopath.

Beth, for being a lazy coward.

Jerry, for not being worth keeping. He's honestly a piece of shit - too stupid and lazy to get a job, fakes interest in his kids to bum money, constantly emotionally manipulating his family or lying to make up for his own inferiority complex and well-deserved self-loathing.
>>
>>91499447
>only person in the family (besides Morty) who genuinely cares for the rest of the family

>All decisions he makes aren't for his own benefit, but for the benefit of his kids/wife

>Willing to sacrifice himself for his family.

>Goes from beta to Alpha when they're in danger.

You think too highly of us
>>
>>91509620
>>Goes from beta to Alpha when they're in danger.
maybe 30% of the time
>>
>>91509620
>beta to alpha when they're in danger
Fuck no, the only time he's ever gone "alpha" was in cronenburg universe.

Why? Because he thought someone was fucking his wife. It took him sperging out over possible cheating to the point of wanting to murder Beth's co-worker for him to grow some balls.
>>
>>91508856

if that was the case, he would have just walked away with no ultimatum, content with knowing that rick will destroy her in the end. i mean its gonna happen now anyway, but he was trying to save her from herself
>>
File: Eggman is Hatching.jpg (92KB, 277x256px) Image search: [Google]
Eggman is Hatching.jpg
92KB, 277x256px
>mfw Jerry improves his life without that albatross around his neck and Beth tries to get in on the adventures and is rebuked.
>>
>>91509843
>>91508856
>he's trying to save her herp derp!
He's just an emotional little cunt who couldn't handle Rick coming back.

I bet you're the kind of moron that took the rambling crazy speech at the end literally
>>
>>91509927
What;'s he going to do for a job? Do you really think not being around Beth is going to magically cure him of his insecurity, weakness, incompetence, stupidity, cowardice, etc...?
>>
>>91505416
It'd be cooler if Jerry planned something though, since Beth is the new Peggy Hill at this point.
>>
>>91510000
>since Beth is the new Peggy Hill at this point.
explain
>>
>>91510153
Lots of people hate peggy hill for being stuck up and ignorant

Because this board has been invaded by /pol/ and /adv/ and /r9k/ fags who are so incredibly insecure that they only identify with pieces of shit like Jerry and hate women they're trying to push the idea that everyone hates Beth.
>>
>>91507748
Not sure which poo in the loo country you're from, but most trusted vets need at least a pre-med degree to practice Vet Science in western countries. A horse surgeon would more than likely still have done a PhD.
>>
>>91510188
they're both shitty people though
>>
Honestly if Jerry weren't such a nice guy he'd point out that Beth was promoting a scenario where her kids will grow up without a dad, so maybe the problem father figures don't last long around her is because she's so shit.
>>
>>91509945

at least watch the episode before shitposting dude
>>
>>91499851
While I agree with most of this, Jerry *doesn't* try.

Honestly, without getting into the fun of the character, Jerry is more pathetic than his son, and Morty certainly tries. We've seen him argue with Rick and actually act on his own, even though he often fails, he can at least learn from his mistakes and has (if typically at gunpoint) forced Rick to behave or work out a solution.

To his Credit, Jerry has come through three times but all of them are with drawbacks or conditions:
-Cronenburg Jerry (who seems to be an anomaly as ever other Jerry turns into a pathetic sad sack, even the successful Hollywood Jerry,)
-The time Jerry tricked his way into helping Beth save that deer (and even despite this, he constantly puts down Beth's occupation *despite the fact he has no job and is partly to blame for her not being a "real" doctor*)
-He saved his and Beth's lives during the Marriage counseling episode but even then, literally everything points to this being a bad relationship.

Honestly, try to show some fucking perspective on Beth's part. I'm not saying she's innocent because she can certainly harp on Jerry like the best of them, but for fuck's sake. She was talked out of an abortion by the guy who got into her pants and talked her into having sex without a condom in the first place. Okay fine, she shoulders some responsibility there, but she still managed to get a veterinarian's PhD and raise two kids and stay loyal to the idiot who put her in this life to begin with. She accidentally shot a family friend during one of the best episodes but boy howdy did that fuck her up. She still keeps her job. Jerry lost his, never gets another one job and she becomes, *and stays* the Family's bread winner until the world is turned upside down by an alien occupation and all Jerry cares about is his job that he was *given* and has no comprehension over. You don't see him bemoaning the fact his wife's dumb occupation has been rendered meaningless.
>>
>>91510418
>-Cronenburg World Jerry
which is jerry C-137
I.E. the jerry that is the most jerry, as would follow the trend of rick being the rickest rick and morty being the mortyest morty
>>
>>91510418

>but she still managed to get a veterinarian's PhD and raise two kids and stay loyal to the idiot who put her in this life to begin with.

she didnt do that shit alone. all we know about their relationship post rick is the abortion. i highly doubt it was as contemptuous as it is now.

>She accidentally shot a family friend during one of the best episodes but boy howdy did that fuck her up. She still keeps her job

the shooting was an incident independent from work. jerry losing his job was incredibly dependent on ricks fuckery. he got complacent in his stupid idea because the simulation liked it, unaware that the simulation wasnt an indication of anything

>You don't see him bemoaning the fact his wife's dumb occupation has been rendered meaningless.

we dont see that, but seeing as how hes supported her career with the deer before, he probably did. its not his fault that when times get hard for beth, she retreats to the bottle
>>
>>91510481
Rick being the Rickest Rick is just something our Rick made up. He's not God who defines reality.

How does the one being different from the others make it the "most" of that thing? If everyone is driving a car, does the one person driving a bike have the carrest car?
>>
>>91510968
>He's not God who defines reality.
he very well may be depending on how the story goes
>>
>>91510481

That's an interesting angle, but honestly, I'm not even sure if this is applicable assuming there was *any* truth to the garage scene Our Rick set up in the season 3 opener.

Personally, I feel that Our Rick *did* loose his Beth and Diane to the CoR's bullshit, and after many adventures ultimately portal gunned into C-137/set up shop in *some* reality whose Rick had abandoned it to go be within the Council. Our Rick comes back into that Beth's life to reclaim what he lost and meets Jerry for the first time, and eventually meets who he deems to be His/Our Morty.
>>
>>91510761
Oh Please. Jerry wasn't able to tell he was in a simulation and if he actually cared at all about his wife he'd have eventually noticed things were fake. Instead he got his ego fed, just like when the Plutocrats got to him and the Federation also got to him, and coasted through what 'life' was giving him.

You can't blame Rick for that shit or for him trying to reclaim it and then get fired over a terrible ad idea.
>>
>>91511316

why would jerry ever have to think that he would even be in a simulation before rick? everything that happened in that episode was based around aliens fucking with rick. he is inherently responsible for all that happened. jerrys mistake was being complacent in his lame idea.
>>
>>91506464
Hank is extremely competent in his mediocre profession to the point that it becomes exciting and meaningful.i could see someone legitimately become interested in propane and propane accessories after hanging around Hank for a bit.

Jerry sucked at advertising.
>>
>>91511738
Simulation Beth just kept repeating what he said and stayed clothed in bed during sex. And the joke there was how dumbd jerry was thinking that basically fucking a VR mannequin was the best sex he ever got!

>>91512314
What this guy said. Jerry was a terrible advertising guy; he would have gone with the Who's Hungry for Apples pitch regardless if a bunch of aliens made him collateral damage in an attempt to scam Rick.
>>
>>91513155

isnt that more of a sign of how terrible their sex is if a digitized beth was the best hes ever had?
>>
>>91513596
...Nooooo?

Jerry doesn't appreciate anybody who doesn't play up to him and his ego. It is baffling at how people here just want to spin doctor *everything* against Beth. I noticed that nobody ever argues the point that Beth has been the primary bread winner for two seasons ever since Jerry was fired, but I'm sure someone here would try.
>>
File: Stillthebest.png (143KB, 590x569px) Image search: [Google]
Stillthebest.png
143KB, 590x569px
>Jerry and beth are happiest when they're working as a team, fighting cronenbergs
>>
>>91505676
Women are inherently weak and need a strong man to protect them.

Jerry is a beta numale cuck weakling. The marriage is unhealthy, they're better off separate.

Rick does a much better job of being a reliable father figure for the two kids than Jerry, who is a spineless coward with no drive oe motivation, and needs others to care for him.
>>
>>91505892
>>91505785
Women love being abused.
>>
>>91506414
All women have an elektra complex. Ultimately they're looking for their fathers in a partner. Someone to put them in their place.
>>
>>91501101
It's comedy. The protag can be a cunt.
>>
>>91506386

This, I mean, she was just blowing up smoke with the whole "Yes, I won't fall for that again" or the "I actually care about you" that seemed implied.
>>
>>91514436
This, honestly.
>>
>>91500179

Go fuck yourself man, Rick doesn't give a shit about the family, they are all replaceable.
>>
File: 1488949823345.png (57KB, 725x525px) Image search: [Google]
1488949823345.png
57KB, 725x525px
>It's another "I'm asspained about my moronic, mediocre, selfish self-insert getting bullied" thread
>>
>>91499524
>>91501659
I can find the logic in this. And they did say it was an oppinion.

let's see if an analogy can help. Who's worse? A person who kicks a puppy right in it's head every time they see on? He can't help it, something is up with his brain.
Or

The person who keeps bringing puppies over this guys house to make sure he only kicks puppies in private?
>>
>>91499248
Jerry.

He would, WOULD have a moral high ground, if he wasn't financially dependent on his wife.
Yet for some reason he still somehow has the gall to call dibs on authority.
She is the sole reason the whole family isn't kicked out on the street, yet he behaves like he is in charge somehow.
A guy, who begs his own daughter for money, just to squander it off on some callfriends. That guy is a serious burden as of now, and unless he doesn't get his shit together soon, whatever Beth says goes.
>>
>>91499248
Jerry is better off without her.

In every timeline he's not with her he's successful. They were happy before Rick came back into there lives. Beth is the one who is wrong.
>>
>>91509977
He did work at an advertising agency, right? He may not have been good but future employers don't need to know that.

And who knows, maybe without Beth emasculating him all the time, maybe he'll be ok on his own.
>>
>>91499248
Jerry
>>
>>91499248
In that particular situation, Beth for immediately going back on her resolution to stop putting Rick before the family.

But in a larger sense, who's to blame for the state of their marriage? Both of them is the only correct answer. It takes two to tango and all that. Both of them are unhealthy, unhappy people who don't treat each other with respect.

Everyone arguing about who is worse is wasting their time. Both of them contributed in different ways to this toxic relationship.

Honestly, a divorce is maybe the smartest thing they could do for themselves.
>>
>>91518833
Oh my God, people are wasting time arguing on 4chan. How did we come to this?
>>
>>91514110
I'd always interpretted the scene as saying that this is how bad their sex life had gotten. And I'm not saying this as a knock against Beth. I think that those two just disdain eachother enough that the sex couldn't possibly be that good. This is on both of them.
>>
>>91499248
Jerry is the worst of cuck type. A spineless coward. He's passed that on to Morty, but Morty seems a little more solid than his piece of shit dad. You guys are all cucks if you can't see this. Rick is based and an alpha. Beth thinks the same way, because females are just attracted to that when it's available. Fuck Jerry and fuck you.
>>
>>91504098
Yui was a cunt but Gendo was a shitstain who punted his PTSD son who'd just seen his mother get absorbed into a giant cyborg abomination to live with a teacher that barely cared about him
He then brings his besperate for affectipon, lonely and depressed son in and makes him experience everything from getting impaled through the head multiple times to being baked alive.
it's even worse in the rebuild films, but that's mostly because Rebuild 3 is a horrible flaming shitpile
>>
File: C137_Jerry.png (522KB, 535x690px) Image search: [Google]
C137_Jerry.png
522KB, 535x690px
Jerry thrives when his world falls apart. Just wait.
>>
>>91519288
Yeah man fuck actual discussion, that's what tumblr and reddit is from. 4chan should only be used to shitpost and make epic screencaps.

Fuck you and everyone else who thinks like this
>>
>>91500495
This.
>No job to even help to sustain the family
>refuse to protect them

This guy was fucking useless.
>>
>>91499248
>Beth was wrong for kicking a parasite
Fuck no, this piece of shit had no right to make demands.
>>
>>91499588
Depends on the case. If it is a normal addiction then yes the people allowing them to do what they do can be just as bad but in Rick's situation even if you ignore him and kinda leave him alone he will continue to be an asshole. Someone could have hours of footage of Rick alone, he would not change. I mean I can see even him being lonely but if you tell him you won't portal hop that day or offer help in some amoral activity he would continue to do it himself. Beth is terrible for the way she crumbles but just saying you don't always need an enabler.
>>
>>91499248
Jerry. He should have known better than to challenge Rick. He could have kept quiet and everything would have been fine as a figurehead leader of the family, but he stepped out of line, and now he has to suffer. Rick has to firmly establish his status as patriarch now. And Jerry has to go.

Its sort of like Trump and his daughter's husband, except the son-in-law is the Rick, and Trump is the Jerry.
>>
>>91506735
You can enjoy watching Rick turn his life into a dumpster fire without thinking he's a good person for doing it.
>>
>>91520614

rick isnt an alpha. when trinity wanted nothing to do with him, he retreated to the idea of suicide. his not giving a shit is seen as alpha, but hes really a emo douche. all the self hate should be an indicator of that. the only thing that we do know is that he cares about morty more than any other character for some reason, i mean theres no picture of him and beth on birdpersons wall, nor did he think of her when his memory was being scanned.
>>
>>91521573
>>91521665

except that when the ultimatum was issued, the one right before she said that she would never be fooled by rick again, they were both jobless

>>91521841
he wouldnt have been fine. none of them would. rick somehow manages to drags everyone into his world. summer and beth seem to be ok with it despite being unaware of the consequences, morty is beginning to see rick as full of shit, and jerry is full tilt out. it doesnt really take much to see how dangerous rick is, but the ladies are so enamored with him that they dont care
>>
>>91506464
>You could argue that like Jerry, Hank is also a spectacularly mediocre person but the difference is he's found satisfaction in his seemingly dead-end job and his wife doesn't treat him like she's too good for him.

That raises an interesting question with the comparison: if Morty's father was Hank instead of Jerry... how would Rick have taken to him?
>>
>>91523064
Rick would have begrudging respect after Hank kick his ass.
>>
>>91523064
Rick probably would have liked him more, but if Hank's relationship with Cotton is any indication, we'd know he'd probably still act like a cuck if Rick is now taking the place of Cotton. Its just that he'd act more manly in all the other aspects of his life, so I guess it'd be an improvement.
>>
>>91510481
>morty being the mortyest morty
>implying the morty we know is C-137 Morty

remember Jerry Day Care? We did a reality swap. Besides that, C-137 Rick was around when Morty was a little baby. The Rick we know of has been gone for all of Beth's adult life until a short time before Season 1.
>>
>>91500824
Jerry made his choice, Beth made her choice. Jerry had the chance to embrace and learn from Rick.
Honestly, if Jerry was the one hanging out with Rick he'd be a better person. He'd be more like Rick, however Jerry wouldn't become as distanced as Rick because of his personality. Thus he would then become the perfect man for Beth and he would leave her.
>>
>>91523896
>>91523611

I suppose that sounds right. If nothing else, Hank is diligent enough in his regular life that he kind of beats out Jerry there. And is willing to admit when something is out of his depth, and appears to be eager to learn about anything involving building or maintaining a home/yard/some machines... so... I guess yeah. While Rick might not take to Hank, he probably wouldn't be out and out hostile to him.

...I... hadn't even thought of Cotton.

Dear god, now I want Cotton going on interdimensional adventures with Rick.
>>
>>91524631
>I killed fiddy Cronenburgs!
>>
So many people defending Jerry. Must be tough being so mediocre you actually relate to him.

In any case, I'm looking forward to this new dynamic. Maybe some episodes where Morty and Jerry are the B-plot where Jerry is getting his life on track, while Rick and the girls battle space monsters.
>>
>>91525007
>Must be tough being so mediocre you actually relate to him.

How are there levels of 'mediocre'? Isn't mediocre just... average? Even then, what's wrong with average?
And even then, someone has to be mediocre. Someone has to apply their energies and still only ever break even rather than excel.
>>
>>91524528
>if Jerry was the one hanging out with Rick he'd be a better person. He'd be more like Rick
>better person
>more like rick

nigga what?
>>
>>91524528

> if Jerry was the one hanging out with Rick he'd be a better person.

where did you piece this together?
>>
>>91509620
>Willing to sell out his family and the human race all so he can appeal to his fragile ego.
Fixed it for you.
>>
>>91521371
Fuck this dipshit for breaking the portal gun. In that scene I really wanted to wring his neck.
>>
>>91526141
>Fuck this dipshit for breaking the device of the man who literally brought about the apocalypse

Get off your dad's dick, Beth
>>
>beth gave up her marriage for a guy who isn't even her real dad
>>
>>91499248
Beth
Seems to me, that they SHOULD'VE made Jerry the bad guy, but they bent over backwards making sure he had a good point right before the shit went down. Idk, I think Jerry's funny and I hope he's not gone for good.

>>91499374
Not that there's an asshole olympics, but I'd have a hard time agreeing that enablers are worse than doers.
>>
>>91525302
>>91525831
Better person as in more Alpha, maybe less mediocre, I feel he'd take Morty's approach and call rick out more and actually be able to back it up, maybe Rick would respect him a little.
>>
>>91499248
beth.

pretty much everything from the death of his son to the earth being enslaved by aliens has been rick's fault
>>
>>91526170
Because break my shit is going to help you get your world back. Fuck you, keep your edge to yourself Jerry.
>>
>>91526226
>I'd have a hard time agreeing that enablers are worse than doers

Would you say that about the military? Granted, you could argue that that's a matter of enforcing rather than enabling, but most people who join the military aren't drafted
>>
File: 1463688583168.jpg (29KB, 383x316px) Image search: [Google]
1463688583168.jpg
29KB, 383x316px
>>91510418
>stay loyal
Did she? Only reason that guy that worked with her on the veterinary didn't get into her pants was because of the literal apocalypse caused by Rick. This reality didn't have one, so...
>>
>>91526365
What gave you the impression that C137 Jerry gave a shit about Morty reuniting with the man that took everything from them?
>>
>>91526379
The only reason he tried was because he was craving some Mor(D)y and tried to get it through his mom.
>>
Fuck jerry, he's a worm
>willing to sell out rick
>willing to live a shitty life that his family didnt want just to stroke his little ego with the galactic federation
>now that rick is back, he gives beth a dumb ultimatum to leave her father
>>
File: 1489288280158.png (382KB, 726x505px) Image search: [Google]
1489288280158.png
382KB, 726x505px
>>91514110
>...Nooooo?
>needing * to put emphasis into words
>also doing that same shit several times to the point of getting annoying
jesus fucking christ can you at least try to not type like if you were in tumblr/reddit for crying out loud
>>
>>91526405
Because instead of using the portal gun to capture Rick and make him pay for his crimes or something equally intelligent, he was a stupid caveman. Even in a world where you are the manliness thing on the planet you're still the same old Petty, one dimensional Jerry.
>>
>>91515960
No, it's more like:
>blind person has seeing eye dog
>blind person is friend with dog kicker
>dog kicker always kicks blind person's dog
>>
>>91499248
Rick sacrificed himself and then literally saved everyone so Jerry.
>>
>>91526462
>Thinking Jerry can topple Rick
>Thinking anyone can topple Rick

For someone who puts him on such a high pedestal, you really don't GET your father, do you?
>>
>>91526447
>willing to live a shitty life that his family didnt want just to stroke his little ego with the galactic federation
The alternative was a lot worse.
>>
>>91526496
That's a weird analogy, considering it just screws the blind person over
>>
>>91526524

I dunno man. Jerry is a bit of a wild card that tends to get his shit together when cornered, especially when it involves Beth.

If he can get Morty's support, his chances are probably favorable.
>>
>>91526541
He wasnt doing it because of some worse alternative, he genuinely liked it.
>>
>>91526524
We just saw several Ricks die horrible deaths, they are not invincible. The Rick that we follow in the story maybe not, but he could work up to something. Also please keep your wierd role play to yourself thanks.
>>
>>91526581

The previous season's finale was a series of events that happened against Jerry's will. A Federation controlled Earth was a better outcome then the previous ones.
>>
>>91526571
So who's gonna be in Rick's rogue's gallery?

So far we got Phoenixperson, Evil Morty, "C137" Jerry, who else?
>>
>>91526710

Bowl cut Rick.
>>
>>91526710
Remnants of the council of Ricks and the galactic empire
>>
File: 1491830324162.jpg (112KB, 544x517px) Image search: [Google]
1491830324162.jpg
112KB, 544x517px
>>91526689
How new are you? C137 Rick is the Rickest Rick. There's a reason why he's less killable than the rest
>>
File: bane_batman_1.jpg (54KB, 438x643px) Image search: [Google]
bane_batman_1.jpg
54KB, 438x643px
>>91526745
Doofus Rick is gonna be the one to "break the Rick". Calling it now
>>
>>91522414
It's because it's the family he never had. His Beth and wife died, he's sitll in the simulation. Never take anything Rick says at face value.
>>
File: 1448508027178.jpg (14KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1448508027178.jpg
14KB, 267x200px
>>91526546
It's because you can't just say Beth is doing this thing because she wants to. There's some obvious trauma there and it won't always be logical because that's what mental illness basically is.

Beth and Rick's relationship is a negative cycle of manipulation from Rick which increase Beth's desire for them to be together which increases Rick's manipulation to ensure Beth's love.

>mfw I wrote more than a paragraph about this fucking show
I'm sorry
>>
>>91526750
That's why I said he could kill other Ricks, to work his way up to our Rick.
>>
File: IMG_5847.jpg (37KB, 241x411px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5847.jpg
37KB, 241x411px
Hey

Do you have a big head head with a tiny mouth?

Lil Bits
>>
>>91499248
>not siding with Rick
That's how you end up like Jerry
>>
File: IMG_5846.jpg (123KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5846.jpg
123KB, 600x800px
>>91526904
Eat shit you fucking stupid bitch
>>
>>91499248
Beth, but both of them are pretty horrible anyway.

Beth is the epitome of the phrase "daddy issues," and it's been shown that the only thing to break her out of the hero worship she has towards Rick is civilization being destroyed because of him.

Jerry's right that Beth is actively endangering the family by having Rick around, but that doesn't change the fact that he's still a clingy coward who only really cares if he's a good provider for the family.
>>
>>91526710
I thought C-137 Jerry, Beth and Summer were all dead after the Federation Ricks froze them?
>>
>>91525007
I wonder what it's like being so euphoric that you relate to Rick and say "in any case"
>>
>>91526745
Doofus Rick is too pure to hold a grudge
>>
File: FuckamIlookingat.jpg (38KB, 479x349px) Image search: [Google]
FuckamIlookingat.jpg
38KB, 479x349px
>>91500013

Why did you make me feel these feelings
>>
>>91526854
The only person to do that was Evil Morty, and that was only because he was a genius. Jerry is not

>>91526979
Beth was in the wrong, but the divorce was good for Jerry. Now he can work on himself and try to become a better person
>>
>>91527000
I think they were just immobilized. If they're touched at all they'll end up like that bully from the Pilot though
>>
>>91527032
The divorce was inevitable (the marriage counseling episode proved that), but it will be interesting to see if Jerry will actually better himself or just keep trying to prove to Beth that Rick is a detriment to the family
>>
>>91527068

Both. Jerry and Beth are naturally drawn to each other. That's been consistent through multiple universes.
>>
>The Interdimensional Cable episode shows that Jerry is confident, successful and rich when not under Beth's negative influence.
>Meanwhile, Beth becomes an alcoholic spinster who has nothing to live for

Beth needs Jerry more than Jerry needs Beth, as much as she would loathe to admit it. She may put up a good front by burying herself in her career, but Beth is a monstrously insecure person riddled with emotional and psychological hang-ups. Without a meek, supportive weakling like Jerry to constantly berate and elevate herself above, she's forced to confront the fact that she is the reason she's miserable and unfulfilled. She's a bitter, angry bully who used Jerry as a verbal punching bag because it made her feel stronger. Sure Jerry is weak, cowardly and occasionally selfish but, at the end of the day, all he wants is a normal, happy life as a family man. There's nothing malicious about his nature like there is with Beth's and that's why he was able to flourish in a dimension where she wasn't there to sap what little confidence he had.
>>
>>91527135
Beth is also successful without Jerry, but is infinitely more miserable.
>>
>>91526979
But are all multiverse Beths the epitome of "daddy issues"? or did Rick pick this alternate reality to crash in because there's no chance whatsoever that *THIS* Beth will ever reject him?
>>
Rick is a fucking cancer on anything. He doesn't take criticism,blows up whenever challenged, doesnt care for anything or anyone for too long, and isnt half as smart as he thinks he is. He's smart enough to fucking destroy worlds, but cant even save one world.When he fucks up, boy he fucks up.

He's not good. He's not neutral. He's just EVIL.
The apex of self absorbed evil.

Not MALEVOLENT, but Evil in the self destructive, self involved, uncaring way.

Like a sentient hurricane.
>>
>>91527184
>in one episode Beth makes a reference to the fact that every other man she had been with prior to Jerry left her

Do you think she specifically went after abrasive, inteligent, self-absorbed assholes who reminded her of Rick?
>>
>>91526710

Goddess Beth and her cult of Jerrys.
>>
>>91527210
At the risk of sounding like a memester, I think it's less that Rick isn't the smartest person in the universe and more that his nihilistic outlook and impulsive nature have made him brilliant, but lazy. He has all these ideas swirling around in his head but he is often unwilling or unable to think them all the way through either because he's too caught up in what he wants at that exact moment or because he simply doesn't care about the consequences of his actions.
>>
>>91527184
Hard to say, but the defining traits of each character seem to be mostly consistent across different universes.
Whether Rick picked that universe because Beth was just as emotionally broken as the previous Beth is hard to say, but I wouldn't put it past him.
>>
>>91527235
Why care when you can pop over to another universe?
>>
>>91527212
(that was also the Interdimensional Cable episode)

Here's the thing about daddy issues and mommy issues: it's not if they exist, everyone has them, it's what they are and if you get over them.
If it's possible to get over whatever the fuck her Rick did to her, there's a universe where that possibility is realized.
Until that possibility happens she was set on self-destructive autopilot.
Remember that in some infinite realities Beth remarries, and that guy was nice. Clearly it's common for Jerry to eventually go away and Beth is better well-adjusted at that point from her experiences.

And she didn't even need a Mr. Meeses to get there.
>>
>>91527283
I really want to believe that Rick's origin story in 3x1 wasn't fictionalised and that he was a kind, family-oriented Rick who really did end up losing his Beth and Beth's mother. Afterwards, he found the dimension of the Rick who killed them, murdered him and took his place only to discover that he felt almost nothing for this new family or anyone in this make-believe world. So he poured himself into his science and became increasingly emotionally detached. He committed himself to finding out more about his destiny s the universe's smartest person and became aware of the Council of Ricks. And whenever he fucked up, he moved on to another universe, caring less and less with each new attempt to start over. The only constant became Morty: stupid, loyal and easily manipulated. And, being the nicer Rick that he is, he ended up becoming genuinely attached to the current Morty.
>>
>>91526809

then knowing your lifestyle, knowing what kind of shit you attract, knowing that there are governments, shadow governments, and lord knows what else is out there looking for you, why would you risk them all for it? how many of his families has he led down such a fucked up path?
>>
>>91527429
Because despite what he says, Rick is steered by his emotions. Beneath the cold exterior of a nihilistic scientist is a pathetic, broken man who just wants to belong to something again.
>>
>>91527235
Here's the thing; you can tell by the lack of green drool that The Council of Ricks don't shoved intelligence-enhancing space seeds up their rectums like the MC Rick does ...
"Our" Rick actually is the single smartest Rick in the multiverse.
>>
>>91527414
>Clearly it's common for Jerry to eventually go away and Beth is better well-adjusted at that point from her experiences.
There's no evidence of that though, just that she divorces Jerry in some universes, but in everyone where they' had Morty and beth they're semi comfortable, while wildly succesful yet unhappy in alt lives.

If it shows anything it's that Beth looks for escape and pins most of her problems on Jerry rather than adressing what they actually are.

She expressed as much with Meseeks, I can only imagine it'll be the same for the new guy, since he winds up in Jerry daycare.
>>
>>91527429
Because for the most part he's not attached to his family. He wants to be, but never really is, This specific Morty is probably the one from his flashback, and this Summer is the only one he's bonded with.

He's constantly living out a hollow life, going through the motions and trying to get backa semblance of what he had. The drinking is him trying to surpress those thoughts and ideas from resurfacing.
>>91527463
This guy's got it, he wants to belong. And when you take into account hsi hatred for the concil of Ricks, then his "fake" backstory makes complete sense. Why would you want to shack up with the people who allowed you to lose everything? Not only that, but they're all too pussy to fight the multi dimensional government despite having the mens.
>>
>>91527428
It would definitely explain his hatred towards the other Ricks and his willingness to kill them all
>>
>>91527557
Also take into account what Morty said to Summer in the latest episode

>Because Rick hates himself and our Rick is the most himself...

By extension, that would mean that Rick is the Rick that hates himself the most. Is it any wonder that he's so repulsed by and defiant towards the Council of Ricks? He's a bitter, miserable ghost of a man who wants to belong to someone or something and the Council of Ricks is proof that the only person who could ever stand to be around him is himself.
>>
>>91508955
>gladly selling out the human race
His family were depressed for bull shit reasons. Beth was literally the only person there who had a decent reason to be depressed seeing as her job was voided. It would be totally overeacting to say that he was selling out the human race when in reality the Federation was helping the planet more than Rick would ever help his own family. You're picking between a man who has destroyed multiple universes without remorse versus a soulless government that force feeds their people pills. Rick asks himself if it's worth helping his own family while the Federation, however authoritarian it is, helps the planet more as a whole.
>>
>>91527593
It sill supports what I said, he hates himself that deeply because that he became the very thing that killed his family. And that thing was himself.
>>
>>91527506
>she divorces Jerry

If that's how those Jerrys left the picture (and weren't say... killed by space-horrors) then those are the lucky Jerrys.

But Jerry is an ideal mate to such an extent that Alt-Mortys populate the multiverse. That means that each of those alt-universes had a marriage successful enough to make two children before Alt-Ricks started messing things up.
We all could see how sane and reasonable Beth was until Rick stepped through that portal...
It's not that hard to isolate the mitigating factor here.
>>
>>91526457
>being this autistic about people typing
Get fucked.
>>
>>91508342
I don't think he really expected beth to choose him.
he just stated he going to try to reduce his risk of death by avoiding rick and he was going to do it one way or another.
>>
I can't wait till beth just goes into a downward spiral of alcoholism since jerry isn't there. THIS will happen. Now the writers will have one or 2 things happen. 1. Jerry will flourish,get a great job and hot GF,then rick will destroy his new life to make jerry come back. or 2. Jerry will be a bum and rick find him to get beth back to normal. If you guys think jerry is a coward, look at what he did. He literally told his wife of 18 years to choice him,over her absent father, who is a world destroying, goverment dismantler mad scientist, all because he knew, rick will lead the family to ruin. You can say he took a dumbass bet, but jerry stood up for what the knew, was right and what was best for the family.
>>
>>91527610
Wanna know the funny thing here? We as the viewer, have no idea, what these pills do. For all we know this pills are just the prefect food substitue, with no fat,suger or any negative chemicals. Hell the pill could be flavored all types of food. Look at how the economy of the federation works on earth. jerry has a 4 layer pill plan, because of his promotions. This mean there is some reason, pills have value on earth. Maybe the pills had differant flavors but only "4 layer pill plan" workers and their familes get the best or unique flavors. Maybe the pills are heavely rationed and jerrys new job feeds his family 3 whole meals a day, while other familes are starving. We don't know jack shit what the pills do and why they have value, besides the explanation that the federation gives them value.
>>
File: 1485649377209.png (250KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1485649377209.png
250KB, 500x495px
>>91527777
>>
>>91527973

>Maybe the [food substitute] had differant flavors but only "4 layer pill plan" workers and their familes get the best or unique flavors.

I don't know what point you were trying to make, but you've inadvertently written the funniest critique of communism I've ever seen.
>>
>>91526794
Actually, I would like to see that.

Just a question of what his parting line would be. I feel like with him it wouldn't be especially deep, but some weird observation.

"What does it mean when the best Rick loses to the worst?" or something even less original like

"There aren't levels of 'rickness'. You're just a bad person."

...Actually, for that matter, wasn't it implied there were at least a few legitimately evil Ricks? Not just self-interested amoral types, but true blue villains?
>>
>>91527777
I actually agree with anon, it's pretty pathetic
>>
>>91509781
>Why? Because he thought someone was fucking his wife. It took him sperging out over possible cheating to the point of wanting to murder Beth's co-worker for him to grow some balls.

Wrong. Yea he was originally going to Beth because of the possible affair THEN the cronenburg crap happened. He continued on to make sure she was safe.
>>
>>91500233
>Beth has daddy issues and isn't able to tell how destructive Rick is with everyone around him
>thinking that's the only problem with Beth
>>
>>91501768
>yfw Bloberta would have ended up with a happy, understanding boyfriend if the series ran it's full length

Thank god it didn't.
>>
>>91506656
>emphasizes marriage, monogamy and tradition above personal happiness.
Personal happiness is normally derived from those things, you hippy.
>>
>>91510188
>Because this board has been invaded by /pol/ and /adv/ and /r9k/ fags who are so incredibly insecure that they only identify with pieces of shit like Jerry and hate women
Are you implying you have to hate women to hate a piece of shit like Beth?
>>
>>91529052

did clay get a happy out as well? because if he doesnt get one, she sure as hell doesnt deserve one.
>>
>>91506920
Jerry becomes the galactic federation's president on the platform of "fuck rick"?
>>
>All these posts chiding Jerry for being average and spineless

Nigga, ya'll pathetic. The fucking reason most of you are recoiling so much is because you actually see yourself in Jerry and are afraid. You're afraid you're not going to be some super genius awesome witty amazing guy like Rick and you're going to be just another Jerry. Making the girl of your dreams disappointed for you for existing. Failing to connect with your son and daughter because you're desperate to be seen as important. Because that's what eighty percent of you worthless losers are going to be, especially on 4chan, you're doomed to be utterly mediocre and completely unremarkable.
>>
>>91499248
Jerry for being a fucking idiot. He ruined the family
>>
>>91499248
neither. Some time off for the both of them is great.

Writing wise, hopefully this leads to more interesting b-plots instead of more of the same failing marriage plot.
>>
>>91529165
I always wished Clay would learn to accept himself, but I don't think with how fucked his brain is it'll ever be possible.

He's really one of the greatest victims of circumstance ever written if you think about it. As a kid he was groomed to get unmerited acceptance from his mother, and when he doesn't, he rightful panics, does a kid thing, and a horrifying consequence occurs that he mentally wasn't prepared for and scorned for life by his father.

Speaking of a father his entire idea of a father figure is destroyed and the only meaningful way he learns to connect with his dad is by getting beat by him. Which doesn't help his future position raising Morel.

We get to Blobertaand its even worse. People defend her while ignoring she designed the entire marriage. Every modern flaw of Clay is here fault. To which I say, you can't build a house and be made when it collapses on you.
She turns him into a drunk. She pressures him into getting married in such a short time span they don't get to know each other at all.

The whole reason why the camping trip is a wreck is the combination of all of Clay's life culminating here. He never learned to hunt because he never bonded with his father, he can't set up a camp site, or make a fire, anything. Because his father was never a father to him, and because of that, he can't connect with Morel because he just doesn't know how.

This sin't to say Clay isn't a hypocrite who thrives on his own bigotry. But the town made him who he is. The people turned him into the beast he is and because of that most of his motives are justified through is fucked psyche. Bloberta and Couch on the other hand are such massive enablers to his destructive lifestyle that they're more in the wrong than Clay. It bother's me that people say Clay hate's the kids and doesn't put up the effort in raising them when Bloberta couldn't even tell Shapey was gone sober.
>>
>>91527010
>You don't relate to Jerry, so you must relate to Rick

20 percent accurate as usual, Morty.
>>
>it's another squeezing drama out of a comedic show thread
Lord Let it end
>>
>>91505676
she is a woman
what else did you expect?
>>
File: Jerry_happy[1].jpg (199KB, 1060x1235px) Image search: [Google]
Jerry_happy[1].jpg
199KB, 1060x1235px
>>91514406
bout that

Jerry is more alpha than you will ever be

you may as well cut-off your dick
>>
>>91530200
That's kinda the point the writers had. Seeing yourself in Jerry is what makes you hate him more when he acts like a tool or a spineless wimp. In this world of Jerrys you can stay a Jerry or at least move up to a Morty.
>>
>>91531935
>move up to a Morty.
>up
>>
>>91508342
The ultimatum was all but predetermined. Had he not done it things would have just regressed to the disgusting shambles they already were. He had decided not to live like that anymore, took one final shot on Beth seeing reason (though Jerry is pathetic so he thought it would work rather than it being a just to be sure thing), then fucked off because Rick is bad for everyone and Beth has decided once and for all that she's not going to change.
>>
>>91499248
It seemed mutual, so neither.

Their marriage is a clusterfuck of misery and they'd both be better off without the other.

After that Interdimensional Cable episode, they were both in the wrong for staying together as long as they did.
>>
Nothing Jerry has ever said about Rick, EVER, has been incorrect.
>>
>>91527777
>>91528552
>being so new you haven't picked up on conventions
>being so reddit you think you're above ettiquette
Go home boys
>>
>>91499248
No one. It was obvious that their relationship was a mess. Getting a divorce was the best thing for both of them.
>>
File: 51647124_p0.jpg (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
51647124_p0.jpg
1MB, 2000x2000px
Both of them.

Jerry really isn't the straight man and voice of reason he thinks he is or people pretend he is. He is only happy when life is giving him a free ride. If it had been allowed to continue he'd probably have developed a huge ego to the point of being insufferable. He didn't even kno9w what he did at his new "job" with the Galactic Federation. When he actually has to earn something, he fails horribly, and no, it's not Beth's fault.

Beth, although she earns what she gets through hard work, does take out her frustrations on others in a passive-aggressive manner. Was it really that hard of a question to answer "do you still love me?" when Jerry asked? She is obviously blind to the threat Rick represents, and is too afraid of driving him away to simply tell him to stop fucking the households shit up. Since Beth is the only person Rick seems to treat relatively well, he'd probably listen if she asked him. Rick is probably aware he has Beth in his pocket, however. Even the alternate reality Ricks were all really nice to her.

Thinking about it, every member of that family is an atrocious piece of shit. Rick should blow them up.
>>
>>91499248
Morty for not keeping his sister in check
>>
>>91499248
Rick and Beth
>>
>>91506473
Only /tv/ faggot bitches say "kinofag".

Please go back.
>>
>>91531138
He's only allowed to be alpha when the world falls apart and there are A. No rules to follow and B. Nobody else is able to fight back. Chronenberg's are not threatening to someone with a weapon.
>>
>>91499447
And I guess you empathize with Beth because you're an alcoholic cunt with daddy issues?
>>
Beth, anyone who says otherwise is a dumb white knight
>>
>>91514406
>Rick does a much better job of being a reliable father figure
A father figure that constantly fucks over the entire family and doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.

Jerry sucks, but Rick is actually a horrible person and actively harms everyone he's around.
>>
>>91499447

more like redditors emphatize with Rick and instintively see everything Jerry does as inherently wrong
>>
>>91508342

>no sane person

no actual sane person would side with the party that enables Rick, you can like the character all you want, doesnt means hes not a terrible and dangerous influence
>>
>>91536575
Beta behavior is inherently wrong, son.
>>
>>91536688

t. beta nerd who thinks hes manly for emphatizing with psychos
>>
>>91499447
I suppose that's why so much of reddit and 4chan like the emotional wreck who keeps trying to kill himself but keeps pussing out.
>>
>>91536769
This is some hardcore projecting.
>>
File: 1491534171346.jpg (181KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1491534171346.jpg
181KB, 900x675px
please keep this thread going. I don't have anything to contribute, just find it amusing.
>>
>>91514406
>Rick does a much better job of being a reliable father figure for the two kids than Jerry
>reliable

If Rick fucks up, he'll ditch his family for another one in another universe. You call that reliable?
>>
>>91499248
Fucking both of them.
>>
>>91510188
Yeah pretty much. Ultimately she's just an hilariously dysfunctional cartoon character.
>>
>>91499248
Rick worse than jerry worse than beth

Both rick and jerry put her in the ultimatum. Fuck anyone that puts fuckers into ultimatums like that. It's fucked up to make someone choose between their husband and father. If she'd chosen jerry you fuckers would still be calling her a bitch. She was put in a no win situation by to assholes. It's only one asshole was a smarter asshole.
>>
>>91540582
No, she already swore off Rick, and instantly caved the minute he was back.
>>
>>91510000
Jerry is a male peggy hill but cause he's a dude you fags don't hate him as much.
>>
>>91540609
He's not, Jerry was an average guy who did cool things in season 1. He only became pathetic in season 2 when they had to show us why to hate him.
>>
>>91540606
She'd only agreed she'd put Jerry first and wouldn't be a push over, that's not swearing off her dad. And she didn't say that on her own it was after Jerry pushed the issue with the whole federation falling around them.
>>
>>91540664
He's far below average and did nothing cool in season 1. In S1 he betrays his son because he's just that damn insecure about his intelligence and pluto.

Ya know who else was stupid insecure about their intelligence to the point that children suffered?

Fucking peggy hill.

Jerry sucks. There's nothing good about him. Hope he stays gone but I get the feeling he's gonna come back in some kinda lesson about marriage or whatever.

I'd much more prefer a message about how sometimes divorce improves a family when all the parents were doing was fighting before with brief moments of peace.
>>
>>91499321
But it wasn't just helping rick. They knew Rick would likely be killed if they turned him in. Jerry was willing to let a family member die because a small planet was inconveniencing him. It's not like he gave up a career or had friends on earth for rick.
>>
>>91540779
>what is the deer episode
>what is saving his wife from cronen bergs
>what is him realizing he was wrong and siding with his kid
>what is cleaning up his own mess with the meseeks box
The point is, Jerry steps up when necessary, aside from that the whole family shits on him.

Peggy is an asshole that everyone puts up with and kind of respects, for no good reason. She never learns anything, and she screws with her family. Hank did too, but not to the same extent.
>>
>>91540779
Peggy is enabled by Hank, and the only resolution to a Peggy plot is either the problem goes away after she's been tortured enough or Hank steps in.

Jerry is enabled by his ego, so if someone is able to brute force their way in, or Jerry realizes what an ass he's being, he adjusts himself accordingly. Jerry would be a Peggy if the solution to all his problems were Rick just saving them, which is true for like Lawnmower Dog and no other episode.
>>
>>91540974
Yeah just like peggy hill he'll get an episode where he learns to put family first and overcome his insecurity only to revert back to a selfish insecure asshole.

Plus maybe cronenberg-fighter original jerry is just a better jerry than this one. Although maybe it's just that jerry is a better person when rick isn't around given even original jerry is an asshole destroying the portal gun.

>>91541110
Jerry is enable by Beth and the universe really. Usually problems just kinda solve themselves in the universe around him and it's left with everyone just vaguely annoyed with him and no further consequences with Beth or Morty giving him a gentle ego massage like "oh it's ok you aren't as smart as rick" or "i guess i still love you even though you fucked up a lot and I had to walk you through your golf shit or we'd all be murdered cause you're that much of a failure".
>>
>>91541243
>Yeah just like peggy hill he'll get an episode where he learns to put family first and overcome his insecurity only to revert back to a selfish insecure asshole.
Not true at all, the original Jerry kept learning until Rick destroyed his planet.

Season 1/2 Jerry was learning slowly, and was well within his rights to denounce Rick, he and the family were literally planet jumping to get away from the space feds soley because of Rick. It might've come from a selfish place, but he was right. And as he has shown in the other world, as well as this one, he has the capacity to learn.

Jerry is less shit when he's not getting shit on constantly. Sure he deserves it, but in season 2 especially they fucking have him on blast. His wife, his daughter, his son, Rick basically turned them all against him even though he puts them all in danger.

They also rip on him not having a job despite having a fairly well paying one in advertising not long ago. It was warranted when he did little things initially, but they've gone full Meg with him.
>>
>>91540974
Pig only really gets bad toward the end of the series, and even then she regularly has her moments of doing something kind. And she really does love her family, unlike Jerry.
>>
>>91541421
To be fair, the space feds are fucking evil.
>>
>>91541518
>And she really does love her family, unlike Jerry.
He doesn't love his family? If he didn't he wouldn't have stayed together for the kids.

They came to a grown up mutual understanding at the end of season 1 about a seperation. But by the end it was clear Beth was willing to put herself, her husband and he kids in danger just to be with her father.
>>
>>91541421
OG jerry wasn't learning shit. He was delearning if anything. Went from "awe he tries to give please his wife and respect her career" to being stupid jealous of his wife working with some handsome guy and ignoring any well meaning advice and acting like a damn fool right before Rick cronens the world.

Jerry#2 might have some right to say shit but no right to call ultimatums and he only came from a selfish place. You can't impose some good logic onto a guy that wasn't at any point using good logic. It's like if a stupid baby happens to scribble some vague 4 under 2+2 and you say that baby is a genius. Nah that baby just accident kinda did something cause it likes fucking lines or shit.

Jerry is constant shit. Only in a virtual universe where everything went his way is he possibly happy and in that universe beth lays like a robot to be fucked and he's given trophies for nothing. That's the only place he'd be happy and confident.

Ya know who else would be happy in a universe on nothing but praise and letting them talk over their spouses?

Peggy Fucking Hill.
>>
>>91541653
He stayed with her cause it's the best possible situation for him. Otherwise he's jobless and probably gonna live in some rundown motel.
>>
>Reddit: The Show
>>
>>91499371
Beth is worse.

Peggy tries to do the right thing, despite how smug she is.

Beth has daddy issues.
>>
>>91521573
>>refuse to protect them
Only in the most extreme circumstances did Jerry actually step up.
>>
>>91541694

>Ya know who else would be happy in a universe on nothing but praise and letting them talk over their spouses?

talk over their spouses? jerry? when? beth constantly shits on jerry for saying just about anything. hell most of the time when hes antagonistic its usually after someones taken a snipe at him. and the universe on nothing but praise. jerry isnt alone in that. hell he isnt alone in the family on that. the only difference is how the characters would deal. in fact the only outlier would be rick as he hates himself so much
>>
>>91545043
In the virtual reality world jerry is happy in part because he can just talk over every person/computer system and no one interrupts. He doesn't notice his wife isn't responding normal cause he's just that self centered.

And he's totally ignored everything his wife and daughter says. Most of the time it goes like this:
>jerry don't do this shit
>wah don't tell me what to do! I'm jealous of rick! WAH
>goddammit jerry why'd you do that stupid shit
>jerry cries EVEYRONE IS MEAN TO ME
>somehow situation resolved
>jerry still in a bitch mood
>beth/morty says something kinda uplifting to him to make him feel better
>awe how sweet family moment
>next fucking episode he never learns

So fuck jerry. He's a goddamn child.
>>
>>91500824
Jerry's problem is Beth never grew up. He's an idiot but all he did was love her and he kind of sucks at the job hunt. Can't make fun of him for trying to pitch ideas either.
>>
>>91545228

>He doesn't notice his wife isn't responding normal cause he's just that self centered.

theyre all a bit self centered though. like the conversation beth had with bird person where she completely ignores what hes telling her because she keeps going to the "i wish i knew my daddy" card or like jerry said shes willing to keep her family in danger because she doesnt want rick to go away. summer is willing to damn souls and work with the literal devil because its a job and hes nice to her. and morty having a hand in his worlds destruction all to get a girl. hes had his ego fed into, but he doesnt have anything as bad on his record when it comes to being self centered. and the reason jerry acts in the way that he does about things is that beth treats him like a child rather than talking to him like her husband, and shit falters from there. i think the only time people had a legit reason to shit on jerry was the taddy mason shit where he was acting like a clingly douche.
>>
>>91545674
He shat on his son and let a planet near die due to his self centeredness, he locked his wife out of a car to save his own ass and let her get hurt, almost shot up a hospital because he couldn't stand people a universe away thinking bad of him, overall his self centeredness is always just so goddamn stupid.

Like shit at least beth when she's shitty it's cause she cares about her dad or career or kids. Summer and morty care for each other and show concern for others even if it's just some devil character that was nice or some girl to get laid. But Jerry is just so stupidly self centered he'll ignore family being unhappy and suffering as long as he's ok. Not just in that virtual reality where any other character would have seen through it in a second but in the federation-controlled earth he's happy as a clam despite his family all around him suffering. His daughter literally warning him at multiple times about how unhappy beth is and he just doesn't give a fuck.

And I guess ultimately it just comes down to some advice I heard about how to judge people by what they do over what they say. Rick is absolutely an asshole but as much as he verbally shits on the grandkids he repeatedly would risk his life for them. Jerry talks big about the safety of the family but he'd lock his wife out of a car if some monster came by to save his own ass. He's an insecure below mediocre jerk that thinks just because he sucks people shouldn't be so mean to him. He's been a luke warm foil this whole time and I'm kinda hoping the show gets that much better without him around as much.
>>
>>91501768
The cycle.
>>
>>91546063

pluto was already fucked. they tried to use jerry as a yes man, but there was literally nothing he could do. the rich had already decided the fate of pluto. and you say shit on his son like its some far out concept in that family to shit on each other. as for summer being miserable, thats sounds like common teenage stock for when things change outside her control like a family moving. and seeing how morty isnt effected in the same way that summer was, im more than willing to gamble that the reason that she was "miserable" was rick being missing, rather than anything within their control. as for his happiness, theyd been at it for 3 months by this point. theres only so much coddling one can do for those that want to make themselves unhappy. morty was fine with the changes. the women(who are all tragically loyal to rick)werent. if youre going by how to judge people, then i dont know why youre standing up for rick. he made his grandson smuggle seeds up his ass that ended up temporarily retarding him. as well as the shit that we saw him do to morty in his memories.
and you cant give him a pass on being heroic towards anyone if hes the one that put them in that position. thats merely cleaning up his mistakes.
>>
>>91499851
>And that's also why Morty shouldn't ever get with Jessica, because he'll just end up becoming another Jerry.
They're never going to be together because Morty is traumatized from the love potion incident.
>>
>>91549254
Not true, they got very friendly in the Tiny Rick episode.
>>
Man, how is this thread still going?

Can't we all agree that everybody in the household is a fuck-up?
>>
Keep in mind how happy Beth is in S01E06 when rick is out of the picture...

Its like 2 extremes, in realities where Rick is out, Jerry is in. In Realities where Rick is in..apparently Jerry is finally out.
>>
Why did Evil Morty try to kill Rick, when Rick was the best chance of destroying the counsel of ricks?
>>
File: c3maelfa.jpg (286KB, 798x850px) Image search: [Google]
c3maelfa.jpg
286KB, 798x850px
>>91499248
You ever notice how the Bitchier the female character the more female viewers love them? Remember Skylar?

This is because at their core everyone wants to be or is a selfish bitch.

Every man with life experience knows this is true.
>>
>>91505111
Gendo knew how much Shinji meant to Yui. Nothing she said would've deterred him from his course of action. He was obsessed only with her and distanced himself from Shinji because he hated himself.

Yui maybe wasn't perfect but you can't lob all of Gendo's ridiculous shit off on her.
>>
>>91499248
>Watching reddit: the show
>>
>>91508342
>Your wife's father comes into your house and takes your son on dangerous adventures
>Routinely fucks up the world and their family
>Tells him to fuck off
Yeah how stupid
>>
Weren't they incredibly co-dependent, to the point where aliens who have dealt with emotional relationships and turned it into a science thought they're the most dysfunctional pair of people they've ever seen?
>>
>>91553319

this is true

but its not to say were not similar. I wish I could get away with all kinds of silver age villian bullshit just for the fun of it.
>>
>>91553319
>Remember Skylar
Chicls liked Skyar? Are you for real and for sure, my man? That sounds fucking backwards.
>>
Fuck Beth. Rick has no right to barge into their lives and completely screw everything up. Even if they are related, that doesn't mean you need to coddle their toxic behavior.

Beth has major daddy issues and as pathetic as Jerry is, he had every right to draw a line in the sand.
Thread posts: 393
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.