[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Panther & The Crew #1 Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 30

WE WUZ HEROS N' SHIT
>>
>>91485442
I feel like somewhere, Chris Priest is upset.
>>
>>
Normally, I'd make some commentary to accompany the ST, but I have to admit that I didn't felt very creative with this. Maybe it's because I can't into nigga jokes.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91485474
Naw man. He finally has a non-black character to write, he's good.
>>
>>
>>
>>91485624
Anyone can crop that guy in the first panel? Cant do it from my phone and it has potencial.
>>
>>91485767
True, but when he made The Crew he was adamant that the comic was about Social and Class divides and not about race. Hell, he wanted Quicksilver on the team originally.
Guess we'll see how this turns out though.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91485442
I fucking hate this bullshit. "Let's change the iconic suit of a superhero because LE REALISM AND SYNERGY".

It's not even a good fucking re-design and it clashes too fucking much with the MCU in general. Misty tracksuit isn't even that unrealistic, the lady is on stealth work 99% of the time.

And that's my other issue with this thing. Misty has been a spy/mercenary for years. For her to come back as a cop only because NETFLIX SYNERGY feels like character assasination
>>
>>
>>91485893
What's silly about that is that the latest issue of Sam Wilson showed her with her costume still.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91485442
Black Avengers
>>
>>91485442
Jesus Christ, this can't actually be real.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Well ok then.
>>
>>
>>91486010
>>91486041
These guys are robots now? Were they always robots?
>>
>>91485442
Why is Manifold on this team, he's not black?
>>
>>91486095
>>91486129
Oh yeah, sure, a girl that was ONLY BORN IN MANHATTAN and that grew up in Egypt and lived in Kenia for most of her life with Kenian ancestry is SO MUCH GOING TO FEEL A CONNECTION TO AFRICAN AMERICANS.

I fucking hate this bullshit.
>>
This book ain't gonna last past issue six
Keep the shuckin and jivin out of marvel
>>
They should get the writer from the boondocks to write this. That was really good and so was black jesus.
>>
>>91486238
Hey, we're all born out of Africa my brotha.
>>
>>91486262
I'm wondering why they had her disguised for most of the book.
>>
>>91486364
Cause it's a surprise. Weren't you surprised.
>>
>>91486383
I was apathetic.
>>
>>91486383
How many other black women does marvel have ?
>>
>>91486302
The good old Marvel method.
>>
>>91486210
Can you read? They clearly said they were an earlier version, strictly mechanical
>>
>>91486441
Other than Misty and Storm? One.
>>
>>91485755
Oh hey, the Americops are being used outside of Sam's book.
>>
Huh, I was pleasantly surprised at how much Misty there was in this book.
>>
>>91486441
Monica and... Uh... America? No, wait, she's "latina".
>>
Well, this was surprisingly pretty good
>>
>>91486804
Wasn't there another black female mutant
>>
At the very least it sounds very different from BP. That's good.

I'd say I enjoy this one more though, and I like BP.
>>
>>91485704
Yeah! Cops is rayciss
>>
>>91485442
>The Crew

jesus christ, I'm surprised they didnt call it "Da Crew"
>>
>>91485515
>Black heros
>"we are the streets"

holy fuck two pages in and the racism is palpable
>>
>Fiction for whites sees them exploring the universe and going on fantastical adventures
>Fiction for blacks is about how miserable and oppressed they are
Civil rights were a mistake. Clearly they still yearn for the dogs and the hoses
>>
>>91485776
>>91485801
What's up with misty's eyes?
>>
>>91487192
How is it racist?
>>
>>91487417
because it's like "they're black so they have to be down with the streets" etc. it's ridiculous.
>>
>>91487417
So what, you expect me to read this shit cause it's a all black cast? You think the only way to grab a larger black demographic is if there's a bunch negros in it? WELL SHEYUT MASSUH MARVEL U KNO I LUV mE DE LOOK KAGE NOT MY PRESIDENT. Fuck off. Make interesting stories god damn, it's not that fucking hard
>>
>>91485808
>and not about race
?
well the book itself paints a different picture if the Josiah's issue any indication. at the least it paints the two as interrelated
>>
>>91487417
>BP is the ruler of a sovereign nation
>Manifold is a superhuman who spends most of his time living in the Outback training
>Storm was worshiped as a Goddess in Africa, and is part of a completely different race that is currently facing extinction and is in a cold war with the Inhumans, she's got her own shit going on
Luke Cage and Misty I'll give you though.
>>
>>91487618
Here's an interview he did on it
http://digitalpriest.com/legacy/comics/crew2.html
>>
>>91487752
thanks but I already went through his whole site years ago.
>>
>>91487546
That's not an argument against this books quality though. That's just sperging out.
>>
What an utterly boring comic. I love how the little blurd on Misty's design says "classic Misty" even though the only thing classic is the Afro. Im glad the only stories black heroes can tell is stereotypical black race bullshit, which seems pretty racist to me since these characters original usages were far more imaginative and treated like fellow white superheros in mythical shenanigans.
>>
Using 'mayonnaise' as code word for white people eh? Can't get anymore edgy than that.
>>
Pandering upon pandering upon pandering to the mental health racial fantasies made up to believe blacks are oppressed in western society, in the U.S of all places. I think it might be time to round them up and we'll go on a trip to an Indonesian sulfate factory or a Ugandan child soldier camp and let's see what some honest to God, non make believe oppression really looks like.
>>
>>91489043
you're committed I'll give you that
>>
I enjoyed this. Some of you guys really seem to be looking for shit to bitch about
>>
>>91486302
Well it could have if it was a Luke cage and misty knight book

Instead of dragging in black panther, Sam and storm into this
>>
File: 1489786997923.jpg (3MB, 2550x3507px) Image search: [Google]
1489786997923.jpg
3MB, 2550x3507px
>>91485808
>Social and Class divides and not about race

i imagine it will be pure coincidence all the minorities will be depicted as poor and the whites will be rich
>>
>>91489043
>Stop crying about your broken arm unless you want me to break your shoulder
That's what you sound like
>>
>>91489339
I see you didn't actually read Priest's Crew.
>>
Segregation is cool now? When will the Crew get their own water fountain at Avengers Mansion?
>>
>>91489350
Stop pretending your arm's broken
>>
>>91489454
But it is
>>
>>91489493
Reminder that Coates made enough money to afford a $2 million home by writing about how oppressed he is.
>>
>>91489339
Secret 'klux' empire.
>>
>>91489522
Sebastián Coates Can only afford a 2 million dollar home? What's Sporting CP paying him?
>>
>>91489589
Ta-Nehisi Coates, the writer of this book.
>>
>>91489522
Nice deflection.
>>
>>91489617
Well good for him then

Still doesn't proce you right
>>
>Black Panther book.
>No Black Panther.
This is what killed Ghost Rider, you morons.
>>
>>91485704
>Get a job Tyrone
Really
>>
>>91490480
I completely agree with the cop.
>>
File: 1483289855649.jpg (88KB, 666x434px) Image search: [Google]
1483289855649.jpg
88KB, 666x434px
>>91485442
Haha o wow, is this a late april fools thing?

Its joke right guys?
>>
So aside from Avengers and maybe Captain America, have any of Marvel's movie/tv pushes really worked?
>>
>>91490480
I feel like that panel is memeable
>>
>>91488381
This
>>
>>91486238
He's a dark skinned guy with dreadlocks. As far as most are concerned, he's black. I wonder if it'll ever come up at all that he's an Australian Aborigine. Same thing happened to Bishop. He's an Aboriginal too, but everyone thinks he's black and no one cared that he was black in the movie
>>
>>91490915
Guardians, BP and Strange are working
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.