[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Brittany meant to be a subversion of the head cheerleader

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: daria-jane-brittany-kevin.jpg (51KB, 412x266px) Image search: [Google]
daria-jane-brittany-kevin.jpg
51KB, 412x266px
Is Brittany meant to be a subversion of the head cheerleader stereotype? She's really stupid, true, but she's also genuinely nice, and repeatedly tries to be kind to Daria throughout the show. She winds up helping Daria through more than one crisis in the process. If anything, between the two of them Daria's the bigger bitch.
>>
Well, the jock is also a pretty cool-yet-dumb guy too, when they're usually the irredeemable asshole.
>>
>>91476327
This show was willing to acknowledge that in order to be the "most popular" you need to be the best at making friends. The fashion club was popular with guys because they were attractive, but they were never able to reach the top because they were such bitches
>>
>>91476327
Actually there have been more than a few times Daria wasn't a complete bitch to Brittany
>>
>>91476327
>If anything, between the two of them Daria's the bigger bitch.
Yeah, that was kind of the point of the show. Daria isn't a mary sue, she's kind of a bitch.
She knows it, she comments several times the the person responsible for her being an outsider is her. Sometimes she's okay with that and sometimes she's a little jealous of her idiot sister who fits in and is legitimately happy.
And sometimes she's a mean bitch. It was a goos show mang.
>>
>>91476327
They're actually more realistic versions of the popular girl and jock guy.

Alot of people become popular by just being nice and friendly to others.
>>
when she dumps kevin after she learns that he has to repeat one year
>>
My highschool experience was that Brittany and Kevin were more accurate than the stereotypes.
>>
>>91476327
Daria was basically about how people are people. I know that sounds a little simplistic, but consider what show Daria is a spin-off of. Each character seems simplistic and a straight stock character, but they each have their own subtle quirks and stories.

Daria is basically every smug teenager and this show is telling the viewers that you're no fucking better than everyone else. Except Upchuck.
>>
File: JEH OK with this.jpg (168KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
JEH OK with this.jpg
168KB, 600x350px
>That not-movie finale which is Daria dealing with the strain her attitude has put on her parents over the years, but when she talks to them they wouldn't trade because her positive traits are worth it.
>>
>>91478131
>Alot of people become popular by just being nice and friendly to others.
I won't deny she's a genuinely nice girl, but in the show her popularity is mostly due to money.
>>
>>91476327
Most head cheerleaders are like Brittany in real life as far as being nice goes. You can't be popular without the ability to make friends.

>>91477099
>Daria isn't a mary sue

I never got people that said this when the show pointed out that she was wrong multiple times
>>
>>91476327
Daria portrayed people as people, not stereotypes
>>
>>91479374
>the ability to make friends.
Has nothing to do with being nice. Daria and Jane relationship isn't about being nice to each others, it's more about hating the world the same way.
>>
>>91479186
This is pretty astute. Especially about Upchuck.

>>91479254
Ehhhh. The fact that Britney is rich comes up like, what, twice? The two episodes where she/her family are holding a party and if you want to get technical the fact that her stepmother is a trophy wife ten years older than her; otherwise she fits in with the rest of the upper middle depictions. And even that last thing still affirms that Britney (even if she's not very bright) is charming and congenial because the joke there is that *she gets along great with her dad's arm candy wife.*

The episode where Jane paints replicas of classical art doesn't count because that's Jane dealing with Britney's dad.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.